Favorite Spoofs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
What are some of your favorite spoof movies?

Mandorallen
Spaceballs
Loaded weapon 1
Airplane!
Naked gun
Naked gun 22 1/2
Naked gun 33 1/3
hot shots 2

Wolfie
Oh yeah, I forgot to put SpaceBalls and Loaded Weapon in the poll. I didn't put much thought into it because I knew I wasn't going to cover nearly all the good ones.

jaden101
dont be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood

DeVi| D0do
Does Shrek count? big grin

Flying High/Airplane! is hillarious!

StinkFist462
Dont be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood

not another teen movie.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Does Shrek count? big grin

Well Shrek isn't really a spoof, it just has referances that are spoof-like.

Wolfie
Shrek is a satire of fairy tales, not really a spoof.

Spoofs tend to make direct references to other movies, are usually live-action (I can't think of any that aren't), and are ridiculous.

A very good one, though it may not appear that way when you see it in the Walmart $5.50 bin, is Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th. I think it's a damn shame that Scary Movie was all popular while Shriek is DTV.

Cinemaddiction
I pretty much live for spoofs, given they're done right;

Airplane!
Top Secret!
Mafia!
Hot Shots!
Hot Shots: Part Deux
Scary Movie 3
Shriek If You Know..
Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
Naked Gun Trilogy
Nat'l Lampoons Loaded Weapon 1
CB4
Don't Be A Menace..
Kentucky Fried Movie
Spaceballs
Wrongfully Accused
Kung Pow

Spy Hard was actually pretty pathetic, Not Another Teen Movie was too...teen humour for me, and naturally there have been some other somewhat decent spoofs.

BackFire
Spaceballs

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Spy Hard was actually pretty pathetic, Not Another Teen Movie was too...teen humour for me, and naturally there have been some other somewhat decent spoofs.
I thought Spy Hard was okay. It was better than 2001: A Space Travesty but not nearly as good as Wrongfully Accused.

Not Another Teen Movie I found hilarious for some reason, I figured it would be as bad as the first two Scary Movies. I wounded up really liking it.

DeVi| D0do
Space Travesty was awful.

Imperial_Samura
Spaceballs!!!

dizzyblondegirl
love spaceballs

Ripcord
Spaceballs is amazing. But so is everything Mel Brooks does. Also really enjoyed Not Another Teen Movie. Spoofs make me laught. smile

mattador
yes, Spaceballs yes

Impediment
I can't believe no one here mentioned "Blazing Saddles". It's, bar none, my favorite spoof of all time. Other honorable mentions (which I own):

Spaceballs
Airplane!
Top Secret!
Hot Shots!
Hot Shots! Part Deux
The Naked Gun trilogy
Scary Movie
Kentucky Fried Movie
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

I personally thought movies like Mafia!, and the Scary movie sequels were too corny. They're watchable, but I dont own the DVD's.

Wolfie
Blazing Saddles is hilarious, I love it, but would that be considered a spoof?

Impediment
Absolutely. Mel Brooks spoofed the enitre Western movie genre with Blazing saddles. Think about it: Airplane! spoofed all those dramatic crisis-on-an-airplane flicks, Naked Gun spoofed cop movies, and even Top Secret! spoofed espionage/spy flicks. Blazing Saddles did just that for westerns. Brooks reportedly offered a cameo role to The Duke himself, John Wayne. But Wayne respectfully declined stating, "Sorry Mel, I can't be in a western film with the line "Blow it out your ass!', but I'll be the first one in line to see it."

Myth
#1: UHF

Other greats: Spy Hard, Mafia, History of the World Part 1

Impediment
How could UHF be considered a spoof, instead of just a really silly (and deranged) movie? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this flick, but I dunno if I'd call it "Spoof", seeing as how it doesn't necessarily spoof anything.

Wolfie
I'd call it a spoof 'cause it's ridiculous like one. It does satire a lot of movies while doing really stupid stuff you would only see in a spoof (Weird Al's face being stretched).

Impediment
True. Like all of Weird Al's daydreams of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Rambo, that Dire Straits video, and whatever else. I guess that could be construed as spoofy, but keep in mind that movies like Dumb & Dumber, Kingpin, and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy are also silly/ridiculous/deranged in their style of comedy, just like UHF. Movies like Naked Gun, Top Secret, Hot Shots, and Blazing Saddles are making fun of other movies 100% throughout the movie, whereas UHF has its own silly storyline, but its not poking fun at other movies 100% through the movie except for when George (Weird Al) has his daydreams. Silly and wacky? Oh, hell yeah. Spoof? Nah. I don't think so.

Blue_Butterfly
Spaceballs big grin

cameron666
Spaceballs

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
True. Like all of Weird Al's daydreams of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Rambo, that Dire Straits video, and whatever else. I guess that could be construed as spoofy, but keep in mind that movies like Dumb & Dumber, Kingpin, and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy are also silly/ridiculous/deranged in their style of comedy, just like UHF. Movies like Naked Gun, Top Secret, Hot Shots, and Blazing Saddles are making fun of other movies 100% throughout the movie, whereas UHF has its own silly storyline, but its not poking fun at other movies 100% through the movie except for when George (Weird Al) has his daydreams. Silly and wacky? Oh, hell yeah. Spoof? Nah. I don't think so.
Yeah, I guess you have a point there.

laughing out loud Maybe I should've just not made a poll.

Cinemaddiction
Actually, "UHF" is a spoof of the movie "Network". It spoofs other films as well, in the programs they feature.

It very much belongs in the poll. It was myt favorite parody until "Shaun of the Dead" came along.

Impediment
Hmmm......"Network"? Never heard of it. Is it any good?

tabby999
Not Another Teen Movie was an odd one. i thought it was funny in places, but as a whole the movie just didn't do it for me. its trying WAY to hard to be funny to do it properly

Wolfie
Maybe I liked Not Another Teen Movie so much because my expectations were so low, seeing as it was trying to score off the popularity of Scary Movie. Nevertheless, I find it hilarious.

"I'm supposed to get her. I'm the loser best friend that's been in love with her forever and she's going to finally realize that."
"But I'm the reformed popular guy that's learned the error of his ways."
"You're right!"
*runs*

laughing out loud

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Actually, "UHF" is a spoof of the movie "Network". It spoofs other films as well, in the programs they feature.

It very much belongs in the poll. It was myt favorite parody until "Shaun of the Dead" came along.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" laughing

Lord Shadow Z
Hotshots 1+2
Loaded Weapon 1
Blazing Saddles
Scary Movie 1 (the sequels were awful and not funny)

I would also put Spaceballs on there but I honestly can't remember what it was like when I first watched it.

papabeard
Im gonna git you sucka
Airplane
Not another teen movie

Dracula Dead and Loving It
Silence of the hams.........
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.