GTA: Corruption Of Liberty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigitalFortr3ss
Prologue: Meeting with The Don

Liberty City's Gentleman's Club

14:45pm

The Don, Joey Leone smelled smoke, and he knew that it was the finest cuban cigar he was lighting up. He stared up at his two closest associates, Toni Cipriani and Luigi Goterelli. "Liberty is falling gentlemen. I am loosing the Iron Grip I had on this city"

"And.." Toni's raspy voice quickly replied. "What d'ya expect us to do Joey? OUR men are dieing out there in dozens each day and it doesn't help you start killing them as-well! What the f*ck has gotten' into you kid?"

"Don't call me kid Toni! You'll address me as Don Leone! I deserve f**king respect around here!

Toni pressed down hard on his knuckles, grinding his teeth at the sickening site of Joey Leone. The cracking of Toni's knuckles alerted Joey who quickly shot an evil glimpse at Toni.

Joey was pissed. "Whadd'ya gonna do then wiseguy, knock me out? You can try it Cipriani 'cause if you do I'll put --

Toni interrupted angrily. "Shut it kid! Shut your f**kin' mouth before I do something i'll regret! Liberty is falling because YOU are letting it fall! Triads are roaming free on our turf, diablos are rising up from the sewers and are starting to f*ck around with Luigi's girls and you are sitting up here smoking your life away!

"Ya' know you have a big mouth Cipriani and it's gonna get ya' killed one day"

"You gonna do it Joey? Ever since you took over from Salvatore, god rest his soul, you have done nothing but f*ck up business and kill your own men." Toni was beginning to get angry. He respected and served Salvatore for years, to Toni Salvatore was a father figure to him. Salvatore and Toni had a meeting before he was assassinated, Salvatore was worried that Joey couldn't handle the business as-well as Toni could.

Joey glared. "By the time I'm done with this family, everyone will fear the name 'Leone'."

In the background of the heated debate, Luigi sat down quietly, knowing not to get involved between The Don and Toni. Toni was one of the highest members in the Leone family, and he wasn't even family. Luigi remembered the last time Toni and Joey had an argument like this. It was four years ago when Salvatore was killed. Toni was having trouble believing that the family's new assassin had actually assassinated The Don. The argument between Toni and Joey lasted two hours and at the end, both men drew their pistols at each other ready to blow each other away. Since then, Joey and Toni were never on eye to eye terms and occasionally Toni was left out of important business matters.

Toni got out of his seat and walked over to Joey. "You better sort this town out or I'm gonna do it! I done it before and I'll do it again, dont f*ck up!" With that said, Toni left the small room and the Gentleman's club. Toni never realised that he would never step foot into the club again.

Back in the room, Joey looked out the window and down at Toni who was making his way back home. "Luigi, today this city gets a makeover"

"Sure thing boss" Luigi's first words of the meeting.

"Tag Toni.. and kill him!" Joey never took his eyes off Toni walking down the street. Luigi was surprised to hear that Joey wanted Toni killed. Liberty was in anarchy, it would never be the same again.

DigitalFortr3ss
Chapter One: The Prodigal Son

8Balls Bomb Shop

Harwood

2:30am

Nightlife in Liberty City was the only time that a person was guaranteed 100 safety from gang wars, gang rapes and drive by's. 8Balls small Bomb Shop in Harwood was a busy place. Everyone came to him in the early hours for gizmos that liked to blow up things, and this was the only time the police weren't patrolling, they knew better than to come out at night. 8Ball was alone inside his small garage, he was on his back under a blue idaho, setting up a bomb. This car, was the car of a local drug dealer called Chico Mendez. Chico was starting to get a little too friendly with Luigi Goterelli's girls, so Luigi has decided that Chico deserves a good banging.

"I'm looking for 8Ball"

A voice came from outside the garage. 8Ball wasn't surprised though, customers usually came to him at this time.

"Yeah hold on a sec bro, be with ya' in a moment"

8Ball slid from under the car and wiped his hands with a cloth. "So, what can I do for--"

8Ball turned around and froze, now he was surprised. Standing infront of him was a man, pointing a desert eagle directly at his head. 8Ball blinked, he couldn't see the mans face due to him being in the darkness, but the metallic silver of the gun shone brightly in the night sky.

"I've been waiting four years for this moment. I should of finished you while I had the chance" The dark figure cocked the gun back to make an eerie 'click' noise that sent a shiver down 8Balls back. "Better late than never"

"Hol- Hold on a minute brotha, I don't know what the hell you been smoking, 'cause I don't know you" 8Ball's voice had a quiver in it. 8Ball had fear running through his body, but he could do nothing but stare at it. He had no guns with him, just bombs but they were useless. 8Ball was confused though, he still didn't understand.

