Who can take down Superman in a Physical battle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Who can take down Superman in a Physical battle?

no energy etc

RAGE17
aunt may

golem370
Kurse,Mindless Hulk,Destroyer Armor,Immortal Hercules,Champion,Classic Juggernaut and Ultimate Juggernaut.etc etc

Lucid Lui
Gladiator, Longshot, Supergirl's apparently stronger, but would probably still get her ass kicked.

How strong was Rune King Thor?

Marvel=DC
Me I've done it before and I'll do it again.boxingboxboxed

spiderman44
supermans just a gay lil wenne

Marvel=DC
Originally posted by spiderman44
supermans just a gay lil wenne

Not the one i know. wink

Adam Warlock
A slugfest? Hulk and Juggs stand a good chance.

Dizzle
Hulk and Juggs, skyfathers and up, Batman with his sweet gauntlets. Champion, the Runner... Hercules, Thor, and WW probably could if no other powers (speed included) got factored in. Whole buncha people, really.

Marvel=DC
yep

chris_64256
you all have lost your damn minds....

Marvel=DC
no mines is still in my head and you? laughing

roughrider
In a pure physical battle, only one for sure I can think of - Captain Marvel.

gautam
no way thor herc or juggy could take supes.....superman would only lose to Thor because of his magical hammer...without it....hes screwed...Hercules the same as Thor....and Juggernaut may have superior duribility....but superman has strength...speed...reaction time...and so superman will atleast stalemate Juggernaut....

gautam
The only people, herald level and below, that can beat superman in a physical battle are possibly Hulk Gladiator...in Marvel that is

ImmortalOne
Hulk cant, Juggernaut......... Glads......... Hmm... too much to list !!!

Anyone that uses physical power above HERALD !!!!

And, oh yeah, someone mentioned Batman's gauntlet, was that the one he used against Spawn :???

olympian
In a slugfest or h2h?

He loses the majority to guys who do that kind of figthing all the time.

Thor even without Mjolnir.

Savage Hulk.

Gladiator.

Immortal Heracles even without the mace.

Namor if its underwater.

Classic Juggernaut.

Wonder Woman.

Captain marvel.

And that is not counting guys that are above the ones listed.

Arahan
Drax with Power Gem

Juntai
Fact is, Superman is more consistantly drawn being in higher caliber of many of the important aspects of a physical fight, being in strength, durability, speed, flight, skill, and experience as far as Earth beings are concerned.

He may not be the absolute top in your opinion in all of these categories, but it's undoubted that he's in the highest tier.. and when you add it all up, not many characters could bring this much depth to a physical fight and blow for blow with the Man of Tomorrow.

ZephroCarnelian
Pre or Post?

Pre - even if you don't allow him TDP's etc, he'd still whupp most people with his limitless speed, strength and total invulnerability to all physical harm that isn't K, RSR or Magic.

Post - a few people could put up a good fight and/or beat him.

Glads, Thor, CM, Jugs. Hulk wouldn't stand a chance as he'd be outmaneuvered.

Cosmic Cube
Is Superman allowed to speedblitz? That can shorten or extend the list.

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Pre or Post?

Pre - even if you don't allow him TDP's etc, he'd still whupp most people with his limitless speed, strength and total invulnerability to all physical harm that isn't K, RSR or Magic.

Post - a few people could put up a good fight and/or beat him.

Glads, Thor, CM, Jugs. Hulk wouldn't stand a chance as he'd be outmaneuvered.
I think it's Post-crisis. Pre-crisis Superman isn't in continuity.

In my honest opinion, Pre-crisis Supes shouldn't be involved in vs. threads. He basically did whatever the writers wild imaginations could dream up. Back in that day, comics weren't taken as seriously as they are today. They were almost like Looney Tunes, with a more serious tone. Pre-crisis Superman could be written to beat just about anyone by gaining a 'yet undiscovered' power in every issue. I don't know if there are any powers Pre-crisis Superman didn't have.

