The Brothers vs. DC +MC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mordum
The borthers against all of dc and marvel comics. Everyone is invited the phoenix,eternity,death,celestials,galactus,the opposite force of the phoenix(forgot its name),etc...

spetznaz
Well, it seemed in the crossover that The Brothers made both the Spectre and the Living Tribunal appear totally insignificant. Consequently there is little more than the characters listed above could do. They may be powerful, but if The Brothers made the Spectre and the Living Tribunal seem like ants then you have to wonder what really folk like Galactus, the Celestials, and even the Phoenix Force could do.

Mordum
thats what im saying. The brother could crush the spectre and tribunal if they wanted to.

GalacticStorm
Unfortunately guys the brothers got retconned in issue 12 of X-men adventures which Marvel made canon.

LT held the brothers in his hand like insects.

So there you have it. LT or Phoenix would wreck both of the brothers im afraid.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Unfortunately guys the brothers got retconned in issue 12 of X-men adventures which Marvel made canon.

X men adventures was not canon it was a kiddy X book as I recall. smile as I remember - If Marvel made it canon Superman beats huld and darkseid beats Thanos, the omega force melts the surfer cooooool smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
X men adventures was not canon it was a kiddy X book as I recall.

It was a kiddy book however issue 12 was made canon unbeknownst to you it seems. Its events have been detailed in the pages of the official handbooks. smile

Whurlysplat
It was a kiddy book however issue 12 was made canon unbeknownst to you it seems. Its events have been detailed in the pages of the official handbooks. smile

then the events of the crssover are also canon smile

GalacticStorm
X men adventures was not canon it was a kiddy X book as I recall. smile as I remember - If Marvel made it canon Superman beats huld and darkseid beats Thanos, the omega force melts the surfer cooooool smile

Not characters i particularly care about so im not fussed. big grin

GalacticStorm
then the events of the crssover are also canon smile

Yep Wonderwoman loses to Storm (my fave character!!!) and Wolverine wrecks Lobo. smile Cool. smile

Whurlysplat
Yep Wonderwoman loses to Storm (my fave character!!!) and Wolverine wrecks Lobo. smile Cool. smile Not characters I care - about excet Lobo, but I take the Omega force melting Surfer and Darkseid beating up Thanos - think about what that means for superman smile

GalacticStorm
Not characters I care - about excet Lobo, but I take the Omega force melting Surfer and Darkseid beating up Thanos - think about what that means for superman smile

Couldnt care less to be honest smile

Whurlysplat
Couldnt care less to be honest smile

So you think Marvel/DC is canon?

ZephroCarnelian
Whirly - you've changed your bloody handle again???

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Whirly - you've changed your bloody handle again???

Indeed I have Zeph - I was Princess Diana for a while but it offended people so I changed it smile

GalacticStorm
So you think Marvel/DC is canon?

It is canon i have proof as well. Be nice and i'll consider sharing. big grin

leonheartmm
btw the evil bastard thing doesnt suit u whirly.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by leonheartmm
btw the evil bastard thing doesnt suit u whirly.

doesn't it smile I think some would disagree but what do you suggest Leon my friend smile

Whurlysplat
It is canon i have proof as well. Be nice and i'll consider sharing. big grin

no need to share I will reference you in all Superman threads from now on when I bring it up an quote thes posts smile

GalacticStorm
no need to share I will reference you in all Superman threads from now on when I bring it up an quote thes posts smile

Hearsay is not sufficient evidence im afraid. sad You'll be ignored and rightly so. smile

Whurlysplat
Hearsay is not sufficient evidence im afraid. sad You'll be ignored and rightly so. smile

depends how I do it smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5269963#post5269963

Keep the faithsmile

still a bast,ard rock

GalacticStorm
depends how I do it smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5269963#post5269963

Keep the faithsmile

still a bast,ard rock

Ineffective. smile Good try though. smile

Still a b*stard true enough but there are varying degrees.

Im off the scale. eek!

spetznaz

How did that happen when in the DC/Marvel thing The Brothers were so powerful that not even the COMBINED EFFORTS of the Living Tribunal and Spectre could sway them? Yet now you are telling me that LT solo was holding the brothers in his hand. That is quite interesting, and if true the most significant piece of PIS ever.
How did the Brothers go from making the LT and Spectre insignificant to being owned by the LT?

Here are the diret quotes of the Spectre, and of the Living Tribunal, when they first come up against the Brothers:

Living Tribunal: "The cosmic balance tilts .....and for the first time, I cannot right it. But what could exist that is mighty enough to thwart the will .....of the Living Tribunal?"

Spectre: "What transpires here? The universe itself ripples with distrubance. I sense the workings of forces I have never encountered, powers which make me inconsequential by comparison. Events set in motion that not even The Spectre can stop."

