The Matrix: Path of Neo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO
story

cal31
Yup, looks awesome. By far my most anticipated game of the year.

Draco69
Made by the same company who made Enter the Matrix. Ten to one it's gonna suck. Hopefully it won't.

cal31
You could actually look at what they are doing to make it better this time instead of being ignorant and assuming it will suck.

Draco69
I have. More of the same really. I'm not being ignorant. Just realistic. Shiny doesn't exactly have a stellar record. They had huge budget and a huge production team; and yet they still messed it up.

DarkCrawler
Well...at least we get finally an Matrix game where we can actually play as the main character of the movies...

And Enter The Matrix was an OK game...except for the Hovercraft levels.

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

And Enter The Matrix was an OK game...except for the Hovercraft levels.

and the sniper levels... and that driving level with ghost... stick out tongue

DanZeke25
Its gonna be awesome

pr1983
1500 smiths on screen? is that even possible?

The Ones
yes

SaTsuJiN
I'll be very disappointed if they screw up as bad as they did with ETM...

DanZeke25
Well ETM didnt have Neo.. i mean come on.. who wants to play as ghost and niobe?

Draco69
I liked Niobe. Ghost was redundt. I dug her hairstyle and snakeskin leatherjacket.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by pr1983
and the sniper levels... and that driving level with ghost... stick out tongue

Oh yeah.

TrAnCeDuO
no offense but whats with all the hating on Enter the Matrix? i thought it was a pretty nice game.

SnakeEyes
I didn't

DanZeke25
i dont remeber it.. i think i played it once over a friends... all i know is that there was no Neo so i didnt rent or buy it

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Well ETM didnt have Neo.. i mean come on.. who wants to play as ghost and niobe? why should that even affect gameplay?... confused

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
why should that even affect gameplay?... confused

Because in the world of the matrix, Neo is king. It would be like releasing a Superman videogame and only getting to play as louis lane.

SaTsuJiN
no, you missed the point.. his claim was that having neo in the game would have made ETM a better game... which isnt the case.. you can put whipped cream on dogshit but that dont mean its gonna taste better stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
besides wouldnt fighting as neo get boring after awhile? the fights with smiths would probably last (at most) 45 seconds.

DanZeke25
no, you missed the point.. his claim was that having neo in the game would have made ETM a better game... which isnt the case.. you can put whipped cream on dogshit but that dont mean its gonna taste better stick out tongue

I'm just saying that i would rather play with Neo, ETM might be great... but i dont really want to play with Ghost or Niobe. So i wouldnt like it, but other people might think its great.

pr1983
saw the trailer... doesnt look too bad...

The Ones
see trailer here http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/ps2/article/614/614223/pathofneo_051505_01_wmvlow.wmv

SaTsuJiN
higher res textures... some more polys.. there were a few 'awkward' bits during the cinematic sequences.. but the important thing is how it plays hehe.. and they better include a VS mode where bullet time is useable.. (which you'd have to make it a split screen vs)

cal31
Looks sweet, escpecially the Lobby scene.

pr1983
New Screens...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_289/vortal_pic_144890.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_289/vortal_pic_144891.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_289/vortal_pic_144892.jpg

SaTsuJiN
Hmm... looks alot better.. but I hope they put higher polygons.. Im pretty sure this generation is capable of better graphics than that.. and gameplay better be quite different from ETM, or this is gonna bomb..

pr1983
Hmm... looks alot better.. but I hope they put higher polygons.. Im pretty sure this generation is capable of better graphics than that.. and gameplay better be quite different from ETM, or this is gonna bomb..

yeah, totally agree...

powerfulone1987
no, you missed the point.. his claim was that having neo in the game would have made ETM a better game... which isnt the case.. you can put whipped cream on dogshit but that dont mean its gonna taste better : A Quote.

Haha, I like that analogy.