Many pre-crisis feats defied not just physics, but logic as well. Post-crisis Supes is still mega-powerful, but he is geared towards the more mature reader, and is powered more sensibly.

Superman can outmanuever Hulk or Juggernaut. He would outmaneuver Juggy even easier than Hulk, but he wouldn't be able to put a scratch on Juggy.

I don't quite understand what kgkg means by fighting a "physical match." Does that mean that Superman can use all of powers except heat vision? Clarify.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Is Superman allowed to speedblitz? That can shorten or extend the list.

I think it's Post-crisis. Pre-crisis Superman isn't in continuity.

In my honest opinion, Pre-crisis Supes shouldn't be involved in vs. threads. He basically did whatever the writers wild imaginations could dream up. Back in that day, comics weren't taken as seriously as they are today. They were almost like Looney Tunes, with a more serious tone. Pre-crisis Superman could be written to beat just about anyone by gaining a 'yet undiscovered' power in every issue. I don't know if there are any powers Pre-crisis Superman didn't have.

Many pre-crisis feats defied not just physics, but logic as well. Post-crisis Supes is still mega-powerful, but he is geared towards the more mature reader, and is powered more sensibly.

Superman can outmanuever Hulk or Juggernaut. He would outmaneuver Juggy even easier than Hulk, but he wouldn't be able to put a scratch on Juggy.

I don't quite understand what kgkg means by fighting a "physical match." Does that mean that Superman can use all of powers except heat vision? Clarify.
Superman can use all his powers but his opponents can use any attack (that is physical)

Speed, etc is allowed

illadelph12
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman can use all his powers but his opponents can use any attack (that is physical)

Speed, etc is allowed

Supes can or can't use all his powers?

Cosmic Cube
Well, just about anyone without super-speed is counted out. Thor could probably give him a good fight, but without Mjolnir he would be at a disadvantage. I'm pretty sure that Gladiator would win his share of fights.

Guys like Surfer are out of it. Surfer would have to amp a lot to get to Superman-level strength, and he doesn't seem like a good physical fighter. The best he could do is outmanuever and avoid Superman using his speed.

There aren't a lot of guys who can mess with the Man of Steel without exploiting some of his weaknesses.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by illadelph12
Supes can or can't use all his powers?

Can (I think.)

His opponents are limited to physical attacks, not him.

Marvel=DC
Only ones that really come to mind are Thor,WW,MM, Juggernaut,Lobo,Doomsday,Mongul and Hulk.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
Only ones that really come to mind are Thor,WW,MM, Juggernaut,Lobo,Doomsday,Mongul and Hulk.

Superman has Superspeed. And he's not fighting PIS/CIS style.

Thor has a chance, but he doesn't have Mjolnir. Supes wins more often than not.

Wonder Woman has a chance, but with no bracelets and lassoe, she stand less of a chance than Thor.

Martian Manhunter can't use telepathy, or any other mental abilities. He goes down hard.

Lobo... damnit. He's too inconsistant. If this is ridiculous blood-clone Lobo, he would be a threat, but he lacks the speed Superman has.

Hunter-Prey Doomsday, or Gog Wars Doomsday would probably take Superman, if Superman allows Doomsday to land enough punches. I'm sure that Superman could evade Doomsday if he wanted to, but he won't be able to inflict any damage.

Juggernaut can't be physically harmed, but that doesn't mean Supes is going to let Juggy pound on him, either. I don't see Juggy winning, but then again, he can't lose, either.

Hulk would haved to be pissed off Savage Hulk to even stand a chance. Only a pissed Savage Hulk or above could withstand a speedblitz from Supes and keep coming. Even then, he's too slow to hit Superman if Superman doesn't want to be hit. However, Hulk would be durable enough to stay in the fight for the long run. The only way I see Hulk coming out on top is if Superman gets frustrated by not being able to KO a pissed off Savage Hulk, and instead he tries to outmuscle him. That would be a big mistake. evil face

Otherwise, it's a draw. There's no effective physical means of attack against a raging Savage Hulk, or Mindless Hulk. Both are virtually impervious to damage, and pretty much impossible to KO. The only way Superman could win in such a situation would be to calm Hulk down.

