What if Superman was part of the Avengers and Thor was part of Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
So this is the New Avengers team Superman,Hercules,IronMan,WonderMan,Vision and Scarlet Witch and they get attacked by Ultron,Absorbing Man,Quicksand,Morgan le Fay can the New Avengers win the day?

Ok This is the New Justice League Team Thor,Manhunter,WonderWoman,Captain Marvel,Green Lantern,Flash Batman. Just like the New Avengers the New Justice League gets attacked by Black Adam,Solomon Grundy,Brainwave,Thunder. Can the New Justice League win the day?

Scoobless
I think the Justice league gets the better deal here..... they already have a bunch of superfast bricks... Thor would bring their team much more versatility

Of course Superman would be a big help to the Avengers as well (if Scarlet Witch doesn't go crazy and killl him)... but if Loki screwed around with them they may get into trouble

golem370
bump

TricksterPriest
Given the kind of things Superman does, not to mention his rogues gallery compared to Thors, I think the JLA needs Superman more than they need Thor.

These guys? No problem. But what happens when they need someone to fight a slugfest against someone who's smashing the JLA? Thor isn't fast enough and it will cost them.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
I think the Justice league gets the better deal here..... they already have a bunch of superfast bricks... Thor would bring their team much more versatility

Of course Superman would be a big help to the Avengers as well (if Scarlet Witch doesn't go crazy and killl him)... but if Loki screwed around with them they may get into trouble

Starscream M
Superman's combination of speed and power has been critical to the success of the Justice League

Thor cannot fill Big Blue's shoes

A better exchange would've been Thor for Wonder Woman

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Starscream M
Superman's combination of speed and power has been critical to the success of the Justice League

If only Thor had magical powers and a family of a magical beings on his side along with massive funds that would be at least partially at the Leage's disposal.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If only Thor had magical powers and a family of a magical beings on his side along with massive funds that would be at least partially at the Leage's disposal. so, Thor's family is now part of the Avengers as well?! And I doubt either team would ever be short for monetary funds.

and I don't think it is debatable that Superman is far more important to the Justice League (in leadership, morale effect, effectiveness in fighting villains) than Thor is to the Avengers

Val-E-Doosh
JLA gets better. Not just because of Thor but they have Captain Marvel as well who makes the loss of Supes a near non issue.

I guarantee the Avengers would miss Thor's versatility more than the League misses Superman's fists.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh

I guarantee the Avengers would miss Thor's versatility more than the League misses Superman's fists. yep, Avengers miss Thor so much that Thor is not even on the Avengers anymore roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starscream M
I think people are missing the point of this thread.

It's not about who's more powerful...Thor or Superman. It's about how their presence would effect a team.

In a sports analogy, one can say that Kobe is more versatile than Dwayne Wade, but DWade's intangibles and leadership skills make him far more critical to the success of his team.

While Thor may be the more powerful of the two (although I personally don't think so), Superman is the far better leader, team player, and that makes him much more critical to a team than Thor would ever be.

Val-E-Doosh
yep, Avengers miss Thor so much that Thor is not even on the Avengers anymore roll eyes (sarcastic)
Might want to read that sentence again, chief.

In fact, you might want to read the OP again. We aren't using the current team line ups.

Originally posted by golem370
So this is the New Avengers team Superman,Hercules,IronMan,WonderMan,Vision and Scarlet Witch

Ok This is the New Justice League Team Thor,Manhunter,WonderWoman,Captain Marvel,Green Lantern,Flash Batman

Starscream M
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Might want to read that sentence again, chief.

In fact, you might want to read the OP again. We aren't using the current team line ups. meh

both teams will beat their respective villains regardless then

llagrok
Thor would get himself a better chick than Lois Lane : D

psycho gundam
he'd bang ww in like 2 hours. she'd be starstruck for sure.

Newjak

Thor cannot fill Big Blue's shoes

A better exchange would've been Thor for Wonder Woman And you telling me that that Thor's combination of raw power, more raw power, and the ability to basically do anything with it hasn't been critical to the Avengers time and time again?

I've seen fights where one guys wrecks the rest of the avengers line up and Thor comes in and beats or delays that person for the rest of the group to do what they need done.

I think people are missing the point of this thread.

It's not about who's more powerful...Thor or Superman. It's about how their presence would effect a team.

