Movies vs TV Show DVDs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
I gotta say, though they don't pay me to say this, I LOVE NETFLIX!!!

For the past year, I have been renting off of netflix many a dvd, mostly television series that include, in order of my own interest: 24, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Smallville, Entourage, Deadwood, Alias, and The Wire.

The thing I love about these shows on DVD is that, first and foremost, there are no commercials. Second, you can watch one episode, then the next, without having to wait an entire week for it to premiere. Third, each season of each series is like a long asss movie in itself, especially since there are no commercials. I remember finishing watching the first three seasons of '24' on dvd. I finally caught up, so I watched the first episode of the fourth season on television. I could seriously not handle the commercials so much that I decided to quit watching it on tv and wait for it to come out on dvd.

WORD.

Mandorallen
DVD forum?

Netflix is neat, But I prefer to buy my things.

Wolfie
TV shows on DVD has surely become a revolution. Hardly any shows ever came on VHS, and if they did, they were a few episodes. Now, we can all expect our favorites at our local video store.

I tend to buy cancelled shows that don't air anymore (Clerks, The Critic, Greg the Bunny, Red Dwarf, and Titus) and shows that come on at times and channels I will never catch (Ren & Stimpy, Invader Zim).

I have the first couple seasons of The Simpsons, used to have quite a few Friends sets. Then I figured, there are so many seasons of both of those and that's a crapload of money for shows that still air on a daily basis. That's why I don't own some of my favorite shows such as That '70s Show and Married with Children.

jakob_says
Netflix is awesome and it's fun to watch places like Blockbuster rush to compete with this innovative revolution.

tabby999
only TV shows i've bought are Black Books, Futurama and Family Guy, but i want to get in on The Simpsons and Clerks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.