Most respected SW character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tru_Slice
We'll be dueling forever in the VS. forums...

Simply put, who do you think is the most respected, most liked SW character?

Great Vengeance
Old Ben...

You dont get more badass

Great Vengeance
http://www.geocities.com/rickll68/Ben-Kenobi-Old-LG.JPG

Deus Ex
Obi-Wan, though he's damn close to Yoda.

Escape81
Obi-Wan #1. Yoda is a close #2. Tyranus for #3.

Sidious, Vader, and Skywalker are DETESTED around here.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Escape81
Obi-Wan #1. Yoda is a close #2. Tyranus for #3.

Sidious, Vader, and Skywalker are DETESTED around here.

Precisely

Deus Ex
They are detested because of the rabid fanboys each used to have who PLAGUED KMC. Personally, I like them all.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Deus Ex
They are detested because of the rabid fanboys each used to have who PLAGUED KMC. Personally, I like them all.

OMG your actually saying you like sidious? I thought id never see the day...

Deus Ex
Always have liked him. But when the pre-ROTS rush of moronic fanboys came out saying Sidious and Anakin could and would pwn all it was tiring. Top that off with Darth Somebody arguing semantics trying to put Sidious a level higher than he really is was also tiresome.

I also detest KOTOR obsession and fanboyism, and I like KOTOR. It's possible.

Master Muno
I am a KOTOR fanboy so don't destest that because it is a great game. Yoda is the most respected hands down.

SnakeEyes
Most respected in the Star Wars Universe: probably Yoda

Most respected by the fans: Yoda again, Old Ben and Han...

DiamondBullets
If Boba Fett and Darth Maul both survived via EU, then I'm pretty sure some author will find a way for Mace Windu to live.

Dan Skywalker
Most Respected: Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi

PRINCE XIZOR
hyperspace inventors, and sienar fleet systems

Darth Orcus
Most respected? Basically anyone with a lightsaber that works! (Well, would you argue?).

Regarding the comments above decrying Darth Sidious - one must remember that that identity was only one facet of his personage. As Senator (later Chancellor) Palpatine he commanded great respect from all who knew him as one of the Republic's finest statesman and the champion of democracy.

Personally he's me favourite so instantly gets respect from me. With my guidance he could go far...

Twilight Janick
Those who have a lightsaber (except Sidious) for me. Palpatine, as an ordinary statesman, I agree.

Prince Nauj
Yoda happy

truejedi
Yoda gets the respect he deserves, but to me anyway, Vader and Mace are close, Vader because he is the greatest villian of all time, to the point that you hate to see him lose to some kid half his age, and Mace because, i don't know, i think i would like to see all the Jedi having his attitude.

commander gree
i voted on Jango Fett and Boba Fett

jollyjim311
Anyone with a big fanboy following also has people that hate them because of the fanboys. I am a Sidious fan, but he obviously doesn't get respected. I don't like Yoda as much sinse Ep. 2 came out. I realize they had to show him kick butt, but I like the little part of Yoda that steals Luke's food and light, and hits artoo with a stick. He was the coolest guy ever. What I am trying to say is that Yoda used to have alot of quiet respect to him, but now people just say he would "pwn" everyone (I realize he would, but, people act differently about him).

Back on topic, whenever I think of old Obi Wan as General Kenobi I think he is so cool. Him and Han (everyone loves Han)are probably the most respected along with Yoda, but it's a new respect, one that I don't like.

Borbarad
Hmmm...well...

Good guys:
I would think Yoda is the most respected Jedi because he has everything that you can like. He has power, wisdom, great fighting abilities but still he can always make fun out of anything including himself (most obvious in ESB but he still does things like that in the PT - for example when Obi-Wan is searching for Kamino).

Obi-Wan himself follows as a close second - he simply is "the badass".

Bad guys:
Dooku easily. He has everything a bad guy should have. Intelligence, power, great fighting abilities, arrogance and of course Christopher Lee did a great job with the character.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Always have liked him. But when the pre-ROTS rush of moronic fanboys came out saying Sidious and Anakin could and would pwn all it was tiring. Top that off with Darth Somebody arguing semantics trying to put Sidious a level higher than he really is was also tiresome.

