Why are people afraid to admit God exists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

elroar
Why are so many people afraid to admit that there is a God? If God exists and He is loving, what do they have to be afraid of?

leana marie
some people arent afraid of a god... they just dont beleive in him... like me for example... i was raised athiest, so i dont believe in god therfore i cant fear him because there is no such thing as a god.

Movie_Geek_
I do not think that it is so much that people fear god as it is they do not truly think that exists.

Tengu Man
sad concept really, people fear him because they dont know him, and they have a funny way of pinning the world's troubles on him, but ignorance is a pretty big element in casting blame. i believe in god and i love him death, i live a wonderful life with loving parents. sometimes im afraid but parents are there for me, the greatest gift god ever gave me. big grin

Great Vengeance
Why would I be afraid god exists? I would actually prefer if there was some holy being that gave everyone love and purpose, however I have deduced he does not exist and I will not follow a false ideal.

Shakyamunison
I believe that the all of everything, all together, is God. So my answer would be #1, but I do not believe in a limited Christian god. Everything that happens, any were, at any time, is part of God.

finti
afraid of the non existing???? dont think so

debbiejo
Gee no one voted "I am my own god"..... shifty

lil bitchiness
People do not believe in God - its nothing to do with fear.

finti
wouldnt go for the obvious

whobdamandog
Originally posted by elroar
Why are so many people afraid to admit that there is a God? If God exists and He is loving, what do they have to be afraid of?

Because if they are to accept the idea of a truly "loving God" ...then they would also have to accept the fact that a truly "loving God" will hold each person accountable for the "evil" deeds they've commited in life, and judge each person accordingly.

Many don't want to be held accountable for the "evil" that they do, so they refuse to acknowledge God's existence.

finti
and for those that dont do "evil" and still dont acknowledge a god?

debbiejo
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Because if they are to accept the idea of a truly "loving God" ...then they would also have to accept the fact that a truly "loving God" will hold each person accountable for the "evil" deeds they've commited in life, and judge each person accordingly.

Many don't want to be held accountable for the "evil" that they do, so they refuse to acknowledge God's existence.

It's bigger than that....You're putting human emotional limitations on what it is....

TheQuincy
Or perhaps there IS no god.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TheQuincy
Or perhaps there IS no god.

Or perhaps God is different than what the bible tells.

TheQuincy
That could also be true.

Imperial_Samura
Stating the obvious - if there were a God, well of course I would say he exists, but as I have seen no proof, and can't really say that he does I won't say he exists, nothing to do with fear, just logic.

Impediment
Why be afraid? I'll stand up and shout it out that there is no god.

_Sanctuary_
"Why are people afraid to admit God exists?"
Why are you afraid to beleive others think differently to you?

elroar
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
"Why are people afraid to admit God exists?"
Why are you afraid to beleive others think differently to you?

I'm not afraid that people think differently than me. Everyone will have disagreements from time to time. You can't agree with everyone and because you don't doesn't mean you're afraid that they think differently.

Legend Of Chibi
You know, think about it. A world without a leader, a world full of evil and torture. Then think about a world with a just ruler, one who knows what is wrong and what is right.

God is the Just Ruler, without the christian laws in America and Britain we'd all be toast and you know it.

The only barrier holding many non-christians back is the leaders, and sometimes the leaders themselves aren't good rulers.

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by elroar

I'll tell you this...

"I don't feel safe in this world nomore, i don't want to die in a nuclear war, i wanna sail away to a distant shore, just like an apeman"-Apeman
laughing

Ok, in a easier to understand way of speaking.

1. They need to block out their fear of god, so they don't like to mention him.

2.They don't want a leader, they think rules spoil the fun. Am I right?

Imperial_Samura
I don't know, it looks to me like there's alot of evil in the world. And when I say alot, I mean alot. And plenty of bad things happen in the U.S. and Britain, I don't really think God has anything to do with it.

And technically all civilisations have had some form of law - common things like no murder, treason, theft etc. What is "Christian Law" - if by that you mean the 10 Commandments. then that form of law was once known as Mosaic Law, the law of Moses, seen as Jewish Law, considering Christians didn't exist till Jesus turned up. And really when you think about it the 10 Commandments aren't that unique, they just concisely put forward legal ideals that have been around for a long time.

debbiejo
It seems to me that the believer in "One God" ruling are the ones that were responsible for many wars...Even in history with the "Many Gods"...still there were many wars.......I think gods are over rated...

Imperial_Samura
Yeah, arrogant, spiteful, prideful, jealous, insecure things. World would probably be better of without the concept.

_Sanctuary_
People are still going to kill and hurt others wether their religion is against it or not...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.