Tourney: Longpig Vs. Khellendros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007

Dizzle
I believe it's spelled "GODLIKE".

Sorry, my scanners are case sensitive.

Khellendros
Hoo boy. I'm gonna go upload some relevant scans, and I'll be back with an opening post.

grey fox
Cool .

Khellendros
Okay. Lemme just shoot down one big thing I'm almost positive LP was going to bring up: shutting down the Midnighter enhancements. Well, first, that sounds like psionic manipulation of electricity, but it also sounds like... I dunno, radio waves. I'll just debunk both as best I can.

First, telepathy or other psionic powers. Grail says he's created an interference field that would keep out one of the stronger telepaths in the WSU.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8532/telepathyblocking4us.th.jpg

Maybe his power lets him act like a wireless modem, transmitting a shutdown command to a piece of technology? Grail can create an interference field that keeps out all electronic signals as well (he does so to keep a bomb buried under the ground from receiving the detonation signal).
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9873/abilities27wn.th.jpg

And, one last thing. Those lasers that come out of your arms. One of Grail's team members has cybernetic arms that can fire a dozen lasers in all different directions. Here, she goes crazy. Note that each alser beam headed for a team member is deflected before hiting them. He creates invisible shields around all of them until he can create a more permanent one around the crazy one herself. This also shows that Grail can multitask with his powers, since he created shields around his team.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5381/chishield7ty.th.jpg

So. You can't shut down my enhancements, one long range weapon (lasers) is easily deflected by me, and the other (lightning) is easily dodgeable as proven by Spider Man or blockable by my shield. Basically, I could just sit there, create a containment field around you to deflect your lasers back at you and cut you apart.

grey fox
1 NIL

long pig
I really didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but thanks anyway.
It does remind me that those Cybernetic implants are metal, and inside you. I don't think your shield can filter out magnetism can it? No.

You become my new rag doll to magnetize and throw around.

But all I really need to do is overwhelm you with Electricity blasts while getting close, as soon as I see your being overwhelmed and I'm close...Shocktopus can throw out the rocket propelled adamantium barbs which will cut through your armor like butter. Once inside you, you're dead. No defense against being electrocuted from the inside.

You seem to rely on Blink's power a lot, seeing that she has so little experience using her power, I see no real reason how she can do all this at once and stay in control.

PIS. Spiderman can't realistically dodge lightning. It's all got to do with the writer wanting to keep spiderman alive, and Spiderman's pre-cog. Luckily, you have no PIS writer or pre-cog. You can't dodge lightening....at all.

The simple fact is you don't have anything powerful enough to hurt me, my shields and armor will handle it with ease.

I have barbs and blades can can get through you with one hit, giving way to electrocution you, in which you die.

The reasons I win are because:

I'm faster. Shocktopus' boots give him tourney limit speed instantly. I'll zip around anything you can throw.

I can cut through or puncture your shields with one hit.

I can kill you with one hit by electrocuting you from the inside.

Sure. I can cut through them with one swipe. Easily.

Can you cut through being sealed up in hard air, making you stuck, unable to move? No.

It's again another one of those fights where my opponet needs 50 or so attempts at attacks to really hurt me, and I only need one.

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
It does remind me that those Cybernetic implants are metal, and inside you. I don't think your shield can filter out magnetism can it? No.
First, it filters out laser light, radio waves, microwaves and other radiation. All on the EM field, so yes I beleive it would filter out magnetic influence. Second, all that is a moot point. There are magnetic/electromagnetic energy users in Wildstorm, and Bendix built Midnighter to fight just about anybody. The stuff in his bones and ligaments are carbon. You're going to have to work REAL hard to prove that Bendix can't make nonmetallic electronics when the makers of Sentinels can.

But all I really need to do is overwhelm you with Electricity blasts while getting close,
gonna be kinda hard since an energy shield wouldn't conduct electricity ain't it? And lightning carries no impact, so my shields will hold just fine thanks.

You seem to rely on Blink's power a lot, seeing that she has so little experience using her power, I see no real reason how she can do all this at once and stay in control.
That's amusing, really. She was fighting a war of overwhelming odds against Apocalypse's forces from he rearly teens. She can and has done everything I have my guy doing. She's been in a WAR, the best your guys can say is they fought a couple super villains and got their asses handed to them.

PIS. Spiderman can't realistically dodge lightning. It's all got to do with the writer wanting to keep spiderman alive, and Spiderman's pre-cog. Luckily, you have no PIS writer or pre-cog. You can't dodge lightening....at all.
laughing out loud It sure is cute how you learned two new terms (PIS and CIS) and have been throwing them around all over the place to defend characters you like. Sorry, scooter, sometimes comic characters f*ck up. And some are just idiots. Electro is a prime example of that, actually.

Now, Midnighter can see an increase in electrical activity in someone's brain. He'll see that lightning bolt powering up LONG before you have a chance to toss it at him.

The simple fact is you don't have anything powerful enough to hurt me, my shields and armor will handle it with ease.
I have Cyclops-level energy blasts and class 60 strength. That's more than enough.

I have barbs and blades can can get through you with one hit, giving way to electrocution you, in which you die.
Never even touch me. I don't even have to teleport to keep away from those, but I can if need be.

The reasons I win are because:

I'm faster. Shocktopus' boots give him tourney limit speed instantly. I'll zip around anything you can throw.

I can cut through or puncture your shields with one hit.

I can kill you with one hit by electrocuting you from the inside.
You have the better running speed, I have the better reaction time and combat speed. You run at me, you'll get a face full of flesh-disintegrating energy shield.

Sure. I can cut through them with one swipe. Easily.

Can you cut through being sealed up in hard air, making you stuck, unable to move? No.

It's again another one of those fights where my opponet needs 50 or so attempts at attacks to really hurt me, and I only need one.
Right. Cut through them. With your... what, class 3 strength from Electro amping? Maybe? Sure. You keep hacking away, I'll keep resealing you in.

I can teleport out of the "hard air", behind you, and blast you open.

This is a fight where you are facing an opponent you can't hit and who can punch through your shields with one good blast.

long pig
Sorry, but that's not proof. That's speculation. He was built where there are magnetic users, so that means he's magnetic proof? Haha..no, sorry.

You're going to try REAL hard that they aren't metal, otherwise, the definition of "Cybernetic" trumps your speculation. It's metal.

It'll effect you just fine. It'll effect the area around you even better. The ground is breakable you know?

All I need is one hit to kill you, and all I need is to be around 30 feet to get it. You're dead.

So which Blink are you using? The AOA one or the normal timeline version? They are two VERY different characters.

I'll let you pick which one before you can talk more about it further. Here's a site that explains the difference between the two. http://www.answers.com/topic/blink-comics

Both have their own different weaknesses.
You can't have two characters. no

It's funny that you think Spiderman has near lightspeed reactions. He doesn't, you don't either.

The only REAL reason why Spiderman EVER dodges lightening is because of PIS added with pre-cog( NEITHER of which you have). It's undeniable. We can't have a dead spiderman everytime electro zaps him, can we?

Haha...first prove it. Second, he can't decipher between my electrical brain and the whole area around me being electrically ionized. Don't be silly.

You have more of gambit level blasts. In Wetworks, Grail wasn't able to blow up anything like Cyclops.

But, either way, neither of those will be able to get through two shields and armor and then harm a being who can absorb heat. That's all chi really has been shown to be in TopCow.

I have better speed and reaction and combat speed. Speedfreek is tourney limit reaction speed, he's amped up by Electro. Shocktopus>You.

Face full of energy? big grin Wait, a face full of energy through shields, armor and into a body that can absorb heat? Hhahaha...good one.

Um, no son. Class 10 with Speed Freek's suit amping. You did know Electro is class 10, right?

It'll come down to you not being capable of harming me, and me being capable of killing you with one single hit.

I give myself 8/10 odds.

Scoobless
You did know Electro is class 10, right?

I know it says that in a few bios.... but has he ever really done anything to back up that claim?

long pig
It says that in all his bios. All of them. Even in the marvel handbook.

