Last-Gen Console Discussions (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
Okay, I've decided to make a single thread for discussions about the Xbox 360, PS3, and Nintendo Revolution. No, I'm not going to go through and merge all the old threads, because there's a bunch stick out tongue but please, instead of making more new ones, just use this one, okay? It'll help in there not being a billion threads on the same subject, and just for the sake of convenience.

This is just for discussions of the consoles themselves, btw. You can still make seperate threads for the different games.

And I don't want to see ANY bashing in this thread. We're all video game nerds, and we can all get along, okay? None of the fanboy arguments that are so prevelant on here.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
Okay, I've decided to make a single thread for discussions about the Xbox 360, PS3, and Nintendo Revolution. No, I'm not going to go through and merge all the old threads, because there's a bunch stick out tongue but please, instead of making more new ones, just use this one, okay? It'll help in there not being a billion threads on the same subject, and just for the sake of convenience.

shifty I see you put the Xbox 360 first then Ps3 and Nintendo. Is that the order you like them best stick out tongue

(The Nintendo controller could be fun but only games made by nintendo because they will make sure it works, but other games I don't know how it will work.)

Lana
Reverse-alphabetical order stick out tongue

And I'm sure that games made for the Revolution will be designed as to work with the controller....

TwisterGameX

And I'm sure that games made for the Revolution will be designed as to work with the controller....

laughing out loud

Still the games for all 3 systems might not work to well for the rev unless they have 2 controls...normal and freaky. Super Smash brothers is why I am getting the Rev and it's ONLINE, so i could kick peoples....all over the world evil face

§P0oONY

I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT..... eek!

(see you went ahead with the thread... disgust)

TwisterGameX
putting things in General A. Stops 50 other thread about pieces and only have 1 post in it. B. it is more fun to talk about more than one thing so more replies, instead of for example.....Xbox 360 plug, Discuss then 3 posts later the thread dies but 5 minutes later they put Ps3 plug then the Nintendo plug...and so on.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
putting things in General A. Stops 50 other thread about pieces and only have 1 post in it. B. it is more fun to talk about more than one thing so more replies, instead of for example.....Xbox 360 plug, Discuss then 3 posts later the thread dies but 5 minutes later they put Ps3 plug then the Nintendo plug...and so on.

This'll turn into a social thread.... Social I tell ya, Social!!

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
It's still fun. Happy Dance

Ok I am getting probably all 3 in time but most of all is the Nintendo( I always get Nintendo first, since I love it the best)

I loath social threads.

Lana

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
I will keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn't.

I'd appreciate that....

(back on topic)

I think they may have over priced the new xbox a bit.

lilmisskitten
disgust social threads.......lol so in your opinion which would be the best to get

TwisterGameX

Lana

Lana
Originally posted by lilmisskitten
disgust social threads.......lol so in your opinion which would be the best to get

The 360 will be out first, but the Revolution is going to likely be the cheapest, from what I've heard.

Personally, I'm going for the Revolution first.

§P0oONY
Thats why Nintendo gets my vote Happy Dance Ps3 and Xbox360 wil rob you blind. After they rape my money I can't even get a game...then extra controls...murder!!

But their controller... I just don't think it will take off in a big way... I think the Revolution will be the death of Nintendo.

TwisterGameX
No prob.

And yeah, the 360 is REALLY expensive. That probably will put a lot people off from buying it at first.

The price will probably drop pretty quickly though. Else they're not going to get much in the way of sales....

They swear it does more than play games. I am guessing it's like the Jetsons.

§P0oONY

Xbox 360 all the way... get it in a few months and play Quake 4.... I see no down side.

TwisterGameX

Lana

TwisterGameX
Mmmm, I don't think so....I mean, they've always been the ones to try the most groundbreaking and seemingly out there stuff. I think it'll put people off initially, but is something that they'll get used to after trying out.

Like people cried about the touch screen for the DS but look it is selling more than the Psp evil face

§P0oONY
Nintendo will never die. The controller has a unique thing and is new than the regular same old same old. Also there hanhelds are kicking ass so they get billions.

