Nintendo Revolution controller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/15/news_6133335.html

As of right now, I hate it, a ****in REMOTE!? What the ****!?

JToTheP
Remote in 1 hand, attachments in other.

darth-yoda
stupid stupid stupid why why a modified GC controller would of been great but this is crap senseing faliure

SaTsuJiN
I think its great... I posted about it in 2 other threads.. so I'm not gonna spam it.. 1up gives a very intuitive outlook, and has accepted it as one of the better controls that just "feels right"

darth-yoda
what i think it looks great and stupid but opions differ so

cal31
All these idiots calling it stupid right off the bat obviously didn't read anything about the controller and what it can do and are only basing their thought off of how it looks. Grow up please.

Zen2nd
No I read it, its still crap

Hit_and_Miss
I really want this to work. I real do, I just think there might be a few problems...

1) not too many buttons on it, some games will be awful if hand movements control the fight, supersmash bros will be tricky if you have to shake it to control them...

2)Games that do need an add on, How much will the add on cost compared to the game??? will you need to buy another controller for every game???

3)If i remember xbox's start. EVERYONE moaned about the size of the controller... everyone... So they realised another smaller one... Will Revs be the same? will they release a standard controller ( say the gamecubes one) for people who moan???

WindDancer
HAHAhaha!!!...I'm sorry, but I just find it funny. What an odd looking controller. Might just have get used it or something.

Zen2nd
Problems I have with the control;

1) I'd like it in one piece, I play with a lot of my friends on the various systems I have and have all 4 controls for most fun, but Nintendo's new design comes in two parts which will no doubt get lost.
2) I don't want to be swinging or pointing at the screen to control my character! They say they are making it simple but what was so hard about a normal control anyway?
3) I'll have to be taking the add-on out and in every time I change a game.
4) If it is online and uses "magic click" ability people with bigger screens are going to have a huge advantage over everyone else
5) It wasn't designed for the casual gamer it was designed for kids
6) They are just going to overuse the moving the control to interact with the screen in-front of you. It gets boring and annoying after a while and your hand is just going to get tired.

I feel it is just a toy, not a real control for a console.

JToTheP
Originally posted by cal31
All these idiots calling it stupid right off the bat obviously didn't read anything about the controller and what it can do and are only basing their thought off of how it looks. Grow up please.

Actually, who HASN'T read about the damn thing already? If your not at TGS right now, GameSpot updates at least 3 times a day about the gaming events, so I think YOU need to stop accusing people of things you can't even prove.

The most interesting thing alot of people have noticed, is if you turn it side-ways, with the d-pad to the left, it looks like an old NES controller. If you can use it like that, with the a & b buttons on one side that may be better, but there is of course the attachment in your other hand to worry about.

o kiMMii o
First i thought what the?! But *Loads shotgun* bang bang!

Im getting it. Looks freaking SICK!!!! I can just imagine the gameplay.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Problems I have with the control;

1) I'd like it in one piece, I play with a lot of my friends on the various systems I have and have all 4 controls for most fun, but Nintendo's new design comes in two parts which will no doubt get lost.
2) I don't want to be swinging or pointing at the screen to control my character! They say they are making it simple but what was so hard about a normal control anyway?
3) I'll have to be taking the add-on out and in every time I change a game.
4) If it is online and uses "magic click" ability people with bigger screens are going to have a huge advantage over everyone else
5) It wasn't designed for the casual gamer it was designed for kids
6) They are just going to overuse the moving the control to interact with the screen in-front of you. It gets boring and annoying after a while and your hand is just going to get tired.

1) and allegedly 4 people can use the remotes at once, 4 people swinging remotes around? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen if you ask me.

2) I hope Nintendo plans to make alot of FPS with "that kind of ability"

3) haha, yes, 'new add-ons' will be interesting, so let's hope it is like the Ps2 HDD, and the game automatically detects it or doesn't.

4) Of course, gotta love the gamers with 50" televisions

5) Seriously, I understand Nintendo's aim with some games, but what the hell? That remote is smaller than half of our entire hands period.

6) Well, I guess it will bypass people calling gamers lazy if it's a chore to play a game laughing out loud

o kiMMii o
Originally posted by JToTheP
Actually, who HASN'T read about the damn thing already? If your not at TGS right now, GameSpot updates at least 3 times a day about the gaming events, so I think YOU need to stop accusing people of things you can't even prove.

The most interesting thing alot of people have noticed, is if you turn it side-ways, with the d-pad to the left, it looks like an old NES controller. If you can use it like that, with the a & b buttons on one side that may be better, but there is of course the attachment in your other hand to worry about.
Ahhhhh i get it, you know the pad? I think there the c buttons or whatever? And theres r A button right there, theres also r B button on the bottom of the control if you havnt seen it. So it counts for 6. And on the joystick theres a Z button too.

About the nes looking one, im sure you would have to flip it aside to play the nes or snes games. smile

General Kaliero
While the look definitely needs an overhaul, and while the thought that Nintendo is again taking such a large step away from convention makes me cringe a little, I am nonetheless intrigued.

Though I foresee plenty of problems that might arise from having a point-and-click screen experience (such as the movement reciever being too responsive, or not responsive enough), those shouldn't be a worry if Nintendo keeps up their level of product reliability.

I think that the greatest successes on the Revolution now will be shooters. With the motion tracking element akin to arcade lightgun games, an FPS could play amazingly well, especially with the B button emulating a trigger.

All in all, it's weird as hell, it's a possibly dangerous step, but it could be a huge success that makes the Revolution deserve its name.

Tha C-Master
I don't care for it at all, while its innovative and cool looking, I like efficiency first.

No fighting games, and most likely not shooting, or anything where split second timing counts.

masterbruce
I think that this controller idea might actually work, unlike the DS and virtual gameboy

First, this would def be excellent for FPS...those games are all about atmoshpere and feeling like you're actually shooting someone would increase the experience tenfold (I think its one of those things where if you don't try it, you feel its unnecessary, but once you try it, everything else pales in comparison)

Second, I agree that this controller would be unsuited for the traditional fighting games (ie Marvel vs Capcom) but it is not meant to be traditional, it is meant to be revolutionary...Nintendo needs to be applauded for taking a bold step in the games arena. If everyone just played it safe, we would still be play Street Fighter 35 in 10 years, but now Nintendo is pressuring other companies to enhance the gaming experience...technology has been improving, so why should we continue playing games the same way as 10 years before when technology is limited. Remember, all those scifi movies where people are playing in virtual reality holographic areans, well the only way we can ever reach that point is if innovation is made as opposed to slight improvements

3rd, the problem Nintendo faces is that people in general are opposed to learning something new, they get comfortable with something and want to stick with it forever, so Nintendo may have a hard time convincing people to convert. I think ultimately success depends on if Nintendo can come up with a killer app for the release ala Halo for Xbox, if they can do so, then Sony and Microsoft will be pressured to do some innovation of their own for a change

my 2cents

Onikirimaru
Well, the problem with Nintendo seems they want to reinvent the wheel. My games control fine the way they are. All these remote garbage and swinging the stuff around, are just gimicks. If you have to shake a controler to do something, as oppossed to just pressing a button, doesnt make the game quicker. It not only shoots fighting games in the leg, but any game where you need to use multiple button presses in quick combination.

Nintendo needs to realize, gimmics dont work in the real world. There will always be the hardcore element that will buy the Donkey Kong drums or the Maracas and play them, but the majority of the gaming market are doing things like waiting for the next Madden to come out. Grown ups think that stuff is silly, and as gamers grow up and continue playing, that is fast becoming their demographic. Now, with this new controller, a great many companies that make mainstream games, are gonna look at this controller and its gimicks and just not make games. Capcom making their next cross platform fighter? Well, we have to invent a bunch of stuff so its playable with that remote, so just forget it. Midway doing their next cross platform action game. We dont have time to program for that weird gimmicky controller, we'll do it later and release something next year. Slap a subtitle on the game and pretend it has bonus features. I guarantee the first Add-on made for this controller, is a REAL controller you can plug into it.

