Disney thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hrh_jennifer
Hi,
In media studies I've been asked, for an assignment, to look more closely into childhood films, have noticed the trend in Disney animated films that the main hero/heroine is very rarely brought up in the typical secure nuclear family. They tend to be either orphans, brought up by a single parent, or brought up by others before meeting their true parents, or one or more of their parents die towards the beginning of the movie.
Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on this, or thoughts/comments as to why this might be the case? (Other than coincidence)
Jen

§P0oONY
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/films.asp

Read through some of this.... very funny, probably something you could comment on.

FlappingMangera
I'm not sure why thats the case, but i saw chicken little over the weekend and it seems to hold true.

spooney, most of that snopes stuff was false, i had heard those rumors before never checked out if they were true though

noelluvspotter
QUESTION WHY DOES EVERY MOVIE OF DISNEY HAVE SOME INAPPROPRIATE THING LIKE LION KING IT SAYS SEX IN THE SKY AND THERE ARE SOME OTHER ONES BUT I CAN NOT REMEMBER THEM.

Axeron
oh! NOw i know what you mean

You mean somewhere in the movie, in the clouds there has to be somehting like that.

And in aladdin I heard something to do with clothes when Aladdin was trying to talk to jasmine when he was a prince.

That stuff right?

Susan-Storm
ever since A Evil site Called VMK..Disney has started to lose it innocence..i know i play it..THEN THEN!!!!!!!!!!! CGI Ruins there empire die

redcaped
My favorites are: Sleeping Beauty/Peter Pan/Pinocchio/Hercules. Disney is kind of silly the way they express the world as the way I see the rest of the others which I don't like. I go better to the other far side of the world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.