On Homosexuality & Religion [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Preciousdagger
I wanted 2 know what yall thought about gay people. (An no I'm not gay I just have no problems)

cking
yes

joeykangaroo
yes kinda

FeceMan
Methinks being gay isn't a sin, but having a homosexual relationship is.

cking
I wonder if you ever read this before:so a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife. And the two people will become one flesh.

cking
homosexuality is a hated sin in the bible, in every book of it tells how hated it is.

cking
God didn't create Adam and Steve, but Adam and eve.

FeceMan
Originally posted by cking
homosexuality is a hated sin in the bible, in every book of it tells how hated it is.
Don't talk.

finti
only sin in this is consider being gay a sin

gay and having a homosexual relationship is a symbiosis, to say gay aint a sin but homosexual relationship is is the same as saying murder aint a sin but killing someone is

debbiejo
Everythings a sin......according to the church....

cking
how can that be?

debbiejo
how can that be?

Well, the church says we're all sinners, doesn't it?

cking
that is true, but it looked like you were saying everything we do, like walk, breath, and eat are sins.

joeykangaroo
God didn't create Adam and Steve, but Adam and eve.
lmaooooo laughing out loud how true

cking
we are all sinners when we were born and we were lost.

debbiejo
we are all sinners when we were born and we were lost.

So it doesn't matter what you do then according to that thinking. People are already dooooomed.

AngelGirl
Originally posted by Preciousdagger
I wanted 2 know what yall thought about gay people. (An no I'm not gay I just have no problems)
no being gay is not a sin! no one can help being who they realy r! smile

cking
true, but they don't have to be like that.

cking
yes they can

joeykangaroo
well is being bi. a sin then because thats in between

cking
it is a sin to for a I have read several books in the bible about this and it wasn't so good.

AngelGirl
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
well is being bi. a sin then because thats in between
no it is not! y r u? no one can help being who they realy r!

AngelGirl
it is a sin to for a I have read several books in the bible about this and it wasn't so good.
thebible is not always right! this is the 21st centery people don't always have 2 be dictated 2 by a small book!

cking
yes they can they choose to be that way and by noting else for the bible says so.

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by AngelGirl
no it is not! y r u? no one can help being who they realy r!
no..are you

yeh that was for the people who thought being gay was a sin, i already know you dont think it is

cking
the bible is perfect written by God to his prophets and to us. IT is the breath of God, the living word.

PloKoon Forever
yup, it is a sin

AngelGirl
no..are you

yeh that was for the people who thought being gay was a sin, i already know you dont think it is
no i'm not

AngelGirl
the bible is perfect written by God to his prophets and to us. IT is the breath of God, the living word.
i'm a christian! but wat u just said was a load of rubbish!

Storm
Religious intolerance disgust

joeykangaroo
the bible is perfect written by God to his prophets and to us. IT is the breath of God, the living word. well i dont believe in god and couldnt care about some precious book so for me "sin" is probably the wrong word.
i just dont think its right for say 2 men to be sleeping together, although its true they cant help what feelings they have

cking
really! would a real Christian say that?

joeykangaroo
ive been baptised but i dont believe in god, jesus or any of the stories in the bible

AngelGirl
well who's 2 say da bible is right? as it was written by sum one so many years ago. like chinease wispers things change every time u repeat them!

cking
Alot of people say they are Christians, but turned out to be not, but false prophets wanting to cause trouble.

cking
so your not a christian

cking
real christians believe in jesus and do what God says is right.

AngelGirl
really! would a real Christian say that?
i av my realigous rights and my own rights! judging sum one by their sexuality is the same as judging sum one cuz of the coulor of their skin!

joeykangaroo
so your not a christian
what because she doesnt dedicate her life to a book?

AngelGirl
Alot of people say they are Christians, but turned out to be not, but false prophets wanting to cause trouble.
so u think tat u av all the awnsers do u? so i guess u would rather be the passers by then the good sumariton. if u read the bible properly you will notice that it controdicts it self sevrel times!

cking
We dedicate our life to Christ, because he is the son of God, the prime example of perfection. The bible we lead us in everything we do.

