Who would you say was the evil equivalent of Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
If there was an evil equivalent of Batman, who would you say it was? I think the Scarecrow is. He had a traumatic childhood, is highly educated, has a fear of birds, and uses fear against people to meet his ends. The Scarecrow is only a bit different to Batman, only evil.

Doc Ock
The Joker.

Batman represents law and order and lives to enforce it.

The Joker represents crime and chaos and lives to cause it.

Batman is dark and brooding.Joker is colourful and flamboyant.

Superherovandal
Joker and Prometheus.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Doc Ock
The Joker.

ya, Joker

NoFate007
Joker, that's why he's #1 on the Rogue's Gallery.

EsteemedLeader
Prometheus.

Any one that says otherwise is a fool.

Blair Wind
Slade...evil equivalent doenst mean total opposite....means the same type character just evil....which would be Slade aka Deathstroke

Zarathustra
Dr. Doom. Parents' murders leads to a quest for vengeance: both devote their lives to study and accumulate the power to allow them to fulfill their goals. Both have their master plans, near infinite resources, and oftentimes pull inventions out of their asses... just Dr. Doom's quest for vengeance is against the entire world whereas Batman just targets criminals.
(Honestly, the Joker? I'm with Blair Wind on this one)

WindDancer
Originally posted by DarkAge
If there was an evil equivalent of Batman, who would you say it was? I think the Scarecrow is. He had a traumatic childhood, is highly educated, has a fear of birds, and uses fear against people to meet his ends. The Scarecrow is only a bit different to Batman, only evil.

You could make a case for The Penguin. He is an orphan. And had a traumatice childhood. Except he isn't "evil" in the same level as the Joker.

Bardock42
I'd also say either Slade, Prometheus or Joker.

TMACalicious
The Clown Prince of Crime himself, the Joker big grin

sevenman
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Prometheus.

Any one that says otherwise is a fool. I PITTY DA FOO WHO DOUBT THE JOKER IS BATMANS EVIL EQUIVALENT

Scarecrow756
I think I would have to say Scarecrow and the Joker.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Doc Ock
The Joker.

Agreed.

Draco69
Prometheus. Their origin is nearly the same. He was made to be the "anti-Batman".

Avalonofthewind
Agreed. Prometheus had an awesome origin.
It's too bad he's been dumbed down ridiculously...
He should have been the "Doom" of DC.

sevenman
Who is this "Prometheus" you speak of?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by sevenman
Who is this "Prometheus" you speak of? http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/images/Prometheus01.jpg

Alias

Prometheus

Nick Name
The Anti-Batman

Civilian ID
Unknown

Occupation
Assassin
Criminal

Legal Status
Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Nation or Planet of Origin
United States

Group Affiliation
Injustice Gang
Secret Society of Super-Villains

Base of Operations
Shamballa: An empty pocket dimension with different laws of time and physics.
Height
6' 1"
Weight
180 lbs.
Eye Color
Brown
Hair Color
White
Skin Tone
Caucasian

Known Powers
Normal human with a genius level intelligence with superior hand-to-hand combat skills possessing knowledge derived from technology created in another dimension.

Accessories
Cosmic Key II: Device of alien origin possessing a vast array of abilities that opens the passage to Shamballa.

Nightstick: Bludgeoning device possessing a number of unknown properties.

Prometheus Helmet: Armored helmet capable of uploading information directly into the brain via a compact disk device.

Prometheus Uniform: Armored uniform with a vast array of offensive and defensive capabilities.

Common Enemies
Justice League

Origin
The son of two outlaw criminals that were finally tracked down by the authorities and killed in a hail of bullets during a shootout.

Swearing revenge upon all institutions of justice, the young man used the fortune his parents had hidden in multiple locations to finance a world class education, taking him from the halls of ivy league universities to the brutality of savage jungles.

Following a legend of a Tibetan monastery, that was not what it seemed, he discovered a pathway to another dimension where he could create the identity of Prometheus.

chilled monkey
Definately Prometheus.

No offence to anyone, but Joker is not Batman's 'evil equivalent.' He's the complete opposite of Batman which is a different thing altogether.

Superherovandal
he was until they jobbed him.

Zarathustra
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Definately Prometheus.

No offence to anyone, but Joker is not Batman's 'evil equivalent.' He's the complete opposite of Batman which is a different thing altogether.
We try to explain... it's no use, friend.

sevenman
OPPOSITES ARE GAY AND EQUIVALENTS ARE GAY

sevenman
The Batman's arch-nemesis is the Joker, and the opposite of a bat is not a clown.

AcousticDoc
promethius is a second stringer in the DC universe isn't he?

sevenman
WHO THE **** IS PROMETHIUS?

Juntai
Ras is the equivelent of Batman, on the other side
Joker is the antithesis of everything Batman is.

Bardock42
WHO THE **** IS PROMETHIUS?
Look on the last page it's posted there. He was a Villain who almost single handedly defeated the JLA ...he hjas no Superpowers, pretty cool actually. Similar Background story to Bruce too.

sevenman
ill just look at what you posted

Bardock42
ill just look at what you posted
Well you can do that, but the last page has a nice Pic of him too.

sevenman
oooooo

zod-doom
Why do people say scarecrow is the opposite of batman, scarecrow is smart and good with chemicals but batman is on a much higher leval then scarecrow. in some books batman has beaten superman and is one of the best fighters on earth and has a plan for anything that could happen. Scarecrow is a skinny dude with a fear gass gimick.

botcherby
Prometheus, it was awesome seeing him take down the justice league, even blooming Batman right until the rematch :P

Superherovandal
Owlman wink

Blair Wind
^I was just gonna say that!! oh well you stole my thunder...owlman!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007
Joker, that's why he's #1 on the Rogue's Gallery.

yep.I like his reasons for scarecrow though.

Ultimate Hulk43
The same way the Batman never stops at striking fear into criminals is the same for the Joker who never stops at striking fear into innocent people.The Joker just won't stop,like Batman.The Scarecrow is up their with the Joker because he likes to make people fear him too and he's always be sort of obsessed with fear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.