Sonic Vs Megaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Who takes the Blue tittle evil face

TwisterGameX
Well ?

Tru_Slice
Are you serious?

Little Boy Blue blows his head off!

(I saw it on VGDC.com)

TwisterGameX
lol How is he catching sonic may I ask.

unrealman
Simple he stops time by using time stopper it's the weapon he gets from defeating Flashman .

TwisterGameX
Not his weapon now is it. He gets it from defeating some man and takes his weapons.

TwisterGameX
bump

Sonic x 20
Sonic Fights Robots all the time and Megaman is a Robot. I like both Sonic and Megaman, but I'll go with Sonic as always. big grin big grin cool cool

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
Sonic Fights Robots all the time and Megaman is a Robot. I like both Sonic and Megaman, but I'll go with Sonic as always. big grin big grin cool cool

laughing out loud

Acrosurge
Sonic Fights Robots all the time and Megaman is a Robot.And Sonic is awesome at fighting Eggman's robots, but he's never fought anyone like Mega Man. The Blue Bomber has a human-like mind, rather than the mindless AI of other robots. Rock (Mega Man's original name) may not be as fast as Sonic, but he's vastly stronger and more durable. He's also fought a number of speedsters in his time and I'm confident he could tag Sonic with his Mega Buster.

TwisterGameX
Sonic kills regular megaman

dvampire
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Sonic kills regular megaman

Regular Megaman was powerful to though, I'm not sure it'll be that easy. confused

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by dvampire
Regular Megaman was powerful to though, I'm not sure it'll be that easy. confused

Regular megaman loses confused Sonic is not weak confused MX has a better chance confused Speed>>Robot with blaster

dvampire
Regular megaman loses confused Sonic is not weak confused MX has a better chance confused Speed>>Robot with blaster

Megaman has fought against beings with speed and he's not just a simple robot. confused He's packing way to much fire power. smile

TwisterGameX
Megaman has fought against beings with speed and he's not just a simple robot. confused He's packing way to much fire power. smile

I know but were they faster than sonic smile

dvampire
I know but were they faster than sonic smile

I don't know, but Sonic is only sound speed, it shouldn't be that hard for Megaman to tag him. Megaman also have Rush, who gives him the ability to fly. Megaman could just fly above Sonic, blasting him with his Mega Buster. smile

Hoshi
megaman would probaly win since he has much more fire power, although catching sonic would be a problem megaman could use his robotic abilities to calculate the whereabouts of sonic.

TwisterGameX
I don't know, but Sonic is only sound speed, it shouldn't be that hard for Megaman to tag him. Megaman also have Rush, who gives him the ability to fly. Megaman could just fly above Sonic, blasting him with his Mega Buster. smile

This is not megaman and rush vs Sonic smile

Acrosurge
This is not megaman and rush vs Sonic smile True, its Mega Man with his standard powers vs Sonic with his standard abilities Sonic's standard abilities include speed, agility, the whirlwind (Sonic Heroes), and the spin dash. Mega Man's abilities include superhuman strength, durability, agility, the Mega Buster and the Mega Uppercut (think Dragon Punch here).

Like I said, this is a great fight. I think Mega Man has what it takes to beat Sonic. He's beaten both Quickman (the fastest robot in the world) and Turboman (who's speed is supposed to rival Quickman's). He's also beaten several teleporters.

TwisterGameX
sonic gets tails

Acrosurge
sonic gets tails Does Mega Man get Bass, Proto Man, or Duo?

Sonic x 20
Tails can help Sonic Fly in the air and even give him some mechanics to help him out. big grin big grin cool cool

dvampire
Tails can help Sonic Fly in the air and even give him some mechanics to help him out. big grin big grin cool cool

Megaman still has Rush though and is able to attack from a distance with his Mega Buster. smile

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Does Mega Man get Bass, Proto Man, or Duo?

yes but sonic gets tails shadow and the devil

TwisterGameX
Megaman still has Rush though and is able to attack from a distance with his Mega Buster. smile

it's not rush vs sonic smile

dvampire
it's not rush vs sonic smile

He dosen't need him, he still wins without him. smile

TwisterGameX
He dosen't need him, he still wins without him. smile

to fast for him smile

dvampire
to fast for him smile

No he's not. smile

TwisterGameX
No he's not. smile

So your saying Megaman is faster than Sonic confused

dvampire
So your saying Megaman is faster than Sonic confused

I'm saying he's not so fast that Megaman can't beat him. confused

TwisterGameX
I'm saying he's not so fast that Megaman can't beat him. confused

But Sonic is to fast confused

dvampire
But Sonic is to fast confused

Just not fast enough. confused

TwisterGameX
Just not fast enough. confused

How is Megeman seeing him...Sonic fought bigger stronger robots and small sick ones to that he was to fast for...better than Megamans robots that he fought that don't move fast at all....this is not X right so.. confused

Hoshi
megamn has already fought faster foes than sonic

Acrosurge
yes but sonic gets tails shadow and the devil The devil as in Satan, or an obscure Sonic character?

