Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
old vs new

is it just me or did deadpool turn kind of lame around the time we learned the real history between him and t ray. i liked him being crazy and snapping sometimes, it fits in with the character. but then they gave him tom cruises face and turned him into a joke. that was no longer funny. does anyone think this is a change for the better? i managed to get all his comics recently and im up to where hes living with a couple of villans. hes changed completly, there is zero depth to him and hes just not funny. someone please tell me it goes back to how it was in issues 1-20ish.

long pig
Pretty much. He's turned into walking fanboy fodder.

Sorta like Spiderman without the funny jokes or the cool powers or deep story.

Nataku8188
It does get better. Just keep on reading.

ScarletSpider
I was not a fan of Casey's run. Gail Simone's stuff was great, and Priest had some overlooked, but great moments. In Cable/Deadpool, I think sometimes Fabian tries to hard to make the character funny, and forces some of the jokes a bit, but most of it's enjoyable and amusing.

8bitChris
I think Niceaza is pretty funny.

Agent X = Awesome
Cable and Deadpool = Awesome
Deadpool's series run has it's up and down moments.

I liked Casey's run.

That andyou can't really call anythin from Deadpool's series run "new" Deadpool anymore. It's kinda old.

Watch out for the haters. A lot of people like him so now they are just "fanboys".

Deadpool is like Spiderman? Since when?

willRules
Deadpool doesn't have anything in common with spider-man except for the slightly simillar costumes.............however they fight in issue 24 of Cable and Deadpool..............

Family_guy725
Originally posted by willRules
Deadpool doesn't have anything in common with spider-man except for the slightly simillar costumes.............however they fight in issue 24 of Cable and Deadpool..............
in one issue of deadpool he was a lot like spidey or i think from the cover

roughrider
So Deadpool is Canadian, apparently? From where?

8bitChris
Originally posted by Family_guy725
in one issue of deadpool he was a lot like spidey or i think from the cover

That was an award winning issue :P.

Basically he went back in time and took over a Spiderman story.

The GLA were involved and DP fought Kraven in the past.

He mimic'd a lot of Spidey's fighting style in the comic; but that was mainly for the humor and parody of the original story.

Comparing Spiderman to Deadpool is like comparing apples to oranges.

Or we should call all people who have ever been funny or made jokes the same.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by willRules

I agree, they really aren't that similar.

On a side note: I'm diggin the new sig!

Decay
his colouring is pretty similar to spiderman but thats about it. deadpool talks alot when hes fighting but takes it to much further lengths than spiderman. they fight kind of the same becuase their both masters at hand to hand so they could look reasonably the same delivering kicks and all. when hes drawn as a serious gun weilding merc he looks really cool. and alot less like spiderman.

willRules
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I agree, they really aren't that similar.

On a side note: I'm diggin the new sig!

Cheers yours is cool as well. It must be cool tohave a bigger sig than everyone else smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.