I also detest KOTOR obsession and fanboyism, and I like KOTOR. It's possible. Hear Hear!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Borbarad
Hmmm...well...

Good guys:
I would think Yoda is the most respected Jedi because he has everything that you can like. He has power, wisdom, great fighting abilities but still he can always make fun out of anything including himself (most obvious in ESB but he still does things like that in the PT - for example when Obi-Wan is searching for Kamino).

Obi-Wan himself follows as a close second - he simply is "the badass".

Bad guys:
Dooku easily. He has everything a bad guy should have. Intelligence, power, great fighting abilities, arrogance and of course Christopher Lee did a great job with the character.

I get the impression most of the fans dont respect dooku...I mean you cant blame them after you see dooku get his ass handed to him twice and then die a pathetic death. The most respected bad guy has to be vader, even people who have never seen star wars recognize him due to his iconic status.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
I get the impression most of the fans dont respect dooku...I mean you cant blame them after you see dooku get his ass handed to him twice and then die a pathetic death. The most respected bad guy has to be vader, even people who have never seen star wars recognize him due to his iconic status.

Vader was an icon of evilness from the impression that most people (including myself) had from the OT. He was pure evil...force choking people, killing people here and there, cutting his own sons hand off and so on...Basically he did strike fear in the hearts of his opponents.

But now after the PT that picture has changed - at least for myself because of Anakin. Come on...I always thought of Vader going dark because he's just that evil, he wanted power or something like that. And why did he do it: Because he wanted to save his big love from death. How pathetic. The entire story of Anakin is somehow stupid...the love for his mother, for Padme. His naive confidence in Sidious as well as his naive view on certain things (thinking he should powerful enough to save the life of every single being in the galaxy).

By any means the PT has pretty much destroyed the image of Vader being the ultimate evil and therefore his "icon" status. I still like OT Vader as a character but I have lost very much respect for him because of the PT.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Borbarad
Vader was an icon of evilness from the impression that most people (including myself) had from the OT. He was pure evil...force choking people, killing people here and there, cutting his own sons hand off and so on...Basically he did strike fear in the hearts of his opponents.

But now after the PT that picture has changed - at least for myself because of Anakin. Come on...I always thought of Vader going dark because he's just that evil, he wanted power or something like that. And why did he do it: Because he wanted to save his big love from death. How pathetic. The entire story of Anakin is somehow stupid...the love for his mother, for Padme. His naive confidence in Sidious as well as his naive view on certain things (thinking he should powerful enough to save the life of every single being in the galaxy).

By any means the PT has pretty much destroyed the image of Vader being the ultimate evil and therefore his "icon" status. I still like OT Vader as a character but I have lost very much respect for him because of the PT.

I tend to just look at the PT as a bad dream.

Tru_Slice
Han Solo?

C'mon guys, he made the Kessel run, shot in cold blood, and is a hero in the galaxy.

All the while with his famous wink and grin.

Escape81
Well, I disagree.

Dooku is the more respected villain. Because, in truth, he wasn't truly evil. Misguided and used. A pawn.

Sidious is THE most evil person in Star Wars. And he has everything a villain should. If he can manipulate Leia, Luke, Dooku, and Yoda, and worm his way up the hierarchy to effectively reign over his order's greatest enemy, and then destroy its government and his opposition, as well as raise the most powerful empire in the galaxy's history, I'd pit him against ANY Star Wars villain or ANY villain in media.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Escape81
Well, I disagree.

Dooku is the more respected villain. Because, in truth, he wasn't truly evil. Misguided and used. A pawn.

Sidious is THE most evil person in Star Wars. And he has everything a villain should. If he can manipulate Leia, Luke, Dooku, and Yoda, and worm his way up the hierarchy to effectively reign over his order's greatest enemy, and then destroy its government and his opposition, as well as raise the most powerful empire in the galaxy's history, I'd pit him against ANY Star Wars villain or ANY villain in media.

I dont understand...

Wouldnt sidious be more respected being that like you said he was obviously more evil and overall a better villian?

overlord
I think I am the most respected character.

39% of the people hold Yoda in high regard, 24% Sidious, 32% Count Dooku, 30% Darth Vader, 37% Obi Wan Kenobi, 12% Luke Skywalker and 67% Overlord.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.