Foce lightning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
Force lightning is visable waves of force energy, right? If is totally amde of the force how an you deflect it?

Darth_Glentract
No, force lightning is some form of non-force related energy seeing as the Yuuzhan Vong can be harmed by it.

Darth Avis
why is it called FORCE LIGHTNING.How can biengs use it if its not of the force

Gryn Jabar
Because it uses the force to channel the electricity.

Darth Koroni
Exactly, any Sith or Jedi with enough concentration could boil or freeze water, as heat is only the movement of molecules.

Tangible God
The Jedi don't do it because it's against their mandate, it's to aggressive.

Sith Lightning, or Force Lightning, it doesn't matter, is pure energy channeled through the person by using the Force. How powerful the lightning is depends on how powerful and how much energy the person is and has. Since a Lightsbaer is also pure energy, it can deflect the Lightning, which is hurtling at a good speed, by using it's motion against it.

Quite simple physics really.

Captain REX
And then there's always the possibility that it is hidden Sith knowledge, rather than something a Jedi could learn if he wanted.

The NJO throws that mysteriousness to hell, though.

Tangible God
Yet another reason why NJO is so looked down upon. It just ruins the concept of the Force all together.

Captain REX
Yup!

overlord
GREASE LIGHTNING!! dance Happy Dance ban2

jollyjim311
How is it blocked with a saber? Do you have to use the force to kind of focus the lightning on the saber? And I thought that it is both the force and normal lightning.

Captain REX
Lightsabers can block other forms of energy, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Force lightning, from what I've read, seems to be using the Force to stimulate atoms into the deadly energy we see Palpatine and Dooku use.

jollyjim311
Yeah, I realize sabers can block energy, I was commenting on why all the lightning went right twords the saber and not around it like lightning would normally do.

overlord
It should have went to the hilt, not the plasma. ban2

Tangible God
Some magnetic field...or something.....I dunno, it's a movie.

truejedi
does this have anything to do with a question i have had as to why we can see blaster bolts when they are supposed to be lasers, and lasers move at the speed of light? (close to topic as i have found, so i'm putting it here)

Atlantis001
Force lightning would be the use of the force to channel its energy in the form of eletricity, so every property of force lightining is that of the eletricity. Eletricity have that form of vaiours chains of lightning for a reason, so that power has to be eletricity.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Force lightning would be the use of the force to channel its energy in the form of eletricity, so every property of force lightining is that of the eletricity. Eletricity have that form of vaiours chains of lightning for a reason, so that power has to be eletricity. Yeah we figured that one out, but why is it all attracted to the lightsaber.

Atlantis001

Tangible God
Hopefully, either that or SW has gone down the tubes in science. Just about every folly SW has created, scientifically, we've been able to create an excuse.

Sesse
Isn't it just the jedi "pushing" the air in a very narrow area. Because of the friction, the air gets pretty hot and starts to emit light. Or are they shooting force from their hands to do the same efect?

But the shining shit is definately the air getting hot in its way.

Deus Ex
It's probably a case of dramatic neccessity, but if I wanted to explain it using the suspense of disbelief, I'd say that Force lightening doesn't have the same properties as regular lightning. In particular, Dooku uses Force lightning without harm to himself. This is unlike real lightning, which would fry him. Dooku also uses it to specifically move Anakin from in front of him to his left, straight into a wall. This seems inconsistant with the properties of normal lightning. He should have flown straight back.

Also on the list is the uncharacteristic way in which it affected Mace: it shocked him like lightning would (A bit overly visible, but hey... whatever) and he wasn't smoking or anything or catching fire... then of course he suddenly shoots back (Which is either a Force push on the behalf of Sidious or it implies that Force lightning acts more like a painful tractor beam than anything else).

And then if you look at the way it gathered in Yoda's hand on both occassions and how it caused the explosion... again, not exactly consistant with just a stream of electricity. If it had been an electric-related explosion on that pod in ROTS, the thing would have been scortched and Yoda and Sidious missing some eyebrows.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.