He's matched strength with Spiderman, that's all that matters. After Spiderman's upgrade, it might be different, or maybe Electro got one too.

Scoobless
It says that in all his bios. All of them. Even in the marvel handbook.

He's matched strength with Spiderman, that's all that matters. After Spiderman's upgrade, it might be different, or maybe Electro got one too.

not all his bios say that.. the Marvel Directory doesn't mention superstrength at all

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/e/electro.htm

long pig
The majority do. The handbook does.

Marvel Dic doesn't say anything other than Electrical output, and we know he can do more.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/english/el/electro.html

http://www.gotmo.net/info/electro.htm

http://spider-bob.com/villains/marvel/ElectroII.htm

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/electro.html

Scoobless
one of those is a direct copy of the other.... lol

long pig
It's copied from the handbook, that's probably why.

long pig
This is just a fight where I can basically handle the output of my opponet by dodging with superspeed, deflecting it with shields and armor and deflect them with tenticals, while taking some of the edge off with my heat absorbing body.

All I need is that one single hit to end the game, and I can easily handle/move around anything he throws at me until I get it.

Shocktopus gets 8 or 9/10

Against two Grailnighters, I'd give Shocktopus a stalemate.

Khellendros
Sorry, but that's not proof. That's speculation. He was built where there are magnetic users, so that means he's magnetic proof? Haha..no, sorry.
Hey, you prove his enhancements ARE made of metal and then we've got something.

You're going to try REAL hard that they aren't metal, otherwise, the definition of "Cybernetic" trumps your speculation. It's metal.
I don't have to try at all, you're the one making the claim. I've already told you the enhancements in his bones and ligaments aren't metal, and you have no proof that any of his other implants are metal. Whoops.

It'll effect you just fine. It'll effect the area around you even better. The ground is breakable you know?
I can teleport, you know? And you can't electrocute someone through a barrier that doesn't conduct electricity.

All I need is one hit to kill you, and all I need is to be around 30 feet to get it. You're dead.
Mm. Too bad you'll never get that close.

So which Blink are you using? The AOA one or the normal timeline version? They are two VERY different characters.
...Dude. Just click the link in the first post. Does no one check the links in this tournament?

It's funny that you think Spiderman has near lightspeed reactions. He doesn't, you don't either.
I don't care what he has, the fact is he dodges Electro's blasts. And my combined reaction time is far above his.

The only REAL reason why Spiderman EVER dodges lightening is because of PIS added with pre-cog( NEITHER of which you have). It's undeniable. We can't have a dead spiderman everytime electro zaps him, can we?
Actually, the reason is the Spider Sense combined with enhanced strength speed and agility. I, on the other hand, have the ability to detect electrical activity, far better strength and reaction time and comparable agility.

Haha...first prove it. Second, he can't decipher between my electrical brain and the whole area around me being electrically ionized. Don't be silly.
God, fine. Lemme go see if I have the scans. Digi can confirm that he can do it, though.

You have more of gambit level blasts. In Wetworks, Grail wasn't able to blow up anything like Cyclops.
The symbiotes, when they first bonded to Wetworks, survived an explosion that collapsed a huge portion of a mountain. Later, Grail blasted two of those guys (resurrected and wearing thick stone armor) to small chunks. That is Cyclops level.

But, either way, neither of those will be able to get through two shields and armor and then harm a being who can absorb heat. That's all chi really has been shown to be in TopCow.
laughing TopCow?? Dude, Grail is a Wildstorm character. And Chi isn't just heat. It carries concussive impact, heat, and properties that disintegrate organic material on contact.

I have better speed and reaction and combat speed. Speedfreek is tourney limit reaction speed, he's amped up by Electro. Shocktopus>You.
Riiight. Show me speedfreak dodging energy blasts at point blank range and we'll talk. Show someone on King Hyperion's level admitting one of your other characters matches them in combat speed and we'll talk about you being better.

Face full of energy? big grin Wait, a face full of energy through shields, armor and into a body that can absorb heat? Hhahaha...good one.
Fine, then you'll just be running at high speeds into sphere that's as strong as titanium. Enjoy your broken neck.

Um, no son. Class 10 with Speed Freek's suit amping. You did know Electro is class 10, right?
Man, Electro is class 10 like the freaking Vulture is class 10 (PROTIP: he's not).

It'll come down to me not being capable of harming you, and you being capable of killing me with one single hit.
Fixed for reality, plus I'm being lazy.

Khellendros
Here's a scan with that proof you asked for. Midnighter can detect the electircal activity in someone's brain, he can detect you poweirng up a lightning bolt.
http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/4488/speed17pm.th.jpg

long pig
There are no reasons for them not to be. They are cybernetic implants, the name alone almost always describes Electronics and conductive metals.

The link has both characters. Pick one. Or else I'm going to use Electro from an elseworld comic and Lady Ock from Spidergirl. Both are elseworlds and both have more power & experience.

So, pick one.

No, no it isn't. It's lower Gambit level. Show once where Grail has done anything on Cyclops level.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's a pretty simple fight, I'm faster and can handle his blasts easily. I need one hit to end him. He already recognized the fact I need one hit, he just says "You won't get it"....sure.

I can switch up lasers and electricity or both at the same time, they'll get through and distract him long enough for my superior speed to get close. And then, it's over. One hit and he's dead.

Nothing on him can really harm me to any extent, but everything I have will harm him. I give Shocktopus 8-9/10 easy.

long pig
Hah..
I'm powered up to my full extent during prep, and the whole area around me will be charged with Electricity. Midnighter won't decipher what is me or what is the area around me.

Midnighter isn't fast enough to dodge electricity, no one on your list is, face it. You can't make up anything that can prove anyone dodging electricity. Don't pretend to be dumb.

long pig
-sigh-

http://www.carolinacountry.com/StoryPages/howtos/electricquiz/quiz.html#one

Either spiderman is faster than light, or it's PIS.

Scoobless
-sigh-

http://www.carolinacountry.com/StoryPages/howtos/electricquiz/quiz.html#one

Either spiderman is faster than light, or it's PIS.

or he has pre-cog that allows him to move before the lightning strikes... same way he always dodges bullets and lasers which also travel faster than he does

long pig
Hard to believe, but I can buy that more than Khell saying it's reflex alone.

But, it's a good think Grailnighter has neither FTL pre-cog or PIS writers.

One hit and he's dead. He can't compete with all my advantages of speed/adamantium & higher durability and energy resistance. His only bet is try and dodge, and with my speed what it is, he hasn't a chance.

It's laughable to try to say you can seriously hurt an energy resistant being with three layers of protection....with low level energy attacks??? What are you thinking Khell?

His reflection technique is a bit absurd. He's trying to say he's going to be able to acknowledge the difference between lasers and electric attacks, and only grab the laser attacks and throw them back. That's flash level speed, which he doesn't have.

Grailnighter will be in the middle of a flurry of different attacks, some of them will be electric, some lazer and some coils. One coil ends the game.

Khellendros
There are no reasons for them not to be. They are cybernetic implants, the name alone almost always describes Electronics and conductive metals.
Conductive materials. Lots of materials that aren't metal will conduct a current. What's the use of making the ultimate stealth fighter if he can be picked up on a fuggin metal detector?

The link has both characters. Pick one. Or else I'm going to use Electro from an elseworld comic and Lady Ock from Spidergirl. Both are elseworlds and both have more power & experience.
Now you're just acting dense. Seriously.

See? It even says there's a seperate page for the regular universe Blink. Please tell me you aren't really that dense.

No, no it isn't. It's lower Gambit level. Show once where Grail has done anything on Cyclops level.
MMkay.

First, let's see how durable the symbiotes are in the comics.
http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mountain13jj.jpg
http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mountain25dd.jpg
Blast that destroys half a mountain, and they walk out. Not bad.

