greatest ending ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
The ROTJ ending was sooooooo cool it took my breath away. It gets better each time I see it unlike other endings where it gets worse. I nearly cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously you guys it rocks.

no negative comments will be replied by me or anyone cool, straight, sober and/or sane.

xyz jedi
else. Anyone else cool, straight, sober and/or sane

Canadadude
Return of the Jedi has a great ending I agree. I prefer the ending from Original RotJ and not the Special Edition one

xyz jedi
else. Anyone else cool, straight, sober and/or sane

overlord
Yeah, here! I'm cool, straight, sober and/or sane! Let's get together and play guitar solo's all night!

As for the special edition, it's teh gey.

jainasolo55
i like the special edition ending the best but thats just cuz i grew up watching the SE so thats the one im use to i like how they show the celebration around the whole galaxy in the orginal it makes the victory seem so small

overlord
One day you'll change that opinion. smile

beedubaya
The people who have the most problems with the changes are the people that grew up with the original 1970s-80s versions...because they are sentimental to them. In all actuality, these changes aren't that big of deal.

overlord
They are useless and it is useless defending them. miffed

xyz jedi
It's best with Ben Yoda and Luke's uncle

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by overlord
They are useless and it is useless defending them. miffed

Your a hypocrite

overlord
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Your a hypocrite

Care to explain? Of course not, because you didn't get what I was refering to. I said the changes are useless and stupid and likewise is defending the changes.
Those changes are so useless I can't even think straight! miffed

Tangible God
Care to explain? Of course not, because you didn't get what I was refering to. I said the changes are useless and stupid and likewise is defending the changes.
Those changes are so useless I can't even think straight! miffed Maybe it's because your sig has Jar Jar for a head.

overlord
You are thinking way too far through.. pirate

Ultimate-Venom
Ausome Ending...I totally agree cool

Tangible God
"AUSOME?"

overlord
gruesome.. cool

xyz jedi
ROTJ is the best out of all SW right?

overlord
no.

OB1-adobe
Those changes are so useless I can't even think straight! miffed

Yeah, I'll explain. Because it useless for you defend that the old one was better.

Yeah they ending is AUSOME!!! Happy Dance

overlord
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Yeah, I'll explain. Because it useless for you defend that the old one was better.

Yeah they ending is AUSOME!!! Happy Dance
So that makes me a hypocrite in what term?
You are an even bigger noob than me, Lucas is laughing at you.

Tangible God
"AUSOME!!!!"

xyz jedi
it's AWESOME!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chinabing
So it took Qui-Gon years to become a Jedi Ghost, and Obi-Wan until another movie. Then Yoda fades in after only a day, and Anakin learns the path to immortality in only a few minutes?

overlord
Hmm?? How come I can't even remember posting in this thread?
My mind must be going to shread.. Hey that rhymes!! I'm a rapper!

queeq
Originally posted by chinabing
So it took Qui-Gon years to become a Jedi Ghost, and Obi-Wan until another movie. Then Yoda fades in after only a day, and Anakin learns the path to immortality in only a few minutes?

They had about 20 years to work on it, pal.

chinabing
It just means Anakin is the greatest of all the Jedi.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by chinabing
So it took Qui-Gon years to become a Jedi Ghost, and Obi-Wan until another movie. Then Yoda fades in after only a day, and Anakin learns the path to immortality in only a few minutes? the hell... It takes 0 seconds to become a ghost after dead they just went to the party. Qui-Gon??? You mean Uncle Owan.

tpaquin
Originally posted by xyz jedi
Qui-Gon??? You mean Uncle Owan.

Yes...the ghost of uncle owen...I must have missed that big scene.

xyz jedi
yes you did.

truejedi
Originally posted by tpaquin
Yes...the ghost of uncle owen...I must have missed that big scene.

one of the best parts of the movie i think, you know, when obi wan, and yoda and anakin and uncle owan are all standing around watching the party after the death star blows up?

