R2D2 a Jedi????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greedo
I do not know if this has ever been discussed here before but I have always had an idea that R2 is a Jedi. Most Droids in the movies are just bumbling servants but R2 seems to be just a little bit more on the ball and always thinking a few steps ahead like he is guided by the Force

yerssot
no!!!!!!
there is only one Jedidroid and that is Skippy!

he thinks and participates

Halba
i agree he's a very lucky robot

queeq
Usually I'm not very picky about insane topics, but this one beats it all. For chaos-sake I'll let it linger a little bit, but this one IS liable to die soon.

jedi fernando
r2d2 IS strong with the force

he is intelligent
head strong
always calm
lets the force guide him (anh)
loyal
honorable

sounds much like a jedi to me

but he does not yield a light sabre.

mah
come on! that beep-machine a Jedi? ha

yerssot
midi-chlorians anyone?

Corran
I'm thinking a count of around, now let me work it out........multiplied by........with a rounding to.....and a factor of....Eureka, that's it... a bit fat zero - sorry no chance of being a Jedi, in fact not even a part of the living force!!!

Captain REX
The only way he'd be a Jedi is if the mind of a dying Jedi was transfered into R2's body! And that's not going to happen!

R2 is a main character, so they had to make him smarter and more daring than the rest of the BACKGROUND EXTRAS playing droids.

yerssot
wich is impossible

Texas
He may not be a Jedi, but he's smarter than that ***** Padme! stick out tongue

yerssot
everyone is smarter then that Bjeurk person

Texas
Your obviously not, cause you cant even spell her name right! stick out tongue

yerssot
that's because you like her

greedo
That comes in Episode III and you think Yoda was fast you ain't seen nothing yet.

As for the midi-chlorians I did not hear where they are strickly found in humanoid life forms. Maybe the same person who fathered Anakin also built R2.

When you think of it R2 is the binding tie to all the movies...

As for the mind of a dying Jedi being transferred into R2...Qui-Gon where are you????????

Come on everyone the possibilities are endless you have already come up with some I hadn't thought about.

As for me I slink back to the Cantina and watch the fun from there smile

Ronch_Jedi
Fine, let's see R2 handle a lightsaber

Texas
You know, before AOTC I would of thought that impossible, but that little guy has more gadgets up his ass than Inspector Gadget himself!!

greedo
Gee Texas don't give away the 'hole' story line big grin

yerssot
They resides in every living cell... R2 doesn't have a cell hence he can never be a jedi

greedo
Well R2 seems to be guided don't you think he is always in the right place at the right time never has any trouble finding anything or anybody...if the Froce is not with him what is???

mah
something called typical-movie-hero-luck

Ushgarak
Agreed. You can't just ignore the plainly stated fact about MCs only residing in living cells.

yerssot
in other words, you can't find that in a droid

Ushgarak
I think that was self-evident, yes.

yerssot
apperently not, otherwhise this thread wouldn't have been made...

does this mean it was actually possible for a droid to be a jedi before TPM?
(and read the comic Star Wars Tales #1: it has a story of Skippy, the Jedi droid)

Ushgarak
I meant, self-evident from what I just said, yerss.

I think even that was just the work of insane EU comic book writers; I don't think any sensible person would ever have considered a droid to be capable of using the Force.

yerssot
I should scan the story, it's damn funny! laughing out loud

mah
do it!
the only skippy I've seen is that crap-to-the-bone old aussie TV-series 'Skippy the bush-kangaroo''

yerssot
*starts to sing offtone*
Skippyyyyyyyyyyyyyy; Skippyyyyyyyyyy
Skippy the bush kangeroooooooooooooooo-oooooooo

big grin

I'll try to scan it

yerssot
here it is...

first page
second page
third page
fourth page
fifth page
sixth page
seventh page
page eight

pages will be taken away the day after tomorrow

mah
that is certainly the most freaky and sick sw-comic I've ever read

yerssot
and one of the best

Captain REX
That's...odd. eek!

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
That's because the Force flows through everything. But that does not mean that everything can use the Force. The way you mean it is that R2 can use the Force in the same way a living being can which explains his luck. Which he cannot.

