Luke vs. Anikin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
Luke and Anikin are both very strong and the main characters. So who do you think will win?

Council#13
What time anakin vs. what time luke? would it be fair ROTS Anakin vs. A New Hope Luke?

Fishy
Who cares as long as it isn't TPM Anakin, Anakin wins against any Luke.

chucktaylor
Whatta 'bout ROTS Anakin vs. ROTJ Luke?

Wait..wait...yep, Anakin gets his sons ass kicked.

Council#13
Then it would be anakin

Gryn Jabar
Bloody hell, xyz, give us more detail, learn to spell your fighter's name right, and give us more detail.

Darth_Glentract
If we go by GL quotes over movies, ROTJ Luke is better than ROTS Anakin by a good margin.

Fishy
If we go by GL quotes the universe will be destroyed. AOTC Anakin would still pwn RoTJ Luke.

Darth_Glentract
Do you seriously think that ROTJ Luke would lose to AOTC Anakin?

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Well he might... AOTC Anakin may have been a fool but he did know how to wield a lightsaber and based on the movies alone far better then Luke could even dream off at that time. At that time all Anakin had done was more impressive then what Luke had done anyways. And he was beter then many Jedi in the arena that did die.

DrDoom101

most ppl think ROTJ Luke sucks because the special effects werent as good as nowadays. Of course he would pwn AOTC ANakin

kamikz
Well ROTJ Luke did beat Vader, if Vader let him win is arguable, anyway Vader was more powerful than AOTC Anakin so if it's AOTC Anakin vs ROTJ Luke I think Luke would win. ROTS Anakin would probably kill him though.

jollyjim311
I am a full hearted beliver that Luke was crazy good by ROTJ. More powerful than ROTS Anakin, but it is close. Who do you hink is a better pilot?

kamikz
Hmm good question, both were very skilled pilots though I think Luke got more time to practise his skills (age near of 20) while Anakin only did it for around 7 years, then focused more on his jedi skills than pilot skills. So I'll say Luke by an inch. Not that Anakin wasent traning piloting anymore, just that he didn't do it as much as he did as a kid.

Deus Ex
ROTJ Luke >>>> AOTC or ROTS Anakin???

LMFAO!

Put the bottle down, you're cut off. If you can't see for yourself that Anakin was superior to ROTJ Luke, you are obviously drunk, high, or in denial.

Fishy
Are you serious? What did Luke ever fly until he reached 20? Nothing really... Anakin had far more piloting skills and experience by that time.

Deus Ex
He had far more everything. I really don't get the idea that ROTJ Luke is better than Anakin. It's silly, really.

Tangible God
Originally posted by xyz jedi
Luke and Anikin are both very strong and the main characters. So who do you think will win? It's Anakin with an "A." Sheesh!

Borbarad
Hmm...let's see.

Guy with the ugliest hair cut ever seen in a SW movie having some weeks of force training under Yoda who swings his ligthsaber like a baseball bat

VS

Guy with an ugly Padawan pigtail having a decade of force training under Obi-Wan, is able to suvive more than 30 seconds against Dooku and has the greater force potential.

Well...I'd give it to the guy with the ugly Padawan pigtail while asking myself why Dooku didn't cut his head of instead of his arm in AotC.

Darth_Glentract
Luke beat down Vader though, who is supposed to be 80% as powerful as Sidious. Since Dooku and Sidious are about equal, and Anakin and Obi-wan are together about equal, they must be about 50% as powerful as Dooku.
Luke>80%
80%>50%
Luke wins.

darthsith19
Luke beat down Vader though, who is supposed to be 80% as powerful as Sidious. Since Dooku and Sidious are about equal, and Anakin and Obi-wan are together about equal, they must be about 50% as powerful as Dooku.
Luke>80%
80%>50%
Luke wins.
Interesting. But I do not think ROTJ Luke>ROTS Anakin. For one thing Dooku isn't as strong as Sidious. Not quite. And both Anakin and Obi-Wan are more than 50% of Dooku. If they are equal in power and Dooku could beat both of them at once that doesn't necessairly mean each one equals less than 50% of Dooku. If each is, say, 70% of Dooku they might still lose if they can't work perfectly together and if they get in each other's way at least a little bit.