Mando
Originally posted by truejedi
one of the best parts of the movie i think, you know, when obi wan, and yoda and anakin and uncle owan are all standing around watching the party after the death star blows up?

I thought it was only Anakin, yoda, and Kenobi.

xyz jedi
it was yoda obi and uncle owan. peeps think it's ani ai first but later find out it isn't when they see it again.

Mando
it was yoda obi and uncle owan. peeps think it's ani ai first but later find out it isn't when they see it again.

Does that explain why hayden christian is in ROTJ?

xyz jedi
what how could he be in it. ROTJ was released in 1983.

Mando
what how could he be in it. ROTJ was released in 1983.

The new digitally re-masterd DVD set replaced darth vader with hayden during the celebration at the ewok village..

It's really anakin in the 1983 version. not owen. That's why hayden replaced him.

Didn't you get the memo?

Mando
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/6-02-2004.jpgDVD
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/6-02-1997.jpg VHS

Differences here: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges02.html

Tangible God
Uncle Owen did not wear a Jedi robe.

It's Anakin.

Mando
Originally posted by Tangible God
Uncle Owen did not wear a Jedi robe.

It's Anakin.

That's precisely what I've been saying.

And that's not the only reason. Owen couldn't learn how to make himself form into a force ghost anyhow. You need to be a jedi to have that ability. So sorry XYZ, but you are wrong. Study a little bit, and read the books, before you start telling people they are wrong.

xyz jedi
okay fine, I was wrong.

Mando
I'm not saying anything mean, It's just that to prove someone wrong must mean that you are knowledgeable in that particular subject.

xyz jedi
Yeah yeah, it's Anakin. That's actually a lot better.

overlord
Uncle Owen was an ass-hole. Why the hell would Luke want to see him?

xyz jedi
Uncle Owen was an ass-hole. Why the hell would Luke want to see him? laughing out loud

xyz jedi
But qui-Gon said the force is in everything and since Owan was related to Ani he should have enough midichlorians to produce a force ghost. But it is Ani though. I'm just saying Owan can produce a force ghost.

SpyCspider
since Owan was related to Ani he should have enough midichlorians to produce a force ghost. I'm just saying Owan can produce a force ghost.

speechless

man, i don't think i've ever been this mean before....sorry XYZ.

overlord
xyz is our littlest friend on this here forum. wink

Mando
Xyz for forum moderator!

stick out tongue

xyz jedi
I've only been here since may.

overlord
Yeah, but you still need to be moderator.

xyz jedi
what? I don't understand what you mean.

overlord
Yeah you don't understand, but you still need to be moderator.

By the way: What was point of the topic again?

SpyCspider
hahah we're all jackasses, XYZ.

sarcasm always so lost on some people...

ANYWAYS, the reason why Owen could never conjure up a force ghost....cuz he was not related to Anakin by blood. He was Clieg Lars's son and Shim's stepson, hence Anakin's stepbrother...NOT half-brother. So there ya go, no blood relation to THE ONE at all. SOMEBODY CORRECT ME IF THIS IS FALSE.

If you wanna say the force exists in everything and can therefore allow the living thing to produce a force ghost, then Jawas and that hugeass worm in the asteroid (ESB) can do it too technically...

xyz jedi
Originally posted by SpyCspider
hahah we're all jackasses, XYZ.

sarcasm always so lost on some people...

ANYWAYS, the reason why Owen could never conjure up a force ghost....cuz he was not related to Anakin by blood. He was Clieg Lars's son and Shim's stepson, hence Anakin's stepbrother...NOT half-brother. So there ya go, no blood relation to THE ONE at all. SOMEBODY CORRECT ME IF THIS IS FALSE.

If you wanna say the force exists in everything and can therefore allow the living thing to produce a force ghost, then Jawas and that hugeass worm in the asteroid (ESB) can do it too technically... half-brothers are uncles?

SpyCspider
uh, i just said they were STEP-brothers, NOT HALF-brothers.