JToTheP
Originally posted by o kiMMii o
Ahhhhh i get it, you know the pad? I think there the c buttons or whatever? And theres r A button right there, theres also r B button on the bottom of the control if you havnt seen it. So it counts for 6. And on the joystick theres a Z button too.

About the nes looking one, im sure you would have to flip it aside to play the nes or snes games. smile

There's also an a & b on the top of remote as well, and I don't think that would work for the SNES games. The top of the Revolution is a flip piece & inside is 4 GC controller ports, so I assume you use the GC controller to play the downloaded games, since the GC controller has the SNES buttons, A,B,X,Y, L & R, Z for N64 games, and the C stick for the C buttons.

There is 2 sets of A & B buttons which is kinda strange, but most likely for a reason, also a D pad, the control stick in the attachment, and a button on the attachment, so actually that's 7, plus start, select, & home, most likely from the Wifi internet.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
, and most likely not shooting, or anything where split second timing counts.

the view moves as fast as you can move your wrist basically..

............ -_-... the console reads directly off of your controller, then visually displays it.. the tv doesnt read your input from the controller or vice versa.. which makes tv size a pointless issue

TwisterGameX

What the hell is that. i hope thats not the controller. What the hell is that. I picked up my tv remote and my, cpu mouse in the other. It feels like crap. This is going to be hard to play other types of games. I mean sure it might be fun for nintendo made games, for the use of that, but other games for all 3 systems are going to suck. NO, poor Smash bros, I was buying it because of Smash, but now how I am going top play it.

Red Superfly
Why don't you all wait and see how it plays before you cast it down to hell so ignorantly.

Smasandian
At first, I thought it will be a diseaster.
But then, people said the same thing about the DS.
Look how well its doing.

I'm intriged, but hesitent.
But i think its someting you have to try out before you complain about it. It might actually be alot of fun. Sorta of like playing actual football instead of playing Madden all the time. (yes physical activity).

I think it also all depends how much it will cost. People arnt going to buy it if its the same price as the XBOX 360.
But people might buy it if its cheaper because of the intriged.
Also, during the press conference, couple of developing companies actually loved the controller after they used it, so Nintendo has too get the sytem out in public and let people use it.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Why don't you all wait and see how it plays before you cast it down to hell so ignorantly.

I wouldn't mind it. I am saying it will be fun, if nintendo makes the games, because they know how to use it, but 3rd party makers, that make games for all 3 systems. It's going to be freaky playing like certain type of games.

Red Superfly
Possibly. I'm more interested in the games Nintendo have planned themselves. I'm keeping my mind open to the idea.

If the likes of EA can't do their franchises on the Revolution properly, then too bad.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
I wouldn't mind it. I am saying it will be fun, if nintendo makes the games, because they know how to use it, but 3rd party makers, that make games for all 3 systems. It's going to be freaky playing like certain type of games.

yep i agree, games like beat em up will suffer, driving games will flourish on this type of controller. although it is not the finished look but they will porpb only change it a little like the fist version of the ds then they changed it to the look now. although the features are good.

Red Superfly
Who's to say beatemups will suffer?

The controller may make a lot of designers change the way people think games "should" be.

We always think of beatemups with the tradional button layout and combos - but there may be a designer out there who can make that controller the best controller for beatemups, and give the genre in general a bit kick up the backside, which it so desperately needs.

Just because the controller is different doesn't mean the games will suck - it'll simply force developers to think about how games are designed. We might actually see a huge beat-em up revolution, where beat-em ups change for the better, become more immersive. It's wishful thinking sure, but the possibility is always there. I think thats what Nintendo are trying to do - to make developers think differently, to try and fit a game around a simplistic control system and maybe revolutionise a genre.

My two favourite games of all time are Resident Evil 4 and Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. Both of these games could work amazingly well using the Revolution controller. A lot of Nintendos games will work fine on it, but the big question is the 3rd party support and whether or not they will be botherred.

The big shame is that because the 360 and PS3 will be infinitely more popular (we know it will, come on), that most developers, like shitty EA, will want to use tried and tested gameplay - which the 360 and PS3 are about (only having more polygons and effects) and Nintendo run the risk of losing support because most companies don't want to revolutionise gaming, they just want to make money.

General Kaliero
Just thought of something. with the way that the controllers have that slot to attach other things to, and since so many different things can be attached, it's possible that Nintendo could make a setup that uses two controllers attached to each other. I'm sure this would present other immersive ways of playing.

I can't think of many at the moment, but what immediately sprang to my mind was a boxing game where you would actually box using the two controllers (kinda like an update of Punch-Out! lol ).

HigH ScholaR
yep that was said about the ds some developers tried and failed but perhaps they will learn from it for the next time they develop for the ds. the same can be said for the revolution.

but because of this "new system" nintendo will either have a whole bandwagon of devopers devolping games for it and most of them is most likely not going to work well or utilise the revolution as seen in some of the games on the ds which is the best example for the revolution. or game developers will avoid the revoltion like a plague

Onikirimaru
Thats sounds pretty much what I would expect a nintendo fanboy would say. The way you sound its as if Nintendo is the only company that makes good games, and anything with a silly little controller must be the best game EVER. Its so revolutionary!!! wow cool! I wish I could move to Japan!

This controller isnt going to force companies to revolutionize their games. Have you even played a third party game lately? Third parties thrive on mass producing the same genre based, formulaic game. They dont have the time to pay someone to revolutionize gaming, they have to get that game out before the end of the third quarter! Its sad to say, but thats the truth. And alot of those games are pretty fun. They typically look to the first party to do the "new" games, and then copy them.

Anyway, in three years Ill check back in on this thread and we'll discuss how revolutionary controlling action with a remote control has been.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Thats sounds pretty much what I would expect a nintendo fanboy would say. The way you sound its as if Nintendo is the only company that makes good games, and anything with a silly little controller must be the best game EVER. Its so revolutionary!!! wow cool! I wish I could move to Japan!

This controller isnt going to force companies to revolutionize their games. Have you even played a third party game lately? Third parties thrive on mass producing the same genre based, formulaic game. They dont have the time to pay someone to revolutionize gaming, they have to get that game out before the end of the third quarter! Its sad to say, but thats the truth. And alot of those games are pretty fun. They typically look to the first party to do the "new" games, and then copy them.

Anyway, in three years Ill check back in on this thread and we'll discuss how revolutionary controlling action with a remote control has been.

where did i say nintendo would be the one making the best games, i said drivings games will prob do better on the d=system then a beat em up.

unless of cause you weren't talking to me, but i do prefer the gamecube then a ps2 and xbox IMO everyones opinion is likely to change.

Smasandian
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Just thought of something. with the way that the controllers have that slot to attach other things to, and since so many different things can be attached, it's possible that Nintendo could make a setup that uses two controllers attached to each other. I'm sure this would present other immersive ways of playing.

I can't think of many at the moment, but what immediately sprang to my mind was a boxing game where you would actually box using the two controllers (kinda like an update of Punch-Out! lol ).

I just about to say that about having two contollers.

The C-Master commented that beatmeups and fighting games will suck.
But if you actually think about it, those will be awesome with the new game.
Just think, using the contoller to actually punched the other character instead of using a 5 button/analog stick combo that traditional system use.

Ive been thinking about it for a bit, and Im think of all these possiblities that this controller will allow. It sounds really interesting, and Im really looking forward towards trying it out. Considering that I feel the new systems are exactly the same as the past 3 generations, it looks like this might actually work.
And by the way, most developing firms have actually tried the contoller out and has stated that they look forward to using it in their games. EA has also said that sports game will be awesome on it.
It all depends on if companies can actually develop for it.
But this system will fail if the technology has any laspes.

Zen2nd
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
............ -_-... the console reads directly off of your controller, then visually displays it.. the tv doesnt read your input from the controller or vice versa.. which makes tv size a pointless issue

If you read about it you would know there is actually a feature which does just that.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
where did i say nintendo would be the one making the best games, i said drivings games will prob do better on the d=system then a beat em up.

unless of cause you weren't talking to me, but i do prefer the gamecube then a ps2 and xbox IMO everyones opinion is likely to change.