Now, here we have Grail facing two former teammates(Flattop and Crossbones), resurrected and covered in stone armor. He blasts them to pieces.
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=symbioteblast7hf.jpg

Casually brings down an armored aircraft.
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chiblast39os.jpg

See up top in this one? A blast from his chest takes out a stone worm that was ignoring gatling gun fire, armor piercing rounds, even grenade launchers. Far above Gambit level.
http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsstoneworms23za.jpg

Destroying two beings of solidified radiation named Search and Destroy. Doesn't even glance at the second one:
http://img351.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abilities46lz.jpg

I've got more scans if you're not convinced.

It's a pretty simple fight, I'm faster and can handle his blasts easily. I need one hit to end him. He already recognized the fact I need one hit, he just says "You won't get it"....sure.
You run fast, I teleport faster and react even faster than that. You won't even land one hit between my dodging and teleportation.

I can switch up lasers and electricity or both at the same time, they'll get through and distract him long enough for my superior speed to get close.
Actually, neither will get through. I've shown I can deflect lasers withe ase, and an energy field won't conduct electricity. Hell, even if it was a real metal dome, all a lightning blast would to is electrify it, not blast through.

Hah..
I'm powered up to my full extent during prep, and the whole area around me will be charged with Electricity. Midnighter won't decipher what is me or what is the area around me.

Midnighter isn't fast enough to dodge electricity, no one on your list is, face it. You can't make up anything that can prove anyone dodging electricity. Don't pretend to be dumb.
One, you can't charge everything with electricity, it's not all metal. Two, none of that will do anything but waste energy. I'll still sense what you're doing.

Midnighter dodges energy blasts at POINT BLANK. Blink matches King Hyperion in combat speed and shatters his spine with his own eyeblasts. GRAIL, for f*cks sake, reacts in time to protect his entire team from multiple lasers. I am waaaay fast enough.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Character Notes: Speedfreek cannot use his fly or augment his speed with flight. Small boosters in his feet can give him a brief forward burst, but nothing else.

Shocktopus only has enhanced forward movement?

Dizzle
I think Freek also gives him good reaction times, but the majority of his mobility (at high speeds) was from the rocket booster things, which were cut out for this tourney.

grey fox
I think what scoob is trying to say khell is the 'thermal visor' effect (so called after metroid primes thermal visor) . You would activate it and it would show you everything in the heat spectrum but upon entering a warm/ lava filled room you couldn't see over the glare.

long pig
It's which ever way I point the boot thruster rockets. They basically turn my normal running into tourney limit super speed instanly. 160mph or something?

They also increase my forward strength and momentum/towing strength.

Not really, no.
His boot rockets gave him a lot of his mobility and agility & a lot of speed.
The back rockets gave him his massive speed. The "too-fast-to-be-seen-with-the-naked-eye" beyond Quicksilver speed.

I still have the boot thrusters.

long pig
So, this is your only option? Try and dodge me the whole time without getting any true hits in on me?

Yeah, not gonna happen.

We both know you can't dodge forever, and you won't. It'll take maybe two attempts at hitting you, and it's over. No coming back from it.

Your character has such a limited output offense power it's ridiculous. You can't dodge, block and attack ALL at the same time without messing up and getting tagged. It's impossible.

One hit, ol' chum, and it's over. The chances of you messing up is very likely, and when you do, you're dead.

Dodging lasers point blank is either PIS or beyond tourney limits. Pick one. None of your characters have anything close to FTL reactions.

I'm your superior in reactions & durability & weaponry and around equal in strength.

Electro=10ton Speedfreek=unknown superhuman(Strong enough to lift hulk and tow him & cut him in half) + tenticals, which have been shown to be as strong as both Spiderman & Ben parker at the same time. And over powered Spiderman many times.

I have the range advantage and the h2h advantage. You can be battered by super strong arms, jabbed by adamantium blades, electrocuted, blasted....on and on.

Also, you can't get behind me without notice, the tenticals have scanners and vision for themselves, they will detect you wherever you are.

The air charges when Shocktopus is around. It does so without him making it, it's strong enough to kill a human just by being around him. You won't stand a solitary chance at deciphering between the electrically charged field and myself.

One hit, you die.

Scoobless
tenticals, which have been shown to be as strong as both Spiderman & Ben parker at the same time. And over powered Spiderman many times.

well Ben Parker is just an old man with no super powers..... i'd be disappointed if they weren't stronger than him

stick out tongue

long pig
You'd be surprised, he's wily like the coyote.

Whatever his name was, Ben Rielly & Spiderman fought her at the same time and it ended in a stalemate, with Spiderman nearly dying in the fight and thinking about quitting his hero gig. She showed her tenticals being physically equal in strength to two 10 tonners.

Khellendros
Originally posted by grey fox
I think what scoob is trying to say khell is the 'thermal visor' effect (so called after metroid primes thermal visor) . You would activate it and it would show you everything in the heat spectrum but upon entering a warm/ lava filled room you couldn't see over the glare.
No, I get it. But he was one a team with Jenny Sparks, who once turned into a being of electricity as tall as a skyscraper and was putting out enough power to short out a fleet of alien warships while her team watched. Not once did Midnighter ever mention having a problem with his sensors.

So, this is your only option? Try and dodge me the whole time without getting any true hits in on me?
Well, I will dodge if necessary. But no true hits? There is only so far you can run in this place, and I can fire blasts that cover wide arcs.

Your character has such a limited output offense power it's ridiculous.
Riight. Class 60 strength and energy output on Cyclops level compared to... what? Lasers that I easily deflect? Lightning bolts that won't pass through my shields? Mechanical arms that I can easily dodge? Oh yeah, I'M outmatched.

Dodging lasers point blank is either PIS or beyond tourney limits. Pick one. None of your characters have anything close to FTL reactions.
You sure are fond of that word, PIS. Anyways, it's not beyond tourney rules because he didn't OUTRUN the laser, just reacted in time to get out of it's way. Digi knows as much about Midnighter as I do and he approved him, so stop whining.

I'm your superior in reactions & durability & weaponry and around equal in strength.laughing out loud Right.

Reactions: I block multiple lasers, dodge energy blasts and take on superspeed opponents. You... have a drug junkie who runs forward really fast and a walking battery who Spiderman routinely owns. Even when your guy was taking on Nate Grey, Spidey owned him with a rock. A ROCK.

Durability: Midnighter can take a kick that sends him flying hundreds of feet and recover enough to land on his feet and catch his staff. The symbiote covers my entire body, is skintight with no gaps, and is at the tourney limit for strength. My shields are also at the tourney limit, and I've shown proof. You have Electro's body, titanium armor that leaves your head uncovered, and one shield that you've shown nothing impressive for except one Spiderfist bouncing off of it.

Strrength: I am class 60 easy. At BEST, you are class 12. And that's if the voters buy into Electro being class 10 when he's never shown that kind of strength. The strongest part of you are your mechanical arms, and those are easily dodged by me.

Also, you can't get behind me without notice, the tenticals have scanners and vision for themselves, they will detect you wherever you are.
Knowing where I am won't matter much when I'm blasting away the anchor point and power source for your arms.

The air charges when Shocktopus is around. It does so without him making it, it's strong enough to kill a human just by being around him. You won't stand a solitary chance at deciphering between the electrically charged field and myself.
Jenny Sparks was nuking Superhumans all around in that scan I showed you of Midnighter saying he could see electrical activity. Not once has working with a being of pure eletricity ever messed with his scanners.

Hey long pig. You demanded proof of Midnighter being able to see electrical ativity, well, gimme proof that Doc Ock's shield isn't a piece of sh*t. All you've EVER shown is that one panel of a fist bouncing off it. Time for you to prove your shield can even match up to this toruney's lowered standards.

long pig
How...vague. I don't think you really understand. I'm charged already, there is no big build up to blast like DBZ. It tapped and ready to go the whole time.

You aren't making any sense, man. And...you're somehow going to dodge two different lightspeed attacks THEN pick out only one of those lightspeed attacks, all while dodging tentacles coming at you 90ft per second and rocket propelled mentally controlled adamantium coils?
Absurd.

