World Cup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
And so it has begun.

I've got a splendid day planned for Sunday's early game versus Sweden. I'm meeting up with some friends at one lads house and we're gonna make a full days drinking out of it. I plan to be tipsy by kick-off, which is 10.30 am (I think). Woo-hoo! cool

Palanfirith
The France-Senegal match just ended and I'm so happy that France lost evil face

mechmoggy

Sir Lancelot
I was hoping for Senegal too....I was so glad that France lost. I don`t like them very much.

Diof or Diop or whatever his name was, was really impressing me. He was a great footballer.

Palanfirith
Senegal is kinda Bayer Levenkusen .A unknown team who make an exceptional game(so far) or championship.
It's the first time they were at wc and they beat France........
rolling on floor laughing

mah
impressive by senegal, but more dissapointing by france

finti
huh you just learned about football or what...

yerssot
unknown for other people perhaps, not for me

Palanfirith
Didn't BL qualified for the first time in Champions league ? rolling on floor laughing
And not unknown for people , but for europeen leagues wink

mah
one thing's for sure, england wont get to the 1/8 finals. they'll beat sweden, but not nigeria and argentina.

yerssot
I think Nigeria/England would be close...

Palanfirith
do u have a favorit team?
Mines Holland

mah
holland aint in the WC! where are you from palanfirith?

Palanfirith
Are u kiddn' me ?!?!?! GOD I just looked now in the wc tv program and I saw that they are not.I cannot belive this..... sad sad
I couldn't even imagine that they didn't qualifed.....man.....life sucks
Sorry bout the mistake but I was taken by surprise
I'm from Romania

tryui
I think Argentina will win the World Cup. England has a very good team this time, but they will be beaten in the quarter finals. My ranking is:

1. Argentina
2. Italy
3. Brazil

Palanfirith
I think Argentina has a very good team this year and it has very good chanses to win the wc.

Ushgarak
Holland wasn't too happy about being out, either...

Mech, he only got 6-1 odda? I thought it was 9-1 in general?

Worth laughing over anyway but I doubt France will be so tame again.

England vs Sweden will be a case of us trying to make the most of free kicks; Sweden are being VERY physical lately.

mah
referring to the incident at training?

yerssot
big grin

so I take Beckham won't play long?

Palanfirith
why?
Did he injured himself ?

Ushgarak
I guess yerss' idea is that we are worried that the nasty Swedes will break poor Beckham again.

Sadly, if we want to take advantage of the free kicks we need him out there!

Palanfirith
well......I hope that Beckham will keep his feet in good shape big grin

yerssot
that won't be a problem, him on the field for 90 minutes is something else...

I think that would be the first thing they'll do: kick Beckham out

Palanfirith
maybe they wouldn't ,because they are at wc and they don't want to be criticised by the media

mah
it's not like the swedes are evil barbarians, with one sight in eye, beckhams leg! some countries might be like that, but the swedes play fair football

Palanfirith
Every country sometimes plays dirty football.
But I don't think that at wc will be played dirty football

yerssot
our former GK did a kamikaze on a player once big grin

Palanfirith
our former team had a player who loved to punch the opponents in face..... evil face ......big grin
P.S:without beening seen by the referee.....lol

finti
I think England will follow Argentina to the next round Sweden looks kind of feeble and Nigeria aint as good as last WC.
If you want to look out for an african country my bet is on Cameroon, I think they`ll reach the longest of the African nation, Senegal was lucky today, not that the French were that good but the margine was on the Senegals side

Palanfirith
Senegal was lucky but let's face it , thay played GREAT. big grin

finti
They didnt play great, in fact it was a boring game. Senegal defended themself 95% of the time.

mah
true, and they were good at THAT. but not much else, except their one good attacker.

yerssot
you mean Khalilou Fadiga?

and France thinks they're great! they should know that with a B squad they can't win from Belgium, so play with an A-squad a DECENT game

mah
I don't mean fadiga, I mean diof

Ushgarak
Dirty or otherwise, Swden are giving away a lot of free kicks lately.

finti
What?? when did you se a match with Sweden in it Ush.

yerssot
WC qualification

or you mean Sweden-England?

Ushgarak
I'm basing what I say on Terry Venables comments, so... maybe he's an idiot.

Corran
It goes without saying EL Tel is an idiot - Sweden do try to play physically as with most Northern European teams, but they play fairly, I don't think they are dirty.
As for targetting Beckham - can't see that, a lot of the Swedish players will be plyaing in the premiership next year, they wouldn't want the aggro.
I truly do think England have a good chance of reaching the Semi's now - they are a better unit than the sum of the players under Sven GE.
Senegal, for a team that forgot to enter the qualification for the last WC, have done well, shocking France early on when France expected them to roll over, then just playing with all but one man behind the ball. But France did themselves no favours, they appeared under-prepared and over confident!
Still 3 teams in the past have lost their 1st game but still made the Final.

I got 8-1 for Senegal to Win!!!! and my money for the WC is with Portugal!!!

