Plagueis and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Sorry, if this was brought up in books before, but

Why did Plagueis create Anakin if he was meant to destroy the Sith? I mean the prophecy said that Anakin would bring balance to the Force by eliminating the Sith, but it was Plagueis who created him. Or was the prophecy misread?

Se7in
Perhaps Plagueis didn't know of the prophecy. Anakin did bring balance back to the Force, but you have a good question. Maybe he thought the prophecy was fake or didn't believe it.

DrDoom101
Where's Deus Ex? anyway, i got the idea from Glentract's question. Why did Plagueis create Anakin again?

Deus Ex
The prophecy is probably bull perpetuated by the jedi so that they -would- accept Anakin into their ranks.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Sorry, if this was brought up in books before, but

Why did Plagueis create Anakin if he was meant to destroy the Sith? I mean the prophecy said that Anakin would bring balance to the Force by eliminating the Sith, but it was Plagueis who created him. Or was the prophecy misread?

Didn't Plagueis NOT create Anakin?

Tangible God
Again, the whole "GL leaving the audience in the dark on purpose." We don't know if Plagueis created him or not.

DrDoom101
i thought he manipulated the midi-chlorians for Shmi to have anakin

Tangible God
GL stated in an interview that he purposely has left that plot-hole a mystery.

Darth_Glentract
Many things point to Plagueis creating Anakin, but it isn't known for sure.

Se7in, the Sith did know about the prophecy. They referred to him as the Sith'ari.

DrDoom101
Then why did they create him?

Deus Ex
Actually, I don't recall Sith'ari from anything but dubious sources. And the definition of the Sith'ari is a Sith who brings balance and furthers the ambitions of the Sith (Which is a contradiction to me) and in doing so will annihilate most of the Jedi and Sith. I suppose Anakin fits this line up.

Ushgarak
Remember that although the audience is informed by GL on what the Prophecy means, the protagonists and antagonists in the story are not sure at all.

henniestevens
"protagonists and antagonists"
never heard those words before

Deus Ex
Protagonists are heroes, etc.

Antagonists are not heroes or juxtaposed to them.

henniestevens
ok thx

overlord
George Lucas probably quickly made the Plageius thing up before making episode III, I don't think he even gives a damn why or if this guy even created Anakin.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by overlord
George Lucas probably quickly made the Plageius thing up before making episode III, I don't think he even gives a damn why or if this guy even created Anakin.
This is probably true.

henniestevens
some months before ROTS I found a page with history of the jedi and sith. It was on the site of SuperShadow so I thought. It was just all bullshit. But there was 1 part which told about plagieus, who was Sidious master and was killed by him in his sleep. I was suprised to hear the same story in ROTS. So maybe George Lucas used a SS story!

Borbarad
Well...

The "Sith'ari" is at least mentioned in KotoR while Revan is at the Academy on Korriban.

About the "chosen one" and the prophecy: Since I have the ROTS DVD + a nice bonus DVD. There is a feature on the Bonus DVD talking about the "Chosen One".

Lucas doesn't mention where Anakin really did come from (if he was just conceived by midi-chlorians or "created" by Plagueis - that's just speculation) but he directly states that Anakin is the Chosen One and still is the Chosen One when he becomes Vader and finally he fullfils the prophecy by killing the Emperor (thereby ending the Sith). So the prophecy was right and the Chosen One did what he should have done according to the prophecy.

If Plagueis really created Anakin then he probably wanted to create the "Sith'ari" who should be the most powerful being the Galaxy has ever seen (which would have happened if Anakin had ever reached his full potential) and making the Sith Order more powerful than it ever was.

Basically the "Sith'ari" prophecy and the "Chosen One" prophecy can be seen as interpretation of the same "basic prophecy" by the Sith and the Jedi. The "Sith'ari" prophecy would have been fulfilled if Anakin would have joined the Dark Side without losing all of his limbs while the "Chosen One" prophecy is the one that was fullfilled in the end.

overlord
Originally posted by henniestevens
some months before ROTS I found a page with history of the jedi and sith. It was on the site of SuperShadow so I thought. It was just all bullshit. But there was 1 part which told about plagieus, who was Sidious master and was killed by him in his sleep. I was suprised to hear the same story in ROTS. So maybe George Lucas used a SS story!
lol Don't worry, that piece of shit supershadow just went through all the spoilers, he even lined out the basic plot summary before it was released.

The Overmaster
LOL. maybe Plagueis made Anakin to get revenge on Palpatine. He knew palps would kill him eventually and he couldnt stop it, so he was like "what the hell?" "so what if the sith get destroyed, at least my apprentice will get his."

DrDoom101
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.