Your slight strength advantage means nothing since you haven't a weapon that can harm me through my shields and armor. You can't dodge lasers & bolts & arms & coils ALL THE WHILE trying to attack.

One hit, and you're gone. Up close and one swipe and you're gone.

-sigh- Do I need to explain Electro's strength and how he gets it? He's said how he does it himself.

Supercharging his body with electricity produces a galvanic response in Electro's muscles, making him superhumanly strong. 10 tons strength. He's matched spiderman in strength on more than a few occasions.

Ok. You up to speed, now?

Now, we are putting the 10 Electro inside a cybernetic robotic suit which boosts a normal human attributes to unknown superhuman levels, strong enough to lift Hulk(Fast enough to flight faster than thought. Reaction/fight speed enough to flight faster than thought in a medium size room while fighting Hulk and random guards.) and throw Hulk and cut hulk in half.

That would then put Shocktopus 12-15 tons. Now, the tentacles are strong enough to overpower Spiderman easily, and has shown to be as strong as two spidermen. That would now place Shocktopus in the 20-30 ton area. More than enough strength to cut through anything that you have with my 5 foot long adamantium blades.

What power source? Oh, the one under the tourney limit strength armor under the shields? Haha...sure.

She only had four appearances, her shield was described as impenetrable. And it has remained so. No need for scans.

So, again.
You want to pretend you can dodge FTL, you can't.
You want to pretend you can react FTL, you can't.
You want to pretend your blasts are Cyclops level when by all accounts they are moderate Gambit level.
You want to pretend you can multi-task on the level of Flash, without getting hit. You can't.

You're only argument thus far is dodging FTL and....that's all.

In my case, I have many blasters and physical attacks. I only need one hit to win. Just one.

I can overwhelm you with attacks and in the end, I only need ONE attack to slip through and you're dead. Nothing you can do, no shields are strong enough to protect it, you aren't fast enough to dodge it, it's over.

I win. Shocktopus 8/10

Dizzle
Voting Khell...

Teleporting=Mobility. Blink and MNer are also crazy quick and agile. Combined with the fact that he can put up portals to send stuff right back to Shocktopus, I don't see nearly as many attacks hitting him as LP says will. Those that aren't teleported away or dodged are going to be hitting a strong forcefield for some time. Shocktopus's forcefield is questionable in strength, and while titanium armor is strong, Grail's blasts are pretty impressive. He also has the cheap omnidirectional thing going, so they're kinda hard to dodge. It'd be close, I just see Grailnighter walking away more than not.

Khellendros
She only had four appearances, her shield was described as impenetrable. And it has remained so. No need for scans.
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
OH SH*T SON! You just blinked! Long Pig demands proof of one of my claims on Midnighter, I give it with a quickness. I ask for the same, he CAN'T. Put up or shut up. As of now, that shield might as well be a wall of sh*t.

EDIT:
And only four appearances?? Bull. This is from YOUR OWN LINK (a list of her appearances):

There. Eighteen appearances. Pick one decent showing, other than that stupid one panel, and toss it up here boy.

Dizzle
I think he meant the shield's only been utilized 4 times. And as I remember, it was initially let through BECAUSE the shield isn't all powerful...

Khellendros
Originally posted by Dizzle
I think he meant the shield's only been utilized 4 times. And as I remember, it was initially let through BECAUSE the shield isn't all powerful...
Well that's not what he said. And you're telling me out of EIGHTEEN apearances, she's only used it four times? Well, which issues were they?

long pig
No, the shield hasn't been used much in her appearances. She spent most of her appearances doing prep work on her virtual reality bomb and the like.
It only appeared when she claimed it and announced it as "indestructable" and while she fought Spiderman, which he couldn't break and then against Spiderman & Ben, in which they couldn't break it there either.

In all her appearances, it didn't faulter that I know of. And in most her bios, it's noted that the shield is very tough and/or impenetrable.

In the few times she's used it, it did as it's said to do. Going by the only proof available, it's near impenetrable.

Nothing really there up for debate.

Plus we have Electro's shielding and such.

long pig
The fact remains that I have more than enough protection & speed to dodge and handle evvvverrrryyythhhiinggg Khell has. He, on the other hand, has no defense against my attack.

I only need one hit and the game is over, the hit will happen while he is being overwhelmed by other attacks.

Khellendros
No, the shield hasn't been used much in her appearances. She spent most of her appearances doing prep work on her virtual reality bomb and the like.
It only appeared when she claimed it and announced it as "indestructable" and while she fought Spiderman, which he couldn't break and then against Spiderman & Ben, in which they couldn't break it there either.

In all her appearances, it didn't faulter that I know of. And in most her bios, it's noted that the shield is very tough and/or impenetrable.

In the few times she's used it, it did as it's said to do. Going by the only proof available, it's near impenetrable.

Nothing really there up for debate.

Plus we have Electro's shielding and such.
Riiight. So I'm just supposed to take your word for it? I have a scan for you when you demand proof, just one page, and you can't do the same? I don't care if she THINKS it's invincible, the fact is it hasn't stood any kind of REAL test.

Oh, and I'm also interested in what issue Electro used his supposed shield. I believe Scoobless was kinda doubtful about it's existance at one point, so now I am too. I'm not asking about the stupid web pages, I'm asking for comic appearances here, son.

See, I have provided scan after scan proving my characters are as badass as I say they are and they can do waht I say they can. You... make a lot of claims, put up a lot of little links, but seem to have no comic appearances to bakc yourself up, ESPECIALLY on these shields.

long pig
Voting Khell...

Teleporting=Mobility. Blink and MNer are also crazy quick and agile. Combined with the fact that he can put up portals to send stuff right back to Shocktopus, I don't see nearly as many attacks hitting him as LP says will. Those that aren't teleported away or dodged are going to be hitting a strong forcefield for some time. Shocktopus's forcefield is questionable in strength, and while titanium armor is strong, Grail's blasts are pretty impressive. He also has the cheap omnidirectional thing going, so they're kinda hard to dodge. It'd be close, I just see Grailnighter walking away more than not.

I don't quite understand this. I've made it pretty clear that I will only need one hit. Khell agrees. I agree. We all agree.
That was the major point of my argument.

The only true debate thus far, is can I get it. Khell has yet to give anyone a real reason WHY I can't get that one single attack.

Now, to everyone else. This attack is two extremely long, extremely fast adamantium barbed tipped coils(think omega red coils), propelled by rockets and controlled mentally.
It will hit him at some point while I'm attacking, and when it does, he will be electrocuted, and he will die and I will reel him in and cut him in half........Why? Because, underneath it all, Shocktopus really is an ass****.

Don't get confused that this is my only attack method, I have tentacles that can K.O him in a hit. 5 foot blades that slice him in half first try, blasters that can knock him around off balance and electricity....but the fact is, I only need those as an aversion for my true one hit kill.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1285/ggg2fd.png
Shocktopus says "Don't smoke crack, vote for long pig!"

Scoobless
This attack is two extremely long, extremely fast adamantium barbed tipped coils(think omega red coils), propelled by rockets and controlled mentally.

but didn't Khell post a scan saying he can jam psionic signals? shouldn't that also block the mental control over your barbs? and even the tentacles?

long pig
No.
What Khell has shown was grail making a field (Which seemed to leave him otherwise open for attack) around himself interferring with someone being mindcontrolled. That has nothing to do with me having complete and direct control over my equipment. Which is both mentally/physically and magnetically controlled.

Unless he's saying he can prevent my mind from doing something it naturally does, which is some form telepathy and or mind attack.

long pig
He'd also have to consider the fact that he himself has cybernetics under psionic control inside his mind and body, when, if he does try to open the psionic dampener field, his mind's cybernetics would shut down due to interference.
Or, I could shut it down...I guess he can choose. I owe him that much.

Scoobless
Unless he's saying he can prevent my mind from doing something it naturally does, which is some form telepathy and or mind attack.

unlike

his mind's cybernetics would shut down due to interference.
Or, I could shut it down

lol

long pig
Just covering all the options, countering anything possible. Never said I wasn't a hypocrite.