Sonic certainly fights some large robots, but if you know Mega Man, you know that he makes a career of fighting enormous 'bots, and most of them have much better offensive capabilities than their Sonic counterparts. It seems that Eggman builds zany contraptions. Wily builds robots specifically for war and destruction. I have played most of the Mega Man games, and beaten most of the Sonic games. I haven't finished Sonic Heroes or Chaotix, but I've completed the rest. My opinion is based on the information from those games.

Chaosbark
Isn't this just Sonic vs Megaman? Sonic is pretty fast so I don't think Megaman would be able to keep track of him.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Chaosbark
Isn't this just Sonic vs Megaman? Sonic is pretty fast so I don't think Megaman would be able to keep track of him. I think he's got a chance, since he regularly battles speedsters and teleporters.

dvampire
Originally posted by Chaosbark
Isn't this just Sonic vs Megaman? Sonic is pretty fast so I don't think Megaman would be able to keep track of him.

What else could Sonic do besides using his speed against Megaman?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Hoshi
megamn has already fought faster foes than sonic

Name and show the speed of these other robots size,speed, and smartness ?

Hoshi
is sonic mach 5 like turbo man?

dvampire
is sonic mach 5 like turbo man?

Nope. smile

TwisterGameX
xx beats xx arguements ?

Acrosurge
is sonic mach 5 like turbo man? I don't think Sonic can do much better than mach 1, unless he goes Super.

Acrosurge
xx beats xx arguements ? Did you not ask for speed assessments? Turbo Man has been said to move at Mach 5. Quick Man has been said to be Turbo Man's superior in speed, so he must move at least that fast or faster. Mega Man has beaten them both multiple times. Therefore, it is logical to argue that Sonic's speed would not overwhelm Mega Man, since he has defeated faster foes.

As for sizes, the largest robot Mega Man has faced was the colossal Gamma project. Gamma was a robot with indestructible armor. He stood over 130 feet tall. That's over 14 stories!

Bottom line: Sonic would put up a terrific battle, but Mega Man has the ability and durability to outlast him.

TwisterGameX
no

dvampire
no

Why not?

TwisterGameX
Why not?

Megaman X can win but I mean(I forget which sonic we are talking about) but in the comic sonic faces robots more deadlier than Megaman, and in this match Mega doesn't get all his stolen powers and stuff.

tragic mulatto
Sonic, chaos control Megamans a**. Sonic has fought things WAY harder than Mega Man can dream of.

1. Perfect Chaos. (a water God)
2. Stoppe a space coloney from crashing toward earth.
3.Metal Overlord
4. even a mechanical planet. "The Death Egg"

p.s Sonic fought other robots and beings.
Sonic fought aliens, human robtos Eggmans robots, and many other things.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by tragic mulatto
Sonic, chaos control Megamans a**. Sonic has fought things WAY harder than Mega Man can dream of.

1. Perfect Chaos. (a water God)
2. Stoppe a space coloney from crashing toward earth.
3.Metal Overlord
4. even a mechanical planet. "The Death Egg"

p.s Sonic fought other robots and beings.
Sonic fought aliens, human robtos Eggmans robots, and many other things. I think this was supposed to be a standard ability battle. Last time I checked, Chaos Control was not part of Sonic's innate power set.

1. Sonic was not able to defeat Perfect Chaos until he went Super Sonic, so this really isn't a good argument for regular Sonic vs regular Mega Man.

2. A space colony? Mega Man has dealt with space stations and fortresses.

3. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Metal Overlord.

4. The Death Egg was at best moon-sized, if that. Mega Man has destroyed space stations of equal size.

I'm not denying Sonic's achievements. He's a world class hero. But nothing the Blue Blur has done suggests that he would take a decisive victory against the Blue Bomber.

