Best Middle-Earth book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Celestial
Besides what we all know as the greatest Middle-Earth book, the Lord of the Rings, what would you say is the best Middle-Earth book?

mailedbypostman
I know little. no expression I read the trilogy though, and I believe the first to be the best. (Fellowship of the Ring)

Exabyte
Yay for the Lays of Beleriand hyper ermm

Now I remember what I wanted to say... surprise, surprise, there is already a thread like this... not only one but like... a dozen happy isn't that a lovely thing dontgetit

bogen
i liked the Sillmarilion

DanielLB
Hmmmm....this is tough one. I would have to say LOTR as a trilogy (including the Hobbit) beacuse they were the first books i read out of the series and is very intereesting etc and all the other reasons why we fans love it soooooo much. But then the Silmarillion was also excellent beacuse it told the history of ME and was v. interesting to read (but with hardly any dialogue it made it harder to understand.)

Therefore, im going to have to say LOTR and Simarillionbig grin

All the other books in the series, including the lays of Beleriand and The Shaping of ME, are also excellent and thats why i dont like choosing between things because to me they are all great and i love them to bitsbig grin

Mandos
I must say LotR as a trilogy, but The Sillmarillon is my favorite by far.

DarkC
Hobbit.

Daniel_Potter
Return of the King woulf be my fav

shaber
That's very tough. The Hobbit is really a children's book and the Silmarillion is in a rather arid format (although Anthony Burgess liked it!)

Bar-en-Danwedh
as i said in last 47 threads that asked this...

the Silmarillion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.