Shocktopus says "Hypocrisy is wrong!"

Scoobless
np.... i'm not taking sides... just trying to get everything straight before voting

long pig
I don't mind a little ball breaking.

I just don't think I got my premise across to Shocktopus' adoring public.

Basically, here is the short and the long of it: With Shocktopus' boot thrusters, he can advance faster than anyone in the tourney, 165mph (?? Tourney limit?? He's faster than that, but he's being restricted. per tourney rules) in a half second.
With this, coupled with his amazing fighting speed and reaction, he can fire off a flurry of laser & electric & tentacle attacks at the same time, confusing & overwhelming his target with the mass of attacks and the speed at which they are being delivered.

When the opportune time comes, he then can use two adamantium coils that blast out of his arms as fast as the eye can see, when they hit, they go through anything.
Shocktopus' plan from there is to unload his remaining 1 or so million volts into the inside of his target. There is one person in this tourney capable of handling that, Khell is not that person.

It's a very cheap attack, but it's effective and 99.9% lethal. One shot is all he needs, people. He's got the Hulk-proof armor and shields there to allow him that chance.

Scoobless
There is one person in this tourney capable of handling that, Khell is not that person.

yeah... but Kirbilactus is already dead

big grin

Mr _Whirlysplat
I vote Piggy

long pig
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
I vote Piggy
eek!
Thanks. smile

Cosmic Cube
LONG PIG OWNZ!!

I vote for pig.

I mean, he's so appealing. How could you vote against him? droolio

Khellendros
I'm at a friend's house right now, no time for an extended to reply. Just making it known I'm not just spacing out, and asking for a little patience from the voters till I can fire off another post worth reading.

RAGE17
i vote for long pig....alot more convincing.....

Khellendros
Originally posted by RAGE17
i vote for long pig....alot more convincing.....
Or DON'T wait...

long pig
Do not yell at the voters, Khell.

DigiMark007
I think this can be cleared up by simply saying: Make votes whenever you want for whomever you want, but please continue to watch the debate, and be open to changing your vote if the other person convinces you.

It should also be assumed that votes should probably wait until at least a few good strategies have been posted...sometimes this is problem, other times not so much. In the future I (or whoever is running a tourney) should say something when the thread is initially made. As it is, enough strategies have been posted here so far that any votes are justified, but again please remain open if convincing arguments are presented.

RAGE17
Originally posted by Khellendros
Or DON'T wait...

don't forget your place here..you are nothing but a puny insect to me....

Khellendros
Originally posted by RAGE17
don't forget your place here..you are nothing but a puny insect to me....
Riiight. Nevermind. You just vote for whomever you like. If the choice is between winning with idiots like you voting for me, or going down but with a nice ration of the more intelligent posters around here having voted for me... losing won't be so bad.

long pig
What's left to debate?
It's come down to "Can Shocktopus get in one hit?"

Khell:"NO! Why? Because I said!"
long pig: " What the f**k? Of course I can get a hit in -shows how-."

Voters: "I vote he can get that hit in."

Khell:"**** you voter! You go to hell and you die!"

RAGE17
Riiight. Nevermind. You just vote for whomever you like. If the choice is between winning with idiots like you voting for me, or going down but with a nice ration of the more intelligent posters around here having voted for me... losing won't be so bad.

whatever you say blue dragon boy..... roll eyes (sarcastic) ..dont feel like getting banned this week.....or else you would be running to your mummy right now

Khellendros
No, I just get a little ticked when the voters start calling me an insect.

RAGE17
No, I just get a little ticked when the voters start calling me an insect.

well it should be your business who i vote for.....

Laminator_X
Hmm, tough call. Tentatively voting for Khellendros. I'm thingking Grailnighter can probably avoid Shocktopus's mega-lunge attack, owing to Midnighter's reflexes/skills+Blink's teleportation.

It aint over yet though.

long pig
How many times do you think he can avoid both of them? I can shoot and retry forever.

Think of it as a retractable bullet hooked to a tazer stuck on the highest voltage.

Laminator_X
I'm not trying to enter the debate, but meerly giving a reason for my vote. Since you begged the question though, I'll ask it. How do you intend to have continued opportunities for your big attack without leaving opennings for Grailnighter to riposte?

Dizzle
What's left to debate?
It's come down to "Can Shocktopus get in one hit?"

Khell:"NO! Why? Because I said!"
long pig: " What the f**k? Of course I can get a hit in -shows how-."

Voters: "I vote he can get that hit in."

Khell:"**** you voter! You go to hell and you die!"

You need one hit on his body to kill him. (Debatable, actually. Some symbiotes DID take a mountain blowing up around them. The barbs would do it in one shot, but he might take a smack or three from the tentacles and other smaller hits, even when shieldless)

When he has a tourney limit-pushing forcefield, which he has demonstrated extremely good control of, combined with amazing reactions, dodging ability, and teleportation. (meaning it won't be taking very steady amounts of damage) That's what I meant by "he won't be taking many hits".

You saying you could one hit KO him is like him saying he could one hit kill you... Which he could... If your armor and forcefields were all gone. But they're not, just as his are not.

GODLIKE is much much faster. As was Shaiclops. Both are more than double your speed. Fastest in the tourney my arse. smile

long pig
No. Not at all, actually. My point missed the mark completely, then.

He has nothing in his arsenal(Of energy or otherwise) that can penetrate my shields and the Hulk proof armor and into energy resistant flesh..... in one hit and do serious damage....ZERO.

As for Shocktopus:
His Adamantium super sharp coils, when backed by the velocity and power of the rockets(they are propelled by rockets, and strong enough to go straight through Hulk), can cut through his shields and anything he has like butter, lodging themselves like hooks inside his body. THEN, I unload all the electricity in my body into his. He dies.....no coming back from it*.

The chances are very high that I will get this attack, seeing I have other weapons to overwhelm him, and with the Ock Arm's A.I, I won't be multi tasking no where nearly as much as Khell's says he can (Did you know Grailnighter can multi task FTL? :rolleyes), which gives me the advantage of accuracy for my De La Ultimo attack.

Maybe I explained it less than coherent the first time. embarrasment

*Note:
Now, let's say he prays hard enough and somehow TOAA grants him permission to survive that attack by magic.....even TOAA won't be silly enough to let him make it through and still be conscious. I can then REEL him in with crazy speed and chop him straight in half.

long pig
-edit-

DigiMark007
Couple things, just to clarify (as always, I don't want to take sides, even though what I have to say may be for or against one person).

The displacement effect from Blink's projectiles, if they were to hit LP, would do damage. How much, who knows...but eventually it would get through. I doubt that changes LP's strategy (or Khell's for that matter), but I wanted to mention it. And secondly, Speedfreek's armor, while thick, is titanium-strength (except for the blades which are adamantium). The "Hulk-proof" label that keeps getting added to it might be a a bit misleading.

long pig
evil face
Me, misleading? Never.

My sheaths are adamantium, too.

Khellendros
Here's that post I promised, full of scan-ly goodness. Apologies in advance to the 56K voters out there.

SPEED: LP says he can basically speedblitz me. Here's the reaction time of a couple of my characters (some will be reposts).
Midnighter-
The aforementiond dodging energy blast from point blank range from an expert enhanced marskman. Casually, I might add.http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speed32cx.jpg

Takes on a Werewolf who took down Hawksmoor. Gets in multiple hits so fast, the wounds don't even start bleeding till moments later.
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vswerewolf16dk.jpg
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vswerewolf20bz.jpg
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vswerewolf31bi.jpg

He talks about striking at me with arms and barbs and blah blah blah. Well, none of those move faster than multiple energy blasts and automatic gunfire.
http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsxmen13ct.jpg

Taking out the new Doctor from across the room before he can finish a sentence.
http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skill17xr.jpg

Blink-
Dances effortlessly through gunfire, the guy only gets a few shots in before she grabs her javelins and releases them.
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=combat0yo.jpg

Clears a room of several guys before any of them can react (notice the wine glass in the middle left behind the chair. It's still spilling by the time she's finished kicking ass).
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skills42rh.jpg

Once again dancing through gunfire in a split second, in time to catch a portal that was snapping shut.
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speed7xq.jpg

POWER: LP doubts I have Cyclops level power.