Well when I first put Enter the Matrix in and played it, it was really fun and different, but the it got very repetitive and the manual said that different but combinations would cause new attacks to happen and that there were endless amounts of moves that could be perform and that just wasn't the case.
I performed the same moves through the entire game.
And after I dragged, let me repeat DRAGGED myself to complete the game, I just didn't have the need to play as the other character and play the game again.
As much as they said each character experiences a different game, I just could believe it. Especially after I gave it a chance and played as the other one and the same thing happened in the beginning of the game as it did with the othe character.
They went into the building to get the letter out of th post office box.
Now how is that a different experience when they are doing the exact same thing with each character.
Maybe when they said different experience, they meant on the driving levels when Niobi drives and Ghost shoots.
Whoa, now hit me over the head with a baseball bat and call me Susan. But is that a different kind of gaming experience all together or what.
I don't think so.

powerfulone1987
So as I am having high hopes, let me repeat HOPES for this Neo game, I still wouldn't be disappointed if it turned out to be "dogshit with whipcream on top". LOL.

sith_darth_jay
have you played trough out the whole game with both characters, cuz the stroy changes when you play with one or the other, as well as the levels.

It's not only the driving levels when Niobi drives and Ghost shoots

pr1983
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
no, you missed the point.. his claim was that having neo in the game would have made ETM a better game... which isnt the case.. you can put whipped cream on dogshit but that dont mean its gonna taste better : A Quote.

Haha, I like that analogy.

Well when I first put Enter the Matrix in and played it, it was really fun and different, but the it got very repetitive and the manual said that different but combinations would cause new attacks to happen and that there were endless amounts of moves that could be perform and that just wasn't the case.
I performed the same moves through the entire game.
And after I dragged, let me repeat DRAGGED myself to complete the game, I just didn't have the need to play as the other character and play the game again.
As much as they said each character experiences a different game, I just could believe it. Especially after I gave it a chance and played as the other one and the same thing happened in the beginning of the game as it did with the othe character.
They went into the building to get the letter out of th post office box.
Now how is that a different experience when they are doing the exact same thing with each character.
Maybe when they said different experience, they meant on the driving levels when Niobi drives and Ghost shoots.
Whoa, now hit me over the head with a baseball bat and call me Susan. But is that a different kind of gaming experience all together or what.
I don't think so.

Umm... no i didnt... and that wasnt his point...

Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
have you played trough out the whole game with both characters, cuz the stroy changes when you play with one or the other, as well as the levels.

It's not only the driving levels when Niobi drives and Ghost shoots

yeah, but the change isnt enough to make it worth it...

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Well ETM didnt have Neo.. i mean come on.. who wants to play as ghost and niobe?

*point up* .. yes it was his point.. not that he was living or dying by this statement.. but rather saying that having neo would have enhanced the ETM experience.. and with terrible collision detection and graphics.. this simply could not be so

pr1983
oh, my bad... coulda quoted it po... stick out tongue

Mist
there is no way this game could suck.....i saw the trailer today....holy shit!.......awesome....

SaTsuJiN
Oh.. it can... it can... /sniffle.. /cry...

I swear they better have vs mode or something (at least co-op for gods sake)

pr1983
New screens...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thematrixthepathofneo/screens.html?page=4

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thematrixthepathofneo/screens.html?page=5

powerfulone1987
Umm... no i didnt... and that wasnt his point...

I didn't write that "point". It's suppose to be a quote from somebody else, but I messed up and had to hurry up and get offline so I just cut and pasted it into my message. That's why I put " A Quote", right after it to let yall know it was a quote from somebody else.
I started writing after the quote where it said, "I like that analogy".
Sorry, for being so confusing.

pr1983
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I didn't write that "point". It's suppose to be a quote from somebody else, but I messed up and had to hurry up and get offline so I just cut and pasted it into my message. That's why I put " A Quote", right after it to let yall know it was a quote from somebody else.
I started writing after the quote where it said, "I like that analogy".
Sorry, for being so confusing.

np... smile

SaTsuJiN
New screens...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thematrixthepathofneo/screens.html?page=4

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thematrixthepathofneo/screens.html?page=5

What the hell is up with that bullet dust... that is so stupid... they could use so many types of graphical shaders to represent the way it was done in the movie, with minimal effort, but they choose to act like the bullets are sweating.. /sigh.. they could even use a heat effect behind the bullet to distort the air

DarkCrawler
Well, I played ETM long enough to get the sword.