Sorry dude wasnt talkin to ya, was talkin to the dude up a few posts, I took a break in the middle of postin to finish readin an article, my bad.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Smasandian
I just about to say that about having two contollers.

The C-Master commented that beatmeups and fighting games will suck.
But if you actually think about it, those will be awesome with the new game.
Just think, using the contoller to actually punched the other character instead of using a 5 button/analog stick combo that traditional system use.

Ive been thinking about it for a bit, and Im think of all these possiblities that this controller will allow. It sounds really interesting, and Im really looking forward towards trying it out. Considering that I feel the new systems are exactly the same as the past 3 generations, it looks like this might actually work.
And by the way, most developing firms have actually tried the contoller out and has stated that they look forward to using it in their games. EA has also said that sports game will be awesome on it.
It all depends on if companies can actually develop for it.
But this system will fail if the technology has any laspes.

Ok, i want ya to do something. Go play a beatem up, doesnt matter what it is, but one thats a bit in depth and uses more than one button. Anyway, everytime you want to throw a punch, I want you to make a punching motion with your hand as you press the button, to simulate this revolutionary movement control. Now do your combos. Punch Punch punch. Here comes some more enemies. Punch punch punch punch. Ok, now, I want you to throw kicks. How do we throw kicks? I dunno. I guess since we are moving, make a side to side movement instead of up and down. Now Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch.

Congradulations, your sweating, fatigued, and have a rotator cuff injury, and your flexors and extensors of your forearm are tight, and are compressing your nerve capsules, resulting in nerve compression syndromes like carpal tunnel. You will make your physical therapist lots of money.

When you think about it, all the've really done is chop a normal controller in half, and rearanged the buttons on the right to resemble a strange bizzaro remote control. If people will say that they like the gamecube controller, then im sure certain games will be playable. As far as revolutionary point and click and movement stuff, you probably wont be seeing much of that.

Onikirimaru
I will say, holding the remote and using it like a lightsaber in star wars games would be pimp.

gls
there's endless great possibilties ..sega and EA making sports games, sega making things like their samba de amigo, capcom making a new power stone, midway making a new read 2 rumble or a hydro thunder, namco making a time crisis where it feels like u are actually holding a gun without a guncon or something similar, retro studios could make an awesome metroid with this system.. puzzle games will crazy now.. imagine tetris revolution..or chu chu rocket? Final fantasy games could be made for the system,
no doubt developers will get lazy, and use only the GC controller instead of the Revolutions, but the ones who actually try will be able to make some great games.

Smasandian
Ok, i want ya to do something. Go play a beatem up, doesnt matter what it is, but one thats a bit in depth and uses more than one button. Anyway, everytime you want to throw a punch, I want you to make a punching motion with your hand as you press the button, to simulate this revolutionary movement control. Now do your combos. Punch Punch punch. Here comes some more enemies. Punch punch punch punch. Ok, now, I want you to throw kicks. How do we throw kicks? I dunno. I guess since we are moving, make a side to side movement instead of up and down. Now Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch. Punch punch kick punch kick. Kick kick kick. Punch punch punch. Punch. Punch punch punch. Kick. Punch Kick Punch.

Congradulations, your sweating, fatigued, and have a rotator cuff injury, and your flexors and extensors of your forearm are tight, and are compressing your nerve capsules, resulting in nerve compression syndromes like carpal tunnel. You will make your physical therapist lots of money.

When you think about it, all the've really done is chop a normal controller in half, and rearanged the buttons on the right to resemble a strange bizzaro remote control. If people will say that they like the gamecube controller, then im sure certain games will be playable. As far as revolutionary point and click and movement stuff, you probably wont be seeing much of that.

Hmm.
There's more than 1 button that controller. You need 2 buttons for punch or kick.

You talk about physical exercise like its a curse or something. Wow, you you have move your arms. Wow, that really screws up your body.
Do you think that you have to make excessive moves to actually use the controllers?

General Kaliero
I agree with Smasandian. It's not like a little physical exertion is going to kill you. Or if it is, then you must play games more than I do. Quick, do you know what the sun is?!

But seriously, it's about time someone thought "our demographic is getting a little overweight, maybe we should do what we can to help fix that." Physical games that go beyond a dance pad could be very entertaining. And besides, what other line of invention with take us to virtual reality gaming?

FeceMan
It's 'revolutionary', alright.
I will say, holding the remote and using it like a lightsaber in star wars games would be pimp.
If by 'pimp' you mean 'I hope no one sees me doing this', then yes.

DanZeke25
laughing laughing laughing Thats so funny! I wasnt gonna get a revolution anyway, but still. laughing I would hate to have a controller like that. I dont care what it does, i would never use it because it would feel so wierd.

StinkFist462
i think this is the most awesome controller ever.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Zen2nd
If you read about it you would know there is actually a feature which does just that. If...?.. show me.. because until then.. thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard..

Victor Von Doom
Who's to say beatemups will suffer?

The controller may make a lot of designers change the way people think games "should" be.

We always think of beatemups with the tradional button layout and combos - but there may be a designer out there who can make that controller the best controller for beatemups, and give the genre in general a bit kick up the backside, which it so desperately needs.

Just because the controller is different doesn't mean the games will suck - it'll simply force developers to think about how games are designed. We might actually see a huge beat-em up revolution, where beat-em ups change for the better, become more immersive. It's wishful thinking sure, but the possibility is always there. I think thats what Nintendo are trying to do - to make developers think differently, to try and fit a game around a simplistic control system and maybe revolutionise a genre.

My two favourite games of all time are Resident Evil 4 and Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. Both of these games could work amazingly well using the Revolution controller. A lot of Nintendos games will work fine on it, but the big question is the 3rd party support and whether or not they will be botherred.

The big shame is that because the 360 and PS3 will be infinitely more popular (we know it will, come on), that most developers, like shitty EA, will want to use tried and tested gameplay - which the 360 and PS3 are about (only having more polygons and effects) and Nintendo run the risk of losing support because most companies don't want to revolutionise gaming, they just want to make money.

Well said lad.

Originally posted by Zen 2nd

A real control for a console?

They're all toys. What do you use yours for? Surgery?

I play games with mine.

Alpha Centauri
Sony are the Coldplay of games consoles. Nintendo are the Radiohead.

If you loved what Sony put out with PS1, you'll love everything they do because it'll be the same.

The same cannot be said for Nintendo.

-AC

Hit_and_Miss
Wana know if it works or not????

Playstation 4 will have one...

Wolf Dog
You're retarded if you point out all the negatives about the controller just based on how it looks. Everyone said that about the GC controller and now everyones talking about how GC's controller is one of the most comfortable controllers ever. Everyone should just shut their ass til the controller comes out.

Lana
I have to say I'm quite intrigued.

Won't make any judgments on it yet, though.

Tha C-Master
the view moves as fast as you can move your wrist basically..

............ -_-... the console reads directly off of your controller, then visually displays it.. the tv doesnt read your input from the controller or vice versa.. which makes tv size a pointless issue You missed my point, not timing as in mechanics, but as in control with fingers, quite awkward for fighting games and such, no?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
You're retarded if you point out all the negatives about the controller just based on how it looks. Everyone said that about the GC controller and now everyones talking about how GC's controller is one of the most comfortable controllers ever. Everyone should just shut their ass til the controller comes out. You haven't held a portable logitech then...

Droopy
I was on Ign and it looked wierd at first but it is a kool controller and I also read that they have another controller so third party companies arent scared of making games for it so the revolution wil probably have two different kinds of controller's stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
I am fully convinced that the people at Nintendo are idiots.

3 strikes and Your OUT!

Strike 1: Nintendo ds- talk about lame, a handheld using a touch screen so it can get scratched and games that are boring and graphically going back 10 years. hmmm....Nintendogs or Liberty City Stories....mmm.

Strike 2: Gameboy micro- Making the SP smaller with a tiny screen, who cares?