GODSCRIBE
Asgardian Destroyer, Champion and Drax (with power gem).

Tittanus possibly.

Marvel=DC
Superman has Superspeed. And he's not fighting PIS/CIS style.

Thor has a chance, but he doesn't have Mjolnir. Supes wins more often than not.

Wonder Woman has a chance, but with no bracelets and lassoe, she stand less of a chance than Thor.

Martian Manhunter can't use telepathy, or any other mental abilities. He goes down hard.

Lobo... damnit. He's too inconsistant. If this is ridiculous blood-clone Lobo, he would be a threat, but he lacks the speed Superman has.

Hunter-Prey Doomsday, or Gog Wars Doomsday would probably take Superman, if Superman allows Doomsday to land enough punches. I'm sure that Superman could evade Doomsday if he wanted to, but he won't be able to inflict any damage.

Juggernaut can't be physically harmed, but that doesn't mean Supes is going to let Juggy pound on him, either. I don't see Juggy winning, but then again, he can't lose, either.

Hulk would haved to be pissed off Savage Hulk to even stand a chance. Only a pissed Savage Hulk or above could withstand a speedblitz from Supes and keep coming. Even then, he's too slow to hit Superman if Superman doesn't want to be hit. However, Hulk would be durable enough to stay in the fight for the long run. The only way I see Hulk coming out on top is if Superman gets frustrated by not being able to KO a pissed off Savage Hulk, and instead he tries to outmuscle him. That would be a big mistake. evil face

Otherwise, it's a draw. There's no effective physical means of attack against a raging Savage Hulk, or Mindless Hulk. Both are virtually impervious to damage, and pretty much impossible to KO. The only way Superman could win in such a situation would be to calm Hulk down.

I was thinking all that too but, WW can still ahve her bracelets since they aren't a power but, part of the oufit right? it's kinda like Superman but, no cape.

NoFate007
Most characters

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by NoFate007
Most characters

no

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
I was thinking all that too but, WW can still ahve her bracelets since they aren't a power but, part of the oufit right? it's kinda like Superman but, no cape.

I guess. Ask kgkg.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Asgardian Destroyer, Champion and Drax (with power gem).

Tittanus possibly.

yup

hawkwind
absorbing man

brainchild81
Classic Juggs would kill Supes easy. Supes would probably hurt himself just punching him. 1 Jugs punch and Supes dies or is hurt too much to stop the following punches and then he dies.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
How strong was Rune King Thor?

Well he stopped Mangog in his tracks, and Mangog is like Thanos-level in strength, who is far above Superman, so Rune King Thor would whup him.

Here's a list of Marvel guys that could beat Superman in a slugfest:

- Hulk (Onslaught-breaker)
- Juggernaut (Classic, Eighth Day, Trion)
- Immortal Hercules
- Thor (Classic, King, Wisdom of the Runes)
- Gladiator
- Hyperion (Squadron Supreme, Exiles)
- Tyrant
- Galactus
- Thanos
- Anyone with the Power Gem and or IG/HOTU
- Drax the Destroyer (2nd Incarnation)
- Maxam
- Mangog
- Any Abstract Being
- Silver Surfer (amped up in strength)
- Morg (w/ WOL)
- Sentry (amped up in strength)
- Genis (amped up in strength)
- Asgardian Destroyer
- Any Celestial
- Champion of the Universe
- Odin (amped up in strength)
- Zeus (amped up in strength)
- Onslaught (from his final battle @ full power)
- Super Nova
- Terminus/ Ultra Terminus
- Korvac
- Magnus (from the Exiles, hehehe all he has to do is touch him and he wins, if u know his powers u know wut im talking about)
- Beta Ray Bill (Classic, From Stormbreaker: Saga of BRB #5 & 6)
- Atlas (@ Max Size, i know ALOT of u are disagreeing with me on this but if this guy, @ only about 50-60 feet, can damn-near KILL Genis in only a few hits, then i think he can do some serious damage to pretty much anyone @ his max size, which i believe none of us have even seen yet, but so far the biggest he's grown is either in one of the first issues of New T-Bolts when he held up the UN Building or in Thunderbolts Volume 1 issue #1 when he got extremely pissed off at the Absorbing Man.)

