The Best Batsuit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheQuincy
Which suit do you think was the best suit. Not just from the movies, but from the cartoons and the comics. Mine is a toss-up from the original batman suit. With the longer ears. And I also like the suit from the justice league. Movie wise, I'd say batman begins, but it was too futuristic for a suit thats supposed to be the oldest one. They should have made it more bland I guess. All and all each suit is a good suit. Except the suits that Kilmer and Clooney sported. What's with the silver?????

Canadadude
I always liked the look of Batman in the WB animated series.

Renegade-agent
Yeah the one from the justice league cartoon with the longer ears rocks,i also like terry's batsuit from batman of the future,although my fave has to be the snowbat suit from "The Batman" Series,that rockz.

Blair Wind
the batman beyond costume...I mean it was just cool

never really liked the old costumes, i mean BLUE and YELLOW? when your supposed to be a stalking, sneaking type character??

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Canadadude
I always liked the look of Batman in the WB animated series.

yeah same here.

Silverstein
-Batman Begins batsuit was amazing, reallistic, has purpose and seems plausible...futuristic but cool(cape). I thought Kilmer's batsuit wasnt terrible
-i didnt like keatons because it was just a muscle intimidation thing: which is what clooney's was too. A rubber muscle suit. except that clooney's had rubber nipples.

stunna1773
the batman beyond suit

braz
yea...i gotta agree...the batman begins suit was ****ing amazing IMO....i was just like dayum that was too cool....and most of u already know this cuz i made a thread about the begins suit in this forum a few months back...but neways, i dont know its just something about it, it was so high-tech and realistic and not just something created just to be a "Bat suit". No, it served a purpose before for advanced infantry and could stop virtually anything including flames,kniives, bullets(except for point blank shots), punches..u name it and Bruce got a hold of it from Wayne Enterprises n spray-painted it matte black..i also like how the gauntlets fit into the picture in this movie too and made it believable, with the blades on his forearms or w/e.....after being there for years, they finally made it believable according to the fact that they were defense mechanisms for the League of Shadows ninjas in sword-fighting....and he just took em' from the Himalayas back home and added it to the suit!....

Silverstein
Originally posted by braz
yea...i gotta agree...the batman begins suit was ****ing amazing IMO....i was just like dayum that was too cool....and most of u already know this cuz i made a thread about the begins suit in this forum a few months back...but neways, i dont know its just something about it, it was so high-tech and realistic and not just something created just to be a "Bat suit". No, it served a purpose before for advanced infantry and could stop virtually anything including flames,kniives, bullets(except for point blank shots), punches..u name it and Bruce got a hold of it from Wayne Enterprises n spray-painted it matte black..i also like how the gauntlets fit into the picture in this movie too and made it believable, with the blades on his forearms or w/e.....after being there for years, they finally made it believable according to the fact that they were defense mechanisms for the League of Shadows ninjas in sword-fighting....and he just took em' from the Himalayas back home and added it to the suit!....

its just the fact that the BB suit had a purpose, it wasnt just a suit.

check out this pic: couldnt get kilmers suit tho

crimsonphoenix
oooo rubber nipples.... naughty

TMACalicious
Begins batsuit, then Keaton's 2nd batsuit.

pmike
i didnt like the begins 1 that much,it should of had the yellow bat emblem on the front which is batmans first costume,my fav would hav to be keatons because,well i guess i just like the yellow emblemerm

Lord Shadow Z
Keatons suit. It just looks more dynamic than the rest. Don't really like the Begins suit too much because however "real" its portrayed it looks too segmented and it doesn't have the yellow signal (which served a reasonable purpose in the comics).

sevenman
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
oooo rubber nipples.... naughty OH GOD NO

Ultimate Hulk43
The batsuit from Batman Begins is my favorite.

sevenman
Too bland? It's supposed to be his only suit and the one he wears forever. Changing suits ****ing sucks shitmaker.

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Keatons suit. It just looks more dynamic than the rest. Don't really like the Begins suit too much because however "real" its portrayed it looks too segmented and it doesn't have the yellow signal (which served a reasonable purpose in the comics). "Reasonable Purpose"?

