Grevious and co. versus Mandalore and co.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Grievious and 10 magma guards versus Mandalore (Canderous) and 10 veteran mandalorians.

Fishy
Mandelorians... Veteran Mandelorians should be able to take down those Magna guards... GG is hard, but I doubt even he can withstand the heavy blaster fire of 10 Mandelorian heavy repeating blasters firing at him. And Mandalore can probably hold on until those Magna Guards are dead...

kamikz
Exactly, I doubt Grievous can deflect many blaster bolts at all, he can't sense where there coming. And the body guards are jedi killers, not trooper killers. Mandalorians also got a lot of different weapons, some melee, some range which would make it even harder for the droids.

jollyjim311
Yup.

Pentagram
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Yup.

Hark! The hearty clang of the spam detector! What a bloody pointless post.

Anyway, mandalore would win as long as the battle didnt start at range, as it's highly likely those mandalorians will have some anti-droid deely hiding in their armour(and remember what that blaster did to Grievous? Bang - eyeballs go pop). I reckon that the Magnaguards will be able to kill a few mandalorians, but really, all those blaster bolts will tear them apart. They just have no defence.
But up close - bodyguards and grievous outright. Grievous would cut up mandalore (Grievous could probably survive with his limbs damaged by mandalore, if his vibroblades could even cut through them.) Whereas a simple swish of one of Grievous' four lightsabres will cut mandalore in half. The fact that the Magnaguards can fight without a head and that they can do all those crazy acrobatic moves, they'd run rings around the Magnaguards.

Pent

jollyjim311
Nope, this is a pointless post. I just thought that it would be better to say that then resatate what they had said. Any way, I didn't need a novel to show my opinion on the topic. Oh well, this isn't really that important anyway.

Pentagram
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Nope, this is a pointless post. I just thought that it would be better to say that then resatate what they had said. Any way, I didn't need a novel to show my opinion on the topic. Oh well, this isn't really that important anyway.

Why exactly did you even bother to post then? If your opinion has been stated already, surely its already being taken into consideration so you wouldn't need to bother.

Pent

jollyjim311
I was elaborating since it was obvious you wanted me to. Who cares? I don't need to get into an argument with you, you're new here, this is relatively pointless. Done.

kamikz
Well actually, they are not outclassed in melee. These are Mandalore, the greatest of the Mandalorians and veteran mandalorians, normal mandalorians could stand up to jedi, they could dodge lightsabers and were very skilled in both unarmed combat and weapon combat, although their real strenght lies in range.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by kamikz
Well actually, they are not outclassed in melee. These are Mandalore, the greatest of the Mandalorians and veteran mandalorians, normal mandalorians could stand up to jedi, they could dodge lightsabers and were very skilled in both unarmed combat and weapon combat, although their real strenght lies in range.

I don't think that "normal" Mandalorians could stand up to Jedi. In KotoR II when you have beaten all the Mandalorian Champions on Dxun the best of them (I don't recall his name atm) tells you that he lost against a Jedi in a direct melee confrontation. So I doubt that a normal Mandalorian would be able to stand up to a Jedi in a melee fight if one of their "champs" (well...I don't know if he would have been considerer a "champion" when the Mandalorians were around in great numbers - at least he survived the Mandalorian Wars) can't do that.

Considering the fight: If it starts on a decent range the Mandalorians most likely will kill everything with firepower before someone gets close to them. Starting at melee range it would be harder for them but I think a veteran Mandalorian would be able to deal with a Magma Guard and I doubt that Grievous will be able to take down Canderous fast.

That will most likely result in Mandalorians outnumbering Grievous and then some of them keep him busy in melee combat while the other simply fire at him.

So I'd say the Mandalorians win this fight.

Fishy
Actually Nai, the champion talks about his last fight with a Jedi in a starfighter above Malachor V... Not about anything else.

