Re-Imagine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletSpider
Like Stan Lee did with his "Just Imagine!" series, like the new Amazing Fantasy series and like Morrison's Seven Soldiers, I want you to re-imagine, or re-define various comic book names.

It can be a complete overhaul (ala the new Scorpion from Amazing Fantasy), or just simply upgrading to a new status quo and look (such as the recent Drax, building on old continuity, but going somewhere completely different).

Some names:

Captain Thunder

Roko the Amazing

Martian Manhunter

Black Widow

Iron Man

Gentleman Ghost

willRules
I don't collect iron-man so forgive me if its already been done (which something like it probably has!!)

Tony stark in the Iron-man armour fights a villain. Both stark and the vilain kill each other to end this grand fight.

Everyone salutes the dead Stark/Iron-man.

There is an Iron-man villain robbing a bank or summat. iron-man shows up and stops him. the armour is completly different. Tony Stark is dead so who is this new Iron-man??

willRules
This thread reminds me of the current The other : Evolve or die, storyline in the latest spider-man comics. Rumour has it spidey will be upgraded so he is stronger and faster etc. Apparently its Marvel's way of making him a bigger, more respectable character in the MU.

ScarletSpider
They already upgraded him in Spectacular before that ended months ago.

The new mystery character angle is always good. However, forget everything you know about Tony Stark Marvel Iron Man.

You've never read a comic book or had any popular culture experience. You're walking down the street, and someone says Iron Man. What imagry does that incur? How would you use that imagry to spawn a series?

ScarletSpider
Captain Thunder: he was a one off character in Superman v1 276. A blatant copy of Captain Marvel for a clash of the titans story.

He was given his powers by the last Mohegan shaman.

Tornado--power
Hare--speed
Uncas--a great Indian chief--bravery
Nature--wisdom
Diamond--toughness
Eagle--flight
Ram--tenacity

I'd keep the powers, but I'd change the origin and character a bit. William is an American Indian youth having grown up on the reservation of his people--whatever tribe, probably the Mohegans as a nod to the original story. Throughout Mohegan history, the Shaman have been blessed with special powers--due to mystically activated meta-genes The current Shaman is growing old and in a vision is told to go visit William. William has a meta-gene, and is next in line to be the Mohegan shaman. During the right of passage, he is endowed with the powers listed above, and later finds himself out in public, in the midst of a city battling some threat or another. The name Captain Thunder is coined for him by a newspaper. Not sure on how he'd look, just yet, but it would be something traditional, and classicaly American Indian, while refraining from stereotype. I want to give him a weapon or something too, like a tomahawk which he focuses his power through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.