Ronin has been identified and SPOILED by DK press

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
DK press, a British company known for accidently spoiling comics by shipping too early, has spoiled the mystery of who Ronin is. They accidently shipped the Avengers Ultimate Guide today, which was meant to come out in three weeks.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05091414011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/10130000/10136175.jpg

It's Echo, from Daredevil Echo Vision Quest. See him behind Iron Man?

jrodslam
Huh? Isnt that Jack of Hearts behind Iron Man?

long pig
Is it? Well, I don't know.

But the spoiler was that it was Echo, and since I don't know what Echo looks like, I just guessed it was the guy who I didn't recognize.

Let me find a pic of Echo somewhere.

long pig
Hmm...Echo is a chick.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, that was a tad confusing.

So is it actually Echo? I stiil don't see how Ronin can turn out to be a chick...

long pig
Well, that's what the whole hubbub was about. DK shipped it early, and in the book it says Echo was Ronin.

I never heard of Echo until now. But, from the beginning, people said it was Elektra, so maybe Ronin being a broad isn't too hard to fathom. Maybe she's wearing a suit.

Lucid Lui
I don't mind if it's Echo actually. She was cool.

The thing is, Ronin's been drawn like a man ine every picture so far. I can't see them sticking to that if it's revealed that Ronin's a girl. So it seems pretty pointless that they're drawn him/her like a man so far...

jrodslam
Well ive never heard of a character named Echo before anyways lol. I was kinda hoping it was Daredevil, but the Avengers already have to many 20cl and under heroes imo.

I really dont like this new squad. Maybe its because Wolverine is in it lol. Thanks for the info LP.

8bitChris
That guide looks pretty old to me. It has way more classic Avengers on the cover haha.

That is Jack of Hearts, but he died in Disassembled.

EsteemedLeader
Why do they have shocked looks on their faces?

Khellendros
Sweeeeet. Echo is/was kinda badass. She's got the same ability as Taskmaster, without all the mimicked superhero weapons. She generally fights with a combination of Daredevil and Bullseye's skills.

Adam Warlock
This Echo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/44_1.jpg

Ronin kinda looks a bit more muscular and her skin color doesn't match.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
This Echo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/44_1.jpg

Ronin kinda looks a bit more muscular and her skin color doesn't match.
That's the Echo I'm referring to. And, I agree. Ronin looks way too masculine to be her.

aton_ra
if ronin is echo how can she speak, echo is deaf.

Khellendros
Originally posted by aton_ra
if ronin is echo how can she speak, echo is deaf.
Well, she spoke in Daredevil.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, only people who've been deaf since birth can't speak (or went deaf vefore they learnt to speak). But i think because of her abilities she picked it up anyway.

aton_ra
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah, only people who've been deaf since birth can't speak (or went deaf vefore they learnt to speak). But i think because of her abilities she picked it up anyway.

that's just it she has been deaf since birth.

Khellendros
Originally posted by aton_ra
that's just it she has been deaf since birth.
Well then I guess comic writers juSt don't know sh*t about deaf people.

ScarletSpider
She has photographic reflexes like Taskmaster. Thus she learned to speak by watching other people.

long pig
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just relaying information.

Echo is a skinny white girl, Ronin looks like a beefy black guy....I don't get it either.

Maybe she's wearing a suit?

willRules
I have the other DK ultimate guide books to the FF, Spidey, JLA, Batman, Superman, Wonder woman, Hulk and a few others. Im glad they are bringing out an avengers edition because they are really good books..........

yahman
When any one finds out give me a bell, I'm getting to the point where i don't even care any more. I don't know what was more Disappointing; House of M, or the current Avengers. New team is needed drastically. Bring in Iceman and Polaris, to my knowledge they aren't doing anything ?

Tron
Originally posted by long pig
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just relaying information.

Echo is a skinny white girl, Ronin looks like a beefy black guy....I don't get it either.

Maybe she's wearing a suit?

What exactly gave the impression that Ronin was black?huh

willRules
Originally posted by 8bitChris
That guide looks pretty old to me. It has way more classic Avengers on the cover haha.

That is Jack of Hearts, but he died in Disassembled.

I have the other books as well they are cool. I will get that book soon hopefully. It gives in depth double page factfiles on the main and some lesser known characters, with lots of pics in it!!

It also usually has a double page spread where they talk about an important event to the avengers, like their formation, The Kang War. When Yellow Jacket Pimp slapped wasp, Disassembled etc.....

long pig
Originally posted by Tron
What exactly gave the impression that Ronin was black?huh
The dark black skin was a dead give away.

willRules
lol

platinumx
black people in general are not THAT dark, unless ronin is Wesley Snipes, the black is probably an under-suit.

Disappear
the "padded suit" theory was put out there in case ronin turned out to be echo or elektra, as a way of explaining how ronin survived the hail or shuriken and arrows in issue 10 or 11. the only other real contender for who ronin might be was stone, the last living pupil of stick, who has incredible durability anyway. i was kind of pulling for stone, but whatever...

Adam Warlock
You know what, I think Echo is Ronin.

willRules
cool theory. i can't wait until the DK book comes out, they have already done soo many cool characters.............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.