He-Man
Han Solo is a droid. Did you know that?

mah
urm...no

yerssot
different movie big grin

Captain REX
Yerss Wars Episode I: The Phantom Wacko

Starring Yerssot as the Phantom Wacko, and Han Solo as the disgruntled worker droid. Episode II is out next weekend. laughing out loud

Corran
Yerss Wars Episode II: Attack of Yers's Cronies!!!

Yers creates an army of cronies to defeat the disgruntled worker droids!

Captain REX
Yerss Wars: Episode IV "The New Pope."

Yerssot becomes a pope and creates a new religion that the Jedi Knights follow: Wackoism!

Corran
Yerss Wars: Episode V "The Wacko strikes back."

Darth Wacko(yerss) tries to crush the other religious factions, he goes to cloud cuckoo land to capture the disgruntled droid worker Han solo and there he fughts with his long lost Son.

yerssot
I like that idea!

mah
why has this become the name the next yerss-movie-title thread?

Corran
point - So I agree with Ush kind of, R2 cannot use the force, some people are just born lucky, but again this could be because the force flows quite well in them but they are not Jedi, I think this would have applid to Jango. Whereas R2 just got lucky because he was in the right place at the right time so many times.

Gundark
*waits desperately for mod to close thread*

yerssot
gundark... you ARE a mod!

Corran
But it's back on thread!!!!

Actually just close it, there's nothing more to say here!

faggort
this is retarded! how can a droid be a jedi?

AlextheGreatest
nuh uh, 1st of all, to be a jedi, you must have force capibilities, and the ability to learn and wield a saber.

Jedi Priestess
wtf what is this?? revive dead thread day?

AlextheGreatest
i dunno, i just wanna post again, i havent been here in a while.

Jedi Priestess
well welcome back!! eek!

jango fatt
R2 a jedi?

Ben-Kenobi
DAMN IT GREEDO THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOU SHOT FIRST AT HAN!!! YOU DONT THINK BEFORE YOU ACT!!!!!!! mad

( I Just want ya to know im just messin i thought itd be funny lmao Happy Dance )

faggort
I HATE WHEN PEOPLE BRING BACK THE DEAD!!!!
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

jango fatt
He, that would be cool.

P.S. Jezus is a hero when he does that and i'm a bad boy.That's discrimination!!!!!!!!

faggort
hahahah youre FATT ^^^-------^^^^

jango fatt
I am not!!

jango fatt
He's not a member of the jedi. Discussion over.How could he be a jedi ? He never came before the council.He never was a padawan.

JK

bILLYgOAT
faggort has simply put into practice what the rest of you have been moaning about for months.
he SEARCHED ,
and decided to ***** on a thread he didn't like instead of starting a new topic,
you can't have it both way people, so calm the flames.
FFS

jango fatt
Yeah , he's right.

smoker4
Negative, he/she/it has picked up on lame redundant posts for *kicks*, oh its so funny sick

bILLYgOAT
Burn the witch eh?

Report him for his crime roll eyes (sarcastic)

smoker4
No just calling it as i see it is all! smokin'

bILLYgOAT
will you complain about this also
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294658&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

didn't think so

smoker4
I dont get your point? All i was pointing out was that someone was posting on threads(more than one) from 2 square years ago!!! if the same person (Gollum) had done it multitude times then yes i would have

bILLYgOAT
my point is this
I dislike forum Nazis who slam down a junior member who has read the rules and obeyed the rules and still gets sh!t for using the SEARCH and reopening an old thread. Perhaps they haven't checked the date of the last post, but at least they are trying to get with the program.

Now what I really hate is the hypocrisy shown,
where older members who do the a search and open an old thread hence http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...20&pagenumber=3
just for light-hearted fun and nobody and this includes you Smoke says a thing about it.

Smoke what you and a lot of others are doing is new member bashing plain and simple
sorry a better word for it is
bullying,
and its not a good way to welcome people to this forum.

Is that any clearer?

smoker4
The only reason i picked up on it was because of this

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2998038#post2998038

I would not call myself a forum bully and can see all sides of the arguements here but the mom thing p****d me off and the opening of a new thread happened once with the leaked footage thing, i guess i agree to disagree with you wink

GCG
that astromech droid is no jedi ; .............

