Libby Indicted in CIA Leak Probe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
So Libby has been indicted. Does anyone think they'll have the balls to go after Cheney?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KharmaDog
So Libby has been indicted. Does anyone think they'll have the balls to go after Cheney?

Did Cheney brake the law?

Capt_Fantastic
Is that a rhetorical question?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Did Cheney brake the law?

Libby was charged with 5 counts:
2 Perjury
2 Making false statements
1 Obstruction of Justice

Cheney and Libby withheld crucial documents from the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2004 when the panel was investigating the use of pre-war intelligence that erroneously concluded Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, according to Bush administration and congressional sources.

Libby told Fitzgerald that he first learned Plame's identity from Tim Russert. However, his own notes show that it Dick Cheney who first clued him in about Plame.

Shakyamunison
Libby was charged with 5 counts:
2 Perjury
2 Making false statements
1 Obstruction of Justice

Cheney and Libby withheld crucial documents from the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2004 when the panel was investigating the use of pre-war intelligence that erroneously concluded Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, according to Bush administration and congressional sources.

Libby told Fitzgerald that he first learned Plame's identity from Tim Russert. However, his own notes show that it Dick Cheney who first clued him in about Plame.

How do you know this? I think this is just an opinion. If this was fact, Cheney would be indited today.

KharmaDog
How do you know this? I think this is just an opinion. If this was fact, Cheney would be indited today.

How do I know about this? I read papers, watch the news, read blogs, listen to the radio and pay attention to what people are saying. I doubt Cheney will be indicted. Bush and he have lied numerous times and people seem unwilling to call them on it.

PVS
im disappointed they didnt indict rove.......................yet

PVS
If this was fact, Cheney would be indited today.

yes, because lord knows justice is always served on capital hill roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
How do I know about this? I read papers, watch the news, read blogs, listen to the radio and pay attention to what people are saying. I doubt Cheney will be indicted. Bush and he have lied numerous times and people seem unwilling to call them on it.

So have I. You get back what you put in. I don't believe most of what is in the news because of the hate for Bush. Hate is poison and anyone who hates cannot see the truth. I don't know, you maybe right. This independent prosecutor seems to be more above this hate thing. If someone like Cheney has done a crime, I hope this guy gets him.

KharmaDog
I don't believe most of what is in the news because of the hate for Bush. Hate is poison and anyone who hates cannot see the truth. I don't know, you maybe right.

I suggest looking at news sources from multiple countries and different perspectives. Anyone who takes all their info from one source is likely to be misinformed. As for the media hating Bush, Bush has escaped major scandel because for the first time in a long time the media seems to be afraid of bush. They may make fun of him, but with all the oportunities presented to them, the media have failed to actually pursue stories on Bush as they did with Nixon, Reagan or Clinton.

People say the media hate Bush, I think they are afraid of him, why the hesitancy? As for people who cry about the 'liberal media', I think that falacy was exposed in the liberal media bias thread. (Can anyone find that for me)?

This independent prosecutor seems to be more above this hate thing. If someone like Cheney has done a crime, I hope this guy gets him.

Time will tell, but I believe Libby and Rove will be hung out to dry like Tenet and the head of Fema were.

soleran30
Well for all purposes I do hope someone higher up gets the axe.......oh and Media is alot of liberal mess....

Shakyamunison
...People say the media hate Bush, I think they are afraid of him,...

Fear is just as blinding as hate.

KharmaDog
Fear is just as blinding as hate.

uhm...ya...whatever

Shakyamunison
uhm...ya...whatever

I am sorry if I was too vague. I was just supporting my comment that I do not trust most of the media because they are blind to the truth.

KharmaDog
PLease enlighten me to your idea of truth.

PVS
no no dont enlighten, please

Shakyamunison
PLease enlighten me to your idea of truth.

It is easier to know where the truth cannot be found than to know what the truth is.

PVS
close cover before striking

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
close cover before striking

How you look at other people is what you think of yourself.

KharmaDog
It is easier to know where the truth cannot be found than to know what the truth is.

It is easier to give vague, zen-like answers than to commit to saying anything of value.

Shakyamunison
It is easier to give vague, zen-like answers than to commit to saying anything of value.

You asked a vague, zen-like question.

PVS

seems to be the growing trend

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
seems to be the growing trend

hysterical

debbiejo
Well then, I want to add to it....I'm makin mac and cheese....

KharmaDog
I'm sitting here wondering if shaky has any idea what he is laughing at.

Shakyamunison
I'm sitting here wondering if shaky has any idea what he is laughing at.

