What's this film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

actor
I saw this film ages ago and i cannot remember what it is called and i wanna see it again! Here is some things i remember about it and see if you can help me.

It is about a couple and they stop at a gas station and the man waits in the car for ages and the girl does not come back.
You find out she was lured into a mans car and he put a cloth with something on it around her mouth that made her pass out. She was buried alive.
The man searches for her for years. In the end, he finds the killer in a cabin in the forest and the killer buries him alive but a girl who he had been seeing finds out and digs him up.
He kills the man by hitting him lots of times in the chest with an axe. He then hugs the girl and he sees behind her the bump in the soil where his wife must have been buried.

Some parts of that may be inaccurate but that is the most i can remember.
Please tell me what the film is. I really want to see it again! Thanks!

Impediment
The Vanishing?

actor
Is it?

Deano
yeh that would be the one

MildPossession
It sounds like the rubbish remake, because it is definitely not the original one. Look for the remake with Sandra Bullock and Kiefa(sp?) Sutherland.

Impediment
I had no idea there was an original.

MildPossession
Yep, I recommend seeing the original one from 1988, The Vanishing/Spoorloos. French/Dutch made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.