Stryfe : The Chaos-Bringer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nathaniel Grey
Stryfe was one of my all time favorite villains. He brought the medium of the evil clone to new heights of confusion in the Marvel Universe and continued to be a driving force, via the Legacy Virus, well after his expiration date. Who else thinks the Chaos-Bringer should get a new lease on life and get an overhaul that would make The Askani'son shudder?

Disappear
he already died, then came back, then died again. stryfe's a concept that nobody really even cares about anymore, considering he only operates well as a counterweight to cable. and since cable's on to bigger and better things, and has enough problems with SHIELD, the X-Men and even that Skornn nonsense, stryfe would just clog up the works.

Nathaniel Grey
I disagree. I think were Stryfe to be remodelled by the proper writer and artist team he could still play a more pivotal role as Nathan's counterweight. You have to admit that during the X-Cutioner's Song he was quite an interesting character. I think he'd bring back a missing element to Cable's existance considering the fact he's got no direction nor any decent adversaries these days. And one thing a decent hero/messiah/mercenary time-traveller needs is an adversary. ( Though I realize Apocalypse will return soon enough. )

Disappear
cable's been up to big things recently, so i'm not sure what you mean by "no direction." and, since cable & deadpool's got the green light up til issue 36, at least, maybe stryfe will make an appearance. doubtful, but possible.

Nathaniel Grey
Cable's entire existance was always wrapped about the destruction of Apocalypse and altering the time-stream. The whole mutant messiah ordeal seemed out of character for him and directionless. Especially since he had no major adversary. I don't count Skornn since Liefeld's ideas, most of them, are trash.

Disappear
as is his art. i agree about skornn completely. but to say his existence revolves around the destruction of apocalypse isn't entirely accurate. his "existence" has revolved around many different features, such as training younger mutants (x-force,) anti-terrorism campaigns (soldier x,) spreading peace and placidity (x-men and cable & deadpool,) etc. his creation and "destiny" are linked inexorably to the eradication of apocalypse, but that doesn't define who he is as a person or character.

Nathaniel Grey
Well said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.