Whoops. 70% of Dooku still isn't as strong as 80% of Sidious. Hmm... well, that's OT Sidious, and, um, he must have gotten weaker since ROTS...

Hmm. Probably not that much weaker, though. Maybe I'll have to reconsider who'd win here...

kamikz
Guys, in my second post I only refered to piloting, not jedi skills. And Luke did fly many kinds of stuff back on his planet, together with Biggs or whatever his name is. He also made the Death Star Trench run while many other, much more experienced pilots died. Ok he got saved by Han but still he was the only one left there.

OBI-Ninja
Luke>80%
80%>50%
Luke wins.

Luke beat down Vader in terms of saber fighting , not power. In terms of lightsaber skills, Vader is leagues below Sidious. 80% in terms of power certainly doesn't imply 80% of swordsmanship, since they are two completely different things.

As for Obi-Wan and Anakin being 50% of Dooku, what the hell? just because Dooku effectively took on both at once, it doesn't make him twice as powerful as both. In the duel of the fates, Maul effectively took on both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together, but one on one, both still held their own against Maul. Obi-Wan even outsmarted Maul and took him down. By your logic, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan should have been complete non-factors to Maul when they were separated. Qui-Gon should have been dead before they even reached the room with the shaft, and Obi-Wan shouldn't have done nearly as well as he did against Maul in TPM. Simple math doesn't cut it when it comes to situations like this. And also, keep in mind that the following two are GL sourced facts as well.

1. OT Vader is a declinement from ROTS Anakin.

2. ROTS Anakin, fueled by the dark side, is 200% Sidious.

When GL states that "this guy is 80% of that guy", he is talking about pure power, and it doesn't imply that the guy with more power is guaranteed a victory. ROTS Anakin is 200% of Sidious and I certainly don't think Anakin can defeat Sidious, because of the little experience and control Anakin has. Luke in ROTJ has even little experience, training, and control.

Deus Ex
Luke>80%
80%>50%
Luke wins.

Hm, let's see.

According to hypothesis G(lentract), Dooku = Sidious.

Wrong there.

Let's move on.

If D = S + V = 4/5 of S, then does V = 4/5 D? Proof of this?

More on this.

Luke beat Vader in a fight that was conflicted on both sides and through no great talent or skill. So:

L > V

Therefore, L > A?

You seem to forget that if you're gonna throw around arbitrary numbers and half-assed logic, Glentract, that the original deal of Anakin Skywalker is better than D (Dooku) who is as you say equal to S (Sidious) but 20 % more than Vader? Wait, didn't you say that Dooku through the fight to Anakin? But there's no possible way Vader lost the fight on purpose and/or because of emotional confliction, huh?

That's called bias. Stop being a ROTJ Luke fanboy, Glentract. Numbers = shitall in debates unless they are both ACCURATE and RELEVANT.

Darth_Glentract
Gosh, I was kidding. A Lucas quote might as well be evidence against something. laughing

Deus Ex

*Kicks*

You ass. I thought you were serious.

Anyways, GL would say the moon powers Jar-Jar's libido if it sold movies. I personally don't put much stock in his word when it changes from each dvd special to special. Sheesh. Influenza's more consistant than he is.

xyz jedi
if Anakin got stronger as DV (darth vader),
and Luke was stronger than DV,
then logically luke should be stronger than Anakin.

AOTC Anakin beating ROTJ Luke??? Are you drunk or stupid. I hope this puts an end to your stupidness. I wish I never started this thing.

By the way, ROTS Anakin vs. ROTJ Luke.

darthsith19

AOTC Anakin beating ROTJ Luke??? Are you drunk or stupid. I hope this puts an end to your stupidness. I wish I never started this thing.

But Anakin got weaker when he became Vader and then Vader got even weaker thwn he got cut in half and burnt. But I agree with what you said about AOTC Anakin vs. ROTJ Luke.

Deus Ex

Excuse me, but you are drunk or stupid if you think ROTJ Luke CAN beat AOTC Anakin. I'd like to see the in-depth argument on how Luke could win that doesn't involve the shady victory over Darth Vader.

Oh wait, there is no argument. Hm. Fanboys.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Excuse me, but you are drunk or stupid if you think ROTJ Luke CAN beat AOTC Anakin. I'd like to see the in-depth argument on how Luke could win that doesn't involve the shady victory over Darth Vader.