Originally posted by Silverstein
-Batman Begins batsuit was amazing, reallistic, has purpose and seems plausible...futuristic but cool(cape). I thought Kilmer's batsuit wasnt terrible
-i didnt like keatons because it was just a muscle intimidation thing: which is what clooney's was too. A rubber muscle suit. except that clooney's had rubber nipples. What's wrong with futuristic? It's coo. Val Kilmer's suit had the same problem. Batman Begin's suit had fake muscles on it too as a matter of fact. When I was little I thought that the muscles on the batsuit were Bruce Wayne's real muscles and that they could actually stop bullets but they cost a million billion dollars and only work well in a team of one. The Batman Anthology was hard to bare.

They should have a REAL man in a REAL batsuit with REAL ****ing muscles man. Like BATMAN DEAD END except with a cowl you can just put on realisticly instead of the hour-in-makeup "Emotions" mask. I like the first, original, Detective Comics #27, THE BAT MAN CREATED BY BOB KANE AND BILL FINGER batsuit best of all.

Silverstein
Originally posted by sevenman
Too bland? It's supposed to be his only suit and the one he wears forever. Changing suits ****ing sucks shitmaker.

"Reasonable Purpose"?

What's wrong with futuristic? It's coo. Val Kilmer's suit had the same problem. Batman Begin's suit had fake muscles on it too as a matter of fact. When I was little I thought that the muscles on the batsuit were Bruce Wayne's real muscles and that they could actually stop bullets but they cost a million billion dollars and only work well in a team of one. The Batman Anthology was hard to bare.

They should have a REAL man in a REAL batsuit with REAL ****ing muscles man. Like BATMAN DEAD END except with a cowl you can just put on realisticly instead of the hour-in-makeup "Emotions" mask. I like the first, original, Detective Comics #27, THE BAT MAN CREATED BY BOB KANE AND BILL FINGER batsuit best of all.

nothing is wrong with futuristic. and your all of you that like keatons batsuit, its a muscle suit just like clooneys, except theres no rubber nipples, and there is a yellow emblem on the front.

sevenman
Val Kilmer's suit had the same problem. Batman Begin's suit had fake muscles on it too as a matter of fact. When I was little I thought that the muscles on the batsuit were Bruce Wayne's real muscles and that they could actually stop bullets but they cost a million billion dollars and only work well in a team of one. The Batman Anthology was hard to bare.

Ultimate Hulk43

"Reasonable Purpose"?

What's wrong with futuristic? It's coo. Val Kilmer's suit had the same problem. Batman Begin's suit had fake muscles on it too as a matter of fact. When I was little I thought that the muscles on the batsuit were Bruce Wayne's real muscles and that they could actually stop bullets but they cost a million billion dollars and only work well in a team of one. The Batman Anthology was hard to bare.

The Batman Begins suit wasn't a muscle suit.Take a good look at Christian Bale without a shirt and you'll see how big his muscles are,there's no way that was a muscle suit.

Lord Shadow Z
"Reasonable Purpose"?

Yes, to attract enemy fire towards the chest where... wait for it... was bulletproof armour! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Admittedly stupid idea really since an all-round kelvar suit is more appropiate but, hey, can't be perfect.

sevenman
That's what YOU think.

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
The Batman Begins suit wasn't a muscle suit.Take a good look at Christian Bale without a shirt and you'll see how big his muscles are,there's no way that was a muscle suit. Same thing with Michael Keaton.

botcherby
Batman Beyond suit rocked
also the Bat suit back in the day where he fought vampires and "true evil", the one with the really long ears, that bat was lean big grin

I didn't however like the superbatsuit from As the Crow Flies, with that super scarecrow, I fought it was a cop out of a dramatic final fight

SidDManiac
I believe the best one was def the snow suit in The Batman. Shit is sexy
Second is the Beyond suit.
Third going to the JLU batsuit!

Etrigan
Clooney's sucked because of the nipples. Keaton's had fake muscle things, whcih made him look dumb. Bale's one was really good. It looked cool.

I like the long-eared blue caped Batman in the comics, but the ones where he is completely deeply shrouded in black make him look kind of stupid.

Mr Parker
gotta go with the batman begins suit.