Best sellers
Nintendo Handheld(Gba and Ds)
Ps2
Xbox
GC

Thats the stats last time I checked there selling thingy.

PSP will outsell DS..... PS3 & Xbox 360 will outsell Revolution

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Mmmm, I don't think so....I mean, they've always been the ones to try the most groundbreaking and seemingly out there stuff. I think it'll put people off initially, but is something that they'll get used to after trying out.

But the Gamecube did not really succeed.... I'm just really pessimistic... I fear another dreamcast is going to happen.

Lana

TwisterGameX
The dream cast failed because the ps2 stole the online element that the dream cast had and then they went and put a dvd on it so Japan bought the hell out of ps2 because it plays dvds which is cheaper than just a regular dvd(much cheaper to them) so yeah.

§P0oONY
Nope the Ds is selling more(look it up big grin ) and yeah Playstation has always selled the most consoles. Ps3 will seell the best then Xbox360 just because they go by the past.

Key word.... Will..... it isn't selling well in Japan... but it is selling well in America and has only just been released in England & Europe and it is bound to sell well here.

TwisterGameX

TwisterGameX
What are the Launch titles for all these systems ?

§P0oONY
What are the Launch titles for all these systems ?

Not sure... I'm getting Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4 & Project Gotham Racing with my xbox...

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
sad I thought the perfect dark series was a Nintendo Exclusive

Have you been living under a rock?... laughing out loud

Microsoft bought the rites to Rare back at the beginning of the Xbox's life.

TwisterGameX

lilmisskitten
Well, I've got to admit...I'm Nintendo fan....so i may get that...although I'm getting my Ds...iv;e never gone Play station and i don't like Xboxs..the controls and teh graphics....nay

§P0oONY
Goldeneye was Rare... and it's not that they had fought with Nintendo that stopped them making games... It's that Microsoft offered them a nice hefty lump sum.

TwisterGameX
Well, I've got to admit...I'm Nintendo fan....so i may get that...although I'm getting my Ds...iv;e never gone Play station and i don't like Xboxs..the controls and teh graphics....nay

Are you on a drug laughing out loud

Xbox Graphics has the best by far so you can't complain about that stick out tongue As far as the conrtol...they remade it to be smaller. I admit the Xbox was crap at the begging but got WAY better.

§P0oONY
The Xbox Controller S, was voted top games console controller ever. Or something like that.

TwisterGameX
Poor Xbox gets no love.

Tru_Slice
If you look at it all, the 360 has the best thing going for it.

The controller is no arguement, the launch titles look great, it has most of the major developers working for them, and most of all, IT"S READY TO GO.

Microsoft has really been on the ball with this new system, and I have to say, I think it will dominate this next generation.

Even after this lauch, 360 will continue to do good because of all the deveopers working for them, and we'll never have a shortage of good games.

TwisterGameX
Yeah and I can't get it because it's sold out in pre orders and they will not have any.

TwisterGameX
The PS3 control sick

Italian Sausage
The PS3 control sick

yeah at least it'll sell in austrailia.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Italian Sausage
yeah at least it'll sell in austrailia.

What laughing out loud confused

Silverstein
What laughing out loud confused

australia...boomerangs

JKozzy
I don't have a problem with it. I thought it looked weird before, but now it looks quite comfortable, from some leaked perspective photos.

TwisterGameX
The only control that is known to be good is the xbox 360 since it's almost identical the the regular ones...but the PS3 and NR are not yet felt.

Avenger2.0

K1ll3r
XBOX 360 all the way.

TwisterGameX
We will se if the 360 fails or not. I think it will do pretty good.

DarkC
Originally posted by JKozzy
I don't have a problem with it. I thought it looked weird before, but now it looks quite comfortable, from some leaked perspective photos.
I saw it in scale. You could probably fit it in the palm of your hand, it's so small.

§P0oONY
We will se if the 360 fails or not. I think it will do pretty good.

Of course it wont fail... It's selling out everywhere.