Acrosurge
Megaman X can win but I mean(I forget which sonic we are talking about) but in the comic sonic faces robots more deadlier than Megaman... ...but he's never faced a robot with Mega Man's strength, agility, durability, firepower, and human-like mind. And let's face it, a fully charged blast of Mega Man's Mega Buster would vaporize the Blue Blur if it connects.

Shadow x 20
Clearly you never heard of Hyper Metal Sonic. It knows everything about Sonic and could move just as fast and Sonic still won. And need I remind you of Sonic Wind? Sonic Wind is Sonic's special attack which would circle around Megaman and kill him. Only way to dodge it is if you are moving fast enough which Megaman can't reach those speeds. Sonic also has lightspeed attack. Sonic will move at lightspeed to defeat Megaman. Megaman has never defeated an opponent moving at the speed of light.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Clearly you never heard of Hyper Metal Sonic. It knows everything about Sonic and could move just as fast and Sonic still won. And need I remind you of Sonic Wind? Sonic Wind is Sonic's special attack which would circle around Megaman and kill him. Only way to dodge it is if you are moving fast enough which Megaman can't reach those speeds. Sonic also has lightspeed attack. Sonic will move at lightspeed to defeat Megaman. Megaman has never defeated an opponent moving at the speed of light. Metal Sonic is formidable, but it still lacked Mega Man's strength and human-like mind (unless MS goes around lifting fortresses, in which case its still lacking Mega Man's mind).

Sonic Wind? That requires an emerald, so it isn't really an ability Sonic has on his own.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the lightspeed dash was not an ability innate to Sonic. It was a powerup in Sonic Adventure 1, was it not? I don't remember whether it existed in Sonic Heroes, or if it was innate in Sonic Adventure 2. That aside, I recall the lightspeed dash needing rings in order to function. Am I thinking of a different move? This means it wouldn't really be a practical attack to use against the Blue Bomber.

If Sonic and Mega Man are allowed access to all of their powerups in this fight, then Sonic would win easily. All he'd have to do is go Super and pound Mega Man into submission. But based on each characters natural abilities, I'm still siding with Mega Man.

Shadow x 20
In Sonic Heroes Sonic has that move naturally and Blue Torando (Which is Blue Tornado in Sonic Heroes but I call it Sonic Wind sorry for the mix up) and what about the Egg Emperor? Human like mind? Eggman was controlling it. And Metal Sonic does have a human like mind because that was proven in Sonic Heroes because he did all that himself.

Acrosurge
In Sonic Heroes Sonic has that move naturally and Blue Torando (Which is Blue Tornado in Sonic Heroes but I call it Sonic Wind sorry for the mix up) and what about the Egg Emperor? Human like mind? Eggman was controlling it. And Metal Sonic does have a human like mind because that was proven in Sonic Heroes because he did all that himself. Fair enough. The Blue Tornado isn't an instant kill, and isn't effective against stronger enemies. Its very cool, though.

Remote's aren't really part of the argument here. Mega Man fight's remotes controlled by Dr. Wily quite often.

Metal Sonic...smart? Now, we're getting into interesting territory. Heroes proved that Metal Sonic had free will, but assuming for a moment it has the adaptability and spontaneous decision-making of Mega Man, it still lacks Rock's enormous physical strength, so I'm not sure the comparison is a strong argument in favor of the Blue Blur.

We've covered a lot of ground in this thread. I'm willing to agree to disagree if you are. I'm also willing to cover more points, if you so desire.

megasonic
I know sonic will win.

dvampire
Originally posted by megasonic
I know sonic will win.

I don't, so please tell me how? confused

Shadow x 20
Fair enough. The Blue Tornado isn't an instant kill, and isn't effective against stronger enemies. Its very cool, though.

Remote's aren't really part of the argument here. Mega Man fight's remotes controlled by Dr. Wily quite often.

Metal Sonic...smart? Now, we're getting into interesting territory. Heroes proved that Metal Sonic had free will, but assuming for a moment it has the adaptability and spontaneous decision-making of Mega Man, it still lacks Rock's enormous physical strength, so I'm not sure the comparison is a strong argument in favor of the Blue Blur.

We've covered a lot of ground in this thread. I'm willing to agree to disagree if you are. I'm also willing to cover more points, if you so desire.
Basically we will need to cover both character's strength and weaknesses. Sonic's blue tornado isn't useless in this fight for Rock weights how much?

