How Do You Think the Human Race Will Die Out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
How, and when?

DrDoom101
2012. Meteorite, virus, War of the Worlds, Apocalypse...

Echuu
So aliens are going to invade earth DrDoom101? What the f**k?

Bun Bun
We will prolly end up blowing ourselfs up or hurting the earth so much that it becides to End us all!

leonheartmm
hmmm, natural disasters, an unstoppable virus? some bilogical weapon gone mad, world war, nuclear winter, ethnic cleansing leading to all out conflict. and well, thas it, unless sum superhuman does sumthin stupid.

GCG
Meteorite filled with gases will hit the earth.

Upon impact 80% of the world popolus will die. Particles will scatter from the 'splash'. scattering electromagnetic radiation and catalyzing chemical reactions in the upper atmosphere ; those few who survived the inital impact will become mutants and the even fewer who stocked up for years and live in a space station would have found a medical remedy to halt the mutation after years of hibernation in space.

...erm .....i am a bit far fetched but thats my theory

Shakyamunison
If we survive long enough, the circumstances that allowed us to exist will end, and we will slowly die out. Each generation will be less In population than the one before until we vanish.

BackFire
Self inflicted destruction.

Ushgarak
Not going for zombies, BF?

Jedi Priestess
LMAO Ush! laughing out loud damn that was funny

Da preacher
In about 6.000.000.000 years from now the sun will explode and destroy our Galaxy.

So if the human race still exist by then that will be their undoing.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Da preacher
In about 6.000.000.000 years from now the sun will explode and destroy our Galaxy.

So if the human race still exist by then that will be their undoing.

Why should the one sun destroy our Galaxy?

Da preacher
Read it.

debbiejo
God will send a big hand down and squish it! eek!....He always said..."Don't make me come down there"

PVS
Originally posted by Da preacher
Read it.

he did read it.
if the sun died, it would take most of our solar system with it.
but as far as the galaxy is concerned there would be no effect.
so you either picked the wrong word and meant "solar system"
or you need to pay attention in school since thats quite elementary.

Deano
who can tell what will happen. why so much doom and gloom!?

debbiejo
I'm not full of gloom and doom....I'm just waiting for the big hand..eat

PVS
i think mankind has the potential as a race to outlive our own planet,
given we dont all kill eachother, or manage to really piss off some other worldly race capable of killing us all...which will probably happen.

T.M
I dont think the human race will die out. we have evolved to the perfect being so i think that unless there is a huge natural disaster we will survive.

RedAlertv2
We're far from perfect

Eventually oxygen will no longer be readliy available in the atmosphere. New plants will see to that. At that point we better have a backup planet, or some amazing way to create our own oxygen.

T.M
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
We're far from perfect

Eventually oxygen will no longer be readliy available in the atmosphere. New plants will see to that. At that point we better have a backup planet, or some amazing way to create our own oxygen.

by perfect i meant evolutionary terms we don't need to adapt any further. as for environmental issues i agree we are far from perfect we burn things that destroy the ozone layer which if we didn't have we would die. But i am sure future generations will fix the problems we have created.

debbiejo
A back up planet???

Da preacher
Originally posted by PVS
he did read it.
if the sun died, it would take most of our solar system with it.
but as far as the galaxy is concerned there would be no effect.
so you either picked the wrong word and meant "solar system"
or you need to pay attention in school since thats quite elementary.

Yeah, i meant Solar System, but it's difficult to translate these words from Dutch.

I now know that 'Heelal' in Dutch is Galaxy.
En 'zonnestelsel' is solar system.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by BackFire
Self inflicted destruction.

most definately

tabby999
Bush'll decide to nuke the core of the earth "just incase" and that'll be it

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
A back up planet???

Would a back up planet beep? laughing

DrDoom101
Martians will raid our world.

Curl_Up&Dye
the ozone layer is destroyed and kills us all....

id laugh if the aerosol sprays and styrofoam were preserving the ozone.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Would a back up planet beep? laughing

clever...

but seriously, what I meant is this: millions of years ago, there was no oxygen in our atmosphere. New species of plants started producing oxygen, thus killing off almost all other life, until life adapted to breath oxygen. So, it can be assumed something of this sort might happed again (not for millions of years, of course), and if it does, hopefully humans will have found another planet with an oxygen atmosphere.

mailedbypostman
Human race will die out for sure. Maybe from some backaffect of our chaos and wars, maybe from someone upstairs pressing the red button.