Strike 3: Nintendo Revolution- lame kiddy system that you can download old games (which you can on your computer already so why care?) that 20 times less powerful than the Ps3, with a controller that is hardly revolutionary.

I think I can hear the sounds of t.a.p.s being played in the background

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I am fully convinced that the people at Nintendo are idiots.

3 strikes and Your OUT!

Strike 1: Nintendo ds- talk about lame, a handheld using a touch screen so it can get scratched and games that are boring and graphically going back 10 years. hmmm....Nintendogs or Liberty City Stories....mmm.

Strike 3: Nintendo Revolution- lame kiddy system that you can download old games (which you can on your computer already so why care?) that 20 times less powerful than the Ps3, with a controller that is hardly revolutionary.

I think I can hear the sounds of t.a.p.s being played in the background You are going to reap hell for that, cause NOONE complains about nintendo!!!

smokin'

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Droopy
I was on Ign and it looked wierd at first but it is a kool controller and I also read that they have another controller so third party companies arent scared of making games for it so the revolution wil probably have two different kinds of controller's stick out tongue Oh they will have another controller trust me.

Even if its good, some people won't learn new tricks, simple as.

hotsauce6548
Hmm... no expression

I don't know what to say. I really don't know what to say.

I'm confused; that's for certain. I'm dearly, dearly confused. sad

Hear are my thoughts: If anybody can pull it off, it's Nintendo. Sure, I can guaruntee that there will be some fun games using this technology. But to actually make it become mainstream? erm

Not so sure.

Draco69
It's certainly very cool looking and interesting. But I'm VERY hesitant on how it will play. VERY. Point and click? Moving your hands around like crazy? Attaching different parts to the controller for different games?

I'm am intrigued but I have serious doubts. I just don't think it's gonna work. And Nintendo has a seriously bad track record of bad controllers sans the SNES controller.

Nintendo should definitely be applauded for it's originality. I greatly admire such innovations. But I am more in favor of practicality over originality.

Draco69
Another compliant: Anyone else think that the b and a buttons are too far away from the A button? I have a VERY similar remote and I tried to imagine using it and it didn't work out for me. They should make it a smudge closer...

I wonder if you can use the controller horizontally rather than vertically. It seems much more comfortable. Than again the pointer laser thingy is at the top like most remotes.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Draco69
Another compliant: Anyone else think that the b and a buttons are too far away from the A button? I have a VERY similar remote and I tried to imagine using it and it didn't work out for me. They should make it a smudge closer...

I wonder if you can use the controller horizontally rather than vertically. It seems much more comfortable. Than again the pointer laser thingy is at the top like most remotes.

I thought of that, too. The a and b buttons on the bottom are far awar from the large A near the top...

Draco69
Also I heard certain people saying it's great to have a game that you can play physically and sweat alot.

Um. NO. I don't know about you people. But I don't WANT a game that will be the equivalent of an aerobic exercise. Video games are meant for entertainment. Not work. Relaxation. Not exertion.

You come home after a long day at work, college or school....and get even more tired playing with game controller? Makes no sense.

Draco69
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I thought of that, too. The a and b buttons on the bottom are far awar from the large A near the top...

Exactly. You have the weird nunchku analog controller in the other hand. And the remote in the other.

Let's say we're playing Super Smash Brothers:

With the analog component we can move around our character. That's fine.

With the A button we can punch/kick/whatever.

But what if the small a or b button leads to combo? Or it guards? Or it jumps? Or it releases a special attack?

It would be quite difficult to switch from your former position of holding the remote to a lower position in order to access the a and b buttons on the bottom.

Here's another question which nobody has even thought of: What if we have to hold two buttons at the same time? The large B button may compensate for one aspect....but what if we have to hold say A and little a together? It would be quite annoying and quite tiring.

What if the game requires a complex set of button combinations say: A, b, A, A+B, b+A, a+b, A = Link's Special Move? Anyone else think its gonna be VERY difficult to pull off?

And god forbid Nintendo asks for third-party games. It's just not gonna work for some of them.

Thael

What the f**k?

Looks.....Interesting...

Its like trying to re-invent the wheel. I mean, if it aint broke...no expression

o kiMMii o
^Theres 2 sets of A & B buttons, im sure the d pad will come into play. Filp it to play nes, and plus theres gona be a add on shell, so theres gona be games for New and old gamecontrols!

o kiMMii o
There's also an a & b on the top of remote as well, and I don't think that would work for the SNES games. The top of the Revolution is a flip piece & inside is 4 GC controller ports, so I assume you use the GC controller to play the downloaded games, since the GC controller has the SNES buttons, A,B,X,Y, L & R, Z for N64 games, and the C stick for the C buttons.

There is 2 sets of A & B buttons which is kinda strange, but most likely for a reason, also a D pad, the control stick in the attachment, and a button on the attachment, so actually that's 7, plus start, select, & home, most likely from the Wifi internet.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/ryniv2000/understanding-the-revolution-contro.jpg OH hihi big grin Just a mock up from IGN, so i assume you can use a regular control for different games.

General Kaliero
The shell bit seems a bit dodgy to me, but people seem to be misunderstanding the purpose of the small "a" and "b" buttons.

Those buttons are so you can flip the controller to a horizontal hold and play games for the original NES. The sensor in the remote only acts as a laser for games with point and click and shooting options. Other than that, it transmits button pushes to the other sensors near the tv, and doesn't necessarily have to be pointed AT the screen (like the Wavebird).

In any case, I'm sure that the Revolution will have a regular controller, probably alot like a GameCube controller with the A, B, X, and Y buttons more evenly spaced.

Wolf Dog
The shell is a freaking aweseome idea. (yes i know thats not the real shell bitches). Probablly going to be very similar to their mock up anyway.

o kiMMii o
General Kaliero thx for clearing it up.

Anyways some people are scared of change and until they experiance it for themselves they will be skeptical, and it'll bring some familiarity to the system. If they didn't include the shell, they'd be limiting a lot of possibilities instead of expanding them, games that require it. Okay bitches lol

Victor Von Doom

I think the same of the PSP- small PS2 that you can pay for, to play on a small screen, in your room, and rebuy your games. That's when you know Sony have got people eating out of their hands and other orifices.

1) It's not out yet, so it's ignorant at best to call it lame or kiddy.

2) Don't even mention power. PS2 was allegedly so much more powerful than the Cube- why is RE4 taking a downgrade to port across?

Draco69
Originally posted by General Kaliero
The shell bit seems a bit dodgy to me, but people seem to be misunderstanding the purpose of the small "a" and "b" buttons.

Those buttons are so you can flip the controller to a horizontal hold and play games for the original NES. The sensor in the remote only acts as a laser for games with point and click and shooting options. Other than that, it transmits button pushes to the other sensors near the tv, and doesn't necessarily have to be pointed AT the screen (like the Wavebird).

In any case, I'm sure that the Revolution will have a regular controller, probably alot like a GameCube controller with the A, B, X, and Y buttons more evenly spaced.

Ah. So you CAN play it horizonatally. Much easier to grasp as an actual controller.

Smasandian
I think we should all see how it plays out.

Also, it was at the end of the story at Gamespot, but the look of the contoller isnt that actual look of it. They're still tinkering with it. (I read it somewhere, but I might be wrong)

Also, you can probably still use traditional controllers for third party support.

In all, the general consences with game critics and journalist have been positive.
Its looks very interesting.
I just hope I can still play my Madden.

crazy_shadow
2 hands to hold a controller? wtf? i mean wat if u need a drink or somethin, like i usually do when playing a game, u have to put half the controller hanging and use the other hand to drink, with a 1 hand held controller u can jus keep playin with one hand while takin a drink....erm

Tha C-Master
I think we should all see how it plays out.

Also, it was at the end of the story at Gamespot, but the look of the contoller isnt that actual look of it. They're still tinkering with it. (I read it somewhere, but I might be wrong)

Also, you can probably still use traditional controllers for third party support.

