Do Marvel have far more intersting 'Bad guys'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yahman

The Ion
I don't know. I think they've done a good job of revamping foes like Black Adam, Cheetah, Zoom, Despero, Deathstroke, Dr. Light, etc.

For instance, The Flash's rogues gallery used to be a joke but Geoff Johns turned them into the 2nd best gallery in DC next to Batman's, IMO.

8bitChris
Tracer from Spider-Man the other has become an instant favorite of mine after only three issues.

stormfront13
did you just call the cheetah weak? did you hear about her recent upgrade? she has flash-like speed, and claws that can magically cut through anything.

ScarletSpider
Yeah. But before that she was hardcore puss (no pun intended).

long pig
D.C normally has weak ass villains. Slade was an awesome villain, so they turned him into a anti-hero type guy and depowered him.

Now, he's a villain again, and back to full power. It's a good thing.

But, as a rule, D.C villains are mainly weak and fodder for the heroes.

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
For instance, The Flash's rogues gallery used to be a joke but Geoff Johns turned them into the 2nd best gallery in DC next to Batman's, IMO.

I agree 100%

yahman
Originally posted by long pig
D.C normally has weak ass villains. Slade was an awesome villain, so they turned him into a anti-hero type guy and depowered him.

Now, he's a villain again, and back to full power. It's a good thing.

But, as a rule, D.C villains are mainly weak and fodder for the heroes.

I just can't beleive they are fighting people who can throw Boomerangs and Human Sharks !!!!!!!!!!!!

There are Some obvious exceptions, but not many. smile

Dr.Fate
but you also have to consider when DC had superheroes they didn't have super villains just petty crooks and then Nazis then evil scientist. It wasn't until later that they had developed the super villian theat was a revoloution in comics. So by that time Stan Lee could make villians with powers. DC still had to use the old villians because the fans liked them so thats why DC villians have less power then most Marvel villians. But DC has interesting characters if you can look past how much power do they have? More power does not make a great villian it helps though

willRules
I think DC have one or two villains which are very cool whereas Marvels villains arent as cool but there are a lot more of them.

newjak86
Darksied and Deathstroke spring to mind as really cool villians. Cyborg Supes as well and Lobo

yahman
Originally posted by newjak86
Darksied and Deathstroke spring to mind as really cool villians. Cyborg Supes as well and Lobo

For every Darksied and Dathstroke there is a Captain Nazi and Captain Boomerang. smile

willRules
Marvel has cool villains as well.........Bullseye and Taskmaster arethe first 2 that i can think of.........Doc Ock is cool as well IMO............

stormfront13
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Yeah. But before that she was hardcore puss (no pun intended).

oh, i thought you meant like now, present time. though she was able to easily cut wonder woman, and give her a run for her money. but the male cheetah was great, he was even too fast for superman and beat him in like 3 minutes.

The Ion
Cheetah is an interesting case. In WW #222, Diana flat out embarrassed her. I mean, she completely laid her out. However, the whole issue was about Cheetah's origin, trying to add depth to her character, explaining exactly why she hates Diana, etc. It was pretty good.

8bitChris
Magneto, Galactus, Dr. Doom, Thanos....classics!

Juntai
I'd say it's pretty equivelent.
Lex Luthor.
Darkseid.
Brainiac.
Parallax.
Extant.
Mordru.
Etrigan.
Lobo.

The Ion
Pre-retcon Parallax

ahem.

Adam Warlock
Hmmmm... Marvel baddies...

Korvac
Thanos
Tyrant
Abomination
Ultron
Kang
Dr. Doom
Exodus
Magneto
Tracer
Baron Zemo
Bullseye
Venom
Carnage
Juggernaut
Abraxas
Zarathos
Mephisto
Loki

The Ion
Yeah, Abraxas is a real classic.

Scoobless
DC had a kickass badguy in Prometheus..... for about five minutes.... then they made him a chump

Green Goblin outclasses a lot of other "baddies" mainly because he f**ks with Spidey as Spider-Man and Peter Parker just to mess up his life as much as superhumanly possible

Spider-Man has some of the best villains, GG, Venom, Doc Ock, Kingpin (shared with DD).... you don't need to be insanely powerful to be a good villain.... you just have to make the "hero" crap themselves from time to time

big grin

EsteemedLeader
Two-Face, although not the most powerful, is pretty wicked.

Half pure good, half pure evil. Just like odd couple, except in one head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.