Satan's Little Helper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
I just finished watching a little, unknown film called Satan's Little Helper, and I have to say I thought it was pretty awesome. I'd definately recommend it for everyone.

Has anyone else seen it? If so, what did you think?

I thought it was excellent, a worthy addition to the top of the line slashers in the genre.

kmcdude
Awesome, I will track this down and post my thoughts!

Wolfie
I saw little previews of this and production photos. I heard really bad things once it came out so I wasn't planning on seeing it. Plus, from what I saw, it looked very DTV.

But since you liked it, BF, I might check it out.

Impediment
I looked it up at the official site, looks interesting. I'll have to rent it this weekend. Amanda Plummer looks like hell from the pictures I saw, but I think she has lotsa talent. How would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, BackFire?

novice
Kmcdude.. do not reach for that dvd... your eyes will swell with pus and your balls will fall off....

THAT MOVIE SUCKED SO BAD it made the Blair Witch Project 2 look like an Osacr nominee...

Maybe Backfire meant it was excellent as a B grade movie, but even at that level I am inclined to disagree.

The plot was almost entirely predictable, acting was bad, and the little helper was a nuisance. I would have been glad to stuff some toffee apples down his throat to shut him up.. permanently.

BackFire
It is far superior to BW2.

It was an excellent B grade movie, and a very good campy horror film as well.

The plot was no more predictable then the other crappy horror films that have been coming out lately, at least this one didn't feel the need to have a generic twist ending or anything stupid like that.

It was a fun, entertaining movie with some interesting and funny scenes.

I suggest people check it out for themselves and decide what they think. If you can waste money on movies like The Grudge and The Ring, then this is definately worth your time and money.

novice
I felt the Grudge (haven't seen the Ring yet) had more shock value than this B (minus minus minus) grade movie. No?

How does one even begin to draw such a comparison anyway? The Grudge isn't even attempting at humor.
SLH's credibility DEPENDS on humor.. black humor...
It was not scary AT ALL. No Thrills! No suspense!

For e.g. in SLH:

Jenna: "When you were trick-or-treating, did Satan kill...?"
Douglas: "When we were trick-or-treating, he threw a guy out of the window"
Jenna: "Was it a big brick house? <Gasp> that man was ..."

The fictional community of Bell Island must have very many tiny brick houses or very few brick houses for this DUMB BLONDE to play Ms. Shirley Holmes so "convincingly".

I know i know.. I probably should be laughing at this scene.
But it reeks of utter stupidity that culling instead of laughing becomes my natural reflex.

Of course everyone is entitled to find out for themselves.
I was only exaggerating when I said what I said to kmcdude.
(in case you didn't know, the makers of SLH have yet to come up with a dvd version that will swell eyes and make balls fall off)

Funny you didn't get that humor, Back Fire.
Given how you found SLH entirely hilarious...

I felt people deserved a second opinion in light of your shining recommendation to Satan's Little Helper.

p.s. I did like Satan's costume though wink

Nevermind
I think I may have seen this movie in a $10 bin or something, sounds really familiar.

Wolfie
It's doubtful, it came out not too long ago.

BackFire
Originally posted by novice
I felt the Grudge (haven't seen the Ring yet) had more shock value than this B (minus minus minus) grade movie. No?

How does one even begin to draw such a comparison anyway? The Grudge isn't even attempting at humor.
SLH's credibility DEPENDS on humor.. black humor...
It was not scary AT ALL. No Thrills! No suspense!

For e.g. in SLH:

Jenna: "When you were trick-or-treating, did Satan kill...?"
Douglas: "When we were trick-or-treating, he threw a guy out of the window"
Jenna: "Was it a big brick house? <Gasp> that man was ..."

The fictional community of Bell Island must have very many tiny brick houses or very few brick houses for this DUMB BLONDE to play Ms. Shirley Holmes so "convincingly".

I know i know.. I probably should be laughing at this scene.
But it reeks of utter stupidity that culling instead of laughing becomes my natural reflex.

Of course everyone is entitled to find out for themselves.
I was only exaggerating when I said what I said to kmcdude.
(in case you didn't know, the makers of SLH have yet to come up with a dvd version that will swell eyes and make balls fall off)

Funny you didn't get that humor, Back Fire.
Given how you found SLH entirely hilarious...

I felt people deserved a second opinion in light of your shining recommendation to Satan's Little Helper.

p.s. I did like Satan's costume though wink

The only thing shocking about the grudge was it's popularity given it's generic, heartless and boring tone. At least SLH had heart, and you can tell the guy who made the movie enjoys the genre that he's participating in, which is more then I can say for the maker of the grudge.

