Myers not qualified for the Supreme Court

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whurlysplat
Are women fit for this kind of job - really?

I mean they are on the rag regularly this could cause problems.

Lana
Miers stepped down because she hadn't enough experience -- and knew it.

And believe it or not, but women are still able to think rationally while PMSing.

It should come down to experience and qualifications -- nothing else.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Lana
Miers stepped down because she hadn't enough experience -- and knew it.

And believe it or not, but women are still able to think rationally while PMSing.

It should come down to experience and qualifications -- nothing else.

Where are these rational women when PMSing? please show me them smile

PVS
Originally posted by Whurlysplat

you know you're making idiotic statements like that just to get a rise out of people. thats called "trolling"

you're getting to be like kidrock except he doesnt spam the forum with these nonsensical threads...which kinda makes you worse at this point.

Imperial_Samura
Tch, tch tch. This I fear is nothing but stereotyping. Women are not somehow unfit because of such things, they manage there jobs just as well as men, be it doctoring, or judging, or policing or any other of the hundreds of thousands of jobs they do.

Where are the clearly irrational ones? For most part if you took a sizable survey there is no real way to tell unless they actually tell you.

EsteemedLeader
I think PMS is a double standard...

PVS
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I think PMS is a double standard...

how is pms a "double standard"?
please, oh please explain that.

Darth Jello
Myers' problem isn't that she's a woman, it's that she's a stupid, fanatical sycophant with no experience, and now she's gone anyway.
This is another example to point out just how stupid bush is. Harry Reid suggested appointing Harriet Myers as a JOKE and Bush took it seriously. I mean who was heading the comission to appoint a new supreme court justice? Myers!!!!

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Myers' problem isn't that she's a woman, it's that she's a stupid, fanatical sycophant with no experience, and now she's gone anyway.
This is another example to point out just how stupid bush is. Harry Reid suggested appointing Harriet Myers as a JOKE and Bush took it seriously. I mean who was heading the comission to appoint a new supreme court justice? Myers!!!!

just think how bad she would be if she had the painters in smile

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by PVS
how is pms a "double standard"?
please, oh please explain that.

I read his post to mean that PMS/T is often used to fit the situation.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I read his post to mean that PMS/T is often used to fit the situation.

exactly oince a month most premenapausal women go mental.

they are not fit to do much at this time.

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
Are women fit for this kind of job - really?

Aren't YOU the cretin. While it's crystal clear that Harriet Miers (not "Myers", dumbass) is not qualified for the Supreme Court, this has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman. To give a lowlife like you another minute of time would be a tragedy. You are a worthless piece of human shi# and everyone's better off when subhumans like you drop dead for one reason or another and the sooner the better. Hey, maybe the puck from a slapshot will smack u upside ur proportionately smallish head and drop ur dead ass right in the net. SCORE!

Btw, you're not "evil", just ridiculous and boring. I therefore turn my back to you and fart in your general direction, u ahole.

soleran30
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
Aren't YOU the cretin. While it's crystal clear that Harriet Miers (not "Myers", dumbass) is not qualified for the Supreme Court, this has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman. To give a lowlife like you another minute of time would be a tragedy. You are a worthless piece of human shi# and everyone's better off when subhumans like you drop dead for one reason or another and the sooner the better.

Btw, you're not "evil", just ridiculous and boring. I therefore turn my back to you and fart in your general direction, u ahole.

he is just being funny in his own way stop taking yourselfs so seriously.....lol you hated his post and think he is ridiculous but posted 3 times as much as he did laughing

jOHN_Anderton
I think what ur saying is that I am "literate'. What you will never understand is that it's easy and quick for me to shoot off a tiny little memo for tiny little minds whereas for slugs such as you, it is an impossible and therefore amazing tour de force. That's why you're so impressed by my writing clearly, with good grammar and with accurate, straight facts. Hell, soleran30, my very presence here is an upgrading experience for you just because of our obvious contrasting quality of being, as in YOU and ur buddy being soooo low, while I, am so absolutely superior to you both. That being the case, you can't help but to be somewhat improved when in the same thread as myself by a kind of passive osmosis which will occur to some degree in spite of yourselves. So, yes, I encourage you to attempt to read everything I write but it would actually be better 4 u to be silent and learn from genius rather than try to formulate a thought 4 yourself. It's way too early for that, but who knows maybe in a few years you will be allowed the opportunity to speak in my presence again. So far however, u seem to be just as much an ******* as ur bud.