In all, the general consences with game critics and journalist have been positive.
Its looks very interesting.
I just hope I can still play my Madden. I wouldn't have guessed you were a sports fan.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
2 hands to hold a controller? wtf? i mean wat if u need a drink or somethin, like i usually do when playing a game, u have to put half the controller hanging and use the other hand to drink, with a 1 hand held controller u can jus keep playin with one hand while takin a drink....erm

God, i hate you Nintendo haterz. Finding the littlest thing like that to criticize it. I can't believe i agree with you. But still not a big deal you ass.

Tha C-Master
God, i hate you Nintendo haterz. Finding the littlest thing like that to criticize it. I can't believe i agree with you. But still not a big deal you ass. Is that necessary, who said he hates nintendo?
These discussions are usually ruined by the same petty fanboyism, because people can't accept others seeing otherwise, especially with nintendo.

Wolf Dog
Is that necessary, who said he hates nintendo?
These discussions are usually ruined by the same petty fanboyism, because people can't accept others seeing otherwise, especially with nintendo.

I've seen past posts from him and its obvious he's a nintendo hater.

SaTsuJiN
You missed my point, not timing as in mechanics, but as in control with fingers, quite awkward for fighting games and such, no? I was solely referring to your point about first person shooters not being up to par with such a device, which 1up has praised the controller to be fully capable of supporting, even at a personal computers level of control w/ a keyboard and mouse

as for fighting games/ beat em ups.. some have even suggested the interesting idea of hooking 2 remotes to one another, and moving them simultaneously in a 'boxing' type of movement

But what if the small a or b button leads to combo? Or it guards? Or it jumps? Or it releases a special attack?

It would be quite difficult to switch from your former position of holding the remote to a lower position in order to access the a and b buttons on the bottom.

Here's another question which nobody has even thought of: What if we have to hold two buttons at the same time? The large B button may compensate for one aspect....but what if we have to hold say A and little a together? It would be quite annoying and quite tiring.

What if the game requires a complex set of button combinations say: A, b, A, A B, b A, a b, A = Link's Special Move? Anyone else think its gonna be VERY difficult to pull off?

I dont believe its going to work like that... the controller has a d-pad at the top.. so you can turn it 90 degrees and play it as if it were a normal NES controller.. think of how many operations you can command with the movement alone... what if making a circular motion with the remote caused your character to either block, or do a 360 degree attack?.. maybe a Z-motion with the remote and B trigger can be another special.. alot of things are possible

Draco69

I dont believe its going to work like that... the controller has a d-pad at the top.. so you can turn it 90 degrees and play it as if it were a normal NES controller.. think of how many operations you can command with the movement alone... what if making a circular motion with the remote caused your character to either block, or do a 360 degree attack?.. maybe a Z-motion with the remote and B trigger can be another special.. alot of things are possible

Possible. But not conventionally comfortable with most gamers in my opinion. We'll see how it panes out. I'm very skeptical. But as said before I applaud Nintendo for their boldness and originality.

Tha C-Master
For the "boxing" movement, nah..
I play tourney wise and having a small dpad is a kink, games like sf have circular motions, circles, semicircles, quatercircles.

If you've ever played on a handheld you can tell the difference.

even a normal ps2 controller isn't that good for me in those games, I have one espescially made for them.

BackFire
Wow....kind of a jarring sight...not at all what I was expecting.

However, Nintendo is infamous for making controllers that look wierd and are initially put down as poorly constructed, and then hailed with praise once people try them out (Nintendo 64, Gamecube).

I have faith that this will be more of the same.

masterbruce
there is a reason for a certain degree of fanboyism for nintendo as opposed to other companies (btw Im not such a fanboy), the reason is that Nintendo continues to go out on a limb and "tries" to bring innovation into a stagnant video game world, whereas Sony and Microsoft seem to take the easier road by just pumping up polygons and squeezing money out of sequels

remember people, the reason we want better graphics is to better immerse ourselves, but graphics is only part of immersion, sound and control are the other two critical parts

imagine in the future where your controller becomes a holographic projection (whereby depending on the game it projects a different image...say a bat in a basball game, a sword in soul caliber 8, a plasma rifle in Halo 5.5, etc) yes this is farfetched and prob not possible, but it takes initiative like Nintendo is displaying to get us in that direction

that being said, I don't agree with alot of Nintendo's ideas, I think the DS is crap, but I applaud their effort and intent

so instead of buying the 85th rendition of MAdden with a coupla meaningless roster changes, perhaps you can try out the revolution

SaTsuJiN
For the "boxing" movement, nah..
I play tourney wise and having a small dpad is a kink, games like sf have circular motions, circles, semicircles, quatercircles.

If you've ever played on a handheld you can tell the difference.

even a normal ps2 controller isn't that good for me in those games, I have one espescially made for them. I personally found the sega saturn controller to be the shiznit for 2d fighters

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by BackFire
Wow....kind of a jarring sight...not at all what I was expecting.

However, Nintendo is infamous for making controllers that look wierd and are initially put down as poorly constructed, and then hailed with praise once people try them out (Nintendo 64, Gamecube).

I have faith that this will be more of the same. I didn't care for either, outside of first party.

I personally found the sega saturn controller to be the shiznit for 2d fighters Natch.

Alpha Centauri
Lets place bets on how many people will actually like it, I mean out of those saying they hate it.

Or as a result of THIS post, continually say they hate it while liking it.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Ok I saw the new new control. That remote thing, could go in a regular gamecube control. Picture aGC control with a hole in the middle that could fit that new control, so you could use either. Check IGN.com for details
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Smasandian
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Ok I saw the new new control. That remote thing, could go in a regular gamecube control. Picture aGC control with a hole in the middle that could fit that new control, so you could use either. Check IGN.com for details
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Sorry to say, thats a mockup of the contollers. Its not real at all.

TwisterGameX
Sorry to say, thats a mockup of the contollers. Its not real at all.

sad

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Lets place bets on how many people will actually like it, I mean out of those saying they hate it.

Or as a result of THIS post, continually say they hate it while liking it.

-AC I hope everyone likes it who does, and doesn't follow the herd.

El_NINO
This new controller is not good. It detects movement right so if thats the case then next time look at how little kids play GC dont they jump around or move the controller while playing thinking it will help. lol ill admit ive done that when i was a kid.

Onikirimaru
Hmm.
There's more than 1 button that controller. You need 2 buttons for punch or kick.

You talk about physical exercise like its a curse or something. Wow, you you have move your arms. Wow, that really screws up your body.
Do you think that you have to make excessive moves to actually use the controllers?

You said earlier that motion sensing can revolutionize beat'em ups. I was illistrating that movement such as that for beat'em ups is actually a bad idea.

Now listen closely.

Physical excercise and activity are awesome. But you seem to think moving a remote control around is physical excercise. Its called repetitive motion, and its what messes you up. Sitting on your but and waving your remote around, is not excercise. DDR or Mo Cap boxing are more akin to physical activity, not waving around a remote for hours on end.

Onikirimaru

as for fighting games/ beat em ups.. some have even suggested the interesting idea of hooking 2 remotes to one another, and moving them simultaneously in a 'boxing' type of movement

Ok, BOXING games, what about fighting games or beatem ups? Has anyone ever played one? I guess if you have a Gamecube, then you havnt. How can you play Capcom vs SNK by moving your hands like a boxer? And when your playing beat'em ups, you need a bit more than that.

Does anyone remeber that actual controller that allowed you, on the NES, to box. FOrget whats its called, it had a field that sensed motion so you could box. Remember how that revolutionized beat'em ups? OH and who could forget the impact of the POWER GLOVE. Wow you can look at controllers now a days and really see the impact of the power glove on modern game play. The whole "Movement" thing for controllers has been around since the BEGINING.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by masterbruce
whereas Sony and Microsoft seem to take the easier road by just pumping up polygons and squeezing money out of sequels

Wait wait wait, last I checked Nintendo is spitting out remakes of games I played before I wore boxer shorts. Nintendo is notorious for their sequals and remakes and rehashes. Hell, ever since the N64, their biggest claim to fame has always been "The Next Zelda" or "The Next Metroid" Microsoft hasnt even been around long enough to say they continously rehash their first party games, it just seems like Microsoft/sony get alot of sequels, because third parties do alot of sequels, and we all know that Sony/Microsoft gets more the third party support.