Lana
Haven't any of you seen End of the World? stick out tongue

BackFire
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Not going for zombies, BF?

Well, I didn't want to get into specifics...but yes...zombies will be part of the self inflicted destruction. Also, werewolves will be a crucial aspect as well, and possibly sex robots gone mad.

Lana
Sounds like you thought that out a bit, hehe....

BackFire
Yes, it would be a dream come true....sex robots....I'd never have to leave the house.

Lana
Bet you wouldn't be so keen on that if they went evil, though! stick out tongue

BackFire
Well, it would make things more interesting. I'd screw an evil woman, why not an evil robot?

KharmaDog
As a result of their own stupidity.

mailedbypostman
Originally posted by BackFire
Well, it would make things more interesting. I'd screw an evil woman, why not an evil robot?
This robot may not be evil, only malfunctioning and into bondage...

BackFire
Even better!

bogen
We're far from perfect

True but also thats why there saying that mars can be tereformed in 400 years but the argument has been put forward that people will lose intrest and before you say it no they wont because people have spent 1000 years building catherderals so i think that it's in our reach.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
Haven't any of you seen End of the World? stick out tongue

N bu I listened to the song...no expression

debbiejo
There are some really strange beliefs out there about the end of the world....I've just recently heard that, we are going through some dimensional shifts now, that would end with a new world on another vibration level, while the old world (this one) will be left with the people who don't practice unconditional understanding and love....Now this was a new one on me..

FeceMan
In the most deserving fashion.

Rocker2005
Bird Flu will kill us all!

Storm
You will need: a light bulb.

Contemporary scientific theories tell us that what we may see as vacuum is only vacuum on average, and actually thriving with vast amounts of particles and antiparticles constantly appearing and then annihilating each other. It also suggests that the volume of space enclosed by a light bulb contains enough vacuum energy to boil every ocean in the world. Therefore, vacuum energy could prove to be the most abundant energy source of any kind. Which is where you come in. All you need to do is figure out how to extract this energy and harness it in some kind of power plant - this can easily be done without arousing too much suspicion - then surreptitiously allow the reaction to run out of control. The resulting release of energy would easily be enough to annihilate all of planet Earth and probably the Sun too.

Earliest feasible completion date: 2060 or so.

PVS
whistle
http://ned.ucam.org/~sdh31/misc/destroy.html

it also states:

"Feasibility rating: 0/10. This method was originally listed as plausible, but Alan Thomas set me straight: there are about five different ways to calculate the energy of the vacuum, all giving different answers. The methods which give the answers "large" or "infinite" are predicated on dodgy mathematics and almost certainly wrong."

i love his disclaimer:

"Usual "don't try this at home" disclaimers apply. I accept no responsibility for the destruction of Earth or any other celestial body"

Lana
That site is excellent laughing

BobbyD
The same way dinosaurs died....struck by an asteroid or comet.

joeykangaroo
the earth is going to move towards the sun ...and melt yes

debbiejo
I love the "How to move the Earth and how not to"...Like having everyone jump at the same time to move it won't work.... laughing out loud

Storm
Originally posted by PVS
whistle

it also states:

"Feasibility rating: 0/10. This method was originally listed as plausible, but Alan Thomas set me straight: there are about five different ways to calculate the energy of the vacuum, all giving different answers. The methods which give the answers "large" or "infinite" are predicated on dodgy mathematics and almost certainly wrong."

i love his disclaimer:

"Usual "don't try this at home" disclaimers apply. I accept no responsibility for the destruction of Earth or any other celestial body"
Try again, that' s not the one.
Hint: there' s no disclaimer.

PVS
the guy who wrote that is sam hughes and thats
his personal site.

tabby999
like BF said, sex robots, anyone who saw the Futurama "I Dated A Robot" video, they all know how it'll end

GCG
what is really being debated here is the end of the world for humanity, right ?

DarkC
Ice Age or aliens.