*Im sure there's probly more guys who could take out Supes in a brawl but ive just named ALOT, i dont feel like writing any more.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by brainchild81
Classic Juggs would kill Supes easy. Supes would probably hurt himself just punching him. 1 Jugs punch and Supes dies or is hurt too much to stop the following punches and then he dies.

Aren't you undercutting Supes just a tad? erm

I mean, he's fought very powerful magically powered foes without being instantly killed by their attacks. Besides, Supes doesn't even have to let Juggy touch him.

Juntai
Originally posted by armandovalles
Well he stopped Mangog in his tracks, and Mangog is like Thanos-level in strength, who is far above Superman, so Rune King Thor would whup him.

Here's a list of Marvel guys that could beat Superman in a slugfest:

- Hulk (Onslaught-breaker)
- Juggernaut (Classic, Eighth Day, Trion)
- Immortal Hercules
- Thor (Classic, King, Wisdom of the Runes)
- Gladiator
- Hyperion (Squadron Supreme, Exiles)
- Tyrant
- Galactus
- Thanos
- Anyone with the Power Gem and or IG/HOTU
- Drax the Destroyer (2nd Incarnation)
- Maxam
- Mangog
- Any Abstract Being
- Silver Surfer (amped up in strength)
- Morg (w/ WOL)
- Sentry (amped up in strength)
- Genis (amped up in strength)
- Asgardian Destroyer
- Any Celestial
- Champion of the Universe
- Odin (amped up in strength)
- Zeus (amped up in strength)
- Onslaught (from his final battle @ full power)
- Super Nova
- Terminus/ Ultra Terminus
- Korvac
- Magnus (from the Exiles, hehehe all he has to do is touch him and he wins, if u know his powers u know wut im talking about)
- Beta Ray Bill (Classic, From Stormbreaker: Saga of BRB #5 & 6)
- Atlas (@ Max Size, i know ALOT of u are disagreeing with me on this but if this guy, @ only about 50-60 feet, can damn-near KILL Genis in only a few hits, then i think he can do some serious damage to pretty much anyone @ his max size, which i believe none of us have even seen yet, but so far the biggest he's grown is either in one of the first issues of New T-Bolts when he held up the UN Building or in Thunderbolts Volume 1 issue #1 when he got extremely pissed off at the Absorbing Man.)

*Im sure there's probly more guys who could take out Supes in a brawl but ive just named ALOT, i dont feel like writing any more. A lot of those characters really couldn't imo, and the rest need to manifest immitated strength through dynamics of other powers.. but very few of those are known to have a strength relative to Superman's... as I said earlier..

Superman is more consistantly drawn being in higher caliber of many of the important aspects of a physical fight, being in strength, durability, speed, flight, skill, and experience as far as Earth beings are concerned. Universally there are quite a few would give a challenge Superman.

He may not be the absolute top in your opinion in all of these categories, but it's undoubted that he's in the highest tier.. and when you add it all up, not many characters could bring this much depth to a physical fight and blow for blow with the Man of Tomorrow.

Cosmic Cube
This fight is basically asking who can defeat Superman while using none of their powers other than strength, speed, fighting ability, and durability, while Superman is allowed to use ALL of his abilities. The list of guys who can do it isn't very long...

leonidas
yah, that list is kind of ridiculous. i mean abstracts?? no sh!t they can beat him. trion juggs? power gem wielders? i think it would be all right to consider anyone skyfather and above as safely out of supes league 1on1. i don't think those are the individuals kg is looking at.

and he neglected to say that supes could in turn beat nearly any one on that list at LEAST as often as they would beat him. herc, thor, glads, hyp, drax, maxam, thor . . .

any regular top tier hero can give him a match. i'll contend he would beat most more often than not, but there is no chance one of them would beat him all the time in a physical battle or without resorting to exploiting one of his weaknesses.