Your complaint sounds like simplistic gnit-picking to me. Who cares if the description of the house was vague? You can't expect, nor should you care about, grade A dialogue from a low budget horror film. Some of the best horror films of all time have horrible dialogue and sloppy story telling, it really isn't an important aspect in a movie like this. It's about atmosphere and, in this movie's case, simple fun filled, gruesome entertainment. Bottom line - If you're going to hold bad acting and some bad dialogue against a low budget horror film, you probably shouldn't be watching movies of this type.

I'm sorry, what humor didn't I get? Just because I didn't find your joke funny doesn't mean I didn't get it, wasn't much to get, in all honesty.

novice
"You can't expect, nor should you care about, grade A dialogue from a low budget horror film. Some of the best horror films of all time have horrible dialogue and sloppy story telling"

So what you're telling me is I cannot expect grade A dialogue from
low budget horror films AND possibly some of the best horror classics?

Would you care to name me, Mr Moderator sir, a classic with bad dialogue?
I'm not trying to provoke, just would like to know, please, kind sir.

And i apologize that you found my opinion "simplistic gnit-picking".
I thought you wanted to know what other people THOUGHT about the movie...
I hadn't realized you wanted us to AGREE with you as well.
I'll try not to make that mistake again.

Regards

novice
On a final note.. it may interest the rest of the readers to note that you've finally admitted that SLH has bad acting, bad dialogue and a small budget.

"in this movie's case, simple fun filled, gruesome entertainment. Bottom line - If you're going to hold bad acting and some bad dialogue against a low budget horror film..."

You didn't say that initially. All you said was it was an "unknown film" that was "pretty awesome" and "excellent". You "definitely recommend" this "top of the line" slasher flick.

So all I did was to mention the remote possibility that not everyone will find watching SLH an equally rewarding experience.
You did not have to go all ballistic on me for pointing that out.

I would have thought that you, as moderator, would appreciate a diversity of opinion. But you obviously do not meet that criterion.

crackerman
I saw this yesterday and thought it was very good.

It's one of those films that you can't take too seriously but if you're in the right mood for it you will find it really funny. I doubt it's meant to be an overly scary film, it's for the horror fans that like their cheesy moments.

I would strongly recommend this film to any true slasher movie fan.

BackFire
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, any number of the Friday the 13th and Halloween movies, Cannibal Holocaust, Dawn of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Last House on the Left, Killer Klowns From Outher Space, Evil Dead, The Hills Have Eyes and Night of the Living Dead, just to name a few.

I dunno why you think I went balistic, nor why I don't want to hear other's opinions. I do want to hear the opinions of others, for sure. But if I disagree with your opinion I won't hesitate to challenge it and tell you why I disagree. I aplogize if I offended you or whatever, wasn't my intention. Just telling you why I disagreed with your opinion, nothing more. I never denied that the film had bad dialogue and acting, I'd expect nothing more from a straight to video horror release.

It's pretty obvious when even looking at the title of the film that it's going to be low budget, it becomes even more blatantly obvious when you look at the cover for the film.

Too be honest you're the only person I've talked to who didn't like this movie, from what I can tell most people were able to enjoy it for what it is.

So yeah, you're free to disagree with me, just expect me to challenge your opinion next time. That's what a forum is for; discussing and arguing about opinions, yeah? I mean, if you're going to have a main complaint be a vague description of a house, something that is extremely trivial, then don't be surprised when someone calls you on it.

WindDancer
For a moment there I thought you were talking about Bart's dog. stick out tongue

Anywhoo....I'll check it out. Don't know about posting a review. But I'll defenetly look for it. If I like...I buy. You know me...as long as there is high level of gore I'll love it. wink

-hh-
i'll check this movie out

and laughing out loud @ WindDancer stick out tongue

b-dan
is it good i read and article in it on fangora thats dudes mask is werid

slayer
I don't bother with modern horror but since you recommeded it i'll check it out smile

Impediment
Well, I finally watched this flick after renting it last night. Gruesome, slashery, a little cheesey and campy. Not a bad flick at all. I got my moneys worth.

slayer
Great Flick, it had the feel of a good 80's slasher film even though it was pm;y released last year.

b-dan
i wanna see it isnt a little boy the killers helper

thomasgeorge
dno Happy Dance

papabeard
whooooooooofffffff!

This film sucks the cock of satan.

Some nice ideas, but a terrible film, IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.