American Music Dead??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I haven't bought a CD in 8 years, American music is dead.
Hip Hop is unoriginal and bland & hopefully on it's last leg. Rock is cliche emo garbage and marketed to 16 year old fat girls. There is no blues anymore, no southern rock, no American party rock.

Do you think American music will ever take back it's place as #1, or is American music officially dead?

Alpha Centauri
I think you're the reason "music" is "dead".

People downloading and not buying is the "music" is "dead".

I say that because it's not actually dead, you're just lazy.

-AC

jerlark386
Are you much of a music fan, long pig?

From your posts so far it seems you believe

Dreams mean nothing.
American music is dead.

I mean not that I'm saying you're an anti-music, anti-creativity person but this does'nt mix well.

I don't think music american or otherwise will ever die.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by long pig
I haven't bought a CD in 8 years, American music is dead.
Hip Hop is unoriginal and bland & hopefully on it's last leg. Rock is cliche emo garbage and marketed to 16 year old fat girls. There is no blues anymore, no southern rock, no American party rock.

Do you think American music will ever take back it's place as #1, or is American music officially dead?

On one hand you're saying that it's all unoriginal bullshit, then you're saying that there needs to be "American party rock" aka Nickelback.

There are plenty of "mainstream" rock bands out that are damn excellent. Always has been. The best bands aren't often there, but some are.

If you don't seek out new music you have no right to complain really.

-AC

Lana
Why don't you actually try to go out and LOOK for good music instead of waiting for it to be handed to you? You'll be mildly surprised by what you find.

StinkFist462
stop watching MTV

eggmayo
Tool.

Tengu Man
first dont say hip-hop is unoriginal and rock is cliche when you havent heard all of the rock songs or all of the hip-hop songs. if you would stop watching MTV maybe you wouldnt feel that way. Underground rap is wonderful music with a perfect blend of lyrics and great beats, the same with rock, good lyrics and nice musical talent, Emo i have no comment, but you have to look for it big guy. you will never find truly great music on TV.

i say this all the time: Some people wil never see past whats in front of them.
and i think im right most of the time.

tabby999
lazy people wont find good new music, say American musics dead, well done, keep it up. unless you go looking for your music, you wont find anything new.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by long pig
Hip Hop is unoriginal and bland & hopefully on it's last leg.

laughing out loud Funny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.