In a sports analogy, one can say that Kobe is more versatile than Dwayne Wade, but DWade's intangibles and leadership skills make him far more critical to the success of his team.

While Thor may be the more powerful of the two (although I personally don't think so), Superman is the far better leader, team player, and that makes him much more critical to a team than Thor would ever be. And besides his iconic nature with the JL it is very debatable whether or not Thor is more important to Avengers compared to Superman's nature with the League.

First of all here is a brief list of people that at any time can come in and replace Superman's shoes in the League.

Orion
Black Adam
Captain Marvel

As for Superman's leadership. Everyone should know that it is basically Batman that runs the team, and it's plans. As to who is the better leader. Thor has lead the Asgardians into countless battles that were it not for him they would have surely lost.

TricksterPriest
Not Batman. Batman is their tactics expert, but up until recently, J'onn Johnz was the guy in command. He's the one who coordinated most of the teamwork.

I still think Superman himself is being lowballed.

Newjak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not Batman. Batman is their tactics expert, but up until recently, J'onn Johnz was the guy in command. He's the one who coordinated most of the teamwork.

I still think Superman himself is being lowballed. I was mostly going from the Big 3 but you are correct that MM is basically the leader.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I still think Superman himself is being lowballed.
Not really. The JLA lineup posted really doesn't need Supes. It would make for a better thread if you remove Captain Marvel from the lineup.

SevenShackles
in the fights you posted i see no problem they switch would change things of course but the good guys would win.

in a more long term look, witch enemies being switched out and having to interact and how things would change by their presence.
i dont see thor doing for metropolis what superman those. superman could handle a good portion of Thors foes and it would be rather interesting given his magical weakness. Thor himself can do the same but enemies like DD and such that put a big dent in superman he would have a hard time with. they both seem to be just dropped into hostile waters here inheriting each others responsibilities.
i think thor might do better than Superman. Thor can do so much more and supergirl can fill in the role of the DC Universes 'Super' person. he could fill in the missing spot in the DC Trinity if not just letting it fall upon captain marvel.

Superman.. eh. between loki and Dr.Doom with their magic. Mephisto, great beasts. given his 'save the world' attitude he would clash with many enemies with the team and alot more dangerous ones on his ow during a patrol. hell just fly over doom-country and he will have a serious problem on his hands. and if galactus ever manages to swing his way into being a threat to earth or anything near superman with his need to... ya know.. save all life. he will clash with surfer, which he could win but then Big G himself.....eh. his own personality and morality that might serve some of the heroes in the marvel U to see and be inspired by will lead him into alot of trouble. soo he gets the sh*t end of the stick.

hell whoever remembers Hyperion would probly just think hes him. "oh your that guy!"

while Thor does what he has to do, with threats as they come. swings his big hammer. yells 'I SAY THEE NAY!!' and hits the big bad of the week.

loki vs superman? cool. thor vs Luthor? in the suit is like Thor VS Ironman for me =/ so that rivalry angel is dead. the switching roles was a cool idea tho.

Starscream M
loki wouldnt go after superman...he only hates thor

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by golem370
So this is the New Avengers team Superman,Hercules,IronMan,WonderMan,Vision and Scarlet Witch and they get attacked by Ultron,Absorbing Man,Quicksand,Morgan le Fay can the New Avengers win the day?

Ok This is the New Justice League Team Thor,Manhunter,WonderWoman,Captain Marvel,Green Lantern,Flash Batman. Just like the New Avengers the New Justice League gets attacked by Black Adam,Solomon Grundy,Brainwave,Thunder. Can the New Justice League win the day?

The New Avengers team without Captain America looks weak. If you're going with leadership then yeah, Superman is a good deal for the Avengers. Throw Hawkeye and then they have a better deal.

Justice League with Thor doesn't look very convincing. I can clearly forecast a feud between the gods here. Diana would not get along with Thor she will recognize his god status....but gods don't always get along. Now, Bruce...oh wow, I can see a clash of egos here with Batman and Thor. So I don't know...Thor brings the muscle but the leadership looks shaky....

SevenShackles
loki wouldnt go after superman...he only hates thor

not really Loki going after superman but really superman just getting in his way. and most likely pissing him off enuff to gain his notice, if not seem like a useful pawn. =/

golem370
With Superman gone would Luther even be an issue?

abhilegend
Justice League gets a new punching bag. J'onn would be relieved of his previous position now when Asgardian Thorhunter is there to take his place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.