Count of Monte Cristo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phat J
i did a search and couldnt find any topics in this forum about the book, and it definitely deserves one, so i thought id make it. this is my favourite book of all time, i love a good revenge story, and in the world of revenge stories, this takes the cake in my opinion. i like everything about this book, how he does everything so perfectly to the point where he actually becomes scary in a way. hes definitely my favourite character from any book that ive read in my lifetime, which isnt saying alot, because i tend to read books i like over and over again. im just starting this one again.

the movie was great, it made me read it in the first place. it was such a huge story, watching the movie now just doesnt give me the same satisfaction anymore, because it only shows a small glimspe of the whole story. they changed a lot to make it a hollywood happy ending, but it works for the movie, so whatever.

Movie_Geek_
We are reading it in my English class. People are actually reading it when they do not have to. It is a good book. Most books I read in English are SOOOO Boring but this one is goo. I read a lot so it is not my favorite but it is a good read.

PinstripePapaya
havent read it myself but my friend loves it, is her favourite book ever - will have to get her on here....

Phat J
yeah i really liked it, i gotta make some time to read it again. revenge stories are great, are there any other good revenge stories that you guys have read that you'd recommend?

bogen
my mum never shuts up about it, i haven't read it my self but i will some time.

Darth Macabre
I never shut up about it either. It is easily my fav story. And what movie are you guys talking about? The one with Jim Caviziel? or the one with Gerard Depardieu? Both were good in my opinion.

Phat J
never saw the one with gerard depardieu, but the jim caviziel one was good. revenge stories are awesome, easily the best one. im on the part where danglars is just starting to conspire against dantes.

Phat J
no one else has read this? its my favourite book of all time, thats too bad.

a classic in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.