Texas
I caught the last 30 minutes of it this morning!! BOARING!!!! What the hell is with that clock, it counts up, and then it stops and another clock pops up confused

Anyways, wont be seeing anymore matches, the start at like 7:30 a.m. my time! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where the hell is Senegal anyways? confused

Ushgarak
Africa.

yerssot
count to 90 then they count the extra time

Texas
They have the World Cup showing here on ESPN2 which is like channel 498!
No one really cares about soccer here, except immigrants.

yerssot
because you didn't qualify?

Texas
I dont know, did we?
Did Belgium?

yerssot
first question: no
second one: yes

Corran
Correction:- yes to both!!!

yerssot
you're right...
Group D:

VS; South-Korea, Polen and Portugal

Palanfirith
yerss...USA DID qualified wink

yerssot
yes, as Corran said and as I wrote after that

Palanfirith
sorry 'bout that.I had some problems with my connection and I made that reply but my Internet Explorer sent it with delay,after I reconnected big grin

finti
I hope England beats Sweden reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll gooooooooooooooood

yerssot
Ireland-Cameroon, still 0-0... sigh... when!??? will they score

Corran
Well, not bad now, some good goals going in.

Especially the Rodreiguez equaliser agin Denmark. Who'd have thought that a Dane would be top scorer at any point in a world Cup!

mah
pretty well done by ireland to play draw against Cameroon, surprising

mechmoggy
That Uraguay equalizer was amazing! I bet its the goal of the tournament, or second at least.

Germany had a tough match against the Saudi's roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think England will win tomorrow, I'm gonna get drunk in celebration or drunk to drown my sorrows, either way I win. big grin

yerssot
yeah! good job of Germany big grin

mah
germans good yes, but extremely weak by Saudi A.

yerssot
what did you expact of them? the world title?

mah
I don't expect results like this to come in the world cup, when everyone's talking bout the teams getting more equal in quality and 'anyone can beat anyone'. this match was more like a premier team against 3rd-divison.

yerssot
all teams are equal, but some are more equal then others

King Jedi
How can one team be more equal than another? They're either equal or they're different. confused

I think Italy will win.

Corran
roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Itali do look good this time....again

Ushgarak
So much for yerss' cunning political allegory...

yerssot
*starts to cry*
they didn't get it, Ush! They just didn't get it! After all the effort I spent typing it!

mechmoggy
Never mind Yerss, I sniggered but it wasn't worth a LOL.

BTW I thought you all would find this both interesting and erotic (depending on which side your bread is butttered), but I'm sitting here half naked and drunk. Drunk because I went out for a quick couple which ended up 8 and no money left, half naked cus I didn't want to get red wine on my nice new FCUK sweater. big grin

yerssot

mechmoggy
K?

yerssot
K what?

mechmoggy
As in........

K, I don't know what that Mech with the funny foreign letter on the end means?

yerssot
supposed to hit the exclamation mark but accidently hit the ce-dit mark

Ushgarak
Yeah, those silly dangly c's that the foreign chappies use...

yerssot
hey! I don't use it! I'm not french!
take it back! TAKE IT BACK! mad

mechmoggy
I thought that was only used by the French?

To be fair, what the hell do I know? confused

yerssot
and as far as I know, it is used by the french, but with that foreign chappies comment of Ush he basicly said I am french!!! mad mad mad

Ushgarak
We should rule the world and ban letters like that.

yerssot
agreed on the banning, and WHO did you had in mind of ruling ?

Ushgarak
Why, the jolly British Empire, of course! And we would re-name Belgium "France Minor"

mechmoggy
Tee hee, I like it.

All hail the almighty, all powerful, all knowing Ushgarak.

*Performs silly salute*

yerssot
you do that, in the meantime, I'll move away... far away... to the country of AOTC VCD's...

Ushgarak
You may subdue the Continent at your lesiure, General Mech. You and your consort will rule thrse people!

yerssot
so mech gets a job in the asylum?

mechmoggy
General Mech big grin

I'll rule with both an iron fist and a satin glove!

(Don't know what that means, but it sounds very profound)

yerssot
and hopefully with your pants on roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
No no no, as leader of this military regime I declare that the wearing of underpants is forbidden.

Anyone caught bearing undercrackers will be punished. evil face

yerssot
Why do I suddenly think about spanking?

Ushgarak
What parts of Europe does Mrs. Moggy get, Mech?

yerssot
the lower ones big grin

mechmoggy
I'm thinking the hot ones, that way when I return from glorious battles I can inspect the "white bits" for pleasure. wink

yerssot
the garden?

mechmoggy
You are a strange yet intriging young man Yerss. big grin

yerssot
I live to eat big grin

Argentina (people like to say they make a good chance to win the WC) have won, England-Sweden (same poule) will be played later on (11.30 for me, 10.30 for you)

Palanfirith
11:30 for me too
Where are u from yerss ?

yerssot
Norway

finti
He is Belgian Palanfirith, people like him are put to sleep in Norway

yerssot
I like to sleep smile

mah
pretty tense in the england-sweden match now...

yerssot
they're doing fine... Beckham still walks wink
it will stay 1-1 I think... or they should score in the very last second

Ushgarak
Bloody typical, eh? We get the exact free kick we want a few minutes AFTER we pull Beckham off!