Again, taking out two solid energy being who were immune to any physical attacks (gunfire, explosives, giant claws, etc).
http://img351.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abilities46lz.jpg

Taking on another energy being like himself. MC-2 is master of basically ALL electromagnetic energy.
http://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abilities54mo.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abilities69nc.jpg
The two are throwing around so much energy, not only is the basement lab destroyed around them, it destroys the several story mansion above street level. In the aftermath, Grail is the only one left alive.
http://img351.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abilities72ac.jpg
http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abilities85fe.jpg

Also, I've said that his energy burns the flesh (and all organic matter) on contact. Here's some proof of that.

Disintegrating some werewolves.
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chiblast8al.jpg

Burns the flesh right off the skeleton off a vampire that got too close.
http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chiblast18oe.jpg

Enemy disintegrating on contact with a shield.
http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chiburning9nw.jpg

I am faster than him. My shields are stronger that his (he has NO showings to back up his shield's supposed strength). I teleport. I am far FAR more mobile. I have wide arc, Cyclops level energy blast. My shield's won't conduct electricity and I've already shown them reflecting lasers with no problem. None of his barbs or mechanical arms will even get close, even WITHOUT my teleportation.

He has no proof of one shield's strength. He can't even prove Electro has a shield. His armor leaves his head exposed, so my chi will burn the flesh from his skull. He keeps making claims and can't back them up. time and again, I back up everything I say, on demand even. He is so outmatched, it's sad. He's got a loser drug junkie, an idiot who Spiderman punks ALL the time and a chick with a shield that's almost never been used in comics. I win in every area, except blasting myself forward like a big tentacled rocket, easily dodged or teleported around.

grey fox
Yeah I'm voting for khell . Mostly because what he says makes sense and the whole 'Multi tentacle , electro fired, barb slice ,propelled by rocket thing' sounds kinda far-fetched.

Khellendros
Yeah I'm voting for khell . Mostly because what he says makes sense and the whole 'Multi tentacle , electro fired, barb slice ,propelled by rocket thing' sounds kinda far-fetched.
Gracias. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. >_>

grey fox
Hey , i was just waiting to see who gave the better argument , and as cool as long pig's sounded . It didn't really sound realistic, i mean if the rocket boosters must allow barely any movement (at least for a while) so whats to stop grailnighter from just hopping out the way.

Khellendros
Hey , i was just waiting to see who gave the better argument , and as cool as long pig's sounded . It didn't really sound realistic, i mean if the rocket boosters must allow barely any movement (at least for a while) so whats to stop grailnighter from just hopping out the way.
Or teleporting. It's ALL about the mobility, baby!

Scoobless
with the Ock Arm's A.I..........

i know Doc Ock (the real one) has recently added A.I. to his tentacles.... but i don't remember the female Ock having it..... could be wrong though (i'll check later)

Khellendros
Originally posted by Scoobless
i know Doc Ock (the real one) has recently added A.I. to his tentacles.... but i don't remember the female Ock having it..... could be wrong though (i'll check later)
Goe ahead and look, cuase I'm curious too. But, it doesn't really matter. Midnighter routinely takes on multiple opponents without taking one hit.

DarkCrawler
I vote for Long Pig.

armandovalles
i vote for Long Pig

zachrivard
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I vote for Long Pig. Originally posted by armandovalles
i vote for Long Pig
u guys should give reasons, like how Lp has a better amalgam and how his strategy is better and in a fight kell.'s amalgam would get owned
thats y i am voting LP

K3VIL
Longpig takes this.
How?
Let me explain.
Doc Shocktopus can jam brain synapses, create electrical fields that will reduce to ashes upon contact flesh and bones, plus add in the speed he possess, the tentacles and the armor, he's a real threat.Consider also he can amp his strenght using electricity and also fly and levitate, Grailnighter got great powersets too, but Shock is protected from an armor, which is not organic matter and he got the chance to attack a vast area with Electro's powers, not to mention the tentacles are insulated, so he could attack Grail meanwhile he's blasting him, ending quickly the match.Teleporting away is a good option, but Shock can keep up an electrical field to protect himself, teleporting in close quarter will result into the death of Grailnighter or a serious damage to his persona.Electro claimed he could level a neighbourhood with his power, and considering he's the one who wrecked part of the RAFT, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s prison for supervillains, it's a feat he's capable of.
When the fight begins, what prevents Shocktopus to cut lose and emit an omnidirectional electrical blast that will obliterate anything in the range, even if Grailnighter teleport safe, he got to came back to fight, and Shock could just wait for him and using the electrical powers to slow him down and finish him with blades and tentacles.

long pig
Thanks, guys. -bows-

Shocktopus, continuing to rock out with his cock out. yes

TwisterGameX
This is a crazy match so far. I Don't know who to vote for.

long pig
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
This is a crazy match so far. I Don't know who to vote for.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4589/shocktopus1ft.png

Khellendros
Originally posted by K3VIL
Doc Shocktopus can jam brain synapses, create electrical fields that will reduce to ashes upon contact flesh and bones
Great, but my shields won't let any of that through. Check the scans. Grail took on a guy who was solid energy, and controlled ElectroMagnetic radiation.

plus add in the speed he possess, the tentacles and the armor, he's a real threat.
The speed only shoots him in one direction. My reaction time combined with teleporting means he will NEVER touch me. And his armor doesn't cover his head. One blast of my chi and his flesh will be disintegrated off of his upper neck and head.

Consider also he can amp his strenght using electricity and also fly and levitate,
He's at about class 10, I'm CLASS SIXTY. And flying/levitation is not allowed or else my guy would be flying around too.

Grailnighter got great powersets too, but Shock is protected from an armor, which is not organic matter
His head is unprotected, and his armor will get torn open with one blast from me. Look at the examples of Grail's power I've posted all throughout this thread.

and he got the chance to attack a vast area with Electro's powers, not to mention the tentacles are insulated, so he could attack Grail meanwhile he's blasting him, ending quickly the match.
Again, look at the scans. Grail can do omnidirectional blasts. And I've proven that I can reflect his lasers with no damage to even thin shields.

Electro claimed he could level a neighbourhood with his power, and considering he's the one who wrecked part of the RAFT, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s prison for supervillains, it's a feat he's capable of.
Yes, he claims a lot, but he doesn't deliver much. And, Electro blew up the raft in the same title that a Hand ninja stabbed Iron Man through his armor. That place is jobbers paradise. One good showing does not an uber character make. And he STILL went down like a little b*tch in the end.

When the fight begins, what prevents Shocktopus to cut lose and emit an omnidirectional electrical blast that will obliterate anything in the range
Oh, just my shield that WILL NOT conduct electricity. And the fact that I can cut loose with my own omnidirectional blasts? Also, I can sense the electrical energy building up in him.

even if Grailnighter teleport safe, he got to came back to fight, and Shock could just wait for him and using the electrical powers to slow him down and finish him with blades and tentacles.
See, most of the arguments you're making for LP can apply to me. I can cut loose with devastating blasts that even destroy characters made of solidified energy. The only thing is, LP doesn't have the luxury of teleporting to get away.

long pig
Class ten? Shocktopus is between 20-30ton range, plenty enough strength to use his adamantium blades to cut through anything...so trying to h2h me is suicide for anyone, especially you.

No matter how Khell tries to confuse and or spin facts, it's clear that his only choice is to try and avoid me the entire time while blocking lightspeed attacks.

The fact remains I have a higher durability and can break through all his defenses and kill him with one shot.

The only debate so far is can I get that one shot?
Easily.

The arms have A.I, they are the same arms Ock had, she stole them from him. When she and the two spidermen fought, Scarlet tried to attack from behind and the arms attacked.

TwisterGameX
I vote for Longpig.