The figure slowly emerged from the darkness and into the garage, 8Balls eyes lit up in shock. There standing infront of him was the most wanted man in the whole of Liberty City. This was the man that assassinated Don Salvatore Leone, and he was back. 8Ball knew for one thing, he was f**ked!

"I suppose you wanna explanation?" 8Ball looked at the man, he had no expression in his eyes whatsoever. "Aiight, well befo' you blow my brains out, you should hear me out."

"Why should I? You were the one that planted the bomb in that car 8Ball! It really did piss me off when I heard that Salvatore was gonna kill me, and the fact that you were involved made matters worse!" The man walked closer to 8Ball, still wielding the desert eagle.

"I had no choice"

"Bullsh*t!" The man replied instantly

"Hey, you don't know anythin' man so don't accuse me of sh*t!"

"Enlighten me then"

8Ball took a deep breathe and pulled a chair over from a desk. He sat down, nervously, but he had nothing to hide, he only hoped that the man would believe his story.

"Luigi phoned me up from his club and tells me that Don Salvatore needs a car fitted with a bomb, and quick. So I fit the bomb, and Luigi picks it up as always, but I knew somethin' was wrong, I had a feelin', so I ask Luigi what was it for, and he told me that Salvatore was worried that 'the kid' was gettin' too close in the ranks, so he planned it out for you to be killed in a car explosion."

The man looked really pissed, but upset aswell. He withdrew his eagle and stood next to 8Ball.

"All my life people have betrayed me, and tried to kill me. It happened with Catalina, and Salvatore, both are dead!" The man smashed his hand down on the table, leaving a trickle of blood from his knuckles.

"Look man, I had no choice, they were gonna kill me if I didn't fit the bomb, I tried to warn ya' man but I couldn't contact you."

"Forget it, the truth is out now. Just one thing, did Toni know anything about this?"

"Nah, Toni never knew. After the funeral, Joey told him that you killed Sal, but Toni didn't believe it and he still doesn't to this day. Maybe you should talk to him"

The man looked up and laughed. "Be serious please, in Mafia territory, I'd be dead before I could even say shit happens. No, I need to build up to get even close to Joey Leone. I'm gonna be in Staunton Island for a bit, maybe Shoreside, I'm safer there.

"What you gonna do bro?" 8Ball was getting curious now. Was this man ready to take on the Leone Family Mafia?

"I can't do much, Leone is the last thing on my mind"

The man walked away from 8ball.

"HEY WAIT" 8Ball ran after him and they both stopped. "I'm in, I want those bastards dead, same as you!" 8Ball extended his hand, the man looked down on it and gladly accepted. "Liberty ain't gonna be the same"

"Damn right about that"

The two men walked back into 8Balls garage to disscuss plans for their future.

"By the way, what the hells your name?"

"Call me Claude" With that, the men smiled and started their plan to run Liberty and get rid of The Leone Family for good.

DigitalFortr3ss
Chapter 2: Cipriani Wipe-Out

The next morning, two men were meeting. The alley was dark. Quiet. Perfect for negotiations.

"This will be easy" the man wearing glasses said. He was hidden in a dark shadow, out of sight. "You can't fail"

"You sure" the other figure replied, he was a triad. "How can I trust you." his words were hard.

"We want him dead, the same as you."

"He's your man? I don't understand"

"Your questions dont need answering!"

The triad looked suspicious of the man. The man from the shadows pulled an envelope from his jacket pocket and handed it to the triad. The triad opened it and smiled pleasurably. "You got a deal," The Triad said.

"Liberty wont know whats hit them.. neither will Tony Cipriani"

DigitalFortr3ss
Chapter 3: Leaving Portland

Claudes blue banshee tore out from 8Balls bomb shop and emerged north past the Harwood Fire Station. A few hundred yards down, Claude came to a stop at the Portland Harbour, shocked to see a familiar face down at one of the garages. The man had a round face and he wore a smart purple suit. Claude could see the gold chain around his neck sparkle against the blazing sun. At that point, he knew it was Toni Cipriani. Claude entered the docks, his banshee going slowly, emerging near Toni. It finally came to a stop and Toni went wide eyed.

"Kid?" Toni called. Toni's voice was in shock, but it was inviting. Toni's voice was still the same, roughcut.

"Thats me," Claude said with a grin. He got out of the car, 8Ball followed.

"What the hell are you doing back here," Toni said, "And what the **** he is doing here?"

Toni quickly moved toward 8Ball who backed away. Claude stepped infront of Toni and shook his head.

"He explained everything"

"And you believe the son of a *****" Toni snapped angrily.

Claude felt tense being around Toni and 8Ball. These two men work for the mafia, and the mafia wanted him dead for killing their Don. Claude was afraid incase they turned their back on him, but he knew they wouldnt. Toni wasn't accustomed to Claudes attire, the last time he seen him he wore a black leather jacket and green cargo pants. This time, Claude is wearing a maroon colored t-shirt and dark blue jeans. Another thing Toni realised, this kid could talk.

