Memory problems....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
when FJ or myself try to sign on to the net, our computer says that we must free up 1072 mb's of memory.well, i eliminated yahoo messenger, msn internet and AOL free trial internet, along with a bunch of other junk, but it gives us the same prompt, that we have to free up 1072 mb's of memory. i emptied my recycle bin, scanned the disc, defragmented the disc, removed the programs and restarted the computer, but it keeps telling us the same thing. any ideas of what i can try next? i know we have plenty of memory, but the computer is telling us otherwise. please help!!!

Sir Mist
Kick it.

Rogue Jedi
seriously, help!!! i already kicked it. next step, hammertime!!!

Rogue Jedi
i guess no one is gonna try and help me here.

eggmayo
I have no idea, nice sig.

Rogue Jedi
*is frustrated*

Leo.M
How old is the thing huh if it's more then 5 yrs old.............. get a new one ( i don't know what else to tell you dude erm )

Rogue Jedi
its old as hell. i need a new one.

Clovie
eat some leticine eek!

eggmayo
Yeah, its usually only computers from schools that have memory problems, did it ever used to be on a server?

JKozzy
...did you ever see if you really needed that much memory? Delete temporary internet files? Maybe you really do need 1072 MB more? An odd number to need.

Fire
it's prolly 1024

anywayz delete all your temp files, that always helps a lot

eggmayo
And delete Microsoft Works or some stupidly large program you hardly ever use.

Raz
Could you post a screenshot of the message?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.