Best song from a movie soundtrack?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Criteria is:

Has to be by a band. Eg: Burn by Nine Inch Nails from the Natural Born Killers soundtrack.

A song done specifically by the band, away from their albums.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Any of Seu Jorge's Bowie tunes - sung in Portugese - from 'The Life Aquatic' soundtrack. They are all absolute gems.

tabby999
i dont know if its "made for a movie" or not, but Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want by Muse off Not Another Teen Movie (not an awsome movie but i love the song)

Alpha Centauri
It's a cover of a song by The Smiths.

-AC

StinkFist462
Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

i doubt i can think of anything better.

Alpha Centauri
I was gonna go with The End is the Beginning is the End by The Smashing Pumpkins.

-AC

jerlark386
Dick Dale and his Del Tones - Misirlou from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Any of Seu Jorge's Bowie tunes - sung in Portugese - from 'The Life Aquatic' soundtrack. They are all absolute gems.

Oh man, i love those covers. Too bad i can't say the same for his solo album. He needs to make an album with just him and his guitar.

"Opening Theme" in Ghost Dog was produced by RZA specifically for the movie. I know he's not a band but it's still original and it's still an awesome opening theme.

BTW There's two version of the soundtrack: the original instrumental score and an album with lyrics over some of the beats. And the opening theme is also called "Raise Your Swords"

Phat J
that songs called samurai showdown, its my favourite rza track. its such a dope beat, i listened to that song so much it burnt me out on reason for like 2 months.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The whole soundtrack to 'Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai' is great. It's a cool movie, too.

Susan-Storm
Die for you smile i love that song-Fantastic Four

The Highlord
Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi, its on the soundtrack for the movie Rockstar

DarkC
The Fields of the Pelennor, from ROTK.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Highlord
Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi, its on the soundtrack for the movie Rockstar

A song specifically wrote for the movie, is the criteria.

-AC

Deathblow
Originally posted by jerlark386
Dick Dale and his Del Tones - Misirlou from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack

Nah that's a really old song, written way before Pulp.

Darth Revan
Indeed. Actually, I think it's a Jewish folk song that Dick Dale did.

NIN- The Perfect Drug
Rage- No Shelter

edwinian
L7=shitlist=natural born killers soundtrack.

de La Soul feat. Teenage Fanclub-Fallin'-judgement night sndtrk

Naughty by Nature-Uptown Anthem-Juice sndtrk

knight
Queen - A Kind of Magic (Highlander: Credits)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's a cover of a song by The Smiths.

-AC

Yeh, but was it a cover just for that movie? Because it is quite good.

The Highlord
oh didint know you ment that AC sorry, I just read the thread name and went on writing the post, should have read your first post, my bad, well then id have to say Livin' The Life by Steel Dragon in the movie Rock Star, and Burning Heart by Survivor in Rocky 4, and the Dragonheart themesong called To The Stars, along with another theme song, this one was for Top Gun, played marvellously by the great Steve Stevens who was infact the guitar player in Billy Idol!

jaden101
i would like to say "accidently in love" by counting crows for shrek 2...but the song was actually pretty dire...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.