The Chosen One featurette from the DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Ive seen this and it's pretty cool I must say. yes Although there is a part where George says he based Hayden ROTS look off of ROTJ and Im kinda not seeing that. messed

BAILY
So whats in it then?

kremzike
Can I see it? :P

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by BAILY
So whats in it then?

Who wants to know?

The DVD's out in five days... exercise patience and don't spoil it for yourself.

GCG
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Ive seen this and it's pretty cool I must say. yes Although there is a part where George says he based Hayden ROTS look off of ROTJ and Im kinda not seeing that. messed

erm..maybe he talks of DV's mask ? What the f**k?

though i did notice Ewan looking like Alec whenhe says
" I have failed you Anakin."

BAILY
eh I want to know bc I dont watch Special Features..only deleted scenes.. dont care for anything else really

Jedi Priestess
No he's speaking of the way they made Hayden look. And Krems the hook up is on the way.

GCG
I wonder if he is comparing Hayden to Luke or to Vader

kremzike
Sweet. smile

Jedi Priestess
VADER

jediprson
It is cool

Jedi Priestess
Would I lie to you? eyes

jediprson
Would I lie to you? eyes

maybe. lol

Jedi Priestess
bang

jediprson
bang

hey you hurt me. lol

Sir Mist
wtf this needed a thread?

whistling

Jedi Priestess
Yes darling it is, because it is ON the DVD and therefore will rate a discusion. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sir Mist
Originally posted by BAILY
So whats in it then?

Jedi Priestess
Basically all about Anakin. Some new stuff some old.

JKozzy
I would assume information on Anakin, his destiny, and how he turned to the darkside. Probably interview(s) with Hayden about getting into his character.

Sir Mist
Like what? You said its a discussion, but you havent said anything so far except you watched it and that part about Hayden ROTS/ROTJ..

Ill watch it on DVD of course, but meh, interesting to know whats in it...

Jedi Priestess
Think one big extra long webdoc. K eek!

Sir Mist
K....so....where does this thread go?

JKozzy
Probably in the Episode III fourm, since it's discussing Episode III DVD Extras. I don't see a seperate forum for the Episode III DVD.... erm

Sir Mist
No, I meant....if shes not gonna say whats on it, why make a thread?

What happened to the old days, just before the movie came out.....spoiler tags anyone?

Im just interested to know whats in it...

DarkYoda
Oh... I wish I could see it too!!! Damn me and my inability to download files off the internet! crybaby

LightSaber_Part
"inability"??
You're joking right?? big grin

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Sir Mist
No, I meant....if shes not gonna say whats on it, why make a thread?

What happened to the old days, just before the movie came out.....spoiler tags anyone?

Im just interested to know whats in it...

Dude, I didnt write it down ok? Sorry, I dont HAVE a play by play for you. Its all about Anakin. Me thinks you are just trying to pick a fight.

Ast
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Oh... I wish I could see it too!!! Damn me and my inability to download files off the internet! crybaby

Cant you get pills for that?

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by JKozzy
I would assume information on Anakin, his destiny, and how he turned to the darkside. Probably interview(s) with Hayden about getting into his character.

Exactly, and George of course and the guy that did the makeup from the lava bath.

Sir Mist
Dude, I didnt write it down ok? Sorry, I dont HAVE a play by play for you. Its all about Anakin. Me thinks you are just trying to pick a fight.

Well for starters, Im not.
I clicked the thread cause, oh look, a DVD feature, might be interesting to see what its about.....oh...nothing...

If I was trying to pick a fight, how is it different from everyone else you've had one with?

Anyway, thats got nothing to do with the thread, I just wanted to know what was in it, you havent provided, Ill leave, ok?

Jedi Priestess
Look up

JKozzy
What else did we do for at least a year and a half on this forum? We speculated... so.. why not speculate?

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Ast
Cant you get pills for that?

So I've heard... shifty

Sir Mist
Originally posted by JKozzy
What else did we do for at least a year and a half on this forum? We speculated... so.. why not speculate?