For first hour it is fun to slash people with it.

powerfulone1987
I didn't see any sword to fight with in enter the matrix.

and by the way, weren't they saying before enter the matrix came out that we would be able to fight along side neo and the other characters, cause I don't remember that happening either.

Revan X
i rather rent if first than buy it right away. than pass judgement on it

powerfulone1987
The second "than" you used in the previous statement was used incorrectly.
You should have typed "then".

TwisterGameX
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/662/662452p1.html

Please make this game to be good.
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662452/the-matrix-path-of-neo-20051028070325920.jpg

JKozzy
Is that screenshot from PS2, Xbox, or PC? huh

TwisterGameX
ps2

JKozzy
Looks good, then. I'll be buying it the day it's out --- I've been waiting for this game for quite some time now. Looks great. They've said that the ending to the trilogy was re-written for the game, too.

TwisterGameX
I just hope it's good.

hotsauce6548
I think we have a thread about this. huh

Looks nice, though. big grin

The Ones
ive played it and its not that great.

i played the lobby scene and it was going ok. until i locked on with R2, shooting with R1, then to avoid getting shot you have to shoot with one button then move with the analog sticks then turn the camera with the left analog then switch weapons with the directonal buttons.... a very ragged control system. remember, playing this game will mean alot of broken fingers

forumcrew
yea this isnt new this is very old news the game comes out in a couple weeks.. most of the matrix games were poorly developed hopefully they fixed that this go around

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by The Ones

i played the lobby scene and it was going ok. until i locked on with R2, shooting with R1, then to avoid getting shot you have to shoot with one button then move with the analog sticks then turn the camera with the left analog then switch weapons with the directonal buttons.... a very ragged control system. remember, playing this game will mean alot of broken fingers

I don't think it's even out yet. confused

forumcrew
thats why i said it comes out in a couple weeks. But there has been info out about the game for quite a long time was what i meant.

TwisterGameX
OH!!

Lana
Merged threads smile

Movie_Geek_
I am way happy the game is finally out. I my a big fan of the movies and Enter the Matrix was a Good game. Dose anyone know the excite day it is out though?

hotsauce6548

The game hasn't even come out yet. no expression

Movie_Geek_
That is how you can tell he is lien.

Lana
It comes out November 8th, I believe, so he couldn't have played it...maybe he played a demo, but that's all.

TwisterGameX
I won't get it untill I see the rating.

Lana
It's rated T.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
It's rated T.

I mean from a scale from 1 to 10 big grin to see if it's good or not.

Lana
Oooh stick out tongue

Rent it or something before you buy it, so you can check it out.

hotsauce6548
It comes out November 8th, I believe, so he couldn't have played it...maybe he played a demo, but that's all.

He was probably thinking of Enter the Matrix. erm

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by hotsauce6548

That is like 10 year sold. So do you think this neo gaame is going to be good ?

Lana
Originally posted by hotsauce6548

When why post about it in a thread about Path of Neo? Everyone knows ETM wasn't great...

Anyway, I think this game's going to be good big grin

TwisterGameX
When why post about it in a thread about Path of Neo? Everyone knows ETM wasn't great...

Anyway, I think this game's going to be good big grin

You getting it eek! Wait what was this other game where you could play online...well.....I dn how that went.

Lana
Matrix Online, it kinda was a flop from what I've heard.

And I don't know if I'm going to get PoN right away, but I probably will get it at some point.