Acrosurge
Basically we will need to cover both character's strength and weaknesses. Sonic's blue tornado isn't useless in this fight for Rock weights how much? It'll be a factor, but not enough for him to trump Mega Man everytime. Rock's official weight is 105 kg
(pretty heavy for a trim, little robot). His strength should help him resist the winds, also (he's done it before against Airman, Windman, Tenguman, and Cloudman).

Shadow x 20
See that's why I asked. Well actually Blue Tornado did throw some pretty big robots around but I am not sure on the weight of the robots so at the moment I can't decide on the outcome of the fight. Sonic's fast speeds can best be described by an example of a car. Notice when you are going 80mph and slow down 20 it seems you are going very slow. Your eyes get use to the high speeds like Sonic's does. So people who say Sonic can't control his speed don't know Sonic. Sonic also defeated (tied with at the most) something that can move at Sonic's speed if not faster with a mind like a human (or as the Professor said 'I deisgned his mind to be perfect') Shadow the Hedgehog. So Sonic does have some history of fighting something that was created by man with a mind like you describe Metal Sonic didn't have.

Acrosurge
See that's why I asked. Well actually Blue Tornado did throw some pretty big robots around but I am not sure on the weight of the robots so at the moment I can't decide on the outcome of the fight. Sonic's fast speeds can best be described by an example of a car. Notice when you are going 80mph and slow down 20 it seems you are going very slow. Your eyes get use to the high speeds like Sonic's does. So people who say Sonic can't control his speed don't know Sonic. Sonic also defeated (tied with at the most) something that can move at Sonic's speed if not faster with a mind like a human (or as the Professor said 'I deisgned his mind to be perfect') Shadow the Hedgehog. So Sonic does have some history of fighting something that was created by man with a mind like you describe Metal Sonic didn't have. I understand that Sonic's reflexes must be considerable, but you musn't forget that Mega Man also possesses superhuman reflexes that allow him to compete with enemies faster than Sonic (Quickman, Turboman). *shrugs*

Hoshi
I understand that Sonic's reflexes must be considerable, but you musn't forget that Mega Man also possesses superhuman reflexes that allow him to compete with enemies faster than Sonic (Quickman, Turboman). *shrugs*

yup , nothing more need to be said , if he can fight faster ,stronger, more equiped guys and still win sonic probaly wouldnt be a real problem.

Shadow x 20
I understand that Sonic's reflexes must be considerable, but you musn't forget that Mega Man also possesses superhuman reflexes that allow him to compete with enemies faster than Sonic (Quickman, Turboman). *shrugs*
(I wasn't saying anything about the fight itself. Just that a bunch of Link fanboys once kept saying that Sonic has no control over his speed)

As for Quickman. I looked up many different websites (most told me nothing) and one said that Quickman can omve up to speeds up to 700mph.

Acrosurge
(I wasn't saying anything about the fight itself. Just that a bunch of Link fanboys once kept saying that Sonic has no control over his speed)

As for Quickman. I looked up many different websites (most told me nothing) and one said that Quickman can omve up to speeds up to 700mph. Forgive me if I was mislead. The Link guys don't seem to recognize that Sonic is both fast and maneuverable. Perhaps they are basing their info on the old Sonic games, in which Sonic wasn't really able to accelerate quickly or stop on a dime.

Both Rockman Battle and Chase and Rockman Perfect Memories clock Turboman at Mach 5 and Perfect Memories states that Quickman is Turboman's equal or better in speed.

Shadow x 20
Okay. I just wanted to know because some websites don't give you a clear information bank on the characters. I'm actually pointing to Rock defeating Sonic unless of course Sonic can get the power to use his lightspeed attack (move is usable without power ups in Sonic Heroes) but Sonic wouldn't so I'm sure Rock has this fight.

Acrosurge
Okay. I just wanted to know because some websites don't give you a clear information bank on the characters. I'm actually pointing to Rock defeating Sonic unless of course Sonic can get the power to use his lightspeed attack (move is usable without power ups in Sonic Heroes) but Sonic wouldn't so I'm sure Rock has this fight. Many websites use fanbased facts and estimates. Its important to draw information from official sources, such as the game plot and sourcebooks like Rockman: Perfect Memories.

And about this matchup: I'd like to say again that I don't think Mega Man would win everytime. My point has always been that he has a chance to win!