Because she said she saw iterm

So...tell?

JKozzy
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Well for starters, Im not.
I clicked the thread cause, oh look, a DVD feature, might be interesting to see what its about.....oh...nothing...

If I was trying to pick a fight, how is it different from everyone else you've had one with?

Anyway, thats got nothing to do with the thread, I just wanted to know what was in it, you havent provided, Ill leave, ok? To be honest... theres' not much else it COULD be... I mean, the title: "The Chosen One" featurette... gonna have to do with Hayden/Anakin and probably how it was done... kinda self-explanitory. The rest is left to speculation until its release on Tuesday, or we can talk about what we know.

No need to start throwing out arguments, either way.

Jedi Priestess
Thanks Kozz.......the voice of reason.

DarkYoda
So is there anything new in it of interest? Or is it the same rehash?

Jedi Priestess
The whole makeup thing is new and they show alot of green screen stuff such as when Vader has fallen to the river bank after Obi-Wan has cut him down.

Adamwankenobi
It contains a small clip of the CG Yoda. That's a major highlight.

(You can now thank Adamwankenobi for this enlightening piece of knowlegde)

kremzike
I think the Anakin burned make-up stuff is the best part, better than the Yoda part, which they just tossed in like it was an afterthought. But they really did re-use a LOT of stuff from the Anakin webdoc. You'll all love it. Just a few days more!

Jedi Priestess
Gkad you got it krem smile

tlbauerle
I wonder if this is for discussion or showing off....

kremzike
All the on-set behind the scenes footage is what I really wish we had some more of. Particularly some more of the post duel stuff on the hill & the Vader construction scenes. But what we do get of it here is really cool!

DeVi| D0do
Basically all about Anakin. Some new stuff some old.
Sounds enthralling...

Jedi StunRun
i have a suspicion about George's next move, concerning Yoda in this doc. watch it and find out for yourselves

Jedi StunRun
ok, this is the first thread ive posted in many months, but after viewing "The Chosen One" doc on the ROTS DVD, i couldnt help but notice to see a digital Yoda replacing the TPM puppet.
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HYZSPNCHQWEM1HUQTFKCZYC1J

...and i got this link from elsewhere, not where you think *to those who it may concern*

Adamwankenobi
HO-LY ****ING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS INDEED AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nate100
erm.................... i dont get it.

General Zink
This has kind of been known for a bit. We've seen pictures. wink

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Have you been living under a rock?

darthvader_fan
ive been livin in a pineapple

get it laughing

just kidding

Jedi Priestess
blink why didnt you just post the link in the thread already made?

nate100
so your thread is about the new didital yoda?

has that not been around for quite a while now?

Jedi Priestess
I think Kozzy made a thread about that...........or am I confused?

EDIT: Nope it was Sans Fi my bad.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t369829.html

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi StunRun
ok, this is the first thread ive posted in many months, but after viewing "The Chosen One" doc on the ROTS DVD, i couldnt help but notice to see a digital Yoda replacing the TPM puppet.

...and i got this link from elsewhere, not where you think *to those who it may concern*
As much as I hate that TPM muppet, that scene just doesn't work as well when Yoda looks all cutesy like that... It was better when he looked evil.

Jedi Priestess
you are a fan of evil arent you devil

*Natalie~Luver*

That Hayden ROTJ outfit was an unused shot from ROTS, Hayden and no idea he was in the ghost scene. they just pasted his head on the shot. Pathetic

Jedi Priestess
worked for me smile

*Natalie~Luver*

Adamwankenobi
Actually, Hayden confirmed in that AOL interview with Lucas that he specifically filmed that shot for ROTJ, and explained his appreciation for being able to "stand next to Alec Guiness."

tlbauerle
Yeah...his head was the only thing that made it into that shot.

Ast
I hate when people put my head on things. no expression

Oh the horrible memories. blink

tlbauerle
I'm...not sure I even want to think about maybe wanting to know what your alluding to.