He and you are "not just being funny in ur own way", you're both ignorant in a way that perpetuates violence and misery. For instance, the crude and stupid statements made by yourself and Whirlysplat are the same kind of "funniness" that women have been up against for over a hundred years, right up to todays inequities. It's the kind of "funny" that has forced many woman into prostitution 50 to 100 years ago and the exact same kind of "funniness" that prevents most women from earning as much money as you two knuckleheads, even when they're doing the same work and out performing you, which clearly wouldn't be difficult to do. I don't know what country you jerkoff's are from but if you are in the US and If you worked at GM or any large reputable company, you would be fired ON THE SPOT for saying what was said in the opening frame of this thread. The reason I react to such assholes as you is because you people are responsible for so much misery in this world. You are good examples of wanton ignorance and should be opposed whenever you surface from the muck. The only problem is dumb f###'s like u 2 are EVERYWHERE. Everybody mispells, but getting a name right is more important than that, esp when it's in the title of your thread! Lol!!! But you idiots don't care about getting the facts correct. Furthermore, you can't think straight, you can't observe whats going on around you or draw simple logical conclusions, you are lazy, foggy-minded and easy to manipulate. In a word, you are "idiots" and the laws should be changed so you aren't able to vote. That will never happen though, your numbers are too large for you are legion - and I hate every f'ing 1 of u.

Darth Jello
btw, not that it's relavent to a woman's worth or ability, but not all women get pms, only some.

Victor Von Doom
I think what ur saying is that I am "literate'. What you will never understand is that it's easy and quick for me to shoot off a tiny little memo for tiny little minds whereas for slugs such as you, it is an impossible and therefore amazing tour de force. That's why you're so impressed by my writing clearly, with good grammar and with accurate, straight facts. Hell, soleran30, my very presence here is an upgrading experience for you just because of our obvious contrasting quality of being, as in YOU and ur buddy being soooo low, while I, am so absolutely superior to you both. That being the case, you can't help but to be somewhat improved when in the same thread as myself by a kind of passive osmosis which will occur to some degree in spite of yourselves. So, yes, I encourage you to attempt to read everything I write but it would actually be better 4 u to be silent and learn from genius rather than try to formulate a thought 4 yourself. It's way too early for that, but who knows maybe in a few years you will be allowed the opportunity to speak in my presence again. So far however, u seem to be just as much an ******* as ur bud.

This was funny, if not a little undermined by the textspeak.

I imagine Whirly will enter shortly with accusations of the poster's being 'on the rag', or something of similar humourous value.

Whurlysplat
Aren't YOU the cretin. While it's crystal clear that Harriet Miers (not "Myers", dumbass) is not qualified for the Supreme Court, this has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman. To give a lowlife like you another minute of time would be a tragedy. You are a worthless piece of human shi# and everyone's better off when subhumans like you drop dead for one reason or another and the sooner the better. Hey, maybe the puck from a slapshot will smack u upside ur proportionately smallish head and drop ur dead ass right in the net. SCORE!

So speaks a new man - hell some guys will do anything to get laid smile

lord krondor
Women can't play basketball. Nuff said.

WU TANG!

Capt_Fantastic
If so many of these news channels are to be believed, Bush is apparently loosing his base...a situation that was furthered by his nomination of Miers. I, personally, think that illustrates how precarious a "deal with the devil" can be, in the long run. When you get in bed with Jesus freaks to secure a political base...and ensure fanatacism for your administration, it's a double-edged sword. It really shows how they believe that the president is TRUELY in their pockets, and when that president does anything, without the approval of the fanatical-christian-conservative-right...they take it as an insult to teh way of life they are trying to preserve...and, in turn, they pull said president down into the lion's den and devoure him.

It should illustrate to everyone in the US, that this administration is totally corrupt and self-serving. They used the religous right, to acheive their goals and mask those goals by getting on bent knee in front of christian-America. Too bad, that I believe that Bush ISN'T loosing his base. These people are too slow to figure out the slight-of-hand methods that this administration employees.

If you want to talk about Miers, then you should look at who the Bush administration REALLY wants to be the next judge. Because it was NEVER Miers. Her refusing the nomination is evident in this theory. Look to the next one Bush nominates. Because he knew damn well Miers would never be approved. Don't forget, when you berate Bush's actions, you HAVE GOT to realise that this man is speaking the words of others around him. Carl Rove, Cheney, etc. And to under estimate someone who graduated from the Goebbles School of Propoganda....is dangerous.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
If so many of these news channels are to be believed, Bush is apparently loosing his base...a situation that was furthered by his nomination of Miers. I, personally, think that illustrates how precarious a "deal with the devil" can be, in the long run. When you get in bed with Jesus freaks to secure a political base...and ensure fanatacism for your administration, it's a double-edged sword. It really shows how they believe that the president is TRUELY in their pockets, and when that president does anything, without the approval of the fanatical-christian-conservative-right...they take it as an insult to teh way of life they are trying to preserve...and, in turn, they pull said president down into the lion's den and devoure him.