Red Superfly
Just a quick question Omikirimaru - were you referring to my post on page 2? Was I the "nintendo fanboy"?

You said something about Nintendo fanboys and it just seemed like you were targetting me.

I'd like to point out I am not a fanboy of anything, I like to sit on the fence when it comes to video games systems, as anyone that speaks to me knows this. I dunno why I bother sometimes - I obviously get labelled as fanboy just for keeping my mind open.

I am a fan of Nintendo, but my post was merely to make clear that the controller COULD bring great things. The N64 pad broke the norm, and after a while, it set the standard for what gamepads should be.

I'm just saying that everyone should keep their minds open. A great designer worth their weight in gold could make that controller do some amazing things.

As for moving a controller around, it wouldn't cause RSI at all. You're thinking too narrowly, and I think that's the problem with people who have already cast down this controller.

I'll admit I'm a bit dubious myself, its OK to be. It's a new thing, but at least the norm is being challenged - someone out there cares about change and evolution. Of course its usually Nintendo that do this, but there you go. We don't know what this controller will bring until we lay our hands on it and play the games for it.

You've gotta give it up to Nintendo though. Sony and Microsoft try and give us amazing technical graphics, and all Nintendo do is release a few poxy screenies of their controller - and everyone is suddenly talking about it.The haters and the fanboys alike are as bad as each other. There's no actual knowing what the controller is going to mean for gaming - but I applaud Nintendo for trying (albeit predictably) to try something original.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by El_NINO
This new controller is not good. It detects movement right so if thats the case then next time look at how little kids play GC dont they jump around or move the controller while playing thinking it will help. lol ill admit ive done that when i was a kid.

lol now it can do something. I always did that in flying games.

Tha C-Master
You said earlier that motion sensing can revolutionize beat'em ups. I was illistrating that movement such as that for beat'em ups is actually a bad idea.

Now listen closely.

Physical excercise and activity are awesome. But you seem to think moving a remote control around is physical excercise. Its called repetitive motion, and its what messes you up. Sitting on your but and waving your remote around, is not excercise. DDR or Mo Cap boxing are more akin to physical activity, not waving around a remote for hours on end. lol

Onikirimaru
Just a quick question Omikirimaru - were you referring to my post on page 2? Was I the "nintendo fanboy"?

You said something about Nintendo fanboys and it just seemed like you were targetting me.

I'd like to point out I am not a fanboy of anything, I like to sit on the fence when it comes to video games systems, as anyone that speaks to me knows this. I dunno why I bother sometimes - I obviously get labelled as fanboy just for keeping my mind open.

I am a fan of Nintendo, but my post was merely to make clear that the controller COULD bring great things. The N64 pad broke the norm, and after a while, it set the standard for what gamepads should be.

I'm just saying that everyone should keep their minds open. A great designer worth their weight in gold could make that controller do some amazing things.

As for moving a controller around, it wouldn't cause RSI at all. You're thinking too narrowly, and I think that's the problem with people who have already cast down this controller.

I'll admit I'm a bit dubious myself, its OK to be. It's a new thing, but at least the norm is being challenged - someone out there cares about change and evolution. Of course its usually Nintendo that do this, but there you go. We don't know what this controller will bring until we lay our hands on it and play the games for it.

You've gotta give it up to Nintendo though. Sony and Microsoft try and give us amazing technical graphics, and all Nintendo do is release a few poxy screenies of their controller - and everyone is suddenly talking about it.The haters and the fanboys alike are as bad as each other. There's no actual knowing what the controller is going to mean for gaming - but I applaud Nintendo for trying (albeit predictably) to try something original.

I can respect that. I wasnt coming out and callin ya one, was just commenting it sounded like one, from the post it sounded a bit one sided is all. Thanks for clarifying.

And yeah, you gotta give it up to Nintendo for trying, I aint saying that. Its just whenever they come out with something, thats about a year or a half from actually getting in any in anyones hands, and people come out saying thats its freaking awesome and a revolution, when I look at it and see doo doo, it rubs me the wrong way. Nintendo's always made "innovations" which we're really gimicks in disguise. An innovation was the analog stick. A gimick is being able to touch a screen. When you break it down, it seems like this controller, is really a culmonation of gimicks.

Now if that mock up was real, Id shut my mouth. Because third parties have their controller to play normal games, and Nintendo has the controller to do the fancy stuff they want to with. Win-win situation.

Silverstein
that remote (controller) is what you nintendo fans get! big grin how....revolutionary. (You guys know Sony had a remote controller for the ps2(dvd) and it does work for games....but its crap) so maybe not very revolutionary.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Silverstein
that remote (controller) is what you nintendo fans get! big grin how....revolutionary. (You guys know Sony had a remote controller for the ps2(dvd) and it does work for games....but its crap) so maybe not very revolutionary.

Wow, read the previous pages please.

Tex
It looks very uncomfortable.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Tex

sigh...

BackFire
Originally posted by Tex

People said the same thing about the N64 controller before they tried it, and now it's considered by many to be the best controller of all time.

Alpha Centauri
If you hate it so much by pictures and rumours, don't buy it. Just don't jump on the bandwag if it turns out to be a f*cking amazing piece of revolutionary equipment.

-AC

Silverstein
Wow, read the previous pages please.

no. but i now have read the official stuff...im still not convinved that nintendo is going to revolutionize the gaming world as we know it...(people only like this stuff cuz its coming from nintendo) Id like to see something microsoft/sony comes out with thats wild and crazy with massive hype

hotsauce6548
I've seen past posts from him and its obvious he's a nintendo hater.

It's also obvious you are a Nintendo fanboy. No need for member bashing.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by masterbruce
there is a reason for a certain degree of fanboyism for nintendo as opposed to other companies (btw Im not such a fanboy), the reason is that Nintendo continues to go out on a limb and "tries" to bring innovation into a stagnant video game world, whereas Sony and Microsoft seem to take the easier road by just pumping up polygons and squeezing money out of sequels

remember people, the reason we want better graphics is to better immerse ourselves, but graphics is only part of immersion, sound and control are the other two critical parts

imagine in the future where your controller becomes a holographic projection (whereby depending on the game it projects a different image...say a bat in a basball game, a sword in soul caliber 8, a plasma rifle in Halo 5.5, etc) yes this is farfetched and prob not possible, but it takes initiative like Nintendo is displaying to get us in that direction

that being said, I don't agree with alot of Nintendo's ideas, I think the DS is crap, but I applaud their effort and intent

so instead of buying the 85th rendition of MAdden with a coupla meaningless roster changes, perhaps you can try out the revolution

Extremely well said. I totally agree. yes

Silverstein
yes well said, ill give it to nintendo to make up some really...awkward ideas during this point in time, but im still waiting for something really revolutionary to win me over

Edited: and the thing about holographic projected controllers like holding a holographic rifle...that would be hard to just point it at a screen...it would hafto be in a virtual simulation arena or something...

Tha C-Master
no. but i now have read the official stuff...im still not convinved that nintendo is going to revolutionize the gaming world as we know it...(people only like this stuff cuz its coming from nintendo) Id like to see something microsoft/sony comes out with thats wild and crazy with massive hype Its true to a degree, if this were sony or xbox, there would be no problem with hating it.

I still wouldn't like it...

DarkC

*high pitched scream, then sobbing*

Draco69
Its true to a degree, if this were sony or xbox, there would be no problem with hating it.

I completely agree. Remember when the "boomerang" PS3 controller came out?

Everyone was saying "It looks so uncomfortable. It's so lame looking. It sucks."

NOW when the Nintendo controller comes out that looks about fifty times worse the same people are defending it with the exact same logic used to defend the PS3 controller.

Karma's a *****.

Wolf Dog
It's also obvious you are a Nintendo fanboy. No need for member bashing.