Adamwankenobi
I'm scared to know.

GCG

You may want to watch ROTS with the commentary; GL explains a lot about the plot in it.

JKozzy
JP > I see it, definately. It definately comes out on Mustafar.

smashbro203
Can anyone who has the dvd post the chosen one featurette on yousendit or megaupload?

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Stun

someone aready did...

smashbro203
someone aready did...
No, I mean the whole thing.

Jedi Priestess
oh sorry

*Natalie~Luver*
someone aready did...

Interesting, nice link JP

Jedi Priestess
huh ?

*Natalie~Luver*
I mean, that other guy

wrong person and quote

OB1-adobe
Suprised can't seem to find a thread on this.

Anyway you can watch the new TPM yoda on the featurett the chosen one. Pretty cool.

MochaChica
Yes!! I noticed that as well. He's all CG now, so I guess we're definitely going to get another Episode I DVD, unless they did that just for the featurette, which I highly doubt. Maybe they did that for the 3D version?

Stun
i think Jkossy made the first thread, then i made the 2nd which was merged

Jedi Priestess
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t374277.html

OB1-adobe
Son of a btch!

Attention K-Mart shoppers: I'm an idiot no

Da preacher
cool, didn't know that!

THX

PVS
laughing out loud

*throws rotten vegitables at OB1*

vader519
I saw that yesterday when I was watching it.

Ast
Hopefully that isnt the final version, because it looked like crap.

Ushgarak
Merged

PVS
Originally posted by Ast
Hopefully that isnt the final version, because it looked like crap.

im sure thats not the final, fear not smile

adamrubin
what looks like crap?

The New History
Originally posted by adamrubin
what looks like crap? The TPM CG yoda

JKozzy
Still wayyyyy improved over puppet ..sick

Ast
Originally posted by PVS
im sure thats not the final, fear not smile

I think they should redo the lines, he talks so fast that when he moves around with each word he looks wierd.

Adamwankenobi
Just for your viewing pleasure, I have uploaded the clip in full quality from the DVD (it ends up about 3MB in MPEG2). Here is the link to it via rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.de/files/7126283/TPM-CGYoda.mpg.html

tlbauerle
This was actually a pretty SWEET little featurette....I liked it!

Adamwankenobi
I concur.

GCG
Dont know if its been mentioned before, but Anakin does point his finger at Padme "ANH style" when he tells her she was talking like a separatist.

Jedi Priestess
I saw that too. smile

Alliance
The part that I especially liked was the part with the Episode I yoda replaced by the CG one. Did anyone else catcht that? I dont mean to open up the whole puppet vs CG debate. I DONT MIND EITHER ONE!, but i thought the Episode I puppet looked like cr*p. It makes me happy that in the 3D release he'll be replaced.

GCG
Originally posted by Alliance
The part that I especially liked was the part with the Episode I yoda replaced by the CG one. Did anyone else catcht that? I dont mean to open up the whole puppet vs CG debate. I DONT MIND EITHER ONE!, but i thought the Episode I puppet looked like cr*p. It makes me happy that in the 3D release he'll be replaced.

You mean in the end when he conferes with Obi 1 right ?

In fact Lucas explains that back then, they didnt have the color codes and the right textures to make Yoda close-ups ; or rather in ROTS they had the technlogy not only for colors and textures but also to have the right expression on his face and GL stresses the point on the 'right expresion' more than once.

Alliance
No, i was refering to the fear leads to anger....etc quote. I know lucas didnt have the ability to make Yoda for TPM, im just glad he's replacing him.

GCG
blink When did he do that ?

You must have a New DVD cause mine is still puppet in that scene.

adamrubin
does anyone have the entire chosen one featurette to send(if allowed)

jediprson
here

http://www.cwhobbies.com/MAQ10012.MP4

Lord-Qel-Droma
LOL how I can play it?

jediprson
Quicktime

Lord-Qel-Droma
When I try the quicktime player, it says error-8971. Any idea?

jediprson
then i dont know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.