AngelGirl
well i dont believe in god and couldnt care about some precious book so for me "sin" is probably the wrong word.
i just dont think its right for say 2 men to be sleeping together, although its true they cant help what feelings they have
don't u think tat every one disurves the right 2 be happy?

cking
God has the answers, I don't I'm just a witness of Christ.

cking
yes everyone deserves it and Jesus will make it happen for everyone.

joeykangaroo
i personally think thats sad
people dedicate there lifes on something that probably doesnt even exist, living theres lives with false hopes hoping to go to "heaven",if there is 1, to live life by the bible would mean to do no wrong what so ever?- and thats not human, we makes mistakes and learn from them

joeykangaroo
don't u think tat every one disurves the right 2 be happy? thats why at the end i put "although they cant help their feelings" to make my point on both sides. its not like i said they cant im just saying for me it doesnt seem all that right.
and yeh they deserve the right to be happy -did i say they didnt

cking
really! you think everything here is a fluke.

AngelGirl
i personally think thats sad
people dedicate there lifes on something that probably doesnt even exist, living theres lives with false hopes hoping to go to "heaven",if there is 1, to live life by the bible would mean to do no wrong what so ever?- and thats not human, we makes mistakes and learn from them
i can understan where ur cumin from but religon means alot 2 sum people it's how they survive life!

finti
I think it is great that some followers of a certain religion judging others ways to be sinful and being sinners themselves doing so, yeah hypocrisy at its best

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by finti
I think it is great that some followers of a certain religion judging others ways to be sinful and being sinners themselves doing so, yeah hypocrisy at its best
lol explain futher

cking
true happiness is from God, we have true happiness, because Jesus forgave us when died on the cross for our sins.

finti
according to their faith it is not their job to pass judgment, it is their god, so by passing judgment they sin against one of the rules that they think put them above ohter of different views

cking
God is the supreme judge.

joeykangaroo
i can understan where ur cumin from but religon means alot 2 sum people it's how they survive life! i know but for me it seems like faulse hopes, and modeling my life around something i dont know certainly exsists is too risky.

finti
if that is so why so hung up in gays and their ways being sinful

cking
We don't judge, only God judges. For it says don't judge or you will be judged.

finti
yet christians try to challange that

joeykangaroo
true happiness is from God, we have true happiness, because Jesus forgave us when died on the cross for our sins. for you yes, but i dont see how he/she is giving you this happiness...is it just your personal satisfaction that your followong him?

cking
it is against God's will because he created man and woman for each other.

AngelGirl
yes they can they choose to be that way and by noting else for the bible says so.
they don't choos it's a cromozone in ur body, ur iver born gay or straight that is how the world works!

cking
not our satisfaction, but God's

finti
didnt you answer yes to being gay is a sin, by saying yes you agree and condem gays of being sinners, or in other words you took it on yourself and judge them

joeykangaroo
according to their faith it is not their job to pass judgment, it is their god, so by passing judgment they sin against one of the rules that they think put them above ohter of different views ohhh okay i get you, but people cant help passing judgement. When you meet someone the first thing you do is judge even if its subconsciously

cking
really! then why did God say it is a sin?

finti
its a aginst your gods will for you to be judgmental as well

joeykangaroo
not our satisfaction, but God's how do you knwo he gets satisfaction from it? theres no way of telling

finti
well then they are no less sinners than the one they accuse

cking
we don't condemn gays, only God is the true judge of that. We follow his word and if says it is a sin, it is a sin.

cking
We are all sinners, the only difference is we have hope in Jesus.

AngelGirl
cking by wat u av been saying a gay person would b put in the same catorgery as a rapeist in ur eyes! and if tat is true then its a sad world!

finti
and by doing so you judge others which also is a sin

so do many gays, guess this is wherethe choice of giving man free will come back and bites your god in the ass

AngelGirl
didnt you answer yes to being gay is a sin, by saying yes you agree and condem gays of being sinners, or in other words you took it on yourself and judge them
u r so right! its about time i had some back up here!

joeykangaroo
i dont think being gay is that much of a problem. the world has evolved since adam and eve, but compairing it to the bible i think it would be "sinning", i think its just i dont like the thought of 2 men doing each other,but what the heck-whatever rocks your boat.

cking
we don't judge people, saying things are wrong and judging are both totally different.

cking
just because someone says it is wrong, doesn't mean they are judging them.

Storm
we don't condemn gays, only God is the true judge of that. We follow his word and if says it is a sin, it is a sin.
If god came down and told us that it wanted us to steal, lie, hurt others... would you do it? I wouldn' t. I value other human beings - my consideration for other people is not based upon what god tells me to do.

