Silver Surfer now or Silver Surfer when he was a Herald of Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Just wondering

Mindship
I'm not sure where the Surfer is now. When he debuted in his first comic, he had a tiny fraction of his original power. If he hasnt changed since, then SS now wouldnt stand a chance against SS then.

radioboy121
I'm not sure what the topic is referring to. If this is a vs. match, then this will have to be moved to the vs. thread.

If that's the case, the herald Silver Surfer before confronting 616 Earth was probably not much different than the current Silver Surfer (but with a little less experience), except that after an unspecified amount of time, he had little qualms of sacrificing a sentient world to his master, which is now taboo to him. As there is little reference to him in the past and the fact that Surfer can't remember some of his former events, this would be hard to evaluate. Still, I think future Surfer has the advantage (experience outside of heralding work).

If the thread is based on who you like more, as said before the past Surfer is less known so of course I would favor newer Surfer.

If I'm translating this incorrectly, please tell me.

golem370
I thought that Galactus took some of his powers away when he helped the FF

Mindship
Originally posted by golem370
I thought that Galactus took some of his powers away when he helped the FF

FF#50: Galactus stripped him of his space-time powers for turning against him.

FF#72: SS loses all but a fraction of his power to the sonic shark (great story, but the most bogus deus ex machina ending I have seen in a long time). Likely, this was done to prep SS for his debut series. He was probably considered too powerful (therefore too hard to write about) for a leading character.

I dont know if between then and now--especially after he was allowed to roam the cosmos again--if much of SS's power was restored.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.