DarkC
The graphics in the gameplay for Peter Jackson's King Kong(360) are at least as good as Killzone 2, if not better than.

http://www.vgcity.com/~media/killzone/2.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1038/1116431770.jpg

§P0oONY
That's just beautiful... they looks like cutscene graphics. droolio

DarkC
Ferns on the ground aren't as great as PS3's ferns, but I think it's because of the rain.

TwisterGameX
Gears of war is going to be the best...wait is it the same people that did halo. Speaking of halo, there is part 3

§P0oONY
Gears of war is going to be the best...wait is it the same people that did halo. Speaking of halo, there is part 3

A Halo 3.... really? eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
yeah, who woould of guessed halo 3.

Silverstein
Originally posted by DarkC
The graphics in the gameplay for Peter Jackson's King Kong(360) are at least as good as Killzone 2, if not better than.

http://www.vgcity.com/~media/killzone/2.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1038/1116431770.jpg

um, that looks like Killzone 1. Killzone 2 is beyond belief if you saw it.

TwisterGameX
Yeah is aw killzone 2 and gears of war...damn...just...damn...

Silverstein
http://www.ps3updates.com/killzone_2Dnext_2Dgen_2D20050518031918692.jpg

this is a pic of Killzone 2. On Elecplay, a european Sony representative said it is actual In-game graphics. hard to believe eh

Dark_Dragon
all i hope is that the nextgen hase some good games

powerfulone1987
EVerybody is still skeptical about that being in game graphics.

I saw the whole sequence and it looked completely like a cut scene to as to others.

Have you seen the whole sequence?

TwisterGameX
MGS4 looks crazy too.

Dark_Dragon
and that the new super smash has some cool players like dark samus from metroid prime 2 echoes and cool boss battals and stofe like that.

TwisterGameX
Evil LINK...well I dn how I am playing smash with those controls..anyway it is online...ONLINE!!!

Silverstein
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
EVerybody is still skeptical about that being in game graphics.

I saw the whole sequence and it looked completely like a cut scene to as to others.

Have you seen the whole sequence?

I only saw the part where, some soldiers on a hovering platform came by, and thats all i saw. It might be pre render, but they claim it will look like that. The only proof that it is not pre rendered is if it has a bit of jaggy parts or edges. Or something usually found in in-game graphics

powerfulone1987
WEll you should find a clip of it on the internet and watch it. It even has characters talking to you and acting too precise to be actual game play, but thats just my opinion.

Is it comprehensible.....

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Dark_Dragon
and that the new super smash has some cool players like dark samus from metroid prime 2 echoes and cool boss battals and stofe like that.

Where are you getting info. about Super Smash Brother's Melee 2 from?

I didn't know a lot of info was being released about it yet.

is it comprehensible.....

Silverstein
WEll you should find a clip of it on the internet and watch it. It even has characters talking to you and acting too precise to be actual game play, but thats just my opinion.

i think i saw that part...it looks really good, too good, thats why people doubt the graphics right? What will be really cool is if those are the actual graphics. Very very impressive if it was though, you gotta admitt

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I hope it is real in game play.

Even though I don't own a army game and don't like them , I would buy this one if the game play really looks like that.

TwisterGameX
I saw the gears of war gameplay and DAMN...just go to Ign for videos.

powerfulone1987
If you're talking about the game i think you're talking about. It does look pretty good.
They also were saying there's this new cool thing called backtracking or something , involves you running away and the screen blurs or something like that and they were saying how good it looked with that feature and stuff. And it was more than just a shooting game and that feature helped it become more than that.
Hope you know what I'm talking about.

IGN is where you can see that army video too?

Morgoths_Wrath
I'll probably get a Revolution when it comes out. And if they make a FF7 remake, I might by a PS3 just for that...otherwise I can wait until it comes down in price.

Xbox 360 doesn't interest me at all.

Silverstein
i was thinking of buying an xbox 360 but there are no stand-out titles! My ps2 is busted so i might as well buy a slim ps2 for KH2, burnout revenge, ratchet deadlocked, jak x, and battlefront 2!

another way to tell if the next generation graphics are real, is if physics are applied.

TwisterGameX
The slim ps2 is the first ps2 I ever got!!

powerfulone1987
Does that mean you bought more than one PS2?