It should illustrate to everyone in the US, that this administration is totally corrupt and self-serving. They used the religous right, to acheive their goals and mask those goals by getting on bent knee in front of christian-America. Too bad, that I believe that Bush ISN'T loosing his base. These people are too slow to figure out the slight-of-hand methods that this administration employees.

If you want to talk about Miers, then you should look at who the Bush administration REALLY wants to be the next judge. Because it was NEVER Miers. Her refusing the nomination is evident in this theory. Look to the next one Bush nominates. Because he knew damn well Miers would never be approved. Don't forget, when you berate Bush's actions, you HAVE GOT to realise that this man is speaking the words of others around him. Carl Rove, Cheney, etc. And to under estimate someone who graduated from the Goebbles School of Propoganda....is dangerous.

good post - and I agree pretty much with all of it

PVS
so you think it was a staged defeat to appease the opposition and empower him when he presents his next pick, which will be an extreme wingnut?

could be...but in the meantime he looks like as a$$hole to his base,
which is also dangerous. thats why i doubt it.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
so you think it was a staged defeat to appease the opposition and empower him when he presents his next pick, which will be an extreme wingnut?

which is also dangerouse.

dangerous - and yes I do smile

Miers name was spelt Myers by some papers in the UK

PVS
thanks for yet another useless spelling nazi post. erm

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
thanks for yet another useless spelling nazi post. erm

agreed it was pathetic - sorry

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

which is also dangerous. thats why i doubt it.

I don't think it was a staged defeat. I think it was a staged appointment. There was no trial, there was no evidence to support how she would vote. There was suprisingly little out cry from teh left. It was like his showing his base that he was compassionate to the oppositions position. But, now he's gonna have to nominate a person who plays for the agenda. Just like Bill Maher said: She has been touted by Bush as being someone who will think the same as she does now, in 20 years. Well, she's gone from being a catholic to a evangelical christian. That's a shift, but still an implied pro-life stance. But, also as Bill pointed out, she's 60, no children, never been married....hummm... Could she be capable of voting in favor of same sex marriage? Maybe....

Don't forget, looking like an ******* to his base is irrelevant at this point. He's got his two terms. Even with all the scandal swarming around the white house, the only person that hasn't been mentioned in any wrong-doing, is Bush. Why? because, by the time this shit hits the fan....and people are actually charged with crimes, Bush will still be around to pardon them. So, unless people atart moving faster than they are now, this admin. will get away with it all. It's no longer a matter of saving face, and leaving a legacy. It's about raping the economy and getting away with it. All the while, his base will think he's been wrongly accused, ganged up on by the left, and they'll still love him.

soleran30
I don't think it was a staged defeat. I think it was a staged appointment. There was no trial, there was no evidence to support how she would vote. There was suprisingly little out cry from teh left. It was like his showing his base that he was compassionate to the oppositions position. But, now he's gonna have to nominate a person who plays for the agenda. Just like Bill Maher said: She has been touted by Bush as being someone who will think the same as she does now, in 20 years. Well, she's gone from being a catholic to a evangelical christian. That's a shift, but still an implied pro-life stance. But, also as Bill pointed out, she's 60, no children, never been married....hummm... Could she be capable of voting in favor of same sex marriage? Maybe....

Don't forget, looking like an ******* to his base is irrelevant at this point. He's got his two terms. Even with all the scandal swarming around the white house, the only person that hasn't been mentioned in any wrong-doing, is Bush. Why? because, by the time this shit hits the fan....and people are actually charged with crimes, Bush will still be around to pardon them. So, unless people atart moving faster than they are now, this admin. will get away with it all. It's no longer a matter of saving face, and leaving a legacy. It's about raping the economy and getting away with it. All the while, his base will think he's been wrongly accused, ganged up on by the left, and they'll still love him.

Yup.......and just to add to this most Repulibcans play the religious ticket far more then Democrats....Bush just went the extra mile....kinda sad for the country really.

soleran30

He and you are "not just being funny in ur own way", you're both ignorant in a way that perpetuates violence and misery. For instance, the crude and stupid statements made by yourself and Whirlysplat are the same kind of "funniness" that women have been up against for over a hundred years, right up to todays inequities. It's the kind of "funny" that has forced many woman into prostitution 50 to 100 years ago and the exact same kind of "funniness" that prevents most women from earning as much money as you two knuckleheads, even when they're doing the same work and out performing you, which clearly wouldn't be difficult to do. I don't know what country you jerkoff's are from but if you are in the US and If you worked at GM or any large reputable company, you would be fired ON THE SPOT for saying what was said in the opening frame of this thread. The reason I react to such assholes as you is because you people are responsible for so much misery in this world. You are good examples of wanton ignorance and should be opposed whenever you surface from the muck. The only problem is dumb f###'s like u 2 are EVERYWHERE. Everybody mispells, but getting a name right is more important than that, esp when it's in the title of your thread! Lol!!! But you idiots don't care about getting the facts correct. Furthermore, you can't think straight, you can't observe whats going on around you or draw simple logical conclusions, you are lazy, foggy-minded and easy to manipulate. In a word, you are "idiots" and the laws should be changed so you aren't able to vote. That will never happen though, your numbers are too large for you are legion - and I hate every f'ing 1 of u.

and just to add to your dissertation no I never once thought about your levels of literacy in that last post. Bravo on saying how my posts breed hate then post a hate thread to me!

