Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whurlysplat
Stephen Kings Dark Tower comes to Marvel (one of my fave books) and anyone near London should get a ticket to Blackwells in Charing Cross Road on the 7th as Gaiman is signing his new novel. Tickets 5 or 7 pounds depending on what you are - student or adult.

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/stories/showstory.htm?id=51

ScarletSpider
I've never read any of the Darktower books. A friend of mine really likes them, and he's told me the basic story, which seems pretty good. I'm more interested in seeing the cultural and media fallout from having Stephen King involved in a comic book.

Jimmy Buggs
will spider-man be in it?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
will spider-man be in it?

only if Wolverine has filled his 25 comic book appearances per month quota

otherwise it's title changes to "The Dark Tower.....Bub!"

DarkCrawler
"The Dark Bub"

long pig
I won't try and be cool, I seriously hated Dark Tower. Worst book I've ever read.

Dork Tower, the comic strip that made fun of it was 100% better.

yahman
Has anybody read any of the Comic version of Never Where (Probably Gaiman's most famous book, after Sandaman) ?

Smaxxer
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
Stephen Kings Dark Tower comes to Marvel (one of my fave books) and anyone near London should get a ticket to Blackwells in Charing Cross Road on the 7th as Gaiman is signing his new novel. Tickets 5 or 7 pounds depending on what you are - student or adult.

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/stories/showstory.htm?id=51
DT is great, but many readers won't like the somewhat disturbing ending of the seventh and last book.

And I'm not sure if I want to see pictures of Roland : I have this vivid picture of him in my mind, so... Same for Eddy, Oy, Jake...

Last but not least, hopefully the continuity errors will be left out in the comic version.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by yahman
Has anybody read any of the Comic version of Never Where (Probably Gaiman's most famous book, after Sandaman) ?

smile of course I have its just a shame, Gaiman didn't do the adaptation - that aside anyone remember the BBC version from about 12 years ago smile

yahman
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
smile of course I have its just a shame, Gaiman didn't do the adaptation - that aside anyone remember the BBC version from about 12 years ago smile

I havn't actually read the book yet, but i loved the serries, it was pretty low budget, but really cool. I was pretty young when it was on !!!!!! Are you sure that was 12 years ago ?

8bitChris
Originally posted by Smaxxer
DT is great, but many readers won't like the somewhat disturbing ending of the seventh and last book.

And I'm not sure if I want to see pictures of Roland : I have this vivid picture of him in my mind, so... Same for Eddy, Oy, Jake...

Last but not least, hopefully the continuity errors will be left out in the comic version.

You just had to ruin the ending didn't you?

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by yahman
I havn't actually read the book yet, but i loved the serries, it was pretty low budget, but really cool. I was pretty young when it was on !!!!!! Are you sure that was 12 years ago ?

It may have been repeated, it was a long time ago - I will google it later and see.

Smaxxer
Originally posted by 8bitChris
You just had to ruin the ending didn't you?
I didn't say anything special about the ending, and even if I did, it's not the biggest secret of the world.

And for those who cared : I loved the ending.

DT is certainly great and original, but a tiny little bit overrated. But you won't find many characters in DC or Marvel that are half as cool as Roland of Gilead. I read the stories for Roland, not so much for the rest.

Gandhi_of_KMC
Originally posted by Smaxxer
I didn't say anything special about the ending, and even if I did, it's not the biggest secret of the world.

And for those who cared : I loved the ending.

DT is certainly great and original, but a tiny little bit overrated. But you won't find many characters in DC or Marvel that are half as cool as Roland of Gilead. I read the stories for Roland, not so much for the rest.

I loved the ending to - As one door shuts.............

The man in black fled across the desert!

hoorayforpeepee
i just saw this article. it'll be f*ing brilliant, teaming with jae lee. and the marvel site says that it will be both a retelling and an expansion, so alot of questions can finally be answered.

i hope they manage to work in danny torrance and pennywise and tak and david and ralph roberts and bill, ben, richie, bev, mike...gah, i'm giddy like a schoolgirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.