I totally disagree with you. yes

Silverstein

Everyone was saying "It looks so uncomfortable. It's so lame looking. It sucks."

NOW when the Nintendo controller comes out that looks about fifty times worse the same people are defending it with the exact same logic used to defend the PS3 controller.

Karma's a *****.

you are sooo f*cking right! the bananarang ps3 controller looks so damn comfortable compared to a remote controller... big grin it actually contours to our hands... rolling on floor laughing

Tha C-Master

Karma's a *****. Fanboys, fanboys, fanboys.

Gotta love them.

"if its not broken, why fix it"

"innovation is key"

(I'm not naming any names btw)

Red Superfly
Its true to a degree, if this were sony or xbox, there would be no problem with hating it.

That's true, but people are still failing to grasp the fact that all three next-gen controllers could be wonderful, or could be absolute rubbish, or mediocre.

Making a decision based on a picture is rediculous. You wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test-drive first. You wouldn't buy a sofa without first sitting on it. You wouldn't buy a console without having a go beforehand.

To be honest, I perked up a bit and actually started to take notice of the Revolution when I saw the controller.

Victor Von Doom
You wouldn't buy a console without having a go beforehand.

Whoa whoa whoa.

The Sony fanboys I know would buy it without seeing it beforehand.

Red Superfly
I was of course, refferring to people with common sense stick out tongue

hotsauce6548
I totally disagree with you. yes

That's perfectly okay, but there is still no need for member bashing.

I'm starting to get more excited about the controller the more I read about it.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

IGN has a good article on it, especially about FPS's. Can you imagine playing an FPS with the pointer part, along with the add-on with the analog stick. Using the analog stick to move, and the point technology to shoot and aim your gun.

Now that sounds pretty damn cool. cool

Wolf Dog
That's perfectly okay, but there is still no need for member bashing.

I'm starting to get more excited about the controller the more I read about it.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

IGN has a good article on it, especially about FPS's. Can you imagine playing an FPS with the pointer part, along with the add-on with the analog stick. Using the analog stick to move, and the point technology to shoot and aim your gun.

Now that sounds pretty damn cool. cool

Homer: "That's.. what we've been tryingggg to TELL you"

hotsauce6548
Homer: "That's.. what we've been tryingggg to TELL you"

I'm a bit slow. stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
That's true, but people are still failing to grasp the fact that all three next-gen controllers could be wonderful, or could be absolute rubbish, or mediocre.

Making a decision based on a picture is rediculous. You wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test-drive first. You wouldn't buy a sofa without first sitting on it. You wouldn't buy a console without having a go beforehand.

To be honest, I perked up a bit and actually started to take notice of the Revolution when I saw the controller.

Now that depends, I can tell you for a fact which cotrollers may be too big or small in certain areas, or too awkward.

For the causual gamer its no big deal, but when you tournament play, everything matters.

I myself am not too particular to the boomerang controller,as I liked the original ps controller.

I didn't care for xbox, and I haven't seen the new one.

Hit_and_Miss
what about the people who have friends... how many controller upgrades are they gonner have to by!!!! seems to me that there gonner rake in the monies with controller excessaries....

Tha C-Master
I got too many controllers as it is, snes, genesis, ps1, ps2, n64, and others.

13 ps contrllers, many family members lol.

Alpha Centauri
As I said before, if you settled into Sony at PS1 level, you'll love everything they put out because it's never gonna change so drastically that you'll have to re-adjust.

I just read the Revolution Controller interview (provided by Von Doom Industries) and the IDEA I've got in mind from viewing the pics of the remote part, reminds me of the N64 controller. Trigger under control stick so you use both with on hand. Except this time it's the d-pad.

I have no clue if that's close, exact or nothing like how it will turn out. I never judge a controller until I play with it.

Stop all this fanboy bs also. Fans of Sony take things personally more than any other.

-AC

Tha C-Master

Stop all this fanboy bs also. Fans of Sony take things personally more than any other.

-AC This thread has sure shown that.

wink

Hit_and_Miss
sony fanboys.... just a bunch of thugs.... who would concider there best gaming moment to be beating up old ladies for bingo money so they can go nail some hooker in the back of a stolen car for health?... not I

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, fans of Nintendo aren't really Nintendo fanboys. They're fans of gaming.

Most of the die hard Nintendoers I know would drop it if it quit producing shit they liked.

The same cannot be said for Sony fanboys. Though saying that, Sony have yet to release many shit games and still maintain suppo.....oh wait.

-AC

Silverstein
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
sony fanboys.... just a bunch of thugs.... who would concider there best gaming moment to be beating up old ladies for bingo money so they can go nail some hooker in the back of a stolen car for health?... not I

im sick of you people that keep refering to one thing. Like Resident evil 4 being for the cube (well its on ps2 now). gta san andreas is also on xbox and pc so u cant just target sony, plus, sony has dozens of incredible games...that arent based on one fading overused mascot character *cough* mario

StinkFist462
*cough*master cheif*cough*

ESB-1138
Why does it look like a TV controller?

Silverstein
Originally posted by ESB-1138
Why does it look like a TV controller?

why? because it is....revolutionary. end of story.

Ieatbabies
Looks pretty awesome to me.

Now me and the neighbor's kids can play games in harmony. whistle

ESB-1138
It will take getting more use to then it did with any other controller.

Alpha Centauri
im sick of you people that keep refering to one thing. Like Resident evil 4 being for the cube (well its on ps2 now). gta san andreas is also on xbox and pc so u cant just target sony, plus, sony has dozens of incredible games...that arent based on one fading overused mascot character *cough* mario

Having "dozens" of incredible games out of 50 is fine. Having dozens out of thousands is pathetic.

Resident Evil wasn't conceived for the PS2. They had to downgrade it so it would play on there. It's a Cube game.

-AC

hotsauce6548
The thing is, fans of Nintendo aren't really Nintendo fanboys. They're fans of gaming.

Most of the die hard Nintendoers I know would drop it if it quit producing shit they liked.

The same cannot be said for Sony fanboys. Though saying that, Sony have yet to release many shit games and still maintain suppo.....oh wait.

-AC

While that's true, it's also true that Sony has its share of good games, just like Xbox and Gamecube do. You can't discredit Sony just because they have more games.

Onikirimaru

-AC

Are you serious?

Really, do you think that?

Do you love Nintendo so much as to say, that if you are a fan of nintendo, you are a fan of gaming? Which is to say if you dont like nintendo, you dont like gaming. Are you really serious in saying this? And then you dont want to look like a complete and total fanboy.

SnakeEyes
From what I see, I really don't like this controller, mostly because I think its gonna be harder to play anything with it. Not that it matters, however; if I bought one of the new consoles it would be either the PS3 or the X-Box 360.

SnakeEyes
The thing is, fans of Nintendo aren't really Nintendo fanboys. They're fans of gaming.-AC

laughing

I'm sorry, but this just strikes me as hilarious. You try to make it sound as though Nintendo fans are Gods among men or something.

Draco69

Resident Evil wasn't conceived for the PS2. They had to downgrade it so it would play on there. It's a Cube game.

-AC

Um. Dude. Just number 4. The rest were solely for Sony. As will be number 5 no expression

Tha C-Master
Just proving my point.

BackFire
Um. Dude. Just number 4. The rest were solely for Sony. As will be number 5 no expression

5 is going to be for the xbox as well.

BackFire
Oh, and for the record, Nintendo has a huge number fanboys. In fact, I'd go so far to say that Nintendo has some of the worst, most annoying fanboys I've encountered.

There are plenty of people who go out of their way to love Nintendo to a ridiculous degree because they think it makes them credible when it comes to gaming, as if the Nintendo fans are some kind of gaming elite or something, just because they like Nintendo, which simply isn't the case.

Tha C-Master
Oh, and for the record, Nintendo has a huge number fanboys. In fact, I'd go so far to say that Nintendo has some of the worst, most annoying fanboys I've encountered.