Capt_Fantastic
So, Bush has nominated Samuel Alito to replace Miers as his pick for the court.

Just like I pointed out, this is going to be a huge fight. Democrats are shitting their pants...and conservatives are tap dancing. Just like I said in an earlier post, this is the guy that was always going to be Bush's pick. The Dems had better step up to the plate, or just sit down and allow this nomination to be approved, just like John Roberts.

The Dems screwed up by allowing Roberts to be appointed, with no fight, no expectaion that he should answer the questions with anything more than a broad, meaniless statement...unless of course, they know something that the rest of us don't. Not that I trust that instinct.

But, this newest nomination is going to be the show trial. This is going to be the circus that the first one should have been, but with the same tragic results.

Shakyamunison

Just like I pointed out, this is going to be a huge fight. Democrats are shitting their pants...and conservatives are tap dancing. Just like I said in an earlier post, this is the guy that was always going to be Bush's pick. The Dems had better step up to the plate, or just sit down and allow this nomination to be approved, just like John Roberts.

The Dems screwed up by allowing Roberts to be appointed, with no fight, no expectaion that he should answer the questions with anything more than a broad, meaniless statement...unless of course, they know something that the rest of us don't. Not that I trust that instinct.

But, this newest nomination is going to be the show trial. This is going to be the circus that the first one should have been, but with the same tragic results.

Capt_Fantastic do you think Myers was a tactical maneuver? That way Bush can say "I had to nominate a conservative because of the republican base".

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Capt_Fantastic do you think Miers was a tactical maneuver? That way Bush can say "I had to nominate a conservative because of the republican base".

Not only that, but I think it was a tactic to nominate a woman, who might have upset the base, who might have questionable sexuality.

That way, when the time comes that liberals are crying UNFAIR!, he and his pundants can say: "Look, we tried for you guys...but it just didn't work out. You wanted a woman, we tried."

I just find it odd that his "base" has never come out against anything he's done...until Miers? Please, I find that hard to believe.

Shakyamunison
Not only that, but I think it was a tactic to nominate a woman, who might have upset the base, who might have questionable sexuality.

That way, when the time comes that liberals are crying UNFAIR!, he and his pundants can say: "Look, we tried for you guys...but it just didn't work out. You wanted a woman, we tried."

I just find it odd that his "base" has never come out against anything he's done...until Miers? Please, I find that hard to believe.

Call me cynical, but I think it is all staged.

Capt_Fantastic
Call me cynical, but I think it is all staged.

Shaky, you're cynical.

Right, but cynical.

Shakyamunison
Shaky, you're cynical.

Right, but cynical.

Just because I'm cynical does not mean that everything is not going down the toilet. laughing

PVS

some are saying (and i agree) that the nomination of alito
comes at a strategic time. why? distraction. distraction from
a shameful white house scandal and distraction from the fact
that for the first time in over 130, there is a criminal indictment
of a white house official...and it appears to be working

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS

I agree, the timing seems to be just too good.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

I certainly wouldn't argue that point. Wouldn't put it past Rove for a heartbeat. But, that lends to my theory that Miers was a ruse.

Shakyamunison
I certainly wouldn't argue that point. Wouldn't put it past Rove for a heartbeat. But, that lends to my theory that Miers was a ruse.

It would also mean that Bush is smarter then the liberals (far left) think.

Capt_Fantastic
It would also mean that Bush is smarter then the liberals (far left) think.

I don't know about that, I'd say it proves how good Karl Rove is.

Shakyamunison
I don't know about that, I'd say it proves how good Karl Rove is.

That was just a jab at the far left. I am a Dem. and I am pissed about my party being taken over by extremist.

justdecent
I heard that men menstruate also, they have pms symptoms emotionally just not physically..... and

as a wise philosopher by the name of Happy Bunny once graced us with:

"Boys are dumb; throw rocks at them."

KharmaDog
I'm sensing the presence of a banned member with a need for acceptance and a pathetic sense of humour (or lack thereof)

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I'm sensing the presence of a banned member with a need for acceptance and a pathetic sense of humour (or lack thereof)

Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.