TwisterGameX
Not me. I got lucky and bought the slim one.

powerfulone1987
Why do you consider yourself lucky?

Silverstein
why do you keep putting "It is comprehensible..." below your posts

powerfulone1987
Just something I do.

Why do you choose to use that sig. to go under all of your post.......

TwisterGameX

This hurts my brain reading it over and over and over and over and over and over...you get the point sick

I am lucky because I got the nice slim one and it was so cheap to.

powerfulone1987
Don't start.

So are you lucky because of the price?

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

TwisterGameX
no expression

powerfulone1987
beer

TwisterGameX
beer

cheers

powerfulone1987
no expression

TwisterGameX
ok nevermind then.

powerfulone1987
nevermind what?

TwisterGameX
Merrick said the development of Revolution instalments in the Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime and Smash Brothers series is "progressing well", and reaffirmed that not all games will use the "freehand" style remote controller - there's the "classic-style expansion controller" as well, of course.

powerfulone1987
Well i guess that's a good thing, that' I wont be fighting on SuperSmashBrother'sMelee with that remote control type controller.

Classic Style Expansion Controller?

TwisterGameX
That god they have like 2 controls now I am 100% sure i am getting this system.

powerfulone1987
I don't know what you were talkingabout in your other message.

Silverstein
so not all games will use the revolutionary remote control?? what?! thats messed.

powerfulone1987
lol, why

Wolf Dog
no expression

Ha, you forgot to post, "is it comprhensible"
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/kicking.gif

Silverstein
lol, why

i want to see how they would incorporate the revolution remote into normal games...kinda like the konga drums, how you tap on the fast, to make donkey kong run fast.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Ha, you forgot to post, "is it comprhensible"
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/kicking.gif

OHHHH!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!!!

huh

Silverstein
why dont you put "It is comprehensible...." in your sig or under your sig

TwisterGameX
http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html

TwisterGameX
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154&did=1

Wolf Dog
Wow, Peter Moore spearheaded both of these consoles marketing campaigns! Hah, they're screwed. He's basically doing the same thing he did with the Dreamcast. *Waiting for Xbox fans to see this* Nice find Twister thumb up

§P0oONY
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3145154

*clears throat*

TwisterGameX
All you had to do was click next page lol.

Dark_Dragon
the next gen well be cool

Avenger2.0
Not me. I got lucky and bought the slim one.

The Slimline PS2 isn't as good as the normal one. The laser chip is weak and burns out quickly....in a couple months you will need to replace it....even sooner if you have it mod chipped.... cool

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Avenger2.0
The Slimline PS2 isn't as good as the normal one. The laser chip is weak and burns out quickly....in a couple months you will need to replace it....even sooner if you have it mod chipped.... cool

Nope. 1. my friend had one for so long. 2. warranty so free fixing 3. I don't play it as much only the top games.

TwisterGameX
eek!

OB1-adobe
Played the 360

My work got there demo in. Played it.

Its alright so far. Played Call of Duty.

Graphics: The biggest thing I notice is sunlight and shadow, and just a little more high definition detail (Like on skin and on the guns). Clothing still looks fairly the same. Animation is cool too.

Gameplay: That was fun. A.I has gotten Better. The nazi's will kick your ass if your not careful. All in all plays just like the previous ones.

Controller: Much like the old one, a little different, felt okay.

We will have to wait to see what these new systems can really do, but my first impression was nothing was really leaps and bounds.

Like when I think about the differences between PS1 and PS2.

Graphicaly they pretty much captured that on the last consols. Guns look like guns, and Football helmets look like footbal helmets. Know its just adding and making more and more photo realistic.

TwisterGameX
nice

powerfulone1987
I saw a playable 360 today in walmart today but I just looked at a need for speed trailer and didn't bother to play anything. Also saw a trailer for the princess one where she can turn into different creatures, but i'd already seen that on the internet anyway.

