IGN: Top 25 Horror Movies of All-Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nevermind
erm

I'm not too happy with the list to say the least. Judge for yourself. Halloween beat TCM. no

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/662/662450p1.html

MildPossession
Gremlins...

Cinemaddiction
Yay. Another worthless IGN poll, continuing their parade of bloated opinions and bad judgment.

Mandorallen
That was absolutley dreadful.

http://newsfeed.tcm.ie/images/people/simoncowellAP.jpg

Zilverz
i wasnt impressed with this list either /:

BackFire
Not a horrible list, but definately had some questionable films.

It was nice to see The Exorcist somewhere besides the number one spot, though.

Wolfie
Poltergeist was really high on the list.

BackFire
Yeah....that was a little odd.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by BackFire
Not a horrible list, but definately had some questionable films.

It was nice to see The Exorcist somewhere besides the number one spot, though.

i know what you mean.
but i would love a poll where The Shining and The Exoricist arent the number 1 spot.

this poll is horrible.. gremilns..

Wolfie
Silly them... they forgot to list Hellraiser and Psycho....

They did forget, didn't they? confused

-hh-
i agree with The Shining being first. Exorcist is great and all, but it's really overrated. weak list in my opinion.

p_s_luvit1989
WTF, that was 25 of the greatest horror movies? Where is the classics on there? Gremlins, Shun of the dead, Scream? Where has the genre gone to? this list really made me mad b/c TCM was 11 and Pet Cematary was not even on it! I guess to each is own and everyone has their own perspective.

Wolfie
Don't forget the Dawn of the Dead remake was listed. And with no mention of Day of the Dead.

steverules
The original dawn of the dead at no.12, how could they that was my favorite (and probably the best) zombie flick, I mean it was just so cool.
Can anyone tell me what the movie poltergiest (hopefully spelt that right) is about?

danagrint
jaws-4 laughing

steverules
I'm a red head!

kmcdude
Originally posted by MildPossession
Gremlins...

And ''shaun of the dead'' laughing out loud

kmcdude
American werewolf in London? laughing out loud

Wolfie
AWIL is a classic. I'm glad it's recognized on somebody's list.

steverules
I'm recording the shining tomorrow big grin But I still think that the original dawn of the dead deserves no.1 and if not no.1 something at least higher than 12 sad . I think I will watch dawn of the dead tonight cause it is one of my favorite movies.

tpaquin
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031205l.jpg

LizzyT123
umm, Gremlins really isn't a scary movie, and if it is, it isn't the scariest one of all time, seriously. It would be the scariest movie to a 7 year old, man.

I dunno about you guys, but I like the Exorcist and The Shining.

danagrint
I liked the exorcist and the shining too! I loved the shining!! but gremlins!laughinglaughing

Wolfie
We all (at least most of us) like The Exorcist and The Shining. But do they deserve the #1 spot?

Gremlins is a great movie, no doubt about it. It's not exactly horror though.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Wolfie
We all (at least most of us) like The Exorcist and The Shining. But do they deserve the #1 spot?

Gremlins is a great movie, no doubt about it. It's not exactly horror though.

We'll I mean just like romantic comedies are on romance lists, I suppose horror comedies also belong on horror lists. I'm actually happy they took a chance to do something different like that.

LizzyT123
well, I thought there was only one scary part of Gremlins, which was when the evilest Gremlin jumps out of the fountain, and screams and then falls back down or something, while its melting. That part scared me a little bit. But that was when I was a youngin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.