Jokerinthedeck
The Batman Beyond suit is the best, but I'm also a big fan of the Justice
League virsion.

Keaton's virsion sucked because he can't move his head.

braz
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
The Batman Begins suit wasn't a muscle suit.Take a good look at Christian Bale without a shirt and you'll see how big his muscles are,there's no way that was a muscle suit.

^exactly what i was thinking, those werent fake muscles on the batsuit, christian bale is freakin buff, and the actual batsuit for making the movie they did a caste mold of his whole entire body and shaped it from there

xkalybr
Batman Begins suit rocks!!! Every piece had a purpose and made sense.

Best of all was that it had NO NIPPLES!!!!!!

Cascador
Batman Begins suit was the best. Like they say, no fake muscles (altho the one of Batman returns also didn't have fake ones) no nipples, really looked cool...one thing bugged me tho and that was the mask. great that he can move his head altho that didn't bug me in the other movies, it gave a different fighting style to movie. But I didn't like the horns of his mask in Batman Begins. They should have been longer, not too long tho...

Holer
I think that the smaller bat-ears (in Begins) are more realistic to a bat and kewl!!! Its more....."robust" that way.
The suit kicks ass, though it is so perfect, that i dont see any improvements, or new gadgets coming. It is too complete to be his first one. Though changing suits, batmobile, cave and actor in every god-damn movie sucks! SO GO NOLAN!!!
However, they should fix the cowl's cheeks. They are too big and his face looks like a pear.
And finally, leave the bat emblem as it is. If you want to scare people, you dont have a stupid yellow emblem or your chest. You need to look like a monster (why he leaves his mouth uncovered is another issue). And besides...the Begins one is good. The whole suit looks better that way.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Holer
I think that the smaller bat-ears (in Begins) are more realistic to a bat and kewl!!! Its more....."robust" that way.
The suit kicks ass, though it is so perfect, that i dont see any improvements, or new gadgets coming. It is too complete to be his first one. Though changing suits, batmobile, cave and actor in every god-damn movie sucks! SO GO NOLAN!!!
However, they should fix the cowl's cheeks. They are too big and his face looks like a pear.
And finally, leave the bat emblem as it is. If you want to scare people, you dont have a stupid yellow emblem or your chest. You need to look like a monster (why he leaves his mouth uncovered is another issue). And besides...the Begins one is good. The whole suit looks better that way.

Dude, its batman!! Of course he will have new gadgets!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you though totally. The other ones were so... unrealistic. You could never imagine a real Batman wearing those other suits.
The yellow on the suit just contradicts the perpous of the look. It's not scary at all!!! Its kinda, in fact, welcoming. I say stay black, batman!! Deal with the mask though...

LORDSIDIOUS01
So many choices. From the comics I'd say The Az-Bat costume. From the cartonns must be from the Justice League. From the movies 1st. Batman Begins 2nd. from Batman Forever.

homer2.0
yeah i would agree the justice league one is probably the best.
but it also lacks some other stuff

Kinneary
That's what YOU think.
The Dark Knight Returns, page 51.

"-- Magnum load -- has to be -- hits me like a freight train -- the plate holds. Why do you think I wear a target on my chest -- can't armor my head--"

The yellow bat on his chest is a target for enemies to shoot at, so they shoot at the part of him that's armored.

jedi90
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
its just the fact that the BB suit had a purpose, it wasnt just a suit.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5267555

check out this pic: couldnt get kilmers suit tho

lol, you guys actually saw a difference in all 3 of these black rubber muscle suits. bale's batman could turn his neck, but barely. everyone is still biting off burton's original batsuit design. oh and kevlar is may stop a bullet but trust me, you still feel it.

DarkDethbringer
no movie has done it well yet. but the animated seriess look great. not Justice League its kinda ridiculuss in that sense, but the basic design is best

Bat Dude
Well, from an artistic standpoint, I have to go with the Batman Returns suit, because it just looked kool, and I'm a fan of the "all black with yellow emblem" suits....

But from a "what I would want to use to fight crime" standpoint, probably the Batman Beyond suit, as it had so many different gadgets built in, like an invisibility mode...

But from a classic standpoint, probably the Detective #27 suit, because it was the original and it looked creative for its time...