Shadow x 20
I guess it also depends on the arena. Sonic is best known from forest levels.

megasonic
Sonic is defntly win! smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' mad evil face thumb up thumb up bunny

Shadow x 20
Does Sonic get to use the special attack from Sonic Rush?

Acrosurge
Does Sonic get to use the special attack from Sonic Rush? I don't see why not, unless it's seperate from Sonic's starting powers.

Shadow x 20
No. Sonic has a tension bar in Sonic Rush and as long as you have it a little filled up Sonic can go twice as fast and gets a cool little blue shield thingy so he can damage enemies just by running into them at high speeds.

Acrosurge
No. Sonic has a tension bar in Sonic Rush and as long as you have it a little filled up Sonic can go twice as fast and gets a cool little blue shield thingy so he can damage enemies just by running into them at high speeds. Sounds cool. I was tired of the old "get hurt by enemies just by touching them" schtick anyhow. Payback! Happy Dance

Shadow x 20
That part sucks in Mario/Sonic whatever other games has them. Just touching them gets you hurt which sucked. Sonic rules in Sonic Rush.

Shadow x 20
If this was Shadow vs. Megaman, Rock would be overpowered. Shadow is the strongest Sonic character suprassing every character but still as fast as Sonic not to mention that even if this is basic status then Shadow still has Chaos Control and Chaos Blast for in the Last Way level in Shadow the Hedgehog the game Black Doom takes all 7 Chaos Emeralds and Shadow still has the power to use Chaos Control and Chaos Blast.

Sonic x 20
I still think that Sonic will Win.

Shadow x 20
Depends mostly on the terrian that the 2 are battling on

Sonic x 20
How Much will it Effect the other if One of them Fought in the other's own World?

Shadow x 20
Not world like ocean, forest, desert, and so on

Acrosurge
Not world like ocean, forest, desert, and so on The forest would likely give Sonic the advantage of being able to seek cover. The desert seems like it might be neutral, since I don't think sand hinders Sonic too much and it certainly doesn't hinder Mega Man. The ocean will favor Mega Man, since he cannot drown, and his strength allows him to operate at his optimal speeds despite the depth and pressure.

Shadow x 20
And Sonic can't swim.

Acrosurge
And Sonic can't swim. True, but with a bit of time to Spin Dash, he can still get around okay. Mega Man can swim, but his buoyancy isn't the greatest, so he generally runs along the seabed or jumps. He can jump considerable distances underwater.

Shadow x 20
Sonic has been in forest levels as long as I can remember. If the battle is in a forest Sonic has the edge here.

Acrosurge
Sonic has been in forest levels as long as I can remember. If the battle is in a forest Sonic has the edge here. Mega Man has quite a bit of experience in Jungle environments as well. The difference is that trees and bushes will allow Sonic to capitalize on his speed and agility, as well as provide cover from Mega Man's Buster blasts.

IcePunk
Sonic wins

swedish_bum
No doubt that Mega man Wins, he gets about 8 weapons from every game except the first
(Mega man 1-9) so he got like 70 weapons

This is Mega Man not X right?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by swedish_bum
No doubt that Mega man Wins, he gets about 8 weapons from every game except the first
(Mega man 1-9) so he got like 70 weapons

This is Mega Man not X right? True, this is Rock we're talking about, but I don't think he's been given access to all his weapons in this thread. He's only got his natural abilities: superhuman strength, agility, durability, reflexes, the Mega Buster, and the Mega Uppercut.

Shadow x 20
If Rock gets his weapons Sonic gets the Chaos Emeralds. But since this is natural abilites Sonic has homing attack, spin dash, sonic speed, speed up, and blue tornado

Acrosurge
If Rock gets his weapons Sonic gets the Chaos Emeralds. But since this is natural abilites Sonic has homing attack, spin dash, sonic speed, speed up, and blue tornado Good thing for Rock. The Blue Blur would smoke him as Super Sonic.

Shadow x 20
Rock is lucky. Sonic (and Shadow) are the only people (besides Chaos and robots) that can use the 7 Chaos Emeralds to transform into 'Super' forms.

zerotothemax
rockman wins hands down even if sonic goes super mega goes hyper
or merges with rush

MadMel
super sonic cant die, and has unlimited energy..no expression

S.G
I think Sonic will win but to be honest I am changeing because the Mega man fan is kicking ass. And all those 1 liners please contribute not just Sonic wins. Because unless you do somthing he will lose.

