Awareness of Falling Asleep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkC
You know that you're really never aware of the moment when you actually fall asleep(a part of the brain starts feeding the nervous system dope so you're unconscious of the fact) but I actually was aware one time.
The feeling's really weird. You start going numb and feel as if you're shrinking into your body. You can't see diddly-squat. Heard echoes.

I tried to shift back to awakefulness, but it wouldn't let me. I tried to move, but only budged my finger. Tried to scream, but only a grunt escaped.

It was a little frightening; I was stuck in this weird twilight place between awakening and slumber. Didn't know how to get out. Eventually I "woke up" first, before I "fell asleep".

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

mattador
whoa, sounds scary.

DarkC
Sort of is, but it was a rush being able to move my fingers again!

xLiNdS x 622x
weird shocking

DarkC
Uh huh. How are you Linds?

mattador
I like that feeling when your foot falls asleep. Its all tingly big grin

xLiNdS x 622x
good, you?

Happy Halloween! big grin

Cletus_Kasady
Pins and needles on your legs the best. It's like you've got a huge boot on.

DarkC
Originally posted by mattador
I like that feeling when your foot falls asleep. Its all tingly big grin
No, it was more on the chest and face.
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
good, you?

Happy Halloween! big grin
I'm good. Hey, whatcha doing for tonight?

Da preacher
Originally posted by DarkC
You know that you're really never aware of the moment when you actually fall asleep(a part of the brain starts feeding the nervous system dope so you're unconscious of the fact) but I actually was aware one time.
The feeling's really weird. You start going numb and feel as if you're shrinking into your body. You can't see diddly-squat. Heard echoes.

I tried to shift back to awakefulness, but it wouldn't let me. I tried to move, but only budged my finger. Tried to scream, but only a grunt escaped.

It was a little frightening; I was stuck in this weird twilight place between awakening and slumber. Didn't know how to get out. Eventually I "woke up" first, before I "fell asleep".

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Something kinda like it happened to me when i was 6.
I had a nightmare but then i came awake, kinda, let's say aware. I was scared shitless by the nightmare and i wanted to cry for help but couldn't........no sound escaped my lips. I couldn't even move. ( i was runnin' away from a witch in the nightmare :lol) big grin

Happened to me once again i was awake but I couldn't move nor breath, my body was still sleepin'.

Fianna

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? That used to happen to me alot...still does sometimes...it's pretty terrifying but apparently quite normal..called sleep paralysis supposedly..

DarkC
Ooh.

(runs off to do research)

xLiNdS x 622x
No, it was more on the chest and face.

I'm good. Hey, whatcha doing for tonight?
I'm going trick or treating! big grin And i'm being a nerd laughing out loud
what are you doing?

DarkC
Stay-at-home.

xLiNdS x 622x
Sounds like fun icon5

DarkC
I was going to dress as a scarecrow and sit limp on the porch, then lunge as the kids leave.

nick1811
i haven't ever been conscious of falling asleep, but once i was aware that i was in a dream, and so i could do all the things that I'd ever wanted to do! for about 5 minutes, then i woke up after i crashed a car or something...

xLiNdS x 622x
were? And why aren't you now?

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by nick1811
i haven't ever been conscious of falling asleep, but once i was aware that i was in a dream, and so i could do all the things that I'd ever wanted to do! for about 5 minutes, then i woke up after i crashed a car or something...
Most of my dreams are like that happy

DarkC
Originally posted by nick1811
I only ever had that happen once. yes
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
were? And why aren't you now?
Mom thought it was a stupid idea. Screw her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.