Oh wait, there is no argument. Hm. Fanboys.

LOL, yeah, like when I gave my reasoning and the only way out of it was for you to say Luke isn't stronger than ROTJ vader and just won by coincidence laughing

Deus Ex
No, not by coincidence, darthsith. Don't put words in my mouth; you tend to do that. The point is the sole reason people think ROTJ Luke can win ANY battle nowdays hinges on the stupid "Well, he beat Vader!!!" Which is of course a stupid ****ing reason because he didn't use any skill, Force powers, or intellect to do it and Vader sure as hell look like he took a dive and he even went so far as to save his son afterwards, so I'd be a little doubting on him ACTUALLY trying to fight and kill his son.

So please, stow it. No argument, ridiculous premise. PT Jedi > OT Jedi anyways. That's George Lucas's thoughts on the matter.

darthsith19
No, not by coincidence, darthsith. Don't put words in my mouth; you tend to do that. The point is the sole reason people think ROTJ Luke can win ANY battle nowdays hinges on the stupid "Well, he beat Vader!!!" Which is of course a stupid ****ing reason because he didn't use any skill, Force powers, or intellect to do it and Vader sure as hell look like he took a dive and he even went so far as to save his son afterwards, so I'd be a little doubting on him ACTUALLY trying to fight and kill his son.

So please, stow it. No argument, ridiculous premise. PT Jedi > OT Jedi anyways. That's George Lucas's thoughts on the matter.

1) Where did GL say this?
2) vader's 80% of Sidious, making Luke more than 80% of Sidious. read the ROTJ novel. Vader wanted to kill Luke more thanLuke wanted to kill Vader. But the point is there's njo way AOTC Anakin's 80% if Sidious. Get over it.

Deus Ex
Jesus, for the last ****ing time...

ROTJ novelisation = noncanon.

It's not. It also says that Luke reflects sith lightning, which he doesn't.
The fight is in question. It is a ?, meaning that when you base you're entire argument off of it you're hinging on a variable.

Second, 80 % OF FORCE POTENTIAL. This is not 80 % FIGHTING UBER SKILL. Jesus, could you people not fudge the numbers? AOTC Anakin IS well over 80% of the Force potential of Sidious, unless Sidious has more Force potential than Yoda which I sincerely doubt and certainly isn't the case.

Now, I'm looking at saber skills and at Force mastery... AOTC Anakin beats ROTJ Luke hands down.

darthsith19
Jesus, for the last ****ing time...

ROTJ novelisation = noncanon.

It's not. It also says that Luke reflects sith lightning, which he doesn't.
The fight is in question. It is a ?, meaning that when you base you're entire argument off of it you're hinging on a variable.

Second, 80 % OF FORCE POTENTIAL. This is not 80 % FIGHTING UBER SKILL. Jesus, could you people not fudge the numbers? AOTC Anakin IS well over 80% of the Force potential of Sidious, unless Sidious has more Force potential than Yoda which I sincerely doubt and certainly isn't the case.

Now, I'm looking at saber skills and at Force mastery... AOTC Anakin beats ROTJ Luke hands down.

Janus, this is an EU form. All EU goies unless contridicted by GL or the movies. And it's not Force potential, it's power. ROTJ Vader' potential was equal to Sidious's. He was currently 80% as powerful as Sidious. Luke was more than that. What part of this don't you get? Seriously, just ebcause technology wasn't as good in 1983 as it is now is no reason for AOTC Ani to be stronger than Luke.

Deus Ex
Oh please. "Just cuz the technology doesn't say so..." I've heard that shit all the time from Luke fanboys. Absolutely tired of it. Look, the movies are the ultimate source of information. They are 100% accurate. They are not "mistaken" or "misrepresented", even barring technology limitations. This is the canon. It's the way it is. I notice you twist and bend rules to fit your opinion, ds, and it's bullshit.

Luke in ROTJ sucked. He was shit with a saber, his Force powers were raw and untamed, and AOTC Anakin would **** him right up one side and down the other.

Tangible God
ROTS Vader would be double the overall power of Sidious WITHOUT a suit. WITH the suit, he goes down to 80%.

