Price Check!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
I'm curious about the price you paid for the DVD. Since the first 5 days a video is released is usually the cheapest you'll ever find it until it goes out of print and chucked into the "favorites" bin, and also since the advertising circulars in the Sunday paper never seem to list the price anymore, please list the price you paid for the DVD, state/country where purchased, retailer, and if you got any "exclusive" coin, figure or bonus dvd. I always wonder if it's cheaper on the coasts or wherever. Online retailers are fine, however, no bootlegs. This could be an interesting study.

darthvader_fan
19.99 at WAL-MART

Austral_jedi
Here in Chile the dvd value is near 30 bucks........ the release is also nov 1st.....

JKozzy
$15.99 at Target. Comes with a free limited edition Darth Vader coin/medallion, looks pretty nifty. Also, a Target Exclusive: Star Wars: The Corellian Edition - a soundtrack with the best-of-the-saga tracks, as a 2-CD collection. I'll be at Target on November 1st, for sure.

Also, a $4.99 DVD "Star Wait" showing people waiting for the premieres of Episodes II and III will also be available next Tuesday.

adamrubin
i am getting it for $5

JKozzy
And where are you getting it for five dollars?

Lana
Originally posted by adamrubin
i am getting it for

That cannot be a legal version for that price, and illegal talk isn't allowed on here....

JKozzy
Dude... you buy Episode III for five bucks, you get this.

Da preacher
Actually u don't.
I bought it for three and have it like i saw it in theaters in digital.
U know same quality as the real ones i got from the PT.

Ask Muserke ............ i'll show it to him today.

No shit........dude.

JKozzy
And it's the legal copy from Lucasfilm with the DVD and cover art and everything? erm

jon84
It'll probably cost 600-700 NTD in my country. (About 17-20 USD)

Da preacher
Originally posted by JKozzy
And it's the legal copy from Lucasfilm with the DVD and cover art and everything? erm

It's a copy from the movie without the extras.

JKozzy
Being illegal, thus we're not talking about that here. We're talking about the copy coming out on Tuesday, the retail version. Nothing else.

DrDoom101
im getting mine at target

Boris

Prince Nauj
Im getting mine at walmart its like the only store here

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I wish we had dollars here in Holland......I'll have to pay 24.95 in euro's or something>>>>that's about 40 dollars!!!!

Lana
I'm going to get it at Target....cheapest place, I want the Vader medallion....and it's on my way home from school stick out tongue

chinabing
I might get one at Target for the coin, and Wal-Mart for the bonus disk. Sometimes Blockbuster gives you a movie rental or two if you buy a movie there. TRU has a free holographic Emperor figure if you buy $30 worth of toy stuff... but I wonder if that would include the movie? (Maybe only if you get a friendly clerk!) Sometimes different big box retailers have different prices depending on which of their stores you're at! Like if a Target & Wal-Mart are across the street from each other, it'd be lower there than at a Target with no close competition.

JKozzy
I don't understand... Target is $15.99 and Walmart is $19.99 atm messed

Sir Mist
Dude... you buy Episode III for five bucks, you get this.

sick wtf, why would you pay money for that crap?
I would pay to watch those subtitles...."R2, do you is f*cking" laughing laughing laughing

Probably $30 or something for me at Target...

Bicnarok
16.99 euro

or

3 Euro

.- 1.50 for hiring out the DVD, 1 euro for the empty DVD and 50 c for the energy and time invested for copying it.

chinabing
My Target flyer had the DVD for $15.99 includes an exclusive Ep III collectible coin.

The Wal-Mart flyer includes Ep III exclusive bonus disk with NO Price listed!

The Best Buy flyer again had no price, but offered free exclusive lithograph with purchase for "reward zone" members

Again Kmart had NO price listed, but said buy Ep III and Eps I or II for just $8.99 for those.

The Circuit City flyer AGAIN had no price. HOWEVER, it has Eps I and II for just $9.99 each, way lower than the $15 at Best Buy or Target!

Walgreens had it for $19.99

tlbauerle
WALMART...
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith (Widescreen),
with Exclusive Bonus Disc = $20.87

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith (Widescreen) = $15.87

DarkYoda
I have to say... I think I'm leaning towards Target... (If I buy it Tuesday morning/afternoon)

I might go at midnight to Hastings or Walmart though! big grin

I think the Wal-Mart "exclusive bonus disc" is just that 90 minute Star Wars documentary, Empire of Dreams, that came on the bonus disc of the Star Wars Trilogy Box Set.

JKozzy
Yeah, the 'exclusive' DVDs at walmart are utter shit... waste of my five dollars. Cheapest at Target, $15.99. And if anyone's looking for Eps 1 or 2, they're $14.99 each, and you get a $5 gift card with each DVD. So they're essentially $10. wink

DarkYoda
Yeah, the 'exclusive' DVDs at walmart are utter shit... waste of my five dollars. Cheapest at Target, $15.99. And if anyone's looking for Eps 1 or 2, they're $14.99 each, and you get a $5 gift card with each DVD. So they're essentially $10. wink

Circuit City has Episodes 1 and 2 for 9.99 each! Screw the gift card! eek!