Khellendros
Class ten? Shocktopus is between 20-30ton range, plenty enough strength to use his adamantium blades to cut through anything...so trying to h2h me is suicide for anyone, especially you.
BS. You still have yet to show Electro showing any kind of Spidey-level strength. You still haven't shown that shield standing up any kind of punishment.

I have scans of the symbiote surviving a mountain-destroying explosion. I have scan that prove I can dodge anything. I have scans proving I have powerful enough energy blasts to punch open his armor.

What, you're seriously saying you can swipe through a shield that takes class 100 blows with ease and a symbiote that can survive a mountin blowing up in one hit? Not a chance.

There is nothing you have that will come CLOSE to touching me.

long pig
With my adamanium blades or mentally controlled adamantium coils? Yes to both.

Super sharp Adamantium is a hell of a thing....especially backed by multi-ton strength & insane speed. It cuts through anything.

Khellendros
God damnit. My computer has been having the shits all night. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, so I may be back tomorrow night or I may not be back for a few days. Good luck LP. I don't see myself making a huge comeback when I'm not even here, but I'm not forfeiting either. I've posted all the scans that are relevant, made all the arguments I can. I'll just ask potential voters to look at the arguments and scans carefully. Let the votes fall where they may.

long pig
With my adamanium blades or mentally controlled adamantium coils? Yes to both.

Super sharp Adamantium is a hell of a thing....especially backed by multi-ton strength & insane speed. It cuts through anything.
Mentally & magnetically controlled coils. Being discharged by magnetism & rockets adds more force to their impact along with accuracy.

grey fox
Your character is superb long-pig but without scans i'm afraid i shall have to stick with Khell on this one .

long pig
Thanks, grey. That's cool.

K3VIL
Hand Ninjas stabbing into Iron Man's armor it's possible if they are using magical blades or weapons that can bypass his force field man.
And about Electro, he wrecked part of the RAFT, which was reinforced with adamantium.
Electro is god-like when he plays it smart.

leonidas
hmm, this is close. to me it boils down to the question of whether shock's shields will hold up. given what i've seen of it, i believe it would -- at least for a while. i'm still not entirely sure 'nighter COULD isolate the electrical impulses in shock's brain from the charges that would be running rampant all around him. then there's the question of the shield's interference. could that further impair his reading of shock's mind? then, to, even allowing he can read his mind, AND allowing he can dodge or port away from a couple attacks, multiple attacks from all over plus freek's speed and multiple attacking arms just seems to me to say shock would be on the offensive all the time and khell would be trying to slip in attacks that wouldn't be powerful enough QUICKLY enough.

i think it would likely be a fairly long (no pun intended!! big grin) battle, with nighter 'porting and dodging and striking but not getting through in time before shock scores the shot he needs to end it. i know khell has good shields, but the thought of something like wolvie's claws on the end of doc ock's tentacles is insane.

sorry khell. great effort and great amalgam, but unless you can explain away some of my reservations REALLY well, my vote is for piggy . . .

well done, both of you.clapping

Dizzle
To clarify, Khell's not trying to read Shocktopus's mind. He's seeing the electricity around Shoucktopus, so as to predict when Shock is going to try to blast him. Specifically seeing his brain has nothing to do with it. The thing with Jenny was to prove that he won't be distracted or blinded if LP decides to suddenly draw a whole bunch of energy.

I stick with Khell, for speculation on LP's shields, as well as the better support he's brought up for each of his arguments. If everything said were accepted as truth, I STILL think it would be really really close.

leonidas
but how can he see the electrical impulses in his brain through an area of electrically charged particles? electricity is electricity be it in the form of a brain impulse or any other form. i just don't know how he would be able to tell the difference.

Dizzle
See, the point is he sees all the electricity around Shocktopus, not specifically in his brain. When the energy starts building, he'll know that Shock is about to blast him. The brain example was to show that he can see electricity in general. He's using seeing electricity as a way for him to dodge blasts more easily.

K Von Doom
I think I'll vote for Khell. Though LP's might be more powerful, I think Blink's teleportation is key. Tracking someone with enhanced speed is one thing, trying to predict the movement of someone who disappears is another.

leonidas
See, the point is he sees all the electricity around Shocktopus, not specifically in his brain. When the energy starts building, he'll know that Shock is about to blast him. The brain example was to show that he can see electricity in general. He's using seeing electricity as a way for him to dodge blasts more easily.

this labors under an assumption though that there IS some sort of 'build up' before he blasts. i'm not sure that is the case. if it's been shown to be true, my apologies. if it has not, then the claim is purely speculation, no? the charged field may BE the build up, and there may be no more warning beyond that.

anyway, there were a number of unknowns in this fight - shock's shield, the total offensive khell could generate . . .

it just seemed to me that lp's unknown's were a little . . . less unknown. least imo.

hey diz, were you in this tourny?

DigiMark007
Yeah, Dizzle was in the tourney. Lost in round 1 to Adam Warlock (formerly Sentry). Good match though, and he actually put up a good fight in the bonus round to get back in the tourney before conceding the match to Laminator (who will face the losers of these current matches for spots 3-5).

Good to see some discussion/momentum back in the matches. Match will be open until Tuesday (I decided not to extend it past a week).

Scoobless
i'll vote for Khell... he's backed up everything he's claimed with scans while LP's shields and strength are still very much in question

Adam Warlock
Voting for LP. Leonidas posted practically everything I was gonna say. big grin

long pig
Why is there such a question over the Ock shields? Sheesh, everyone is acting as though they have been broken before.

As for Electro, he has the means, ability, skill & a reason to make the shields, there no real reason to say he can't.

What am I missing?

grey fox
Hmmm , actual pic's mabye ^__^

DigiMark007
Vote Count? There's about a day left, but it would give us an idea of where we're at right now...

Scoobless
Why is there such a question over the Ock shields? Sheesh, everyone is acting as though they have been broken before.

the fact that i've read some of the comics where female Ock used her shields... and they didn't stand up to her being thrown into a car or a wall

As for Electro, he has the means, ability, skill & a reason to make the shields, there no real reason to say he can't.

but he never has... so you can't know for sure that he ever could

What am I missing?

I wouldn't worry about it... you seem pretty far ahead in the votes as it is

GalacticStorm
i'll vote for Khell... he's backed up everything he's claimed with scans while LP's shields and strength are still very much in question

Agreed. A lil too much speculation involved for my liking. Khellendros.

stormfront13
so sorry khell, bit i vote long pig

long pig
Yes, yes he has.

Hell, every time he flies on an electrical bridge he makes a repellent force field, which repels him off of the ground.

When?

long pig
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Vote Count? There's about a day left, but it would give us an idea of where we're at right now...
5-10 Shocktopus.

Khellendros
Originally posted by leonidas
to me it boils down to the question of whether shock's shields will hold up. given what i've seen of it, i believe it would -- at least for a while.
I'm sorry, but WHAT exactly have you seen of his shields?? Did LP post some scans I missed? He makes a TON of claims and leaps in logic, but has no proof, and yet people take his word for it.

then, to, even allowing he can read his mind, AND allowing he can dodge or port away from a couple attacks, multiple attacks from all over plus freek's speed and multiple attacking arms just seems to me to say shock would be on the offensive all the time and khell would be trying to slip in attacks that wouldn't be powerful enough QUICKLY enough.
What you neglect to realize is that Grailnighter can release his energy from any point on his body. He can be facing away from Shock, and still blow him away. Note the scan where he does the exact same thing to another opponent. And, Grail is almost overflowing with energy, he doesn't so much push the energy out, as he does let it flow out.

i think it would likely be a fairly long (no pun intended!! big grin) battle, with nighter 'porting and dodging and striking but not getting through in time before shock scores the shot he needs to end it. i know khell has good shields, but the thought of something like wolvie's claws on the end of doc ock's tentacles is insane.
They may get through my shields, but they still have to cross at least a foot of open space before contacting my armor. That is more than enough time to teleport clear for my guy.

sorry khell. great effort and great amalgam, but unless you can explain away some of my reservations REALLY well, my vote is for piggy . . .
I've done my best. Any more questions, feel free to ask.

but how can he see the electrical impulses in his brain through an area of electrically charged particles? electricity is electricity be it in the form of a brain impulse or any other form. i just don't know how he would be able to tell the difference.
That's like asking how can I see a candle flame at the end of a well-lit room. Just because there's other light doesn't mean I can't identify that singular source of light even from a distance.