And well the Exile wasn't an average Jedi anymore when he came there. He had the power of many of his friends including somebody like Kreia. However an average Mandelorian would probably not take an average Jedi, i'm still pretty sure some Mandelorians can kill Jedi. Mandalore for instance should be able to do it. As should the greater one's like the champion or Canderous. But most of them probably wouldn't do it in a one on one fight.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Fishy
Actually Nai, the champion talks about his last fight with a Jedi in a starfighter above Malachor V... Not about anything else.

Gna...really ? I was always thinking that he was talking about a direct confrontation. Either I got that wrong or I have to blame the translation...(I will check that if I ever get the game installed again...)

100 % Agree.

Fishy
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Gna...really ? I was always thinking that he was talking about a direct confrontation. Either I got that wrong or I have to blame the translation...(I will check that if I ever get the game installed again...)

100 % Agree.

100% sure I have the quote written down here somewhere... I wrote all that crap down for the thing i'm writing about Revan, so I know what i'm talking about in this case.

And blame the translation... I never understood why you germans translate everything its annoying as hell.

Darth_Glentract
I agree with Fishy.

Also, about Mandalorians being able to take an average Jedi, I'd say Mandalore and the Captains could do it, but the lower ranks would go down.

Gryn Jabar
Considering that Jedi weren't likely to be used as frontline "meatfodder", it's HIGHLY unlikely that the war had them squaring off against the Mandalorians in massive pitched battles. I would guess they were used as either
A) Shock troops, which would explain their casualties.
or
B) Special forces.
My guess is that they were a mix of the two, but not Frontline troops, as that was the job of the republic.

Darth_Glentract
I think it said that Revan and Malak spent some time on the frontlines though.

Gryn Jabar
Well yeah, but not as bloody sloggers like the standard republic infantry.

Deus Ex
Malak definately lead frontline. The Jedi in the Mandalorian Wars had many roles. The Exile was a general who commanded from a ship (Over Malacor V) and on the ground (As per his Korriban flashback). Malak is mentioned in his profile on the official site as leading from the front and being pivotal in many ground battle victories as Revan was in more naval victories (Which makes me question whether Revan saw extensive ground combat in the Mandalorian War. He may have killed the Mandalore of the era, but this could have easily been in ship combat, in an arranged duel, or otherwise)

Anyways, Mandalorians were more numerous than jedi. I don't have an exact quote in front of me, but it is doubtful that even half of the Order joined the war effort. Since at the end of the Sith Wars (forty years beforehand) the entire order was in orbit over Yavin IV and it composed of (If I remember correctly) thousands upon thousands of jedi knights. Not tens of thousands nor hundreds, though remember I could be wrong since I don't have the comic here at work to reference.

So in that instance, the Mandalorians greatly outnumbered the jedi, and with their superb understanding of war effort they would easily be able to slaughter jedi using traps, crossfire, blaster assault rifles, etc. They may have even used jedi-specific traps and weapons to kill them, since warlike nations are notorious for making enemy-specific weapons in a relatively small amount of time. Now, if you ask me if a regular Mandalorian can kill even an average jedi in combat I would say possibly, but nothing worth losing sleep over. It is more likely for the jedi to win in a fair battle. Mandalorian captains, generals, etc? Probably very more likely to win against an average jedi, simply because they abtain their positions not purely through tactical merit but through battle prowess as well. A Mandalorian elite is the modern day equivalent of a hardened Navy SEAL trained from birth and perhaps in his mid forties. This is a man more dangerous than is readily easy to believe. And because of this (Compared to the jedi's apparently meek training as peace keepers and advocator's of harmony) it is very likely he could kill a jedi in melee combat before the other could think to react. Even strong jedi would be hard pressed to defeat such a champ in melee.

ANyways, I'm rambling because I'm bored at work and it's nice to speculate and make views from old news for once.

General Deprus
grevious should win! remember that he dealed with 6 jedi at once and won!

Deus Ex

Dealt is the word you're looking for, and it's not that simple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.