Either way, yes...Owen would be Luke's uncle no matter what since he's Anakin's brother. Why do I have to explain this?

besides, the word "uncle" can be used in many instances in many cultures where blood is not related.

henniestevens
Of course it was Anakin in ROTJ.
Owen was the smokin' burned corpse in ANH.
And of course Obi and Yoda could become a force-ghost sooner then Qui-Gon. They learned the trick of him. But who taught Anakin so soon?
well it must be a trick quick to master, since he learned it in a couple of hours.

tpaquin
Originally posted by SpyCspider

If you wanna say the force exists in everything and can therefore allow the living thing to produce a force ghost, then Jawas and that hugeass worm in the asteroid (ESB) can do it too technically...

The lineup would be so much more powerful if it was Uncle Owen, a Jawa, and the Space Worm from ESB.

Saying that the ghost is not Anakin sort of undermines the entire point of the entire series, doesn't it?

SpyCspider
Originally posted by tpaquin
The lineup would be so much more powerful if it was Uncle Owen, a Jawa, and the Space Worm from ESB.

laughing

y'know i'm picturing it rite now, rite? Luke standing there, leans on his elbow and then looking at the ghosts of those 3 smiling at him.....of course, he'd prolly not notice the worm since everyone on Endor was probably celebrating inside of it a la Han, Leia, Chewie, and the Falcon in ESB...

willman
the newer one is better because it shows couruscant and naboo and they use Hayden Christensen for lukes father.

xyz jedi
yes, yes we know.

Mando
Originally posted by willman
the newer one is better because it shows couruscant and naboo and they use Hayden Christensen for lukes father.

How does that make it better?

I'd much prefer the original.

Decay
i was very skeptical about the young anakin being put in but after seeing it i loved it. it brings things full circle and there is a good sense of closure, and that everything in the end worked out. good won, the chosen one fulfilled his destiny and lived happily ever after. well, died happily ever after.

it makes sense, anakin was consumed by vader when he was young, if he was to come back he would have the image of when he was last a true jedi. obi wan was old because he lived his whole life as a jedi, yoda was puppet yoda because he died as puppet yoda, anakin abandoned the light when he was young, its how he lived as a jedi, if his ghost is comming back as a good guy it would be from the last time he was good, and a part of the light.

a very very cool ending indeed. even when vader throws off the emperorgot me more excited about rotj than i have been in years. anakins back baby, and saving the entire galaxy. thanks to him luke will have an oppertunity to pass on his knowlege like yoda asked of him, and the republic can return. and after thousands of years the sith are truely dead. no more dark lord stalking the corrodors of courisant.

overlord
Pff.. Whatever rocks your boat..

Decay
that sufficently rocked my boat.

overlord
Still think including Hayden as ghost was dumb though.. erm

Decay
yeah i can understand how you feel. young anakin is something you can justify, but it would make slightly more sense the original way. i thought it was stupid when i heard about it, i just think it adds a more emotional element to it and shows you that it was anakin under the helmet the whole time and he finally did the right thing and rejoined his master and friend obi wan.

i didnt get why he was wearing the exact same clothes as obi wan though, he seemingly never wore them in his later years as a jedi. i suppose its a way to show that he let go of the darkness that was hinted at by his fashon sense.

Talking_Owl
I think both Shaw and Christensen were good in this, and the difference isn't enough to make much of a difference. Whether your watching the O-OT or the SE-OT, this is still a great scene.

xyz jedi
Still think including Hayden as ghost was dumb though.. erm me too. I like the original.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Talking_Owl
I think both Shaw and Christensen were good in this, and the difference isn't enough to make much of a difference. Whether your watching the O-OT or the SE-OT, this is still a great scene. The special edition still had Shaw. Just the DVD version. And the O-OT sucked balls.

kanis
alucard I like the ROTJ ending on the dvd the music soundtrack is better and like someone else said that you get to see coruscant and the other planets but if you pause it on coruscant and zoom you see the jedi temple in the background.

Mr Parker
ROTJ is the best out of all SW right?

No ,matter of fact,its worse than all the other bad star wars movies that have been made since Empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.