zachrivard
jackie chan w/ talismans could

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonidas
yah, that list is kind of ridiculous. i mean abstracts?? no sh!t they can beat him. trion juggs? power gem wielders? i think it would be all right to consider anyone skyfather and above as safely out of supes league 1on1. i don't think those are the individuals kg is looking at.

and he neglected to say that supes could in turn beat nearly any one on that list at LEAST as often as they would beat him. herc, thor, glads, hyp, drax, maxam, thor . . .

any regular top tier hero can give him a match. i'll contend he would beat most more often than not, but there is no chance one of them would beat him all the time in a physical battle or without resorting to exploiting one of his weaknesses.

lol, you said Thor twice...

But I completely agree.

leonidas
that's because i really like thor . . .

btw, 2 of them could ALMOST definitely beat supes . . .

stick out tongue

DrDoom101
Trion Juggernaut could and so can numerous others

JediMasterLuke5
Doomsday probally, no one else though.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Doomsday probally, no one else though.

laughing

Please, somebody do something about this guy. And we all thought Wolverine fanboys were bad...

Jargon343
DD has no problem keeping up with Superman, supes has said that blatantly many times. H/P DD was whooping Superman good and would have killed him if it weren't for Waverider; Superman would have been a smear on the ground if Gog Wars Doomsday had been interested in fighting with him.

NoFate007
HELLO, i just realized I read the thread wrong earlier lol. I thought it was "who can superman take down", instead of vice versa.

Opposite of what I said. Not many people can take down Superman in a physical fight. If you count intelligence as a factor, Batman can win, and has many times. If you don't, I don't know who can beat Superman without energy based powers. Doomsday, we all know that one. Lobo maybe, etc.

roughrider
Originally posted by NoFate007
HELLO, i just realized I read the thread wrong earlier lol. I thought it was "who can superman take down", instead of vice versa.

Opposite of what I said. Not many people can take down Superman in a physical fight. If you count intelligence as a factor, Batman can win, and has many times. If you don't, I don't know who can beat Superman without energy based powers. Doomsday, we all know that one. Lobo maybe, etc.

I tend to concur. Superman can be beaten, but a physical slugfest is the hardest way to do it, I think. You have to find ways around Supes powers; pure power punchup is the tallest mountain to climb.
Thor w/mjolnir can, but that's because of hammer's magic nature. Without mjolnir, is a draw at best.
Juggernaut can wreck someone, but Supes can still hold his own with him. The thing with Cain is even if he can't win, durabillty means he doesn't lose either. He's a question mark.
Thanos needs more trickery to best opponents; despite durability, is just average h2h.
Darkseid can match him, but usually pulls out the omega beams to come out on top.
Hulk I'm not convinced of, despite his savagery and increasing strength.
Gladiator IS Supes in another reality; just a stalemate.

I first felt only confident about Captain Marvel. I will add to the list Doomsday, Champion of the Universe, Drax w/ power gem, Kurse (vicious) and possibly Beta Ray Bill.

Sixth_Winged
Captain Marvel, Majestic, Supreme, Black Adam, Mangog, Kurse, PC validus, Glaidator, Hulk, Maul(dunno the win/lose ration though)

The Ion
Depends on what you mean. If they have to win the majority out of 10, the list isn't long. Superman's strength and durability are nearly unparalled when it comes to those herald level and below. Without Mjolnir/Stormbreaker, Thor and Bill couldn't take a majority. He's too fast for them. Wonder Woman would be owned quickly without her weapons. Hulk, Juggernaut and other powerhouses are much too slow in comparison so at best it becomes a stalemate.

I'd say Captain Marvel and Black Adam have the best chances of anyone and of course all the other Superclones(Sentry, Supreme, Mon-El, etc).

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Ultimate Rage
aunt may colossus, but hed lose badly.

roughrider
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Captain Marvel, Majestic, Supreme, Black Adam, Mangog, Kurse, PC validus, Glaidator, Hulk, Maul(dunno the win/lose ration though)

Hey, is that an Alex Ross painting of Celestials, in your signature?

cheap cabbage
Superman shit kicks everybody into the sun.

