Master Chief versus Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deus Ex
Setting is Ivory Tower. MC is equipped with a battle rifle, a pistol, and nerves of steel. Kun has his double bladed lightsaber.

KingDubya
As much as I would like the Chief to win this, I'm siding with Exar Kun. My reasons:
1) He has force powers
2) He has Jedi reflexes
3) He would dominate if it got to melee combat because he has a LIGHTSABER!

Now, the lightsaber wouldn't help too much against the regular bullets, but up close, Chief wouldn't win, even with the plasma sword.

FYI: Exar Kun is most powerful after he gets rid of his lightsaber and starts using vibroblades and such.

Illustrious
Kun's arguably the fastest individual with a lightsaber in the entire SWU. Force powers would keep the rest of the weapons away until he dices up MC.

KingDubya
*is glad to have not seen any Master Chief fanboys yet*

mailedbypostman
Jedi owns too much for MC too get. He's got the Force, and that's all but impossible to beat without some sort of special power of your own.

DarkC
Originally posted by KingDubya
As much as I would like the Chief to win this, I'm siding with Exar Kun. My reasons:
1) He has force powers
2) He has Jedi reflexes
3) He would dominate if it got to melee combat because he has a LIGHTSABER!

I wasn't aware that the Force could stop a Battle Rifle burst to the head, or make someone quick enough to dodge bullets. <aybe laser blasts, but not bullets. blink

Grabthar
There would have to be force restrictions for it to be a fair fight. If not, a fully empowered dark lord could just break the chiefs body appart inside his suit without much effort. Perhaps if the chief had one of those force inhibiting creatures on his back it could work...

Anyway
The star wars universe has at LEAST the same level of technology of the Halo uni, if not more. We have to assume that people in powered suits aren't a massive threat to the Jedi, or else any bounty hunter with a personal shield generator could get rich. In fact, in Shield Of Lies I think it is two people with personal shield generators (although they are actually illusions) are dispatched fairly quickly by Luke, and in a fight he's nothing on Exar.

Dark Jedi Guardians are just waaay to good at killing to be compared to anyone without superpowers of their own.

Deus Ex
Alright. Let's switch up the fight; Kun still has the force, but he may use it only to aid his blade. MC, meanwhile, has an alien plasma sword.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by DarkC
I wasn't aware that the Force could stop a Battle Rifle burst to the head, or make someone quick enough to dodge bullets. <aybe laser blasts, but not bullets. blink

Erm, please, Exar would still be able to stop the bullets with his lightsabre. Then he would obliterate the Master Chief.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Alright. Let's switch up the fight; Kun still has the force, but he may use it only to aid his blade. MC, meanwhile, has an alien plasma sword.

Kun still wins, he dismembers the Master Chief.

Grabthar
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Kun still wins, he dismembers the Master Chief.

Not if Chief fires a charged plasma pistol shot his way... try blocking that and its goodbye lightsaber.

No Plasma, I gotta say Exar

SaTsuJiN
dear god.. a jedi .. against someone who's practically stone-age in comparison..

make more silly thredz plz big grin

Deus Ex
You must have meant that for Golem. He's done everything just about except for the Beatles versus Mario party.

DarkC
Erm, please, Exar would still be able to stop the bullets with his lightsabre. Then he would obliterate the Master Chief.
Do you not know what a shotgun is?

Darth Traya
And? You are all presuming that the MC will be able to actually get the first shot in, which he won't. Exar would merely stare at the MC and choke him to death, or zap him with Sith powers.

Even if the MC hits him first, which he won't, how the hell is it going to get past his armour? It wouldn't make a scratch.

SaTsuJiN
why even wait for him to think about pulling any kind of trigger.. he'd be jedi mind tricked lickety split and then abused...

and adding to the plethora of rediculous threads doesnt lighten the load in the slightest... its not like these two are evenly matched..

a battle rifle, pistol.. and his.. nerves.. against a lightsaber...and the seemingly infinite ways of the force (force of a jedi master no less)

DarkC
And? You are all presuming that the MC will be able to actually get the first shot in, which he won't. Exar would merely stare at the MC and choke him to death, or zap him with Sith powers.

Even if the MC hits him first, which he won't, how the hell is it going to get past his armour? It wouldn't make a scratch.
Which is pretty much why this is lopsided anyways.

Smasandian
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
why even wait for him to think about pulling any kind of trigger.. he'd be jedi mind tricked lickety split and then abused...

and adding to the plethora of rediculous threads doesnt lighten the load in the slightest... its not like these two are evenly matched..

a battle rifle, pistol.. and his.. nerves.. against a lightsaber...and the seemingly infinite ways of the force (force of a jedi master no less)

Or has to do with any sort of videogames characters.
MC is.
The Jedi isnt.