Susan-Storm
How
Here is my Belief..First there is a dark plague,it first kills alice evans..then slowly eats away all humans till me and Ioan Gruffudd are left to repopulate the earth

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by PVS
whistle

it also states:

i love his disclaimer:

Thats a cool website. Good news for us, most of those wont be even slightly possible for hundreds of years.

elroar
Well, you won't like what I have to say. There will be a new heaven and earth. The earth as we know it now will change when all of its works will be burned up. This is yet over a thousand years away.

RedAlertv2
please elaborate as to what proof you have that would cause you to believe this is what will occur

kmcdude
Originally posted by Rocker2005
Bird Flu will kill us all!

It will be something like that,A virus that will eventually kill us all

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by PVS
whistle

it also states:

i love his disclaimer:

laughing out loud

RedAlertv2
http://ned.ucam.org/~sdh31/misc/geocide/0.png

jOHN_Anderton
The 7th great extinction may occur sometime between now and 100 years from now due to a planet killer asteroid or comet. I say this because in 7 years we will be crossing the galactic plane of our Milky Way galaxy. This plane of space is very dense with material and the chances of something hitting us goes waaaaaaaay up! We already know this from the geological record on earth. The cyclic nature of such a plane crossing is clear by how craters are patterned on earth and other planets over time. The recent and spectacular series of asteroids that hit Jupiter in the 90's perhaps was the beginning. I kid you not.

So yeah, a rock the size of Texas will wipe out all humans maybe. For the life of me I just don't know why the whole world isn't working together to come up with a plan of what to do should such a threat be upon us. Or at least why the US isn't doing someth . . . oh wait, thats right. There's an ass###e idiot in the Whitehouse and the country is being run by a bunch of religious nuts who have their noses in the bible and not in the science text books! Yeah - they're gonna GET their Armagedden maybe - 'cause THEY are bringing it on themselves!!! LMAO!!! "Bring. IT. On!" Of course it'll come out of the black - no one will see it until it's too late. Won't THAT suck?

grey fox
World war three.

It will start off like this .

A year (possibly two) later everyone will be ignoring iran/Iraq ect. Thanks to some dumb-ass politician they will have Nuclear capability (even though they should be left to rot in their own problems) . Some fanatic will raise everyone up to 'kill the vile Westerners ' or some crap like that .

BOOM

A nuke hit's right in the middle of America, killing roughly a eighth of the population , bush reacts by dropping a nuke on Iraq

BOOM

So next we have the prime minister stepping up (the new one will be as much of a brown nose as the old one) , deciding to get involved even though his aids will inform him that helping America may cause terror attacks to increase on Britain . But he wont care , were British after all.

BOOM

Their will be nukes going here their and everywhere , soon after though one of two things will happen .

A : Firefly becomes a reality.

B: V for Vendetta becomes a reality

Ulven
I'm not concerned about viruses etc...I'm pretty healthy, rarely sick wink

Seriousely though I think that mankind will survive most threaths...If anything actually happens (either war or natural, worldwide disasters of some kind) it won't kill ALL of us, and the rest will slowly rise to power again...

And when I say "the rest" I mean only us Norwegians, we will opress all who oppose us evil face

debbiejo
Originally posted by Ulven

And when I say "the rest" I mean only us Norwegians, we will opress all who oppose us evil face laughing out loud And then you woke up...

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by grey fox
World war three.

It will start off like this .

A year (possibly two) later everyone will be ignoring iran/Iraq ect. Thanks to some dumb-ass politician they will have Nuclear capability (even though they should be left to rot in their own problems) . Some fanatic will raise everyone up to 'kill the vile Westerners ' or some crap like that .

BOOM

A nuke hit's right in the middle of America, killing roughly a eighth of the population , bush reacts by dropping a nuke on Iraq

BOOM

So next we have the prime minister stepping up (the new one will be as much of a brown nose as the old one) , deciding to get involved even though his aids will inform him that helping America may cause terror attacks to increase on Britain . But he wont care , were British after all.

BOOM

Their will be nukes going here their and everywhere , soon after though one of two things will happen .

A : Firefly becomes a reality.

B: V for Vendetta becomes a reality

Now THAT, was AWESOME!

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.