There are plenty of people who go out of their way to love Nintendo to a ridiculous degree because they think it makes them credible when it comes to gaming, as if the Nintendo fans are some kind of gaming elite or something, just because they like Nintendo, which simply isn't the case. The "oh its an acquired taste, so my opinion is more credible"?

lol, I know the most animousity is ALWAYS with nintendo.

I don't see other systems, even sega, having that much of a problem admitting there may be a mild flaw pertaining to the console they like, or admitting something was a flop.

BornToRule
well as for me i just stick with my Ps2 for a year or two before i get a new one i really couldnt afford any of the new consoles in a long time.I have to take drivers license and buy a car and unfortainly that is gonna come out over my gaming.The new controller by the way looks interesting maybe it can be hard to get used to but so was the analog controller of the ps1 also so i guess it is not gonna be a problem.

what will the console cost?

Alpha Centauri
Are you serious?

Really, do you think that?

Do you love Nintendo so much as to say, that if you are a fan of nintendo, you are a fan of gaming? Which is to say if you dont like nintendo, you dont like gaming. Are you really serious in saying this? And then you dont want to look like a complete and total fanboy.

Where in my post did you come to this conclusion? Just curious. Because it seems like you were just making a wild, unfounded and drastic assumption thus making yourself look like a bit silly, as usual judging by what I've seen of your posts.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm sorry, but this just strikes me as hilarious. You try to make it sound as though Nintendo fans are Gods among men or something.

I do? Or...you interpret it as that? (It's the latter, the former isn't true. Hopefully you'll all stop making fools of yourselves soon.)

Originally posted by Draco 69
Um. Dude. Just number 4. The rest were solely for Sony. As will be number 5

Were they? Because I know that Code Veronica was SOLELY for Sony...I mean...it was made for Dreamcast first and got downgraded for the PS2 ages later, but I'm sure it was made just so Sony could steal it back wink. OH! Of course! Let's not forget Zero, the game that was INTENDED as a NINTENDO 64 game but ended up on Gamecube. However, I'm sure that's lies and propaganda and that there's probably an original Sony version out there somewhere wink.

Because Sony DIDN'T get up to 3 and realise they could do no more did they? They didn't pass the franchise off to other companies who could do a better job than they did, only to claim them back after OTHER companies did the work, did they? They produced Zero, the remake (and superior version) of 1 with it's hour of added STORY (not just new guns a la PS2's Resi 4), and 4, didn't they? Wait....no they didn't. Sony STOPPED at 3 and sold the franchise to people more capable than they were (hahaha, Sega). What exclusive Resi's have they produced that are worth mentioning? The original, sure. 2? Of course, incredible game (which they also gave to the N64 so it could be bettered...there's a pattern). Erm...3? Filler. All 3 Gun Survivors? The extremely floppable Outbreaks? Cube have Zero, 4 and the remake of 1, Sega have Code Veronica to their name. Sony didn't have any part in the creation of the best of the series. Resident Evil 4 is being lessened to become a PS2 game. Resident Evil 5 has a bulk of what was birthed with RE4. Nintendo's machine, like it or not, is responsible for the series being what it is today and what it has become. Not to mention that 5 isn't only Sony, it's Microsoft also.

Funny how I'm merely speaking out of which console and company I prefer to play games by, yet I get branded a fanboy. You make ill informed and factually incorrect comments such as "All but 4 were solely for Sony, as will be 5" and nothing is said. Proves a point.

There are plenty of people who go out of their way to love Nintendo to a ridiculous degree because they think it makes them credible when it comes to gaming, as if the Nintendo fans are some kind of gaming elite or something, just because they like Nintendo, which simply isn't the case.

I never denied they have fanboys. I've actually said it in prior posts.

But come on, Sony don't? Microsoft don't? How many Cube fans do you know that bought it because it played decent films or played music CDs? One? Ten? A hundred?...None? (Don't bother answering this, the answer is none.)

I'm not claiming any console as perfect. I'm making a case for the console I prefer using evidence as opposed to irrelevant points.

The problem with people in this thread is that the fanboys accuse non-fanboys who speak sense, of being fanboys because they don't like what they hear. To be a Nintendo fanboy all you have to do is know what you're talking about and have any factual evidence that says Sony aren't Gods, the very nature of you knowing something about Nintendo makes you an employee.

C-Master already proved that when he referred to me as "You" when discussing Nintendo.

And as for C's comment on things being flops, I'm only discussing Cube. Wasn't a flop was it? No.

-AC

Tha C-Master
I said I wasn't calling any names man. AC hates me.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by BornToRule
well as for me i just stick with my Ps2 for a year or two before i get a new one i really couldnt afford any of the new consoles in a long time.I have to take drivers license and buy a car and unfortainly that is gonna come out over my gaming.The new controller by the way looks interesting maybe it can be hard to get used to but so was the analog controller of the ps1 also so i guess it is not gonna be a problem.

what will the console cost? You know the atari first cost 300, lol nothing new.

hotsauce6548
The problem with people in this thread is that the fanboys accuse non-fanboys who speak sense, of being fanboys because they don't like what they hear. To be a Nintendo fanboy all you have to do is know what you're talking about and have any factual evidence that says Sony aren't Gods, the very nature of you knowing something about Nintendo makes you an employee.

yes And that's true with any fanboy of any system.

I also agree with you about the Resident Evil series. Nintendo is responsible for improving that series. 'Nuff said.

As for the Revolution, as long as it is cheaper than the 360 and PS3, I think I will be willing to give it a shot. smile

Onikirimaru
Where in my post did you come to this conclusion? Just curious. Because it seems like you were just making a wild, unfounded and drastic assumption thus making yourself look like a bit silly, as usual judging by what I've seen of your posts.

-AC

Its not too hard to look at your reasoning. Nintendo fans = Gaming fans. Which means that Nintendo = gaming. Which means you view other gaming systems as below gaming. Sony Xbox = Not gaming. So your putting yourself and fans of Nintendo on an elitest pedestal. Which means that since you view Nintendo as the only "real" gaming system, you must have a love of the company jsut because of its name, not the games (like a fanboy maybe?). Otherwise you would have said something like "Fans of Zelda are fans of gaming" but instead you pointed to the name of a company, Nintendo, as if Nintendo is the only company that makes good games. You can back pedal and say "Oh I never anything like that" but anyone that has brains enough to make words in their alaphabit soup can see what your logical reasoning behind making a statement such as that was.

Alpha Centauri
I don't hate you C, I don't mind you at all actually.

Its not too hard to look at your reasoning. Nintendo fans = Gaming fans. Which means that Nintendo = gaming. Which means you view other gaming systems as below gaming. Sony Xbox = Not gaming. So your putting yourself and fans of Nintendo on an elitest pedestal. Which means that since you view Nintendo as the only "real" gaming system, you must have a love of the company jsut because of its name, not the games (like a fanboy maybe?). Otherwise you would have said something like "Fans of Zelda are fans of gaming" but instead you pointed to the name of a company, Nintendo, as if Nintendo is the only company that makes good games.

So basically, you did exactly what I said and interpreted my post in a way that YOU wanted to read it just so you could grip onto your pathetic fanboy ranting? You ASSUMED everything that you just posted. Never in my post did I actually say any of it. Don't read between the lines, read the actual lines.

You can back pedal and say "Oh I never anything like that" but anyone that has brains enough to make words in their alaphabit soup can see what your logical reasoning behind making a statement such as that was.

Aka "If he now replies denying it, I've already made my smart little comment" hahaha. Funny. That doesn't remove from the fact that everything you just said is BS.

-AC

HigH ScholaR
resident evil 5 is coming to revolution aswell

Tha C-Master
I don't hate you C, I don't mind you at all actually. Thats nice to hear, I don't hate you either.

hotsauce6548
So, bottom line is:

Is anybody interested enough to buy a Revolution when it comes out, just because of this unique controller?

SaTsuJiN
I probably wont get any next gen systems (at this point and time.. maybe I'll change my mind)... but this sure seems like an interesting outlet for all kinds of wierd games having an analog controller like that is just as good (if not better) than a pc mouse

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>