TwisterGameX
Matrix Online, it kinda was a flop from what I've heard.

And I don't know if I'm going to get PoN right away, but I probably will get it at some point.

Check ing.com for the rating when it comes out Happy Dance It gives 3 ratings, one from what the give it two is the press gives it and 3 is the people what gives it. Happy Dance

The Ones
no it was path of neo. and yes it was a demo. this close to the release date i doubt they'd have time to change the control system. so it would be perminant

Movie_Geek_
Dancing banana dose a cameo

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/matrix.php

Sir Mist
First day this comes out Im running to the game store to hire it droolio
*cough*and make a copy *cough*

Burly brawl's gonna be sick, I pity those with slow computers smokin'

Lana
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_

No one cares, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

TwisterGameX
Wow and he made a thread in the off topic about the banana.

stunna1773
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_

if i was in a movie i would want him as my stunt double and i bet he can beat neo to lol

Lana
Guys, please keep the thread on-topic, this is about Path of Neo, not a dancing banana flash movie wink

TwisterGameX
Guys, please keep the thread on-topic, this is about Path of Neo, not a dancing banana flash movie wink

laughing out loud but the Banana Happy Dance Ok fine back to neo. I wonder what the story will be for this one or is it the movie stories..

Lana
I hate the banana no expression

Anyway, it's supposed to follow the movie storylines, I believe, though I guess the ending is different. I'm not sure, I really haven't been following this too much. Which is kinda sad, as I LOVE the Matrix.

TwisterGameX
( What other Simlie can replace the Banana I mean it's right there Happy Dance )

I have to choose between this game or Star wars battle front 2.

mailedbypostman
This looks good, I'm gonna get it for PS2.

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Wow and he made a thread in the off topic about the banana. Originally posted by Lana
No one cares, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

(( sorry I just thought if was funny lighten up. ))

( What other Simlie can replace the Banana I mean it's right there Happy Dance )

I have to choose between this game or Star wars battle front 2.

I would go for the Matrix because there are hundreds of Sart Wars games, in mutiple copys. You could rent anywhwere the game about anywhere to.

DenKi
Check the New Videos on Ps2 IGN THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING, just look at the fighting

Movie_Geek_
Good graphics too. I am surprized that it is for the old systems.

JKozzy
They're hardly the old systems, plenty of games are coming out for them, and I don't see any "new" ones for sale today.

Thirty Minutes with Path of Neo:

mailedbypostman
Sounds fun...

powerfulone1987
what was all that

SaTsuJiN
the combat engine appears reworked to give players the ability to dodge and retaliate nearly simultaneously. the weapons mixed with the kicking and punching pretty well, but not flawlessly. It also looks like most of the techniques can be abused over and over again though...

http://media.putfile.com/Burly-Brawl-Clips

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/696/696714/vid_1297343.html

The Ones
I need help on Red Pill Chase. im stuck on Security Guard and Librarian. Could someone help me through it?

The Ones
anyone?

powerfulone1987
I thought i'd be getting this game, but I just don't know.

is it comprehensible.....

Layden
Yea i keep seeing ther trailer for this game and it look sso amazing but im sceptical cause i dont tough combat system.......and i liked enter the matrix it wasnt the gartest game but it gave me a chance to pull off some of the stuff from the movies wich was cool.

TwisterGameX
So is this game good ?

steverules
I'd say so, It's a whole new kind of game and for the first time ever u can play as neo and stop bullet's and do stuf that u can't do in any of the other matrix games.

TwisterGameX
I might get it when I get some cash.

