Humans, unite!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Has there ever been a wide scale extermination of non human species in the SW universe? If not, then why not? These damn aliens have been stealing human jobs and such!

Se7in
Well, the Empire had a big bias against all non-human species. Thrawn was one of the few non-human people to make it big in the Empire.

Captain REX
Wide-scale extermination stuff happened during the days of the Sith Wars, I think.

The Massassi, technically, were terminated by Kun's powers, all so Exar Kun could live for another 4000 years.

Council#13
That would be neat. Kill all aliens!!!

Da preacher
The empire did on small scale.
But they didn't exterminate 'em they enslaved 'em.

Insane Monk
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Has there ever been a wide scale extermination of non human species in the SW universe? If not, then why not? These damn aliens have been stealing human jobs and such!

If you are looking for exterminations, I believe there were some in Germany in the 1920s-1940s.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Insane Monk
If you are looking for exterminations, I believe there were some in Germany in the 1920s-1940s.

Always the first cited example. Other examples of extermination include acts by... let's see.... EVERY major power in existance and many no longer in existance.

Insane Monk
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Always the first cited example. Other examples of extermination include acts by... let's see.... EVERY major power in existance and many no longer in existance.

That's true.

Deus Ex
And rather sad. But beside the thread point. There's nothing to indicate a real purge, but then again who would know? In a galaxy with billions of star systems one race being wiped out is relatively minor and likely to go unnoticed. It's as Atton said when he saw the Miralukan- that he didn't think any more existed. And yet they are found even in the PT times and beyond.

Fishy
A bunch of races have been hunted down to the brink of extinction. Mandelorians, Miralukans, Massassi, Ubese and god knows how many others... It just doesn't really matter on the grand scale of things, as long as they aren't the mayor races it really doesn't mean shit.

Insane Monk
There was a purge of people with certian ideals. The jedi purge. And the Miraluka and Mandalorians and Ubeese weren't hunted down. They were (mostly) wiped out in battle, or a huge weapons accident, or Darth Nihilus.

Deus Ex
I'd like to point out that the world Nihilus destroyed was a colony and not the Miralukan homeworld.

Insane Monk
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Deus Ex
I hadn't caught that myself until my second playthru, I think. Miralukans are also used in some RPG sourcebooks, and there may be some in EU and movies, but I hadn't really looked.

Fishy
Originally posted by Deus Ex
I'd like to point out that the world Nihilus destroyed was a colony and not the Miralukan homeworld.

Yeah it was a colony. Atton also says he didn't think any of them were left in this part of the galaxy..

However the damage done by Nihilus would have been incredible to make such an impact on the race. Even if it was a colony. Besides sometimes colony's become more important then the capitols, more inhabitent or bigger.

Deus Ex
That's very true, I was just thinking that. In any case, they are reclusive, so their loss would be marginal to the rest of the galaxy.

Fishy
Well thats for sure, but the rest of the galaxy hardly ever cares for anything that doesn't affect them directly.

Tangible God
And what about the disease Ysanne Isard leaked into Coruscant's water system that targeted non-humans.

Se7in
It's amazing that even after Nihilus' huge attack on their race, the Miralukas outlived to the post-ROTJ era.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.