Well, pretty standard that match. As everyone says, England were better in the first half and Sweden in the second; to be honest it was very dull all around and I think both teams will be looking to improve in the bloody group.

mah
indeed, if they go on playing like this I predict Nigeria will beat them both, and qualify as second team.

finti
Well Nigeria was kind of poor against Argentina in a yawn of a game

yerssot
that's because everyone keeps saying Argentina will win the WC, if they can get defeated with only 1-0, that's great... for them

mah
spain won 3-1 over slovenia. pretty good by slovenia too though, but I think paraguay and spain will qualify from that group.

Palanfirith
That's my opinion too

yerssot
poodoo! I knew I shouldn't have visited this thread till AFTER I saw the game!... ow well...

Dexx
Too bad Romania didn't qualify..... sad Noooo! not that nostalgy again....damn, i can't stop it now.....i'm cryin'........wanna see a grown man ( almost ) cryin'?? sad

mah

Palanfirith
too bad for both sad

yerssot
well, bad luck... big grin

Palanfirith
It's all about luck and chance because,let's face it there are a lot of qualified teams worse than Holland,Romania or Norway

yerssot
Tunesia big grin

mah
saudi arabia

yerssot
well, they were just clumsy, Germany wasn't great

mechmoggy
I got up early this morning to watch the Mexico game (boring) and then the Brazil game (great game). Just watched the Italy game (Boring, thought Ecuador would have played better).

I'm aching all over from yesterday, I've got a big graze on my forehead from playing footy whilst drunk, a love-bite on my neck that my mate gave me when we were wrestling whilst drunk. My new England top and jeans are covered with grass stains. We polished off, between 3 blokes: -

42 cans of lager
10 bottles of Stella
8 pints of snakebite
2 bottles of wine
1 bottle of Whiskey

I just love the World Cup. big grin

mah
roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
Yes I realise my life is both shallow and fruitless, buts thats how I like it. big grin

mah
smile well that's what matters

Corran
Well USA certainly pulled off a shock result today - and I've got a bet on Portugal to win the tournament, lets hope this kickstarts them!!!

yerssot
Portugal??? Hope not!

mah
truly shocking by the US team

Corran
You don't think Belgium or England have a chance do you? I'd rather Portugal won than say France, Argentina or Germany!!

mah
ireland still impress me

yerssot
No, I just betted on another country

Texas
USA won???
Ah, who cares?! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
who cares about you?

Texas
Yo momma that's who! stick out tongue smokin' stick out tongue

yerssot
yes, she cares about me

Sir Lancelot
Yeah, USA won....man...it`s fantastic.....I have to say i don`t like Portugal, so this was great.

It has sofar been a great cup for the "little" teams....they are really surprising.....USA, Turkey (should have won), Senegal, Korea, Japan (Should have won too...sorry yerssot wink and South Africa!

Ushgarak
Except Saudi Arabia. Maybe all the other little team's bad bits drained into them

yerssot
and I will keep saying this: Sonck had to get a penalty!

Ushgarak
You can hardly say Japan got all they deserved though yerss, can you?

Palanfirith
If Japan had a little bit more experience they would make a good show at WC2002

yerssot
well, we didn't played at our best!
Have you seen our defence? because if so, you're the only one! It had more holes then swiss cheese!

Ushgarak
Well, France, England, Germany and Sweden haven't been at their best either. I'm rather hoping we all all warm up. Except for Germany; if they crash out after an 8-nil start it will make every Englishman's day.

yerssot

Palanfirith
I only saw the first half of that game because I had to go to school.
What did Rivaldo do ?acted a penalty ?

yerssot
a Turk kicked the ball to him (ok, a bit hard) and Rivaldo got it in his side, he fell and faked it hit him in the head!!

Ushgarak
It was certainly a nasty foul but it was just the way he clutched his head in a "OOH! He broke my nose!" sort of way when he had obviously been hit in the chest.

Palanfirith
his nerves acted wrong big grin

yerssot
how come he didn't got a suspension?

Palanfirith
His Rivaldo,and probably the team needs him.
So.....it's better to bribe a referee than to play without him

Corran
It was disgraceful, the player kicking the ball to him got sent off too, that decision should be overturned.

mah
well whaddya know, becksy gave england a surprising win

queeq
YAYYYY!!!!

Ushgarak
What do you know? England and Sweden DID both improve! Welcome to third place in your group, Argentina! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

We're rather happy, here.

yerssot
well, have to look at the game though, but I hate the idea of England winning big grin

finti
In football England rules

Palanfirith
Too bad Nigeria lost... sad
They gave their best.....died on the fieldbig grin.........but nothing.

yerssot
they still looked alife to me

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>