ROTJ Vader--was not putting out his full effort in his fight with Luke, he may even have took a dive, we know he's better than what he showed. Luke swung like a teeball player and brought down his "untrying" father.

Vader stood back up despite being beaten and having his hand dismembered. Palpatine, after some 23 years of utter loyalty from Vader, and with his whole concentrion focused on kiling Luke, is completely taking off guard (yes, even him, uh huh huh) when Vader PICKS HIM UP...not defeats him combat, but BENCHPRESSES him!

Vader was not stronger than Palpatine, Luke was not stronger than Vader, that being said then the Vader with the potential of DOUBLE Palpatine's power, minus three years, will still kick the shit out of the Luke that "beat" his future mechanical self.

Darth Magnevus
It depends on the time setting. If it were CW Anikin vs RJ Luke then that would be a good match.

Deus Ex
Wow. Just... wow.

Darth Magnevus
??? i am as you would say bewildered, bemused, puzzled, perplexed, baffled, mystified, nonplussed, muddled, dumbfounded, at sea, at a loss, taken aback, disoriented, disconcerted; informal flummoxed, clueless, fazed, discombobulated, ect...

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth Magnevus
It depends on the time setting. If it were CW Anikin vs RJ Luke then that would be a good match.
CW?
RJ?

Tangible God
Clone Wars-----RETURN of the JEDI.

Darth Magnevus
yes

darthsith19
He was shit with a saber due to technology and because in the OT GL told the actors to swing their blades like they were baseball bats. He was already able to use Force Choke and pick 3PO and his chair up without moving his hands. What do you mean his Force powers sucked? All AOTC Anakin did was make a few small objects float, having to use his hand to do so. And he jumped from a great height without getting hurt. Big deal.

Originally posted by Tangible God
ROTS Vader would be double the overall power of Sidious WITHOUT a suit. WITH the suit, he goes down to 80%.

ROTJ Vader--was not putting out his full effort in his fight with Luke, he may even have took a dive, we know he's better than what he showed. Luke swung like a teeball player and brought down his "untrying" father.

Vader stood back up despite being beaten and having his hand dismembered. Palpatine, after some 23 years of utter loyalty from Vader, and with his whole concentrion focused on kiling Luke, is completely taking off guard (yes, even him, uh huh huh) when Vader PICKS HIM UP...not defeats him combat, but BENCHPRESSES him!

Vader was not stronger than Palpatine, Luke was not stronger than Vader, that being said then the Vader with the potential of DOUBLE Palpatine's power, minus three years, will still kick the shit out of the Luke that "beat" his future mechanical self.

1) With the suit he could get to 100% of Sidious but only ever reached 80%.
2) Vader may not have been trying his hardest to kill Luke but he was certainly trying his hardest not to die, and he failed.
3) Anakin killed the Emperor while he was distracted.

Dush-khan Mabeo
Luke wins

Deus Ex
OMFG... for the last goddamn time, darthsith19...

it's not LACK of technology that makes Luke swing his lightsaber like a moron!

It's not!

He's a BARELY TRAINED FORCE USER!

Can you wrap your mind around that instead of insisting it's poor movie making? Hell, by that logic I can say that ESB Luke is a better saber fighter than ANH Obi-Wan because in ANH the technology sucked. Or better yet, I could say that the animals in the Genosian colleseum are deadlier than the rancor in ROTJ because the rancor looked like shit due to movie making limitations.

See how stupid that is? Don't fall for the dark side of idiocy, darthsith19.

Tangible God
I used to think the same way about Vader's mobility.

Borbarad
See how stupid that is? Don't fall for the dark side of idiocy, darthsith19.

Too late... *shrugs*

Tru_Slice
There is a fine line between SW and reality...

jollyjim311
I could say that the animals in the Genosian colleseum are deadlier than the rancor in ROTJ because the rancor looked like shit due to movie making limitations...

Wouldn't it be the oppisite? Oh well. Just being a smartass again.

Deus Ex
Actually, those animals probably could whup a rancor. It's not the conclusion I have a problem with concerning it... it's the way it's reached. Hence, my point.

jollyjim311
I know, but the way you reached it was backwards from what you wanted. What you should of said is that the rancor would win because they didn't have the technology to show that it was deadlier than the animals in the Geonosian arena.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.