DarkC
He's a comic book character, ins't he?

SnakeEyes
It's funny, because DarkC's a MC fanboy...

xxxpoppunker182
wow i'm spry for everyone who syas master chief would win but exar is in the top 3 most powerful sith ever and in the top 5 of most powerful force users ever. i mean come on now compare that to MC

and you don't have to have any powers to defeat a jedi or dark jedi or sith. mandalorians did it mandalor did hk-47 did it boba fett jango durge grievous they all did it too.

DarkC
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
It's funny, because DarkC's a MC fanboy...
Sure I am, but that doesn't always mean that I'm completely blind to the other point of view. In this case, I don't know much about Kun, but from what I've heard it's incredibly lopsided. Why create a vs. thread in the first place if you already knew who was going to win?

Tru_Slice
MC is clearly out-classed here...

Illustrious
Ever hear of Mandalorians? People with suits and guns aren't anything new in the SWU, no matter how pimped up MC is.

As for shotguns, there's nothing to say Exar can't just force push it away. And if he has full access to his force powers, can you give reasonable suspicion as to how MC could get out of his force freezing ability?

If it was just his blade, it would still be fair, but MC still has an enemy with a weapon he can't contend with AND happens to know how to use it really well.

K1ll3r
If MC had a vibroblade and Exar Kun couldn't use force powers MC would win. But otherwise Exar Kun would win.

SaTsuJiN
lightsabers cant cut through vibroblades?.. what are VBs made out of ?

CobbleR
Super kick ass metal I would assume. That question came to mind when I played the first KOTOR.

Juntai
Originally posted by Smasandian
Or has to do with any sort of videogames characters.
MC is.
The Jedi isnt. Exar Kun has made appearances or mentioned in some of the Star Wars games.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by K1ll3r
If MC had a vibroblade and Exar Kun couldn't use force powers MC would win. But otherwise Exar Kun would win.

Is that sarcasm? Or plain fanboyism?

Snoopbert
I don't know enough about SW to talkabout this, but quite frankly MC would die. However, Traya, you're the only fanboy here right now.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Snoopbert
I don't know enough about SW to talkabout this, but quite frankly MC would die. However, Traya, you're the only fanboy here right now.

Fangirl if you please.

Anyway, Kun would obliterate the MC, end of story.

KingDubya

If you think for a moment, wouldn't energy travel faster than metal bullets?

KingDubya

*noticed a Jedi/Sith fanboy*

KingDubya

Mind trick only works on the weak minded, which I doubt MC falls into that category.

KingDubya
lightsabers cant cut through vibroblades?.. what are VBs made out of ?
Originally posted by CobbleR
Super kick ass metal I would assume. That question came to mind when I played the first KOTOR.

What many people, even Star Wars fanboys, fail to realize is that in the description of the weapon (given in the game) it is mentioned that vibroblades are made with a cortosis weave, allowing them to block lightsabers.

KingDubya
Many of my last posts may seem a little late, but that's because I didn't log on for some time.

SaTsuJiN
Mind trick only works on the weak minded, which I doubt MC falls into that category. yes but we're talking the malevolent exar kun.. not baby anakin lol

KingDubya
yes but we're talking the malevolent exar kun.. not baby anakin lol
Still, the mind trick basically enhances your ability to manipulate someone's ideas, notions, or thoughts. That requires you to be using it against someone whose thoughts can be manipulated without the Force, hence the term "weak-minded". Master Chief might be susceptible to the mind trick, but probably not enough to make him not defend himself aainst a threat on his life. Besides, in the movies and books I have not seen any instances where the mind trick was used to prevent someone from fighting back, just to make them not notice the person or to agree with that person in some way.

KingDubya
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
and you don't have to have any powers to defeat a jedi or dark jedi or sith. mandalorians did it mandalor did hk-47 did it boba fett jango durge grievous they all did it too.

I'm sorry for this, but I must point this out:

Mandalore and HK-47 from KTOTR II probably did not beat Jedi/Sith by themselves in the catatonic story (it was an RPG and they didn't want to make anyone weaker than what you would encounter). I don't remember any instances where Boba or Jango Fett killed a Jedi or Sith (if there were any, please post them). Durge I cannot explain since I am not sure of the details; I only read a Wikipedia entry on him. General Greivous was trained in lightsaber combat by Count Dooku, and therefore was at least an even match for most Jedi; besides, most Jedi he killed were average Knights or Masters, not people with the power or strength of Obi-Wan, Exar Kun, Anakin/Darth Vader, and Yoda.