The vagueness of the statement that being vague is a trend. It was funny. big grin

KharmaDog
Another thread sufficiently derailed by shaky

Shakyamunison
Another thread sufficiently derailed by shaky

Don't ask me questions then. All you are doing is setting me up.

debbiejo
We're eating now.... laughing out loud

manny321
HMM interesting its getting major coverage up north here in Canada as well. Looks like a big story. No one should be surprised. Also we get a report here on NOV 1st about government corruption.

tabby999
it is easier to pluck the golden feather of truth from the olive tree than to take the golden goose of truth from the eternal hen house

Darth Jello
Cheney has had it coming ever since his involvement in MK Ultra and Iran Contra

xmarksthespot
How do you know this? I think this is just an opinion. If this was fact, Cheney would be indited today. Part of the perjury charges levelled against Libby is that he purported to have learned of Plame from reporters in his grand jury testimony however documents obtained by the federal prosecutor show that he learned of Plame from Cheney.

If this was untrue then Libby would be filing libel and defamation charges against the New York Times and other newspapers, rather than resigning from his post to defend himself against perjury charges.

Revealing an undercover CIA agent's identity is a crime, if one knows that the agent is undercover. Presumably Cheney hasn't been indicted for this because he can claim he didn't know of her status - despite the circumstantial evidence that the leak may have been retaliatory to Plame's husband - considering the Cheney/Libby Plame conversation occured the same day The Washington Post reported that a retired diplomat had returned finding no evidence of Iraq attempts to buy uranium from Niger - the diplomat being Joseph Wilson, Plame's husband.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Part of the perjury charges levelled against Libby is that he purported to have learned of Plame from reporters in his grand jury testimony however documents obtained by the federal prosecutor show that he learned of Plame from Cheney.

If this was untrue then Libby would be filing libel and defamation charges against the New York Times and other newspapers, rather than resigning from his post to defend himself against perjury charges.

Revealing an undercover CIA agent's identity is a crime, if one knows that the agent is undercover. Presumably Cheney hasn't been indicted for this because he can claim he didn't know of her status - despite the circumstantial evidence that the leak may have been retaliatory to Plame's husband - considering the Cheney/Libby Plame conversation occured the same day The Washington Post reported that a retired diplomat had returned finding no evidence of Iraq attempts to buy uranium from Niger - the diplomat being Joseph Wilson, Plame's husband.

Thank you for explaining that to me, I don't know why KharmaDog would not explain it in that way, instead of just giving me a bad time. big grin

PVS
nobody is rexponsible for teaching you this.
do some research ffs messed

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
nobody is rexponsible for teaching you this.
do some research ffs messed

KharmaDog started this thread, I asked a question about the thread, both you and KharmaDog got defensive and it went down hill from there. A little kindness goes a long way. big grin

PVS
well, i read the thread title and the initial post and
nowhere did it say "free lessons in american history"

Mr Parker

errr no he wouldnt.Politicians get away with crimes constantly all the time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by PVS
yes, because lord knows justice is always served on capital hill roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah thats what I said.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
well, i read the thread title and the initial post and
nowhere did it say "free lessons in american history"

What the f**k?

jOHN_Anderton
***WANTED FOR HIGH TREASON & CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY***

President G.W. Knucklehead & Sleazeball Ka Ka Karl Rove.

Dicklick Cheney & Poop Scoot Libby.

F'k Head Rummy Rumsfield & his dumbass band of robot "brothers" of death & disfigurement.

Dr. of Death & Hegemony, Wolf Wolf Wolfowicz.

The heads of all current governmental agencies that were created to protect the welfare of US citizens but have betrayed everyone and only work for the private interests that pump billions of dollars into the cesspool called Washington, DC . The corporation is the new post communist post 911 ruling class of this world.

And... ALL THE REST OF THE COCKROACHES IN EVERY CORNER, UNDER EVERY ROCK AND BEHIND EVERY RELIGIOUS ARM PATCH AND SHIELD.

Abraham Lincoln once declared the Unted States as the "Last best hope for mankind" but today its capitol has become the most corrupt place on earth. Don't let the pretty memorials and imposing and beautiful structures fool you, it is a cesspool of money and dark influence. Never has there been a place of such corruption and villiany.

I ONLY HOPE THE HEAD PROSECUTOR FOR THE U.S. JUSTICE DEPT WILL DEMAND THAT THE FACTS BE REVEALED SO HE NAILS EVERYONE OF THESE LIEING KILLERS AND SMUG SELF-IMPORTANT BASTARDS TO THE F'KING WALL.

LET. THE. REVOLUTION. BEGIN.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.