Nobdody beats superman, ever.

roughrider
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Superman shit kicks everybody into the sun.

Nobdody beats superman, ever.

Except Lobo?

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by roughrider
Except Lobo?

Yes except lobo, the man of steel has no need to soil his sun by tossing lobo into it. He knocks him into orbit convinces him to leave like he always does.

Quick Freeze
general zod and ultraman and eradicator

Psycho Ninja
Erad no, Ultra no, Zod tie.....

Glads cant, Supez is a good talker..........
SS cant
Thor cant (no Magicx)
BA and Marvel cant beacuse...... no magic

Well........ bnatman with gauntlets...
well..... any dude with planet moving powers THAT ARE NOT BASED ON MAGIC, ABSORBTION, OR PSIONIC, JUST PURE BRUTE STRENGTRH !!!

olympian
"Yes except lobo, the man of steel has no need to soil his sun by tossing lobo into it. He knocks him into orbit convinces him to leave like he always does."

Lobo has trashed Superman before. Depends the level hes written with.

"Glads cant, Supez is a good talker.........."

Glads can. Why not?

"Thor cant (no Magicx)"

When Thor its using strenght its not magic. He was born with it.

"BA and Marvel cant beacuse...... no magic"

Unlike Thor, you might have a case with these two.

spideycarnage
Galactus
Thor
Kurse
Doomsday
Hulk
Juggernaut
Abomination
Beta Ray Bill
Hercules
Iron Man(maybe)
Apocalypse
Gladiator
Onslaught
Absorbing Man
Odin

just to name a few

and im pretty sure without supes flying abbilities any one of these guys(supercharged of cource, like Silver Surfer) can throw supes into space or the sun to win this fight.

golem370
If Kurse could beat Thor and Beta Rar Bill together Superman would get beaten rather fast IMO. The Forgotten One could beat him I bet Wendigo could beat him. Champion could beat him. Black Bolt might beat him. Namor in water could beat him.

juggernaut66666
8day classic or trion juggs warhulk onslaught

superbatman86
No version of the hulk or Jugg can beat him they don't have the speed.Haha someone said Namor

spideycarnage
Originally posted by superbatman86
No version of the hulk or Jugg can beat him they don't have the speed.Haha someone said Namor

yeah but the thread said in a physical battle not a race, hulk and juggy can hold there own agianst supes.

Juntai
Originally posted by spideycarnage
yeah but the thread said in a physical battle not a race, hulk and juggy can hold there own agianst supes. Not really.

YourBiggestFan
Will just post the 2 I know that HAVE beaten Superman before in physical means : Doomsday and Lobo, in the 2 Lobo ones I have he wins one rather easily, and he was drunk, 2nd one it was a stalemate somewhat (fight didnt last longer than 2 pages until stopped), also about Doomsday speed, might want to read where superman (in DOS) says that he must try to move faster than Doomsday or he is dead, which he failed to, both died (well.. kind of as both return). Lobo is just as fast and strong, and a better fighter.

edit: spelling, I hope.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Juntai
Not really.

"Who can take down Superman in a Physical battle?

no energy etc"

this fight has nothin so do with energy (eye lazers), flight ability, or super speed ability... just on pure physical stength.

Juntai
Originally posted by spideycarnage
"Who can take down Superman in a Physical battle?

no energy etc"

this fight has nothin so do with energy (eye lazers), flight ability, or super speed ability... just on pure physical stength. It doesn't say anything about no flight or speed..

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Juntai
It doesn't say anything about no flight or speed..

yea but flight and speed has nothin to do with physicality..

Mindship
Guys like Surfer are out of it. Surfer would have to amp a lot to get to Superman-level strength, and he doesn't seem like a good physical fighter. The best he could do is outmanuever and avoid Superman using his speed.

