Cin Drallig vs. Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OBI-Ninja
I see Cin Drallig threads all over the place, so I'll make one too...

Darth Avis
Cin

He was council level and probably the 5th best jedi in the pt. Also he acually used saber combat forms instead of running around with his sword like a moron (lol exagerated)

OBI-Ninja
I personally thing Katarn would take this because, having mastered both dark and light side techniques and slaughtered countless number of dark jedi, he has quite a bit of fighting experience while I know little to none about Cin, except for the fact that he was defeated (and I heard quite easily) by Anakin in ROTS. But since I don't have concrete proof of Cin being superior because I know very little about him, my opinion can easily be changed.

OBI-Ninja
Oh yeah, and who were the other three people who voted for Katarn?

Deus Ex
I voted Cin just now. And I am having a major deja vu moment right now. Huh.

Anyways, yeah.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by OBI-Ninja
I personally thing Katarn would take this because, having mastered both dark and light side techniques and slaughtered countless number of dark jedi, he has quite a bit of fighting experience while I know little to none about Cin, except for the fact that he was defeated (and I heard quite easily) by Anakin in ROTS. But since I don't have concrete proof of Cin being superior because I know very little about him, my opinion can easily be changed. Cin was killed just to show how powerful Anakin became. also we have no idea how many troopers were surrounding cin. It was a 3 sec hologram that didnt even show anakin winning.

Kyle didnt master both sides. Dark jedi back then were probobly weaker then GG. A lot weaker.

Deus Ex
Actually, dark troopers could whup some ass.

OBI-Ninja
Anakin had power but hardly any control or experience on it. He was relatively hot-headed and arrogant and thought far too much of himself. True, we cannot judge the fight by how little we know, but Anakin had to have won otherwise the rest of the movie wouldn't make sense.

Forgive me for using the term "mastered". I was trying to say that he could use both sides of the force quite effectively (especially in JK and JK II).

As for the dark jedi, they did get power from the Valley of the Jedi, power from like hundreds of jedi combined. That should count for something.

Borbarad
Originally posted by OBI-Ninja
Oh yeah, and who were the other three people who voted for Katarn?

I was one of them.
Kyle wasted the entire Dark Trooper project and defeated Boba Fett before becoming a force user and you have Vader (in the end of DF) saying that whoever did that must have some huge amount of force potential. That statement was repeated by Qu Rahn in JK who sensed Kyle's potential when Kyle was a child.

And seeing what Kyle has done so far after learning about the force (developing enough force powers and lightsaber skills to defeat Jerec and his followers without training, then Desann and his Dark Jedi army with some basic training in the Academy) I think that he might be able to take Cin but since we know basically nothing about Cin except that he was the orders lightsaber instructor and had council level force powers I'm not sure.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Avis
Cin was killed just to show how powerful Anakin became. also we have no idea how many troopers were surrounding cin. It was a 3 sec hologram that didnt even show anakin winning.

Kyle didnt master both sides. Dark jedi back then were probobly weaker then GG. A lot weaker.

Back then? Show's how much you know.

Katarn takes this. If this is his JKA incarnation, he has too much force mastery and experience.

Darth Avis
ohh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woops i meant then not back then

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Borbarad
I was one of them.
Kyle wasted the entire Dark Trooper project and defeated Boba Fett before becoming a force user and you have Vader (in the end of DF) saying that whoever did that must have some huge amount of force potential. That statement was repeated by Qu Rahn in JK who sensed Kyle's potential when Kyle was a child.

And seeing what Kyle has done so far after learning about the force (developing enough force powers and lightsaber skills to defeat Jerec and his followers without training, then Desann and his Dark Jedi army with some basic training in the Academy) I think that he might be able to take Cin but since we know basically nothing about Cin except that he was the orders lightsaber instructor and had council level force powers I'm not sure. Yea our lack of knowlege on cin sucks

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Darth Avis
Cin was killed just to show how powerful Anakin became. also we have no idea how many troopers were surrounding cin. It was a 3 sec hologram that didnt even show anakin winning.

about the part where u said we dont know if clones blasted him

http://aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/imgview.php?id=01276

Darth Avis
(sorry to sound rude) Oh wow anakin attacks and cin parries. There may be troops behind them behind cin or behind anakin. Anakin wouldn't challenge cin without some insurance

Deus Ex
Yeah, that's one pic. Meanwhile, Senator Organa says in the movie that he saw thousands of clone troopers attacking the temple. The fires could be seen across Coruscant. It was still a less than ideal situation, and since the hologram never shows the killing blow, we can only speculate that Anakin beat Cin at a disadvantage. This tells us nothing of his skill, since I can take a Navy SEAL if I have a proper advantage.

Darth_Glentract
Katarn has this.

darthsith19
I said Cin. I dunno, according to Dooku's he's strong enough to kill Grievous. Can the same be said for Kyle? Hard to say. And I'm really not sure who'd win this. But I'm leaning on Cin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.