Arthur C. Clarke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord krondor
I have finally finished reading 3001. In case you haven't read it, but have read 2001, it isn't very good. In fact I will say it blows. So does 2061, and to a degree, 2010. I, like most people, loved 2001; the book and the movie. However, dear Arthur seems to have suffered a stroke after writing 2001 and, subsequently, his future writing reflects it.

I understand that you may disagree (or hopefully agree) with me. So let us discuss this series and all the pros/cons of it. Oh, and what the hell were the monoliths doing at the end of 3001? Were they going to block the suns? How does blocking the suns bring the AWESOME end of humanity. I understand that we can't live without the sun, but this seems like a primitive way of dealing with "ants".

Oh, *"SPOILER ALERT!!!"

Rambo
I have alot of respect for Arthur C. Clark but his books are too....difficult to understand. I agree that 2001 is a masterpiece and 3001 is crappy. The only other 2 books of his that i enjoy are Childhoods end and Rendevous with Rama. An interesting fact about 2001, is that Stanley kubrick helped him write the book way back in 1968.

lord krondor
Isn't hilarious that the beginning of the movie 'Independence Day' completely ripped of 'Childhoods End'?

lord krondor
Kubrick is a genius. One of the greatest movie makers of all-time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.