I wouldn't sell Surfer short. While it is not his style to use fisticuffs, he can and has, gone toe to toe with Ben, who is a skilled fighter. Granted, Ben aint as strong as Supes, in which case SS just amps up more. I dont see why he couldnt even amp past Supes' level, in which case, fighting skill becomes even less a factor, since Superman is not exactly a skilled martial artist himself.

Still, given Superman being Superman and having more experience being a physical fighter, I dont see Surfer (with equaled strength) being his superior. Superman wins toe-to-toe 6/10, maybe 7/10.

BobbyD
This thread is rather disturbing because in all honesty, without trying to come off like fanboy, few could take Clark on in a fight when you bring all his physical talents, ie speed, strength, durability, etc....into play. Yeah, sure some may be stronger, some more durable, perhaps some still faster. His total package/combination of skills makes it very difficult for most to take him on in a physical battle without the use of magic, telepathy, psionics, blah, blah, blah. This is a fact-it's not whooping Supes by any means.

id369
Lobo
DoomsDay (well that double ko must count for something)

King KAM
This thread is rediculous, people are saying thor, and Hulk,or even Juggs....this is just plain stupid and everyone here knows it.

King KAM
Originally posted by BobbyD
This thread is rather disturbing because in all honesty, without trying to come off like fanboy, few could take Clark on in a fight when you bring all his physical talents, ie speed, strength, durability, etc....into play. Yeah, sure some may be stronger, some more durable, perhaps some still faster. His total package/combination of skills makes it very difficult for most to take him on in a physical battle without the use of magic, telepathy, psionics, blah, blah, blah. This is a fact-it's not whooping Supes by any means. PRECISLEY!

The Ion
Originally posted by Mindship
I wouldn't sell Surfer short. While it is not his style to use fisticuffs, he can and has, gone toe to toe with Ben, who is a skilled fighter. Granted, Ben aint as strong as Supes, in which case SS just amps up more. I dont see why he couldnt even amp past Supes' level, in which case, fighting skill becomes even less a factor, since Superman is not exactly a skilled martial artist himself.

Supes knows Kryptonian martial arts. They downplay it to make Batman look better. Check out the respect thread.

King KAM
Originally posted by The Ion
Supes knows Kryptonian martial arts. They downplay it to make Batman look better. Check out the respect thread. Kryptonian's arent NEARLY as bad ass as humans.

R.O.T. Yahman
Power Gem Dax and Champion !!!!!!!!!

Captain Marvel maybe ????????

Wonder Woman maybe

Sentry maybe

And thats about it !!!!!!!!!

The Ion
Originally posted by King KAM
Kryptonian's arent NEARLY as bad ass as humans.
Well I'm not saying he's a MA master but it's certainly not fair to say he's unskilled.

R.O.T. Yahman
Well I'm not saying he's a MA master but it's certainly not fair to say he's unskilled.

Agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wins most fights he's in .... its hard to imagine him being a lot stronger than someone like Darksied !

King KAM
Well I'm not saying he's a MA master but it's certainly not fair to say he's unskilled. Ofcourse he is skilled, but he is nowhere near batman in MA skills.

The Ion
Originally posted by King KAM
Ofcourse he is skilled, but he is nowhere near batman in MA skills.
Didn't say he was.

Avalonofthewind

Still, given Superman being Superman and having more experience being a physical fighter, I dont see Surfer (with equaled strength) being his superior. Superman wins toe-to-toe 6/10, maybe 7/10.

Supes is actually a lot more skilled than people think. Let's face it though, when you have that kind of power, why would you bother?

When fighting a kryptonite Bats... he paralyzed him using pressure points.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/7879/supesskillz1eh.th.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/7061/supeskillz22jv.th.jpg

long pig
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes is actually a lot more skilled than people think. Let's face it though, when you have that kind of power, why would you bother?