Khellendros
leonidas: how could there not be a noticeable buildup in electrical energy? He's unleashing LIGHTNING.

Pointinel
i vote for LP.

favor for a favor, juss playin stick out tongue.

shocktopus = too much to handle

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I'm not trying to enter the debate, but meerly giving a reason for my vote. Since you begged the question though, I'll ask it. How do you intend to have continued opportunities for your big attack without leaving opennings for Grailnighter to riposte?

Long, Shocktopus is awesome, but for me the above is still the key question. Unless you can address that clearly tomorrow, my vote goes to Grailnighter.

xmarksthespot
Voting Khell for same reasons as those outlined by Scoob and Dizzle.

Scoobless
Yes, yes he has.

Hell, every time he flies on an electrical bridge he makes a repellent force field, which repels him off of the ground.

When?

well when he was flying around with a "repellent field" Spidey cracked him in the head with a rock... so i doubt it would stop any energy blasts

on the Ock question, she was using her force field against Scarlet Spider... it stopped him from punching her... then he smacked her into a car and threw her against a wall and the force field didn't save her from either impact... it's the same issue i was referring to in the character selection threads... i named the issue then (can't remember at present.... i'll look it up tomorrow)

grey fox
leonidas: how could there not be a noticeable buildup in electrical energy? He's unleashing LIGHTNING.

Very true also most meta-humans/mutants usually have a 'power up' phase when using some sort of electrical attack as they try to create as much power in one point of their bodies before releasing it.

long pig
well when he was flying around with a "repellent field" Spidey cracked him in the head with a rock... so i doubt it would stop any energy blasts
He merely didn't cover his body with it. He uses it to stand on sometimes. CIS is all. Electro has the MEANS to make it, the SKILL to make it, the REASON to make it.

If I have a knife, and the skill to use the knife, and a reason to use the knife, do I REALLY need to have stabbed someone before, to make a case that I can stab someone now? No.

Was the shield up? Did she hit herself against her own shield?

-sigh-
You've been stalling this point for a month now. You are the only reason the shield has been called into question.

Scoobless

-sigh-
You've been stalling this point for a month now. You are the only reason the shield has been called into question.

I'm calling bullshit on it.

it was up immediately prior to her being smacked into the car... why would she turn it off?

female Ock's shield was a piece of crap.... she "claimed" it was impenetrable, but she got her ass handed to her regardless

you can call bullshit as many times as you want, the Shield suxx and the comics prove it

long pig
Beat her ass?

She stalemated scarlet spider and spiderman at the same time. And nearly killed Spiderman in the process.
...-sigh-

Dr.SpiderHulk
You lucky weasle......I would have killed you!@!!!big grin sad

Probably not.....good character Long PIG....you do have my vote....

long pig
You voted for me after you called me a dirty mother ****er over PM? laughing
I wasn't expecting that. ****ing awesome.

grey fox
Cool

Scoobless
Beat her ass?

She stalemated scarlet spider and spiderman at the same time. And nearly killed Spiderman in the process.
...-sigh-

haven't read that one... but i have the one where Scarlet kicks her ass all by his lonesome

-sigh-

stick out tongue

grey fox
Yeah but doesn't everything about the clone saga reek of inconsistency.

Scoobless
not really, either way... all of She-Ock's appearances occured during that period... so there's nothing else to judge her by

long pig
haven't read that one... but i have the one where Scarlet kicks her ass all by his lonesome

-sigh-

stick out tongue
Which issue??? The same nonexistent issue her shield breaks?
Bullshit comic #202222?

Scoobless
Which issue??? The same nonexistent issue her shield breaks?
Bullshit comic #202222?

actually, the very existant, "Spectacular Spider-Man" #232

in a fight where she's using her forcefield she gets knocked out by being slammed into a car... her shields don't protect her in the slightest

long pig
Suuurrrreeeeee.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
feel free to look it up if you don't believe me

big grin

long pig
Don't worry, I don't.

Seems to be she beat both spidermen at once, got electrocuted, got jumped by scarlet later on and by underestimating him, lost.

She didn't even use her shield, did she scoob?

Scoobless

-sigh-

stick out tongue

i was wrong about one thing..... Reilly was in the Spider-Man costume in this issue:

actually, the very existant, "Spectacular Spider-Man" #232

in a fight where she's using her forcefield she gets knocked out by being slammed into a car... her shields don't protect her in the slightest

not the Scarlet Spider costume as i originally thought

but he still kicked her ass on his own

She didn't even use her shield, did she scoob?

she did use her shields.... and her laser

big grin

long pig
No, no she didn't.

She underestimated him, and let it get too far. She didn't even attempt to use her shield while he was up close.

Such bullllllllshit.

Scoobless
yes, yes she did... i've got it right in front of me

she says: "have you forgotten about my force-field?"

and he thinks: "UNGH!... Actually, No... I was hoping you had fogotten about your force-field"

then he slams her into a wall and then smacks her into a car... which knocks her out

Khellendros
Oh dear. Looks like that shield really IS as crappy as I thought! Just got spectacular Spiderman 232 myself. Scoob is right, her shield does NOTHING for her when she gets slammed into a wall and face first into the side of a car. Hilarious.

long pig
yes, yes she did... i've got it right in front of me

she says: "have you forgotten about my force-field?"

and he thinks: "UNGH!... Actually, No... I was hoping you had fogotten about your force-field"

then he slams her into a wall and then smacks her into a car... which knocks her out
Can you show it, instead of just...blabbing? Try not to take it out of context, if you don't mind. big grin

Scoobless
Can you show it, instead of just...blabbing? Try not to take it out of context, if you don't mind. big grin

not at the moment... no scanner

Oh dear. Looks like that shield really IS as crappy as I thought! Just got spectacular Spiderman 232 myself. Scoob is right, her shield does NOTHING for her when she gets slammed into a wall and face first into the side of a car. Hilarious.

can you show the scans then?

long pig
He's more than likely just following your lead.

The fact is, her shield wasn't up when she was K.O'd. End of story.

Scoobless
He's more than likely just following your lead.

The fact is, her shield wasn't up when she was K.O'd. End of story.

so you think she just decided to turn it off in the middle of a fight?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Khellendros
I'll have scans in a bit.

DigiMark007
Fights will be closed tonight, but it will be late (Eastern US Time). I only have time to make a few comments right now...can't count votes and such yet.

Khellendros
Damn, sorry for the delay. One of the images won't upload and I can't figure out why. But here are the two pertinent images, with only one page missing in between.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7307/spectacularspiderman232174tf.th.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5938/spectacularspiderman232193wx.th.jpg
Owned.

Scoobless
Damn, sorry for the delay. One of the images won't upload and I can't figure out why. But here are the two pertinent images, with only one page missing in between.

i had trouble with imageshack earlier as well... just close the page and open a new one

long pig

-sigh-

She indeed hit her head against her force field. I asked how many times?

No breakage or failure of the shield happend whatsoever. What DID happen was one of two things:

Carol, with her average female body, cracked her head up against her unbreakable shield.

or

She put it down.

Either way, it remains indestructable in the comics, like I've said & it remains tourney limit.

Scoobless
She indeed hit her head against her force field. I asked how many times?

doesn't look like that in the scan... it looks like she hit the car directly after the field completely failed

long pig
For the ones in skirts, who don't think things through before they talk. Here, let me help.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5669/force7ud.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7451/force21tj.jpg

long pig
laughing

I should get points for that.

Khellendros
Wow. Thats a very... creative interpretation, but her body is obviously what's hitting the wall up there. Her little backpack thing that keeps the arms attached is what sends chunks of rock flying. Forcefield = craptastic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>