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Circuit City has Episodes 1 and 2 for 9.99 each! Screw the gift card! eek!

Episode I blows hard; 'tis the worst of the Saga. Methinks that you need only Episodes II-VI to complete the saga; I is utter crap. yes

DarkYoda
Originally posted by JediLikeToDance
Episode I blows hard; 'tis the worst of the Saga. Methinks that you need only Episodes II-VI to complete the saga; I is utter crap. yes

I own both already anyways... and yes... Episode I was bad... Jar Jar was an idiot... blah blah blah...

JKozzy
Still is part of the Saga, and I personally think it still has some interesting points, despite its overall.. badness.

chinabing
Don't forget: McDonalds has the Best Buy Bucks if you buy the Large Fry or Prem. Chicken sandwich. You can only use $3 in BBB when you buy a DVD, so that might lower your costs, not factoring in the cost of the sandwich!

tlbauerle
Hey Kozz...that TARGET EXCLUSIVE is just a repack of the Episode III soundtrack with a second bonus disc containing music from all six films. Kind of a lameo release. It's not worth it.

WalMart for $15.87 is cheapest.

JKozzy
Yeah, I know. I already said that. And Walmart's is a repack of documentaries from DVDs that I already own. Walmart overall is kinda lameo. Their stores are dirty and they have terrible customer service.

chinabing
If someone goes tonight (say at 12:01am) to a wal-mart, please let us know about the ACTUAL contents of the bonus disk. thx

MochaChica
Ordered from Walmart.com for total of $24.87 for ROTS-Widescreen, with Exclusive Bonus Disc.

MochaChica
I work at Blockbuster and as employees we get the movies (in complete DVD format) a week before we put them on the selves...so I watched all the bonus material on the second disk. 2 featurettes, 1 doc (within a minute), 15 webdocs, all tv spots & trailer, game demo, production photos, 6 deleted scenes. And I watched the Yoda thing on disc one. DVD is pretty disappointing with regards to what we got with TPM and AOTC. But I guess the making of book and documentary (within a minute) makes up for it, somewhat.

Da preacher
Originally posted by J.M FcThumbs-Up
I wish we had dollars here in Holland......I'll have to pay 24.95 in euro's or something>>>>that's about 40 dollars!!!!

It's just like 30 bucks, dude! stick out tongue
30-35 something like that........

JKozzy
Originally posted by MochaChica
Ordered from Walmart.com for total of $24.87 for ROTS-Widescreen, with Exclusive Bonus Disc. Such a waste of money sick

DarkYoda
And why order it online at walmart.com? Doesn't just about EVERYWHERE have a Wal-Mart? laughing

JKozzy
I'm against the cruddy contents of this disc, but I mean, paying an extra ten bucks online? Throw me overboard, Johnny.

DarkYoda
Well, to be fair, it is only 9 bucks extra...

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

JKozzy
Ah c'mon, I'm rounding to the nearest... 10. stick out tongue

MochaChica
I'm actually away at school right now (UConn) so I figure I'd buy offline because I don't go home for awhile and it ships the Friday before the release...meaning I received it today!!!! Joy!!!

DarkYoda
I just got back from Wal-Mart.

Episode III (w/out the bonus disc) was $14.87!!!

eXSBass
I'm going to get mine now for 15 nickers in the UK. Dunno how much that is in US or Can but i presume its cheap as everyone else in the UK are selling it for the full 30 quid.

The New History
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I just got back from Wal-Mart.

Episode III (w/out the bonus disc) was $14.87!!! You can get it with or without the bonus disk?

chinabing
Yes, you can get it w/o the bonus disk.

I got my Target version today, $15.99 with the coin. I saw the "Star Wait" disk for the $4.99, ehhhh, but didn't get it.

My clerk said there were people waiting in line at 8am to buy!

chinabing
Oh one more thing of way coolness.

I dropped buy a Kmart in Minnesota here, and they had the Darth Vader standee set up. But over by the flattened boxes on a cart for recycling was another standee they didn't set up! So I asked if I could have it, and the clerk said yes!

So go to those Kmarts today and see if they've got another standee waiting to be recycled!

darthmaul1
I got mine for 17.86 canadian +GST at sprawl mart.

gmail
Mine was $20 (US) before a $7 rebate.

JKozzy
Got it for $14 at Target.

Lana
It was $15 at the Target by my house.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Lana
It was $15 at the Target by my house. You mean $15.99 stick out tongue Prices are the same nationwide.

I work there, so there's a difference wink

chinabing
$14? Man that's cheap!

Lana
Meh, whatever stick out tongue I bought other stuff while I was there so I don't remember exactly how much the DVD itself was.

chinabing
So did you get a Target discount? 10%?

JKozzy
yessir

chinabing
Bought at Wal-Mart today plus the story of SW for $19.96 in Minnesota. Plus I bought a box of Froot Loops because I am trying to find one of those blue lightsaber spoons!! Argh not yet.

Don't you hate it when you buy a DVD and the plastic sheet cover is all wrinkled? Cripes, get some quality control

chinabing
How's that "Star Wait" movie? Is it all about episode II?

Scarecrow756

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.