SMvFL

Superman, by all past accounts would have lost that hardcore. But, being Superman, and he isn't allowed to lose, the writer gave him a new super power/ability. Super Never Poke! Soul Vision! Yay! sad no What the f**k? yes huh confused

Mider
Gog for sure can beat him in physical battle thanos, the magus, thor i dont think he has the skill for it, sentry perhaps, juggernaut is to slow so is hulk, wonderwomen if she went all out could do it perhaps, MM as well but it would have to be ALLLLLLLLLLLLL OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT BLOODLUST but yeah Gog could do it with out breaking a sweat, Magus slaped even thanos around but that was pre ressurected thanos, SS wow that would be one hell of a battle but i see SS losing, drax is to i dont know but i just dont see him winning he doesnt have the brains for it sorry to say if he did then yeah he would probably win, champion has the power but not the brais as seen when he fought SS and Thanos aint to smart is he? :P sorry anyway and power girl? ive heard she's pretty tough Captain Marvel might do it. but these guys are way up there there not punks he would have to go all out against these guys especially the ones with the strenght and endurence of juggernaut but still he might win.

dvampire
Originally posted by long pig
SMvFL

Superman, by all past accounts would have lost that hardcore. But, being Superman, and he isn't allowed to lose, the writer gave him a new super power/ability. Super Never Poke! Soul Vision! Yay! sad no What the f**k? yes huh confused

So basically what you're saying is that Superman isn't allowed to use his MAs skills then? Superman has used his MAs skills in battle countless of times, why not against Batman? confused

Psycho Ninja
Yeah, pig....

Not allowing Supez to use MA is no different than telling Strange to not to use MA while fighting an enemy with no magic in his disposal...

Now I'm sure you wouldnt wanna see a powerless drstrange sodomized by dwarfs, would you ??

juggernaut66666
i heard that even venom beat lobo lobo beat superman so his no match for juggs and hulk

Mindship

I've also seen Big Blue cut a few cool moves. And again, I think he would beat the Surfer, toe-to-toe, more times than not. But just as "Supes is actually a lot more skilled than people think," so is the Surfer, where it also holds that, "when you have that kind of power, why would you bother?"

superbatman86
I've also seen Big Blue cut a few cool moves. And again, I think he would beat the Surfer, toe-to-toe, more times than not. But just as "Supes is actually a lot more skilled than people think," so is the Surfer, where it also holds that, "when you have that kind of power, why would you bother?"
I agree with you but I still think supes has more h2h skills cause well when you hang out with batman you pick up a few things

FrothByte
morg probably. he has been said to be equal to ss in power, but he does have more fighting skills. regular morg could probably beat supes, but it probably only about 3/10.

morg with wol would whoup supes definitely.

Psycho Ninja
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
i heard that even venom beat lobo lobo beat superman so his no match for juggs and hulk

laughing Thats the most "rage17" logic ive ever saw in this thread !!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by long pig
SMvFL

Oh boo hoo.
Supes upgrades his skills/powers once in a while.
You need to do things like that when you're around more than half a century. smile

To add to your list, don't forget about Torquasm Vo..

Avalonofthewind

Agreed with that last statement.
I'd like to see some scans of Surfer actually using some MA techniques.
When not using PC, Surfer seems like an incredible sissy.

Psycho Ninja
Yep.......

Mindship
Agreed with that last statement.
I'd like to see some scans of Surfer actually using some MA techniques.
When not using PC, Surfer seems like an incredible sissy.

I havent kept up with SS over the years. All I have is him dukin' it out with Ben Grimm where he says that, having spent some time on Earth, he has learned "to battle as humans battle" (FF#72). My guess is, that if he wanted to (again, if he saw the need), he could be a very quick study of probably anything, not just fighting skills.

Given all that the Surfer can do, you would think "fast learner" would be among his abilities, just like he should be able to fly w/o his board (rarely shown, though bios state he can). And as much as I like the Surfer, I do gotta admit, when they show him droppin from the sky w/o his board, sometimes they do give him a kinda wussy expression.

In any event, to return to the focus of this thread: Can Surfer drop Superman? Yes. Could he do it repeatedly? Highly doubtful. Surfer would benefit from hanging out with Batman for that.

streekz
An old fail grandad or grand ma wud if they had Kryptonite.
hero tozero in seconds..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.