ITS A SITH !

http://img104.exs.cx/img104/447/artoo4fi.jpg

ArthasKnight
'Cept I think Artoo is getting shocked as opposed to shocking. Good try though! wink

Red Superfly
Either he's getting shcked, or R2-D2 turns into Swiss Army Knife Gnarr Kill 2000 during a scene.

You can see a Battle Droid behind R2. Maybe one of Grievous' guards used their electro-staffs on him?

ArthasKnight
I don't think so. There's a battle droid yes but there's also something between the droid and artoo. But it could be an electro-staff, just off screen.

GCG
someone in black..............perhaps Anakin?

ArthasKnight
Possibly, but you can't really see enough to make a good guess. It could be anyone. Maybe it's Grievous himself.

Stunrun
"R2D2 a Jedi????"

roll eyes (sarcastic) (no comment) roll eyes (sarcastic)

RETARDED NOOB!

ArthasKnight
Be nice Stun. wink

bILLYgOAT
ahh Lando speeder
I've had a run in with him also.
Smoke, don't let Lando be your bench mark mate,
you have more intelligence.

GCG
i think its shocking not getting shocked.

it does shock SALACIOUS CRUMB that obnoxious birdlike creature in ROTJ

bilbofett
Why on earth is this thread still active? It serves NO purpose.....

Sesse
Maybe Ar2 is the only true jedi in the order.

While Obi wan and Quigon were sent to persuade trade fed. types to back off, R2 was sent to Naboo. His mission was to infiltrate into royal naboo cruiser and protect the queen. He used the force when he repaired the shield generator. That is obvious.

After landing on Tatooine, R2 and his apprentice Quigon set off to buy parts for their ship. Quigon failed to trick wattos mind and artoo telepathically told quigon that there was something about that Anakin boy.

Just a quick note. When Anakin fell into lava, he needed a full pressurized suit to keep him alive. If yoda fell into lava, he would need it too... I think that ARtoo is actually a suit, which keeps a yoda-like creature alive.

Because the creature has burnt its vocal cords, it needs alternative way of communication. But when the accident happened, there weren't technology for that. R2D2 had to settle for morse-code like system of communication.

And here comes the conclusion: R2 D2
R2 = R*2 2R D*2 = 2D
masteR vanDaaR

We have two R's and one D. How can we get another D? Maybe he turned into evil without anyone noticing.

Thus his name would be: DaRht vanDaaR
So the result is: R2D2.. HE masterminded everything. He was the one who trained palpatine. He is responsible for the destruction of republic!

So R2D2 is a few thousand year old yoda-creature who turned into evil and seeks revenge through Sidious... That's IT!

vanyoda
blink blink blink

OB1-adobe
I think the icy cold of Finland has screwd up Sesse's brain

GCG
blink blink blink blink blink

im sure he's joking .........erm........

ArthasKnight
Yeah he did but that was from an appendage, not out of the top of his head. And if you look at the pic you can see his parts are all sticking out like they did when he got shot by the stormtrooper in ROTJ.

GCG
IF you are right , i am beginning to think that it may be protecting that person behind it .

But what else could be zapping ?
Dooku on Anakin ? meh........all will be revealed.

Ogami Itto
Thats a great theory!!

.:Space Opera:.
this is...THE DUMBEST THREAD, i have ever posted in . i just wanted to make this apperent

PVS
to a certain individual who's name i wont mention:

please quit your damn crying about 'bullies' and 'nazis' as if human rights are being violated here. why dont you go join the peace corp or red cross if you really feel like aiding the helpless and unfortunate. damn all this crying is just breaking my heart.

bILLYgOAT
then dry your eyes

Darth_Duffy
how the hell has a thread like this reached 5 pages?
the title says it all

Ogami Itto
aww its cute

cylob49
its been running since 2002!
its got legs!
one retractable!

Ogami Itto
if anakin was an astromech like r2 he could use his boosters to fly away fgrom the lava and kill obi wan thats wot darth d2 would have done !!!

Arsenal
Maybe he's a midget Jedi but he wears a droid costume to fool people.

Delfedd
OOh that tricky r2

ArthasKnight
Ok, this has gone past ridiculous.....

lil bitchiness
ArthasKnights right.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.