TwisterGameX
yes

sully_2u
um, did anyone hear about the "sterioscopical" feature of the Revolution. It's supposed to be a "true" 3d experiance...

khfreak#1
roll eyes (sarcastic) dude they say that bout alot of new game systems when there first released! the money hungrycensored do it in their thirst for more money. though i think the new nintendo might conform a little to the rumors

Smasandian
I saw the demo of Call Of Duty. The graphics look pretty slick but just as good as the PC.
What I love to play is the new Madden where graphics actually make a big difference compareed to current gen.

But not for the price thier asking, im just going to wait until PS3 comes out.
(I'm already getting the Revoultion.)

TwisterGameX
Xbox360 makes it disks hot like hell so it might burn your house down after playing it(saw it at store)

Smasandian
Maybe if you play for 30 hours straight.

Avenger2.0
Xbox 360 (make sarcastic woo hoo)

khfreak#1
i agree with avenger2.0 there

WWestFlashFan
xbox 360 all the way (have u seen the ps3 controller??? ewwwww...like a batarang) rev. will be cool tho.

TwisterGameX
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666900/vids_1.html

Master Naresh
the best game for the xbox 360 will be halo , i don't ps 3 gon mek alot of money because it is said tht the same day ps3 come out , halo 3 will come out on the same day, if u guys got halo one on computer, i got halo2 on xbox (no live in my country) , if u got halo one on computer we could get a game , tonite

TwisterGameX
Damn i can't get an xbox 360 for a decent long time.

pacmaniac
i'm soooo geting a rev (and an xbox 360) for the controller. if you have seen the video were they show off the controler for the first time, then you too will believe. for TwisterGameX, super smash bros could work like this : d pad to move, jump, crouck, b button for ranged attack, and a for combat, BUT whilst holding down a or b, you could flick the controler in a certain direction, so like in the GC version when you use b attacks using the 3D stick. just a thought...

§P0oONY
Damn i can't get an xbox 360 for a decent long time.

10 days... stick out tongue

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Buffering as we speak.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Totally patronising, interesting system though, nothing I haven't already seen before but a nice video.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
I'm planing on writing a nice long review about it.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
I'm getting the full system with Perfect Dark Zero & King Kong...

Sure I'll take some pictures of it if you want.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Yeah... laughing

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Damn I wish I had 360

Well do you know any upcoming exclusive cough I mean why should people get 360 rather than the ps3 and NR

1) Xbox Live
2) Controller is superior IMO
3) Halo 3
4) I hate Sony
5) I will be getting a Revolution..

TwisterGameX
Doa4 and Ninja Gaiden 2!!

TwisterGameX
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p1.html

JKozzy
Oops. Microsoft sucks.
http://www.twistedpolygon.net/content/view/84/48

TwisterGameX
ha ha 360 fails...now ps3 is next to fail.

JKozzy
Mm. We will see. I'm perfectly content with my PS2 and Gamecube right now, I have plenty of games to play.

Avenger2.0
Nintendo rev will fail aswell..

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm getting the 360 and MAYBE the PS3 at some point but the Nintendo Revolution sucks.

TwisterGameX
You have never played the REV!!!

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I'm getting the 360 and MAYBE the PS3 at some point but the Nintendo Revolution sucks.

Dude...you don't know anything about the Revo. roll eyes (sarcastic) Back up your statements as to why it "sucks".

Masrix
The Revo Looks Good, But its more of a Younger Kids System then Teens, Not saying that Teens and up wont play it cause it does have good games, but In line to Xbox 360 and PS3 for capablity and graphics there is no comparison..

Just My two Cents stick out tongue

Shadow x 20
I'm going for the Nintendo Revolution. Playing NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube games on it plus new games. I can't wait for it.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Dude...you don't know anything about the Revo. roll eyes (sarcastic) Back up your statements as to why it "sucks".

I don't care about ''knowing'' anything about it and it sucks because it's TO DAMN SMALL!! mad

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I don't care about ''knowing'' anything about it and it sucks because it's TO DAMN SMALL!! mad

You won't last long in this forum if that's your only argument about why it's not your cup of tea. Smaller is better in my opinion, I don't want some gigantic system taking all the room in my entertainment center. I want something that I can easily take bring to a friends house or move from spot to spot in my own house.

Once again, back up your statements.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>