PS: Don' t double, triple post. Use the edit button instead!

joeykangaroo
didnt you answer yes to being gay is a sin, by saying yes you agree and condem gays of being sinners, or in other words you took it on yourself and judge them true

finti
you pass judgment on saying it is wrong, that little law of yours is a double edged sword

AngelGirl
just because someone says it is wrong, doesn't mean they are judging them.
well if ur saying that all gay's r siners then wat do u think ur doing? throughing a tea party

AngelGirl
Then ten comandments:
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

5. Honor your father and your mother:

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness.

10. You shall not covet.

joeykangaroo
just because someone says it is wrong, doesn't mean they are judging them. but your judging them by and then coming to the conclusion they are sinners and what they are doing is wrong.

cking
I don't pass judgement on no one. I say what Jesus says is wrong and so it is wrong. Jesus has the authority to judge people. I don't want to judge people and I don't. I only say what is wrong and right, that is all.

cking
Christians encourage people, not hurt them.

AngelGirl
which of thoose above says that u can't be gay?

cking
we are all sinners

joeykangaroo
I don't pass judgement on no one. I say what Jesus says is wrong and so it is wrong. Jesus has the authority to judge people. I don't want to judge people and I don't. I only say what is wrong and right, that is all.

i thought you had to judge something to decide wether its right or wrong. and yeh you are passing judgment fool

Storm
Know your history.

AngelGirl
so jesus said to his people
do not murder, do not steal, do not be gay?

AngelGirl
by saying wat is wrong and wat is right is judging

joeykangaroo
encourage to do what? not be gay? convert to their religion?

debbiejo
Jesus never said being gay was a sin...He taught to love each other.

AngelGirl
Originally posted by Storm
Know your history.
y wat do u no about him?

cking
God will judge all of us and there will be two judgements one for the saints and the great white throne judgement which is the judgement of the ones who don't follow Christ.

Storm
y wat do u no about him?
The history of Christianity and violence.

AngelGirl
God will judge all of us and there will be two judgements one for the saints and the great white throne judgement which is the judgement of the ones who don't follow Christ.
y don't u awnser my posts is it cuz u av no argument?

AngelGirl
Originally posted by Storm
The history of Christianity and violence.
oh!

debbiejo
Very violent history......the worst ever.....

AngelGirl
Originally posted by debbiejo
Very violent history......the worst ever.....
so do u think it is a sin?

cking
yes, but still God says it is a hated sin in the Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah. You ever hear of this, love the sinner, hate the sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. it even says in the first five books of the law.

cking
I don't want to argue with people, you believe what you believe. My purpose here was to witness to people, not to argue.

AngelGirl
yes, but still God says it is a hated sin in the Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah. You ever hear of this, love the sinner, hate the sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. it even says in the first five books of the law.
night night. u better go 2 bed b4 the fallen angel cums!

joeykangaroo
I don't want to argue with people, you believe what you believe. My purpose here was to witness to people, not to argue.
witness to people, its not like you have witnessed gods presence

Storm
You ever hear of this, love the sinner, hate the sin.
Yes I have heard of it and I find it a rather arrogant and condescending thing to say.

cking
I just hope to God that some people will believe then if they don't then that is a choice a person has to make.

cking
witnessing is when a believer in Jesus tells the good news about Jesus and hopefully they will believe also.

cking
you believe what you believe

Storm
Edit your post instead of double, triple posting! It is extremely irritating.

cking
people deserve to know the truth and the truth will set them free. If you don't want to know it then that is fine by you. it is your choice.

cking
sorry

Storm
Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

joeykangaroo
true everyone has their own choice

debbiejo
so do u think it is a sin?

No..though I don't understand it..

cking
the book is the word of God, it is like a double edged sword. it pierces the heart of man and convicts them of sin. Jesus had a doubled edged sword that symbolizes the word of God and he destroyed his enemies with it in revelations.

debbiejo
the book is the word of God, it is like a double edged sword. it pierces the heart of man and convicts them of sin. Jesus had a doubled edged sword that symbolizes the word of God and he destroyed his enemies with it in revelations.

But Jesus doesn't have any enemies.

cking
Jesus he does the unbelievers in Christ or Antichrist. a person in their heart is a enemy of god when they deny christ. for jesus says if they aren't for me they are against me, and if they are against me, then they are for me.

cking
sorry for the misspelled words.

cking
read Revelations, you will find out.