SaTsuJiN
So is this game good ? I'm enjoying it so far (I rented it)... but you only become really untouchable when you start doing those "beat up 3 people at one time" combos

overall its probably the best matrix shiny has come up with so far..

my only complaint is probably that the animations get clunky, and will sometimes overshoot the environments. Like you'll get stuck in the bullet-time jump kick combo.. and you'll wind up falling off of something.. stuff like that

I need help on Red Pill Chase. im stuck on Security Guard and Librarian. Could someone help me through it?

do the other 2 first before doing Library and security guard..I believe youll get a helpful 6-hit combo from the "Skull" level.. the one with the zen artist

Library - stay close to the red pill when fighting off the agents, to make sure they dont start shooting her.. I beat up the agents until they died basically.. there are enough health pack to keep you going in the sequences that follow

Security guard - when you gotta fight off the agent at the top.. make sure to kill all the enemy police officers to deny the agent a host body.. otherwise its fighting the same agent over and over until he runs out of bodies

always deny agents host bodies.. it makes fighting them much easier

DenKi
One of the worst games ever for this time, they could of done so much better with the gameplay and Graphics. What were they thinking?

Ive sold mine now cause it was crap after you have completed it

Snoopbert
I liked it, it some parts it was brilliant, other's lacking, overall good.

Phat J
is this for the 360, or the regular xbox?

Snoopbert
Regular.

Mišt
Originally posted by Snoopbert
I liked it, it some parts it was brilliant, other's lacking, overall good.

I thought the same about EtM, I dont hate it or think its the worst game, I had fun, so Im hoping PoM is the same.

CrazyEyes
I got this game over christmas, and overall, it was a good game. It was everything 'Enter The Matrix' should have been and we finally have a good game for one of the best sci-fi film series. However, there were a few problems with the game. The first half of the game was fine, running from the agents, entering the combat simulations, everything was good up until you became the One. Now, what I first found wrong was how easily I got my ass kicked. The One is meant to be all powerful, not be kicked through walls three times in a row. Agents were also difficult to kill, surrouding me before pounding me into the ground. The second half of the game was good, but I just didn't feel with the One. Too many times I was beaten down by agents after i'd wasted focus punching and missing them. The levels were OK, but suddenly I'm with the Keymaker, and then I'm against Smith in the final battle?! What about a run-in with the Trainman, Bane in the real world, the machine-city. The end of the game seemed rushed. Overall, it was a good game experience and I'll get back to it after I've completed my over games.

Phat J
this game ****ing sucked, its awkward and hard to play. i dont wanna write a bunch about how and why it sucked, i just hated it. dropped 60 dollars on it too.

Ast
60? Why?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Ast
60? Why?
Hmmm...probably got the deal with the game guide and the game. I know this because I got it for Christmas...returned the next day wink.

Phat J
i live in canada, it ended up being 65 with tax. i just got the game, no deal. if you open the package, can you still return it?

BAILY
I have read way too many varying reviews and heard too many different opinions on this title.. i dont know whether to get it or not now...lol

Phat J
dont get it man, rent it and see for yourself. it blows, if your a hardcore matrix fan and you just wanna be able to be neo, pick it up. but if your looking for a good game, look somewhere else.

DenKi
I sold the game after 1 week - Its a crappy rushed game, you dont even feel like your playing as "The One".

My mates a complete Matrix Fan, and he feels the same way, he took his back after 1 day, theres so much bad points i could say about this game but its not worth it...

§cooter
I felt like the one no expression Maybe because I realize it is slightly impossible to replicate certain moments of the movies into an interactive experience.

Frag Maniac
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well...at least we get finally an Matrix game where we can actually play as the main character of the movies...

And Enter The Matrix was an OK game...except for the Hovercraft levels. I've read you can play as Neo in Enter the Matrix too, by typing in the right code in the hack system they have. I'd like to know if anyone here has tried it? Also, if you can play Neo in EtM, do you have enough strength to take on the agents and beat them? I got tired of just running away from them.

I bought EtM just recently, along with 4 other titles I got cheap, after missing the CoD 2 sale. If I'd paid say 25-35 bucks for it, I'd have been very disappointed, but the game is not all bad.

Lana
I still need to pick up Path of Neo....