"So when did you speak your first words?" Toni laughed

"I got an operation about a few years back, finally I can talk again instead of going around saying jack shit"

Both men laughed but Toni's faced slowly dropped and Claude knew what was coming up next.

"One thing kid that has been biting at my nuts for four years, why?" Toni asked, wanting to hear the truth.

"Why I killed Salvatore?" Claude asked, Toni nodded. "I wanna know why he tried to kill me Toni!"

"What are you talking about" Toni was becomming a little angry.

"Well, Sal and I met up at his place and he told me that I had one more mission left before I could become a 'made man'. He says I ahve to dump a car down at the crusher, so like any loyal person would do, I accept" Claude sighed and shook his head. "So I get to the location Sal sends me to, and I'm one second away from opening that door, I get a message on my pager, it was Maria. Turns out that Sal planted a bomb on that car, trying to wipe me out. Maria said it was her fault because she told him me and her were close. We were never close Toni!"

Toni looked bewildered. "Wha- Why would Sal wanna do something like that for. I have known him and respected him for years, I- I'm shocked kid, truely I am."

"Why are you here Toni? I thought the sea made you sick" Claude chuckled

Toni grunted "Joey sent me down here, little prick said that I have to wait here for some sort of special delivery. I dunno what the **** it's gonna be, probably a new car or somethin'.

"I wish I had more time to talk Toni but I'm leaving. I'm headed out to Staunton Island"

"Why Staunton, people wanna kill you there too ya' know"

"Yeah, but I'm planning something Toni. Something bigger than this city can handle, and I need you to be either on my side or out of Portland."

Toni looked at Claude with an uneasy look. "What are you planning kid?"

Claude laughed and tapped his nose. "I'm taking down Leone for good!"

Toni nodded "Goodluck Kid, I'll catch ya' around."

Claude and Toni shook hands. Claude was glad that he and Toni were on level terms, he respected Toni and looked up to him. Claude and 8Ball entered the banshee and they roared off out of the docks. A few moments later, a delivery truck slowly entered the docks. That must be them Toni mumbled to himself. Toni signalled the van over and it pulled to a hault right beside Toni. Toni, from the beginning didn't like the docks, he knew bad things happened there, and today was no different. The black tinted windows pulled down and a Triad pointed an UZI at Toni. OH SHIT!

Moments Earlier

The blue banshee ripped past the docks in true speedy fashion until Claude noticed a grey van go past them, in an instant Claude stamped his foot on the brakes.

"Shit Man what the ****?"

"Triad van" Claudes sounded worried. He watched the van enter the docks, Toni was set-up! "Shit Toni"

Claude put his foot down and the banshee geared into action. Claude entered the docks and saw Toni, lieing down in a puddle of blood. Claude pulled the car next to Toni and both men jumped out.

"Toni, jesus **** Toni"

"Motha****ers are still here Claude, deal with Toni I got cha' back bro"

Claude new this was a bad situation, Triads have dissappeared but he knew they'd be back, but Toni was shot in the gut which made things alot worse. Claude dragged Toni inch by inch over to the car, but the car was a two-seater. They needed to find another means of transport.

"TRIADS," 8Ball screamed "GET READY FOR THEM"

Claude set Toni up against the car and he joined 8Ball, both men had pistols aimed at the triad van. The van got closer, closer, closer and at that moment in time both men unleashed their guns at the window of the van and bullets began to soar through the air, the velocity smashing the van window into peices. The van suddenly spun out of control and it crashed into a pillar. Claude and 8Ball wasted no time and surronded the driver door.

"On Three" Claude said

"Aiight.." 8Ball replied, worried incase there was more than more.

Claude nodded his head once, then again then one more time and he opened the door and pointed his gun, but there was no need. The driver had been caught in the head by one of the bullets. Claude sighed and pulled him out of the van.

"Shit, there goes our lead"

"What the **** happened?"

"I don't know, but something weird is going on in Liberty City!"

Claude and 8Ball moved away from the van and went back to Toni who was laughing.

"What are you so happy for?" Claude asked

Toni pulled up his shirt to reveal a bullet proof vest. "I knew that bastard would double cross me! Joey Leone, just made the biggest mistake of his life!" Toni slowly pulled himself up. "Alright kid, heres the plan. You and 8Ball take your asses to Staunton Island, now I know where theres a little house near the water, get to it and lay there 'till I get to ya'"

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna sort matters out elsewhere. In Staunton, go to see Donald Love and he'll take care of you for awhile"

Claude was questioning Toni, Donald Love disappeared on Claude a few years back. Where did he go?

"Watch your back Toni"

"You too kid"

With that, Claude and 8Ball got into the banshee and left portland harbour. Toni had been betrayed by a family that he served for many years, he had only one thing on his mind, and that was Revenge!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.