The-Judge
megaman has defeated quickman. why shouldnt he be able to kill him in a less durable form like sonic?messed

sidekick
i dont know much about megaman so can post info about him please?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by sidekick
i dont know much about megaman so can post info about him please?

Just google himsrug?

Originally posted by The-Judge
megaman has defeated quickman. why shouldnt he be able to kill him in a less durable form like sonic?messed

Coz Sonic's probably more smarter, and if his friend's are on the line, woe betide the Blue Robot.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Coz Sonic's probably more smarter, and if his friend's are on the line, woe betide the Blue Robot. "More smarter"?

If Sonic gets his friends, then Rock will be bringing companions of his own. Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass still trump Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow, IMO. The robots have strength, agility, firepower, durability, and reflexes like Mega Man (greater in some aspects). Speed alone won't be enough for a Sonic Team to get a majority.

Ricodrayz
Chaos control > megaman and friends lol

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Chaos control > megaman and friends lol Not if Flash Man, Centaur Man, and Astro Man are around. smile

Ricodrayz
Not when Flash Man, Centaur Man, and Astro Man are around. smile Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow eek!

dirkdirden
Sonic easy wins

Spindash = OWNED.

Acrosurge
Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow eek! Heck, if we're allowed to bring any character into this contest, then I select Unknown X and Awakened Zero. Total invulnerability and DOA attacks FTW! XP

Ricodrayz
Heck, if we're allowed to bring any character into this contest, then I select Unknown X and Awakened Zero. Total invulnerability and DOA attacks FTW! XP lol wel Shadow has a gun. NUFF SAID.

Anyway, back to the one vs one lol, this is fast Sonic vs Slow regular not X megaman.

Acrosurge
lol wel Shadow has a gun. NUFF SAID.

Anyway, back to the one vs one lol, this is fast Sonic vs Slow regular not X megaman. ... this "slow" Mega Man has defeated speedsters and teleporters (one of whom clocks out at Mach 15). Sonic would be a challenge, but Mega Man's durability, reflexes, and firepower would give him the win, IMO.

Also, Rock has lifted Wily's fortress and laid out giant robots with an uppercut. Sonic has been sucker-punched by slower characters before (Knuckles, anyone?). A single one of Mega Man's punches would send the Blue Blur into next week. What regular attack does Sonic have that would compete with Mega Man's Mega Buster or Mega Uppercut?

Ricodrayz
... this "slow" Mega Man has defeated speedsters and teleporters (one of whom clocks out at Mach 15). Sonic would be a challenge, but Mega Man's durability, reflexes, and firepower would give him the win, IMO.

Also, Rock has lifted Wily's fortress and laid out giant robots with an uppercut. Sonic has been sucker-punched by slower characters before (Knuckles, anyone?). A single one of Mega Man's punches would send the Blue Blur into next week. What regular attack does Sonic have that would compete with Mega Man's Mega Buster or Mega Uppercut? Vs a guy that runs around the world many times stick out tongue Also batman hit flash, because of PIS lol

Acrosurge
Vs a guy that runs around the world many times stick out tongue Also batman hit flash, because of PIS lol ...wha? Sonic is not the Flash. Not even close. And Batman isn't Mega Man.

Mega Man has been around the world plenty of times himself, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Emperor Ashtar
Sonic has been sucker-punched by slower characters before (Knuckles, anyone?).
Actually, it was super sonic that was sucker punched by knuckles.

Ricodrayz
...wha? Sonic is not the Flash. Not even close. And Batman isn't Mega Man.

Mega Man has been around the world plenty of times himself, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Did I say that lol, you missed the point completly. Did mega run around it in a fast time lol? Do show me. Hope this is also Megaman and not his other 7836857687463756 versions.

Emperor Ashtar
Acrosurge, is pointing out that megaman has dealt with superspeed before.So, sonics speed should not be too much of a problem.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Actually, it was super sonic that was sucker punched by knuckles. Quoted for truth. If Knuckles can punch Super Sonic, then I don't see why it should be an impossibility for Mega Man to tag regular Sonic. Especially since Rock has faced speedsters equal or faster than regular Sonic.

Emperor Ashtar
But, acrosurge, knuckles is very strong. He can punch boulders and thick walls as if they are nothing. I don't think he's as strong as MegaMan, though.