Another part has Captain America lookin up and wondering what the specks on the swords of the Brothers are, to which the reply is The SPectre and the Living Tribunal, and the two (together) were having no effect on the Brothers.
And on another part the two are watching the Brothers fight against each other, and it states:
'Power is unleashed that none have ever witnessed ....and the Spectre and Living Tribunal are awed!

So now you want to tell me that somehow Marvel underpowered the Brothers to the point where the Living Tribunal, who was virtually powerless before them, can now HOLD THEM IN HIS HAND?!?!

I'd love to know how that happened because that must be quite a story on Marvel's part ( if so I think they just did not want anyone having that much power beyond the LT).

Anyways, interesting.
Particularly the retcon, if it is as you say. That has to be the greatest de-powering of any character in comics. Even more than what DCdid to Pre-Crisis Superman. Because, if what you posted is how it is, the Brothers have gone from people who fling about worlds like putty and merge universes on whims, and make the Living Tribunal and the Spectre be as insects; and now they are being held by the Living Tribunal in his hand when some time before that they did not even pay attention to him since he was ,for lack of a better term, insignificant.

I wonder how Marvel explained that shift? Might you know?
Thanks.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by spetznaz
How did that happen when in the DC/Marvel thing The Brothers were so powerful that not even the COMBINED EFFORTS of the Living Tribunal and Spectre could sway them? Yet now you are telling me that LT solo was holding the brothers in his hand. That is quite interesting, and if true the most significant piece of PIS ever.
How did the Brothers go from making the LT and Spectre insignificant to being owned by the LT?

Here are the diret quotes of the Spectre, and of the Living Tribunal, when they first come up against the Brothers:

Living Tribunal: "The cosmic balance tilts .....and for the first time, I cannot right it. But what could exist that is mighty enough to thwart the will .....of the Living Tribunal?"

Spectre: "What transpires here? The universe itself ripples with distrubance. I sense the workings of forces I have never encountered, powers which make me inconsequential by comparison. Events set in motion that not even The Spectre can stop."

Another part has Captain America lookin up and wondering what the specks on the swords of the Brothers are, to which the reply is The SPectre and the Living Tribunal, and the two (together) were having no effect on the Brothers.
And on another part the two are watching the Brothers fight against each other, and it states:
'Power is unleashed that none have ever witnessed ....and the Spectre and Living Tribunal are awed!

So now you want to tell me that somehow Marvel underpowered the Brothers to the point where the Living Tribunal, who was virtually powerless before them, can now HOLD THEM IN HIS HAND?!?!

I'd love to know how that happened because that must be quite a story on Marvel's part ( if so I think they just did not want anyone having that much power beyond the LT).

Anyways, interesting.
Particularly the retcon, if it is as you say. That has to be the greatest de-powering of any character in comics. Even more than what DCdid to Pre-Crisis Superman. Because, if what you posted is how it is, the Brothers have gone from people who fling about worlds like putty and merge universes on whims, and make the Living Tribunal and the Spectre be as insects; and now they are being held by the Living Tribunal in his hand when some time before that they did not even pay attention to him since he was ,for lack of a better term, insignificant.

I wonder how Marvel explained that shift? Might you know?
Thanks.

It wasnt really explained. In a similar fashion to how Marvel treated the Beyonder retcon. LT and Spectre (who was also in the comic) were just playing along for some unrevealed reason. sad

leonheartmm
doesn't it smile I think some would disagree but what do you suggest Leon my friend smile

hmmmm the old supes one was nice, i dunno, maybe u should make the pic of pheonix losin to magneto ur dp.

or if u dont wanna get banned again, best go with pikachu.

i would have thought of sumthin more interestin if we had a few pic's of gs's grandma.............................. stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
hmmmm the old supes one was nice, i dunno, maybe u should make the pic of pheonix losin to magneto ur dp.

i would have thought of sumthin more interestin if we had a few pic's of gs's grandma.............................. stick out tongue

I hope you dont wonder why you have no credibility round these parts. smile

Whurlysplat

I just fancied a change, who knows what Logo I will use tmz

leonheartmm
I hope you dont wonder why you have no credibility round these parts. smile

u cant take a joke can u, btw do u even have a livin grandma?

RAGE17
you stupid idiots the brothers=TOAA+the presence.....at list before they were retconned......

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, I thought they were supposed to be like the representation of the Marvel and DC universes then decrowned shortly after.

Plus how the hell would Wolverine beat Lobo and Storm beat Wonder Woman?

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, I thought they were supposed to be like the representation of the Marvel and DC universes then decrowned shortly after.

Plus how the hell would Wolverine beat Lobo and Storm beat Wonder Woman?

Ask GS confused he is the retconn emphasis con expert smile

GalacticStorm
The Brothers were retconned. That doesnt make Marvel Vs DC canon smile

Scoobless

when did Darkseid beat Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.