And there probably is a way to play as Neo in ETM, but I've never come across that specific code....would be pretty cool I think, though.

I managed to kill an Agent in ETM after quite a lot of effort though laughing out loud

Phat J
rent it first, unless your a huge matrix fan its not even worth checking out. i was really disapointed with it, i thought it was really rushed and sloppy.

can you return games if you take them out of the packaging?

Frag Maniac
...I managed to kill an Agent in ETM after quite a lot of effort though laughing out loud That would make an interesting video you know, if you could pull that off again. wink What difficulty mode were you on btw, and how did you kill him?

One of my fave parts of the game was playing Naiobe and knocking that SOB agent out of the plane.

jaden101
Originally posted by Frag Maniac
That would make an interesting video you know, if you could pull that off again. wink What difficulty mode were you on btw, and how did you kill him?

One of my fave parts of the game was playing Naiobe and knocking that SOB agent out of the plane.

grenades on the "the virus spreads" mission is the only way i've ever seen an agent killed on enter the matrix

now onto path of neo...just got it today...i must say its better than i thought it would be...

Lana
That would make an interesting video you know, if you could pull that off again. wink What difficulty mode were you on btw, and how did you kill him?

I can't remember, it was like last year or something....I managed to knock him off a rooftop.

SaTsuJiN
I actually beat the burly brawl level without getting hit.. since when you enter those 'multi-target combos' you're basically invulnerable to everything.. so I just spammed it til the agents gave up.. /shrug.

I enjoyed PoN muuuuch more than ETM.. I hope the next matrix games even bettah..

a major gripe I had was how your previous combos get totally over-written by higher tier combos.. messed

Frag Maniac
Originally posted by jaden101
grenades on the "the virus spreads" mission is the only way i've ever seen an agent killed on enter the matrix I have a hard time throwing grenades in EtM, they're worse than the superball grenades of Doom3. They seem to have minds of their own, sometimes two get thrown when I'm trying to throw just one.

Next time I fire up EtM, I'm going to type in that code to play as Neo, if I can just remember where I found it. I'll let you guys know if it works.

jaden101
I actually beat the burly brawl level without getting hit.. since when you enter those 'multi-target combos' you're basically invulnerable to everything.. so I just spammed it til the agents gave up.. /shrug.

I enjoyed PoN muuuuch more than ETM.. I hope the next matrix games even bettah..

a major gripe I had was how your previous combos get totally over-written by higher tier combos.. messed

understandable when it comes to the bullet dodge being taken over by the bullet stop...but the best disarm in the game gets written over...the one when you kick the swat team guys gun over his head and shoot him in the back with it....

the ariel death blow level 3 is the most deadly and stupidly ridiculous move the in the game...when you flying kick 4 guys one after the other...i love it...

i cant seem to master the one when you 2 guys are spin them while smashing their heads of the ground

SaTsuJiN
I like the one where you knock one guy down directly in front of you, then use his 2 friends to slap the crap out of him

Phat J
i hate this game...

ive asked this ? like 8 times, can i return a game if i take it out of its packaging?

Mišt
I've read you can play as Neo in Enter the Matrix too, by typing in the right code in the hack system they have. I'd like to know if anyone here has tried it? Also, if you can play Neo in EtM, do you have enough strength to take on the agents and beat them? I got tired of just running away from them.

I bought EtM just recently, along with 4 other titles I got cheap, after missing the CoD 2 sale. If I'd paid say 25-35 bucks for it, I'd have been very disappointed, but the game is not all bad.

I dont think you can on a console, but on PC go into the models folder, and rename Neo's skin to all of Ghost's, and voila! And as for being strong enough.....just put in god mode and fight. Theres no other way to kill Agents without pushing them off buildings. They should have made it like the movies, where if you get close enough you can shoot and kill them, like with some of the grapple moves.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Phat J
can i return a game if i take it out of its packaging?

thats totally reliant on your stores specific return policy.. see the company's website or call the store.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.