SaTsuJiN
Still, the mind trick basically enhances your ability to manipulate someone's ideas, notions, or thoughts. That requires you to be using it against someone whose thoughts can be manipulated without the Force, hence the term "weak-minded".
I would think it to enhance for someone regular.. but I think someone heavily key'ed into the force (as exar is) would have a highly amplified power of suggestion.. but I see what you're saying

I was thinking if guilty spark can get chief to almost activate halo without him asking questions (which, if he had, would show that he isnt gullible) , then mind trick would hardly be a problem to carry out

Great Vengeance
Halos divine wind will vanquish all that oppose it.

xxxpoppunker182

Mandalore and HK-47 from KTOTR II probably did not beat Jedi/Sith by themselves in the catatonic story (it was an RPG and they didn't want to make anyone weaker than what you would encounter). I don't remember any instances where Boba or Jango Fett killed a Jedi or Sith (if there were any, please post them). Durge I cannot explain since I am not sure of the details; I only read a Wikipedia entry on him. General Greivous was trained in lightsaber combat by Count Dooku, and therefore was at least an even match for most Jedi; besides, most Jedi he killed were average Knights or Masters, not people with the power or strength of Obi-Wan, Exar Kun, Anakin/Darth Vader, and Yoda.

boba had a lightsaber from a jedi he killed and he fought vader with it in shadows of the empire the book(and he lost) and you wanna know why jango was picked for being the baseis of the clone army? he killed dooku's apprentess before he had Ventress.durge is 2,000 years old he's killed many jedi it's stated somehwere i'll find out and repost.

exar would win no contest you people who don't know much about him or anything about starwars go to the starwars expanded universe forums and ask about him then you'll understand why all the starwars "fanboys" are so arrogant.

Mc with a vibro blade vs kun with out the force kun would rock master chief's shit still. kun wore armor whats the VB gunno do slice threw it? no it wouldn't.

Illustrious

And to be fair, those other three really shouldn't be mentioned as on par with Exar. Yoda is really the only one even in the same general direction. The rest of them aren't even in Kun's ballpark.

As for force or not, Ulic was able to beat an experienced Jedi Knight without the force, and Kun is superior to Ulic even with the force. This fight is more one-sided than people think. It's no coincidence that most individuals who side with MC don't have a clue about Kun.

Ianus
Yeah, apparently people have not bothered to look up Exar Kun and are assuming that either MC knows how to use a blade good enough to kill someone who trains with a blade all his life or that MC has the ability to sit and shoot a Sith Lord.

Ianus
Hm. Psychic projection coming to me.... I see the end of this fight in my mind's eye...

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4222/mcowned3ew.jpg

SnakeEyes
Nice... smokin'

KingDubya
Originally posted by Illustrious
And to be fair, those other three really shouldn't be mentioned as on par with Exar. Yoda is really the only one even in the same general direction. The rest of them aren't even in Kun's ballpark.

Well, I put them there because they are well known, even to those who don't know much about the SWU.

KingDubya
Originally posted by Ianus
Yeah, apparently people have not bothered to look up Exar Kun and are assuming that either MC knows how to use a blade good enough to kill someone who trains with a blade all his life or that MC has the ability to sit and shoot a Sith Lord.
A perfect way of putting it.

Darth Traya
The Dark lord wins.

DarkC
Um, any way to possibly make this so that it's actually a good battle?

KingDubya
Um, any way to possibly make this so that it's actually a good battle?
Let me think... Make Exar a weakling by stripping him of all his training and force powers, and it'd be pretty fun to watch. stick out tongue

Darth Traya
Yep, or baby Exar

lol.

Illustrious
Have Master Chief put Nekkid Padme under contract? Really, if this was a straight up fight, Exar takes this 10/10.

illuminatiscott
Here's an important thing that we have to consider: A lightsaber wouldn't just disintegrate the bullets into powder, it would melt them. Then Exar Kun is going to have molten lead (or whatever bullets are made from in the 26th century) flying at his head.

With any of the covenant weapons it would be an easy win for Exar, because one would assume that a lightsaber can deflect plasma similarly to how it deflects blaster shots.

Nevertheless, I think Exar would win the majority of the time, mainly because of jedi foresight and reflexes. I do think, however, that with a rocket launcher, shotgun, or other wide-area-of-effect weapon, MC would stand at least a small chance of victory.

Dark-Jaxx
Or Exar can just blast MC to pieces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.