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Kinneary
The Dark Knight Returns, page 51.

"-- Magnum load -- has to be -- hits me like a freight train -- the plate holds. Why do you think I wear a target on my chest -- can't armor my head--"

The yellow bat on his chest is a target for enemies to shoot at, so they shoot at the part of him that's armored. Agreed.

It's kind of like the Punisher. The kevlar skull is what attracts enemy fire away from the vital, unprotected parts.

I loved the Returns suit. The Beyond suit is probably the coolest, though, but I really like the JL suit.

The only suits I don't like are Clooney's and Kilmer's.

Darth Macabre
Batman Beyond's suit was sick, of course. Then the Batsuit the Batman from the Justice Lords wore was pretty cool. But the best batsuit in "real life" was definitely Batman Begins.

SnakeEyes
Batman Begins, definitely.

I mean, seriously, I think people should just accept that BB was the best in nearly every field (in terms of the films).

amity75
Batman Begins suit with Batman Returns cowl would be just perfect.

Il.Mozalini
anything without nipples.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Best batsuit is Batman Begins followed by Keaton's suit.

Darth Martin
Comics: Hush Storyline

Movies: Batman Begins(although I'd want a fully stocked utility belt not just 4 pouches).

Cartoons: Batman Beyond- had jetboots(why don't they just let Batman have jetboots in his suit in the comics yet). Just needed a longer cape like BB.

Darth Martin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This will turn out to be the best Batsuit.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21042

TH3 D4RK KN!GH7
I love the Begins one mainly because of the cowl and the sophistication in its design. The new one looks even better, but it may be a tad too high tech in design. The cowl was amazing it gave him emotion and made him a tad more intimidating.

ragesRemorse
batman begins was the most militant, the one in burtons movie was probably the most visually pleasing. However, like ultimate hulk said the batman begins suit wasnt a muscle suit. I appreciated that aspect very much, so for that id go with the begins suit, however the dark knight suit is shaping up to be the best so far

ADarksideJedi
They all look the same to me in the 90s batman cartoons.jm

Scarecrow756
Here are my favorite Batsuits from each media that Batman has been in.

Comics
The Batsuit from Frank Miller`s The Dark Knight Returns and the Batsuit from Hush.

Films
The Batsuit from Batman Returns and the Batsuit from Batman Begins.

Cartoons
The Batsuit from Batman: TAS and the Batsuit from Batman Beyond The Return of The Joker (Bruce Wayne`s Grey Batman suit from flashback and not the Batman Beyond batsuit)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Here are my favorite Batsuits from each media that Batman has been in.

Comics
The Batsuit from Frank Miller`s The Dark Knight Returns and the Batsuit from Hush.

Films
The Batsuit from Batman Returns and the Batsuit from Batman Begins.

Cartoons
The Batsuit from Batman: TAS and the Batsuit from Batman Beyond The Return of The Joker (Bruce Wayne`s Grey Batman suit from flashback and not the Batman Beyond batsuit)

Interesting.

SelinaAndBruce
My favorite is the Returns suit. Though I have enjoyed most of them minus the nippled ones and the blue and yellow ones

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
My favorite is the Returns suit. Though I have enjoyed most of them minus the nippled ones and the blue and yellow ones

Hi, How are4 you today? What do you think of the new Batsuit from The Dark Knight?

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hi, How are4 you today? What do you think of the new Batsuit from The Dark Knight?
I'm fine! Thanks for asking! Honestly upon first viewing I am not thrilled with the new Batsuit. In a word to me its ugly but I am open minded and I suppose with proper lighting and in the context of the movie it might not look as horrid as it did in the press release to me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm fine! Thanks for asking! Honestly upon first viewing I am not thrilled with the new Batsuit. In a word to me its ugly but I am open minded and I suppose with proper lighting and in the context of the movie it might not look as horrid as it did in the press release to me.

What else do you like?

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
What else do you like?
About the Batsuits? Or in general?

Locard
From comics
the Batsuit-armour he used against the Predator in their first encounter

Films
The Batsuit from Batman Batman Begins.

Nothing with nipples on it, did you hear schumacher?mad

DARKLORDCAEDUS
About the Batsuits? Or in general?

In general?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.