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by debbiejo
But Jesus doesn't have any enemies.
yeh i though jesus and god loved everyone

cking
yes, but still people will hate god, despite God will do good things to them.

cyrana
i see that some of you do not know what this cking is talking about!?...

the fact is that Christians BELIEVE that Bible is written by GOD himself...So, if you know that information, then it is more understendable why they are passing judgments!They simply believe that Bible is Gods book and that everything inside of it is PURE truth-that is why cking is telling you that to be gay is sin-not becauase he is judging them, but because he BELIEVES he is telling the truth (cause he is reffering to Bible)!!!....

and question for cking: what if there is 1%of probability that Bible was actually written by man who was inspired by satan, not God? Or who was just creative man and bored and didnt know what to do than to write this huge book? IM ASKING YOU how can you be sure?

cking
thanks, no not one word was created from man, if it was it will never make it and it wouldn't exist today. God clearly says in Revelations that if anyone writes or adds to this book, curses will be on them. Some parts of bible also says that it is he who wrote it, not the prophets they were suppose to carry out his plans.

cyrana
well anyone can say that he is God and that he wrote something...it doesnt proove that God himself wrote it.......and you say that the proof is because it survived thousands of years-but many other books survived also the test of time, so are they also from God? And im wandering if God is our creator, how can anything be outside of him???

all is one, isnt it?

cyrana
and one more thing-you said that Jesus was crucified and thus released us from our sins?! How come to be gay is still a sin then?

markie
really! would a real Christian say that? But which one are we supposed to believe? Just because it says holy bible doesn't mean it's either holy or the bible.

markie
thanks, no not one word was created from man, if it was it will never make it and it wouldn't exist today. God clearly says in Revelations that if anyone writes or adds to this book, curses will be on them. Some parts of bible also says that it is he who wrote it, not the prophets they were suppose to carry out his plans. The muslims believe the bible was devinely inspired too, they think it's been corupted but it was devinely inspired. I think they believe whatever doesn't contradict the quran.

cking
it is still a sin. Jesus died for our sin, he said he would carry the burden for our guilt. All they have to do is repent of their sin and come back to God. Jesus provided a better way that the old covenant law could not do. God become jesus in human form, all human all God to break the spell of death. No human can save themselves from sin, so God took human form to save the unrighteous. The bible is a totally different book from the rest of them. While jesus said, both earth and heaven can pass away the word of God will still be standing. listen to this: before the world began, there was the world. The word was with God, and the word was God. He was with god in the beginning. All things were made through him. Nothing was made without him. In him there was life. That life was light for the people of the world. The light shines in the darkness. And the darkness has not overpowered the light.

finti
the same bible tell them not to pass judgment so either does the book contradict itself or the follower of it really dont get it. Cause by telling what is wrong according to the book is to pass judgment

debbiejo
Let me get my book. huh reading

finti
read them and weep two black aces two black eights and nine of diamonds

debbiejo
OK....new game...I'll open with $5

finti
i see your 5 and raise you 10

cyrana
the same bible tell them not to pass judgment so either does the book contradict itself or the follower of it really dont get it. Cause by telling what is wrong according to the book is to pass judgment

well, youre wrightl...but i guess judgment here means everything that doesnt belong to bible---if it does,than it is truth, thus not a judgment huh

cking
not all all men are judged non guilty or guilty yet until judgement day. Christians are more at ease than any other group because they know through they are saved through grace. they are not guilty.

Storm
Vanity, one of the seven deadly sins.

cking
sin is sin, only God judges, we only identify sin and we help people overcome it. If a person loves to sin then that is their problem, we can only warn them about the consequences. Then after that God will judge them based on their actions.

cking
being fat is one of them also.

finti
one of what

cking
seven is God's number. Jews have seven candles that represent that.

cking
seven deadly sins

debbiejo
Some of their menorahs are 12 candles...12 tribes...

cking
true and also 12 disciples

joeykangaroo
omg did you say being fat is a sin...or did i read it wrong?:/

cking
it really is

joeykangaroo
laughing out loud you having a laugh!

so god forbids anyone from becoming fat....
wow thats harsh

cking
when we overate, we are destroying our body and that is a sin in god's eyes, I mean who wants to be fat anyway, it would never feel right.

lilmisskitten
What if there was a fat person reading this that would be sooo offensive

joeykangaroo
lol i know yeah-for them to find out god hates them because they are "fat"

shame

cking
true.

cking
God doesn't hate know anyone just the sin.

joeykangaroo
what the sin? food?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>