Acrosurge
But, acrosurge, knuckles is very strong. He can punch boulders and thick walls as if they are nothing. Rock has superhuman strength also. He's lifted Wily's fortress (Mega Man 5), and has demonstrated the ability to lay out 2-3 story tall robots with a single Mega Uppercut (MM: Power Fighters). More minor strength feats include lifting Gutsman and tossing a speeding Charge Man (not a true speedster, but fast nonetheless) with a single hand.

Emperor Ashtar
Well, I think MegaMan wins, unless super or hyper sonic is allowed.

EDIT: Are his power ups, like heat bublle,speed shoes, and etc barred?

MetaHybrid

EDIT: Are his power ups, like heat bublle,speed shoes, and etc barred?

Doesn't the heat bubble disappear after one hit, and doesn't his speed shoes last only for a small time?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
Doesn't the heat bubble disappear after one hit, and doesn't his speed shoes last only for a small time?

Going by game restriction, all of MegaMans power ups run out as well.

MetaHybrid
Going by game restriction, all of MegaMans power ups run out as well.

Your right of coruse, but what I mean was, those power-ups are only temporary. Like Mario's Star.

Emperor Ashtar
Not, the bubbles, though.

Acrosurge

EDIT: Are his power ups, like heat bublle,speed shoes, and etc barred? The thread didn't specify. For the most part, I assumed the battle was supposed to be natural abilities only. No powerups.

I think Mega Man would take a majority in an open, arena setting. Earlier, we discussed placing the battle in different settings. Doing so would give one character an edge over the other. For instance, Sonic would have an edge in a city or jungle environment, where he could use obstacles to capitalize on his agility and protect himself from Mega Man's firepower. On the other hand, a desert or ocean environment would favor Mega Man due to the open space, and the fact that Mega Man can manuever normally underwater (where as Sonic cannot move as quickly and will eventually drown).

Redde
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that Mega Man takes this one has NO IDEA what he's talking about. Sonic is a far more versatile character (even if you take into account Mega Man's powerups, most of which are simply alternate shots that are slow and easily dodge-able and are only useful in-game because the enemies' AI isn't programmed to dodge them), has far more impressive feats (he often beats mechs that are bigger and deadlier than MM, and even took out Perfect Chaos, who MM can't even touch, without using any emeralds), and is one of the fastest video game characters, in contrast with Mega Man, one of the slowest ones. Sonic should be able to easily dodge all of MM's attacks. The best bet MM has is using Flash Man's ability to stop time, but even then, he can't attack while time is stopped, so I still don't see how he's going to harm Sonic. In contrast, Sonic can stop time using a single emerald and still perform any of his attacks and moves meanwhile.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter whether there are any emeralds or powerups involved, either way Sonic takes this one.

If you disagree with this post, answer the following questions:

1) How is MM, with his slow walking and jumping speed and slow shots, going to harm a hedgehog who can move faster than sound? No, Quick Man is nowhere near as fast as Sonic.

2) How is MM going to defeat Perfect Chaos by himself (ie: without powerups or items), like Sonic did? Heck, even with his powerups and items, I don't see him taking PC out.

TacDavey
Originally posted by Redde
1) How is MM, with his slow walking and jumping speed and slow shots, going to harm a hedgehog who can move faster than sound? No, Quick Man is nowhere near as fast as Sonic.

According to previous posts he is. You cannot simply say "he's not faster" without providing some sort of reason to support this claim. Apparently one of the characters MegaMan fights can go Mach 5. I don't think Sonic can go Mach 5, can he?

Originally posted by Redde
2) How is MM going to defeat Perfect Chaos by himself (ie: without powerups or items), like Sonic did? Heck, even with his powerups and items, I don't see him taking PC out.

A proper argument would be:

MegaMan can't beat Perfect Chaos for these reasons: A, B, C. Sonic beat Perfect Chaos with no help, thus Sonic wins. Simply assuming a character cannot beat another is not going to work.

atv2
Hard to say, Sonic could dodge most of Megaman's attacks with his speed. Of all of the enhancements Megaman has received, he has never shown any signs of invincibility as Sonic did when he went Super Sonic with the Chaos Emeralds. X may have a chance with his ultimate armor seeing that the nova strike can make him invincible.

TacDavey
Sonic doesn't have the emeralds though. He can't go Super Sonic.

Emi~Kiro
Sonic takes megaman apart unless he gets one of those fancy time stopping powers
http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sonic-and-mega-man-in-comic-book-crossover.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.