Shocking rumour: Predator remake?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
Hollywood's insanity got shifted in even higher gear if this is true!

Just came across an article about a possible oncoming remake of the original Predator movie.
According to a wrestling newsletter; John Cena is up for the lead role in the remake, while word goes around that director John McTiernan has been approached by FOX to direct it... All a bit vague, but even these rumours brought tears to my eyes.
The first Predator movie was a pure classic, with all the right elements and chemistry. The remake will be without Arnold, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura and not the least Kevin Peter Hall as the Pred.
Instead we get some void-skull who dares to think he can fill Schwarzenegger's shoes, probably one of those wimps who 'acted' as a Pred in AvP, and a bunch of side characters of which I can't even start to imagine how shallow and redundant they will be.
Further more, it seems John McTiernan has been offered the job to avoid him making a Thomas Crown Affair sequel, as FOX is probably sure of the fact that such a movie will be a leech to the wallet (and they should), so they toss him something like this. Yeah, clever thinking... just fire the sucka!
I could rampage in rage for hours on this, but for now I think my point is clear, Thy shall not remake Predator, or burn in hell forever!

barand1
I'm a HUGE Swchwarzenegger fan!! Predator is one of my best films. When I also heard about this I was shock!! The question is WHY? Why remake a classic? Can't Hollywood think of original material?

What is the world coming to?

I hope they don't remake this film.

'If its remade, we can kill it!'

Solo
Originally posted by barand1
Why remake a classic?

If you haven't noticed, plenty of classics have been being remade.

Anyway, all this is a rumour, don't take it seriously, it won't happen for at least twenty years.

Or maybe, you're getting confused with this movie:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0483778/

Mandorallen
This is nothing but a mere rumor. No worries.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Solo
http://imdb.com/title/tt0483778/
Sounds delightful.

Myth
Wouldn't it not really be a remake unless they actually redesigned the predator costume? I honestly can't imagine it not being a sequel if they use the same costume unless all the people go by the same names. If the characters use different names and the Predator is designed the same, it will just seem like a sequel.

SnakeEyes
This movie's not even that old. A remake already? They really are running out of ideas these days.

Wolfie
Remakes tend to be of movies at least thirty years old. Give it time before we see a Predator remake.

Da preacher
Just remake the original movie?
Like no new plot what so ever?
**** dude, that sucks.

b-dan
ANOTHER REMAKE WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOLLYWOOD AND JHON CENA THIS WILL BE A HORRIBLE MOVIE WHY ARE THEY REMAKING IT PREDATOR HAD ONLY ITS SHARE OF 3 SEQUILS I WOULD WAIT ANOTHER 15 YEARS TOREMAKE IT BUT I DONT WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!!!

Shwartz
This is definitely something to be P.Oed about. Definitely a great movie, and it's not that old. Then to even consider using a "wrestler" to fill Arnold's shoes, nope that won't do.

stunna1773
john cena says that he heard of the predator remake but he thinks he cant replace arnold. and no he had heard no sign of him being in the lead role

stunna1773
the only big strong wrestlers to fit it would be batista or brock lesnar. but they are still tiny compared to arnold

b-dan
who said htey need wrestlers for the part

Shwartz
No one did say that I don't think. I don't think anyone could play that role like Arnold.

Pandemoniac
No need to worry after all, the Predator remake was indeed a mere rumour, scary but false thank god. The idea did pop up in some of Fox's lesser mentally capable associates and their views on the storyboard and possible cast leaked out. None of Fox's chairmen even approved to it and none of the supposed stars were ever approached for this.
It's not gonna happen (at least for now)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.